Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Critique my Workout + Diet please

• 17-02-2010 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Workout mostly 3 times a week(Sat,Tue,Thur),sometimes only twice - Alternating between the Sessions below - New enough to this game so go easy,X-Gaa player(Intermittent gym sessions while playing, never anyting too serious)
    30yrs old,5ft10,round 80KG's - Looking to Bulk and tone up basically.

Session A
    10 mins cross trainer
    10 min bike
    Stretch 5mins
    Situps 30 x 3
    Pull ups 5 x 5
    Squats 5 x 5
    Seated Row 5 x 5
    Shoulder Press 5 x 5
    Lateral Dumbell extenstions(Hips to shoulder high) 5 x 5

Session B
    10 mins cross trainer
    10 min bike
    Stretch 5min
    Situps 30 x 3
    Bench Press 5 x 5
    Fully body Dips 3 * 10
    Bicep Curls 5 x 5
    Triceps pull down cable machine 5 x 5
    Bicep Curls on cable machine 5 x 5

Diet -

Breakfast - 2 bowls Shreddies(WholeGrain) low fat milk some sugar,Orange Juice,Vitiamin Tablet and Fish oil Tablet

Mid Morning - Granola Bar,Cup of tea

Lunch - Usually Brown Chicken Roll with mayo,stuffing,lettuce,peppers or Chicken Wrap with mayo and sum veg. Another Granola Bar.Innocent Smoothie(Bananas,Strawberry,orange juice)

Dinner usually either Shepperds Pie,Chicken and Wedges,Chicken Curry,Steak and wedges,Chicken and Veg,Roast Beef and Veg

Evening Snack -Bowl of Ready brek with low fat milk and some protein powder mixed in

Dont really eat too much chocolate,crisps etc,would usually get pizza on a sunday if out the night before as my hangover cure as my only vice:cool:

Thanks guys for any feedback

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Framework wrote: »
    Workout mostly 3 times a week(Sat,Tue,Thur),sometimes only twice - Alternating between the Sessions below - New enough to this game so go easy,X-Gaa player(Intermittent gym sessions while playing, never anyting too serious)
    30yrs old,5ft10,round 80KG's - Looking to Bulk and tone up basically.

Session A
    10 mins cross trainer
    10 min bike
    Stretch 5mins
    Situps 30 x 3
    Pull ups 5 x 5
    Squats 5 x 5
    Seated Row 5 x 5
    Shoulder Press 5 x 5
    Lateral Dumbell extenstions(Hips to shoulder high) 5 x 5

Session B
    10 mins cross trainer
    10 min bike
    Stretch 5min
    Situps 30 x 3
    Bench Press 5 x 5
    Fully body Dips 3 * 10
    Bicep Curls 5 x 5
    Triceps pull down cable machine 5 x 5
    Bicep Curls on cable machine 5 x 5

Diet -

Breakfast - 2 bowls Shreddies(WholeGrain) low fat milk some sugar,Orange Juice,Vitiamin Tablet and Fish oil Tablet

Mid Morning - Granola Bar,Cup of tea

Lunch - Usually Brown Chicken Roll with mayo,stuffing,lettuce,peppers or Chicken Wrap with mayo and sum veg. Another Granola Bar.Innocent Smoothie(Bananas,Strawberry,orange juice)

Dinner usually either Shepperds Pie,Chicken and Wedges,Chicken Curry,Steak and wedges,Chicken and Veg,Roast Beef and Veg

Evening Snack -Bowl of Ready brek with low fat milk and some protein powder mixed in

Dont really eat too much chocolate,crisps etc,would usually get pizza on a sunday if out the night before as my hangover cure as my only vice:cool:

Thanks guys for any feedback
    list the weights you are lifting currently

there is no leg work on second day e.g. deadlifts, lunges, split squats etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Framework

Transform wrote: »
    list the weights you are lifting currently

there is no leg work on second day e.g. deadlifts, lunges, split squats etc

No leg work second day,I guess I was trying to concentrate more on upper body and just do a bit on the legs,maybe thats flawed logic?

Weight lifting are bolded below -

Session A
    10 mins cross trainer
    10 min bike
    Stretch 5mins
    Situps 30 x 3
    Pull ups 5 x 5
    Squats 5 x 5 70KG
    Seated Row 5 x 5 70KG
    Shoulder Press 5 x 5 50KG
    Lateral Dumbell extenstions(Hips to shoulder high) 5 x 5 12KG or lbs not sure

Session B
    10 mins cross trainer
    10 min bike
    Stretch 5min
    Situps 30 x 3
    Bench Press 5 x 5 75KG
    Fully body Dips 3 * 10
    Bicep Curls 5 x 5 50KG ish I think
    Triceps pull down cable machine 5 x 5 Not sure somewhere middle of machine
    Bicep Curls on cable machine 5 x 5 Not sure somewhere middle of machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Okay I'd ditch the lateral raises, bicep curls and cable bicep curls.

If you're a novice, which we'll define as being able to make gains each session (e.g. 70Kg this week, 72.5Kg next session, 75Kg the next) you should/could squat in both sessions.

I'd deadlift once a week up to a heavy set of 5, and power clean up to a heavy tripple on the other weighted session.

As far as warm up goes, 500m-1000m on the Concept 2 should get you warmed up. A good mobility warm up too would be a better use of your time than stretching before weights.

Advertisement