Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2010 - June 4,5,6 - Belvedere House

Options
  • 17-02-2010 2:17pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

logo2.gif
    http://www.life-festival.com

Life was my favourite festival of last year - and it also won "Best Irish Dance Festival" for 2009. I'm really excited about this year as I'm playing :D:D:D

Anyone here going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Yeah cant wait to go this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Wouldn't mind checking it out. When's the lineup announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

deffo gonna be there ! last year was immense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

Brin it on woo hoo :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys I can now get slightly cheaper tickets, with no booking fee! So if you want one from me pm me and I will see if I can sort you out. Prices are as follows:

Early birds - purchased before 28th Feb - €95
    March pre-sale - purchased before 31th March - €110
    April pre-sale - purchased before 30th April - €120
    May pre-sale - purchased before 2nd of June - €130

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind checking it out. When's the lineup announced?

The first names on the line-up are to be announced shortly apparently.

Bring it on !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SupaFast

grrrrreat festival!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

Anybody get the line up in Andrews lane last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

Elevator wrote: »
    Anybody get the line up in Andrews lane last night?

Infected Mushroom OLD SCHOOL CLASSICAL SET ( First time in Europe in a long time) Live
    Video\"Psycho\"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEbTdHQloi8

HILIGHT TRIBE (Kosmik Hoboes / France) live
    Astral Projection (Boagroup / Israel) live
    MadMax (3D Vision / Spainl) live
    Spacetribe (Space Tribe / Australia) live
    Tristan (Nano Records / UK) live
    SynSUN (Phonokol Records / Ukraine) live
    U-Recken (DooFlex / Israel) live
    Vaishiyas (SpinTwist / Germany) live
    Eat Static (TIP World / UK)
    Phatmatix (Yabai / France) live
    Reality Grid (Wildthings Records / UK) Live
    EVP (Wildthings Records / UK) Live
    Dejavoo (Transient / UK)
    Tech Twist (Crystal Matrix / Portugal) Live
    Gaba (PsyInvasion / Brasil)
    Zefer (Neutronyx / Spain)
    Mr. Ix (Neutronyx / Spain)
    Squee (Neutronyx / PT Connection / Portugal)
    Haryom (Psytrance.ie / Iran)
    Vic Triplag (Triplag / Russia)
    Alien Angel (EarthStar / Ireland)
    Daniel Rell (MoonEmotions / Spain)
    Dj MIF (Mutagen / UK)

and more tbc...

Skream, Joker, Mad Professor, Ben Sims & Surgeon (Frequency 7), and Massi DL also announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

I'll be there!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Villalobos Announced!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

And Liebing also, pretty whopper line-up at this stage!

Yep! Villalobos, Chris Leibing, Ben Simms & Surgeon - very impressive for a small festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

**** me sideways - I'm there with bells on! That is by far the best line-up I've ever seen for a festival of that size AND I'm going to see Villalobos the week before in Queens student union bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Pretty damn good price wise also. Remember paying something like €40 to see Infected Mushroom in the Tivoli, Benn Simms and the Surgeon was €20 in Tripod a few weeks back, three day festival with camping for the price of going to see two or three of the main artists.

They could completely annihilate the picnic next year if this goes right. The EP promoters are completely alienating the dance crowd for the last two years as they see them as the ''wrong'' crowd, first getting rid of the bodytonic village and then even the cosby stage was relegated.

Body and Soul is the last bastion with people like fourtet and hypnotic brass ensemble, not to mention homegrown stuff like DJ Kormac and the big band, 3epkano (who were class) and even the orb who I crewed for last year. But that said, they too have started their own festival.

Now that the picnic has gone all folksy I reckon there's a big gap in the market for a *big* non-knacker dance festival. Something like garden party a couple years back but for a few days. Although, that said, this seems to be the year of the small intimate festival with stuff like Solas, Bealtaine, Green Gathering, Cois Farraige, Rory Gallagher Festival, No Place Like Dome, Body and Soul Festival, YES! Festival, that mad trance thing in dalymount park with the paramilitaries or whatever the hell was going on there :D and all those other little raves and stuff like that beach party in howth coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sv650

Woohoo, cracking lineup alright. Have been to all but 1 life festival so far. Kind of a shame it's getting bigger each year, but hardly surprising really.

More of a psy fan myself, but won't be missing Liebing, Sims, Villalobos...

Also really looking forward to Hilight Tribe and Eat Static!! Not to mention a bit of dubstep, d'n'b.
    Now let's hope the weather is as good as last year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 john2984

I wonder if Villalobos will bring a bad tune with him. None to be heard at timewarp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

I wonder if Villalobos can stay sober :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Lads anyone know if theres anything on the friday nite or is it just local talent while people get their tents up?
    looking to head sat & sun but dont want to miss sims, liebing, popstars or villalobos.

Schedule will not be released until a few days before. Villalobos is playing on the Saturday from what I hear - apparently he's playing in a big open space by the lake, and they want everyone at it so there will not be too much else going on at the same time. So many other big acts to play, I doubt it will only be local talent on Friday.

I've heard he's playing early enough, and to be honest I'm not sure if a minimal set would be suited to a scenic location during the daytime.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I've heard he's playing early enough, and to be honest I'm not sure if a minimal set would be suited to a scenic location during the daytime.

Minimal set?

Edit: Despite the obvious connotations that the pic for the video has!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MiCrOMaN1

Does anybody have a ticket for the festival? the problem is ive only got 100:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 carrickcolin

Whats the crowd like at Life festival, i heard a few knackers were ruining things for people last year. The lineup is a winner but i hate scummers killing the buzz.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Whats the crowd like at Life festival, i heard a few knackers were ruining things for people last year. The lineup is a winner but i hate scummers killing the buzz.

Thanks
    most folks had a great time, a few folks had their buzz ruined by scummers to varying degrees.

Personally, I think that as the festival moves more towards being about money and less about the musicians and audience then you'll have more of the scummer type. I've gone to it for years, played it twice but couldn't be bothered this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Minimal set?

Edit: Despite the obvious connotations that the pic for the video has!

what a frikkin tune!! I'd never heard it before and never really had much time for his stuff up until now.

must go check out some of his other stuff and some live sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 carrickcolin

Cheers Greg,

I to like drinking baileys from a shoe, Im going to give Life a shot this year. Im praying the scummers cant afford it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MiCrOMaN1

im a scummer and im going

Advertisement