Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone quitting for Lent?

Options
  • 17-02-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

Just wondering. I'm off them since this morning. Been on Champix for a few weeks longer than I should be :eek: and really need to get the finger out. But something about Lent - the whole 40 days of abstinence - that's giving me a motivation here. Before, it was always, right I'll have one more fag and that'll be the last I'll ever smoke. Now I'm thinking, no more for 40 days.

So anyway, I'm an agnostic-atheist hybrid, so Lent doesn't normally mean much, but I'm fired up for it this time.

Good luck to all you Lent-quitters, and post in here if you want some support.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Best of luck to you. Targets make it easier alright. 40 days is a reasonable target to aim for and if you reach it there's no reason you can't make it another 40, then another ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Good luck to all you Lent-quitters, and post in here if you want some support.

I'm the same, trying to do the 40 days, struggling to get through the first though, i'm not trying any of the patches etc.
    Macros42 wrote: »
    Best of luck to you. Targets make it easier alright. 40 days is a reasonable target to aim for and if you reach it there's no reason you can't make it another 40, then another ... :)

I'm starting with 1 day as a reasonable target! I'll set it again tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Fair play to you with the cold turkey. I've found Quitnet to be handy, you can tell them your quit date, and they drop you an email every day for the first week, just with tips & stuff. But every time you log in, it tells you how long you've lasted, and how many cigarettes you haven't smoked.

It could be a tough 40 days, but the benefits are pretty obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I've been off them since yesterday, going well so far, off them cold turkey.

Also gave up biscuits, chocolate, crisps, sweets & minerals as well....

Advertisement