Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Term Accomodation in Perth - Not Hostels

Options
  • 17-02-2010 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,

I am moving to Perth in April and want to get a short term rental for about a month, I am really not too keen on staying in a hostel, I would prefer to get a 1 bed appartment, ideally close to the city centre. I had a quick look and it seems fairly expensive. Anyone have any tips on where or how I could find somewhere suitable? :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anywhere around the city is going to be pricey but if that's where you want to be then check out Leederville, Subiaco and South Perth.

IMO you would be better going a little further, i.e. Glendalough, where it's 10 mins to the city on the train but far enough away to not break the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 twinkl

Thanks Xavi6 for that - will have a look at the Glendalough area, sounds ideal.

Could you recommend any good accommodation websites?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well Gumtree is pretty good for short term accomodation. I've seen a lot of house sharing advertised there.

Apart from that maybe give these two a look -

http://www.rent.com.au/?gclid=CLHQtbPN-Z8CFdAvpAodpBZbWA

http://www.realestate.com.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

im looking for something short tem in perth too. the estate agents all seem to want 6-12 month leases signed straight away but through gumtree we have found someone who is happy with a 3 month lease. i'll be in perth at the end of next week to check the place out, if it works out there will be a bedroom in a fully furnished apartment near the city that my OH and I would be looking to rent out.

i'll look through my email later to check where it is.

Advertisement