Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2010 - June 4,5,6 - Belvedere House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Cheers Greg,

I to like drinking baileys from a shoe, Im going to give Life a shot this year. Im praying the scummers cant afford it this year.
    :p I'm Old Gregg :p
    Have a good one. One of the more curious moments from last year was seeing so many Celtic jerseys down at the psytrance stage it looked like someone was about to take a corner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Zascar wrote: »
    Schedule will not be released until a few days before. Villalobos is playing on the Saturday from what I hear - apparently he's playing in a big open space by the lake, and they want everyone at it so there will not be too much else going on at the same time. So many other big acts to play, I doubt it will only be local talent on Friday.

Sound lad, the promoter/admin on their own forum had this to say:
    Friday:
    Gate Opens 10:00h
    Main Arena opens 17:00
    Headliner for Big Top: Ben Sims + Surgeon = Frequency7

so a 3 day ticket it is so:D

does it go on till 2am on the friday, does anyone know from previous years?

Edit: 20:00 according to sims myspace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Really getting excited for next weekend now! The weather is looking like its gona be good. I would love it if LTJ is playing down by the lake during the day time, around 7ish the sun starts to go down. that would be beautiful.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

If anyone hears any more detail on a schedule please let us know

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Weather is not looking great :( looks like rain on Friday or Saturday

So who here is actually going?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

I'm out anyway; literally no money. I was going to volunteer for me ticket down there but I wouldn't even have the cash to get up and back and feed myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Weather is not looking great :( looks like rain on Friday or Saturday

So who here is actually going?
    A bit showery but it'll be pretty warm by the looks of it. I'll be there with bells on anyway.
    jimi_t2 wrote: »
    I'm out anyway; literally no money. I was going to volunteer for me ticket down there but I wouldn't even have the cash to get up and back and feed myself!
    My mate was working there yesterday and today for a free ticket. He says the setup looks amazing, loads of forests and whatnot for magical wanders. The lake stage is going to be unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

im new to this and probably just stupid but couldnt seem to find out how to start a new thread but anyways here goes!....anybody selling tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

technodub wrote: »
    im new to this and probably just stupid but couldnt seem to find out how to start a new thread but anyways here goes!....anybody selling tickets?

There's still tickets for sale - I got a Sat/Sun one last night

https://www.eventelephant.com/lifefestivalsatsuntickets

They're selling them in Tickemaster as well - I got mine there this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭karlm37

Just got back from working down there, the place looks amazing! The set up for Villalobos is class down by the lake, and there's loads of mad walkways through the forest! Its also mad Narnia themed because they filmed The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in the grounds apparently! Cannot wait for it to kick off! :D

Sweeeet! What's it like in terms of parking and camping etc? Always pisses me off when you have a 30 minute walk from the car to the venue and then another huge walk from tent to stages etc. How big is it this year, how many tickets available in total? If it rains is it going to be a mudbath, do we need wellies etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

karlm37 wrote: »
    Just got back from working down there, the place looks amazing! The set up for Villalobos is class down by the lake, and there's loads of mad walkways through the forest! Its also mad Narnia themed because they filmed The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in the grounds apparently! Cannot wait for it to kick off! :D

They def didnt film that there!!!!

Ltj Bukem is playing at 8pm on the sunday according to his myspace page.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

Pace2008 wrote: »
    They're selling them in Tickemaster as well - I got mine there this morning.

Did you get a full ticket or a sat/sun ticket? Im lookin for a sat/sun ticket and it ain't comin up on there website. really don'y want to chance getting them at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Weather should be nice and warm, and hopefully there will be less security crawling around the place than last year. :D

krieture wrote: »
    Did you get a full ticket or a sat/sun ticket? Im lookin for a sat/sun ticket and it ain't comin up on there website. really don'y want to chance getting them at the door.
    I bought a full weekend ticket at the box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭karlm37

Sweeeet! What's it like in terms of parking and camping etc? Always pisses me off when you have a 30 minute walk from the car to the venue and then another huge walk from tent to stages etc. How big is it this year, how many tickets available in total? If it rains is it going to be a mudbath, do we need wellies etc?

5000 tickets apparently, but if they get that amount it'll be some squeeze in the campsite! In terms of walking, the campsite is right beside the main stage and everything else is only a stones throw away. The Neutronyx Stage is set up in a class valley type place surrounded by trees, looks great. Shouldn't be too bad if it rains, its all concrete walkways to get around, but hopefully we wont be worrying about rain! Most areas wont be fenced off, so it's pretty free-roaming! Just walk through some trees by the walkways and you'll find lakeside picnic areas and other such areas which will be great for a few tinnies! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eejit

What are the 1 or 2 must see acts and times they're on? Timetable isn't up yet is it?

Ridiculous that there is not a timetable released yet, I still have no no idea when I am playing...

• Advertisement

Ridiculous that there is not a timetable released yet, I still have no no idea when I am playing...

It is a bit of joke at this stage alright. Good luck to the people who are only getting one day tickets, bit of a pot luck on who they will get to see. I predict the listings will be up at 6pm today. well lets hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

pretty much the main reason why I did not bother this year after playing the last two times. That and the chill area being downgraded even more than last year's farce. By contrast, at the Transylvania Calling fest last year they treated the chill stage as an important part of things and it was amazing to play.

What ive read on forums and myspace pages so far ( To be takin with a pinch of salt, not set in stone and in no particular running order)

Friday
    Ben sims and the Surgeon

Saturday
    Exium
    Dejavoo
    Eat static
    Jap popstars
    Jerome hill
    Ricardo Villalobos (afternoon by the lake)
    Astral Projection
    Infected Mushroom
    Space Tribe

Sunday
    Boris Divider
    Mad Maxx
    Zion Train
    Ltj Bukem
    Chris Liebing

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

29072404807068685833209.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

I'm very excited for this weekend, still haven't got a ticket but it'll be grand (I'm almost certain!)

A lift from Dublin would be greatly appreciated if anybody is heading down in the next while.

Myself and the Laundry DJ's are playing in the Liquid tent from 6pm to 8pm in the Liquid tent - if anyone here is around then please come say hello!
    Colly

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mk7775

I havent got a ticket yet but I was planning on heading up on Saturday and getting one there, should be sound for getting on one the gate?

Hope the weather holds as well, will be a beaut with a bit of sunshine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

You may as well buy it online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭YOP1992

could anyone get me robbie ryans and/or martins myths sets?

• Advertisement

Wow, what a weekend! Definitely the best festival/event/weekend ever for me, I've never had to much fun! The weather was savage and totally made the weekend, tiny bit of rain but it was grand, the rest of the time u could be in shorts most of the time, I got a bit burnt even! I got down early - campsite was great, pretty small though, we were all set up by 2pm and out enjoying the sun with some beers. I literally only slept once from Friday until last night (God Bless Xanex), was just having too much of a laugh to go to bed!

Festival was generally very well organised apart from a few hickups. Was a bit more spread out than last year but still only a 10 min walk from car to campsite and 5 min walk from campsite to main area. The biggest fcukup was that they were supposed to open the main area at 5, they did not end up opening it till 6.30. Big angry crowd waiting for 90 mins. Our slot was from 6-8pm. The poor bastard before us played to a completely empty tent - and he told me he came down just for that set and had to go back to Dublin straight after. They opened them some time after we started our set - I had a small rush of people as they had just been let in - but it was a bit disappointing we did not have more of a crowd. I still had great fun though!

The Big Top Tent and the Liquid Tent were FAR FAR too close together, if you were even slightly outside either one the soundclash from the other tent was totally headwrecking. Absolute rookie mistake. There was loads of quality music over the weekend. I've definitely never enjoyed so much overall diversity in my life. I'm normally a 99% house & techno head but I was absolutely loving all the Regge, D&B, breaks etc - apart from PsyTrance of course as that is purely for people with serious problems with their brain. There was however more than its fair share of sh1t music too. The Big Top seemed to be banging out way too much noisey electro house and fidget etc, bit of hard dance even. Dave DeValera's set was very good but wasn't feeling most other stuff in there really. Apart from the last night obviously - Chris Leibing I thought was great although many others were not that impressed. LTJ Bukem and MC Conrad were unbelievable, totally stole the show. I literally want to start buying some drum & bass after this lol. Our own Exceutive Steve played a blinder of a set with Bonz on the Sat night - that Funktion One in the Liquid tent would rearrange your insides!

I would have liked more dance music down by the lake, savage venue for it. Villalobos was very good but I did not have the energy to dance really so we just chilled down by the water. Did anyone see the glamor model who had a photoshot in her underwear afterwards? Crazy...

For me however though, some of the best fun you can have at a festival is just setting around by the tents in the sun (or at night) - getting fukked up and talking complete bollocks with a load of mates and a randomer or two! My voice was almost completely gone last night from the mad chats we had. We discussed Religion, Polotics, History and god knows what else for hours and hours, love it. The slagging was rife as well, absolutely no holds barred completely ripping on everyone. There was plenty of freaks around who would come by our tents and try to sit down and chat - you had to be pretty dam aggressive and tell them to fukk off otherwise you get stuck with them for hours. Did meet some really sound randomers and we had great craic for hours. There was a brilliant little rave in the carpark on the Monday morning after all the music was over, some lad had decks and a big ass speake on his car and there were about 60 people dancing around. Sun came up then and we just chilled until about 3pm before going home, not like EP wehre they kick u out at 12, a great end to a magical weekend :D

Here are a few video's that sum up the weekend:

Clips of Villalobos by the Lake:

Jugglers

Chris Leibing:

LTJ Bukem & MC Conrad:

Devil Music:

Advertisement