Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2010 - June 4,5,6 - Belvedere House

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sv650

Lucy should be able to explain to you what's so great about it ;)
    She's a great dancer, alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

Shulgin wrote: »
    There is loads of music I don`t like or get, but what is the point bitching about it man? I think it`s great we have such a musically diverse festival in Ireland. Nice size crowd, and half the price of the bigger festies. The overall vibe was really positive and can only be a good thing to bring people closer together.

'peace, love, unity, respect' is the motto of the festival, and it seems to be working! :)
    "Peace, Love, Union, Respect", actually.

The English skills of those involved in Neutronyx are unfortunately not the best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Can someone post up a psy trance tune, wondering what the hell that genre is?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This is the current chart for Psy Trance on Beatport: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/genre/detail/13/psy-trance

In fairness now there is far far more variation in the 10 tunes here than I heard at any stage at Life. To me all the tunes sounded like variations of track 1 and 10

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Can someone post up a psy trance tune, wondering what the hell that genre is?

My God, I love psytrance!

Prometheus - 9th (The Man Who Swam Through A Speaker)

Hallucinogen - LSD

ETNICA - Rings of Saturn

GMS - Goa

Mr Ix vs Squee vs Zefer @ Life Festival 2010 II

Psykovsky - Pump the Spam

Samadhi - Vostok

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Found this on youtube - a clip from the other night

Looks fairly bangin there - any time I passed that stage there were very few people there.

Listening to some tracks there, i've heard far worse. Again, music is subjective. Hourses for courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Zascar wrote: »
    Thanks I was wondering why they were, very impressive, not normally into that but it was really good

Yeah I first sw them at last years life and have been a massive fan ever since. There album is whopper.

If you want psy trance, Hallucinogen's Twisted is the best album going imo.

Found this on youtube - a clip from the other night

Looks fairly bangin there - any time I passed that stage there were very few people there.

Man, that was some cracking night!

I could have stayed there for a week! :D

Huh? It was easily the most crowded stage every night after about 10/11...
    Yeah I first sw them at last years life and have been a massive fan ever since. There album is whopper.

If you want psy trance, Hallucinogen's Twisted is the best album going imo.
    QFT. Fantastic album.

Posford played Life as both Shpongle and Hallucinogen in 2008. While Hallucinogen was a little early at 7pm, he threw out Shamanix. It was awesome :)

• Advertisement

Whats the story there, the bass kicks in and everyone is still swaying like a branch in a light breeze:confused:

Whats the story there, the bass kicks in and everyone is still swaying like a branch in a light breeze:confused:

It was way too muddy to dance properly that year.
    When your feet are bogged down then all you can do is dance in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

At this Life festival, does the music go all night or do the stages have to end at a certain hour?

Iit was quite early, 6/7pm, on the last day, and the weather was miserable. Most people were probably chilling out in drier places.

It was also a mudbath and quite hard to move one's feet, let alone jump up and down. :)

It was way too muddy to dance properly that year.
    When your feet are bogged down then all you can do is dance in your head.
    I recall being fascinated by how much the mud stuck me to the ground. :D

It hindered dancing a bit, but the mud was actually pretty fun that year. I recall lots of people kicking off their shoes and going stomping in it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

My God, I love psytrance!

Hallucinogen - LSD

Thats one cracking track alright....one of my favs:)

+1 fantastic tune. Think that's a remix though.

The LSD documentary that all the samples come from - "LSD - The Beyond Within" is great too.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah that is a remix of LSD alright, the original is without doubt the best version.

Loved a bit of goa trance over the years, never got big into it in terms of vinyl etc but certainly picked up the odd one along the way... worked nicely in heavier acid trance sets too.

The Infinity Project - Hyperspaced

Etnica - Starship 101

Koxbox - Point of no Return

Man With No Name - Teleport

Oh and the original mix of LSD by Hallucinogen - first heard this on the 'Voyage Into Trance' mix by Paul Oakenfold, loved that mix back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Have that trrck on yellow vinyl somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

+1 fantastic tune. Think that's a remix though.

The LSD documentary that all the samples come from - "LSD - The Beyond Within" is great too.

You might like to read this also if your interested......an insight into mesacline & title of the book is where the Doors the band took there name from,

PDF of book

The doors of perception

Wiki link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doors_of_Perception

Sample from book

"From the French window I walked out under a kind of pergola covered in part by a climbing rose tree, in part by laths, one inch wide with half an inch of space between them. The sun was shining & the laths made a zebra like pattern on the ground & across the seat & back of the garden chair, which was standing at this end of the pergola. That chair- shall I ever forget it? Where the shadows fell on the canvas upholstery, stripes of a deep but glowing indigo alternated with stripes of incandescence so intensely bright that it was hard to believe that they could be made of anything but blue fire. For what seemed an immensely long time I gazed without even knowing, even without wishing to know, what it was that confronted me. At any other time I would have seen a chair with alternate light & shade. Today the percept had swallowed up the concept. I was so completely absorbed in looking, so thunderstruck by what I actually saw, that I could not be aware of anything else. Garden furniture, laths, sunlight, shadow – these were no more than names and notions, mere verbalizations, for utilitarian or scientific purposes, after the event. The event was this succession of azure furnace doors separated by gulfs of unfathomable gentian. It was inexpressively wonderful, wonderful to the point, almost, of being terrifying. And suddenly I had an inkling of what it must feel like to be mad."

Yup, read that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

For those of you who like dub, you should check out his in dub album:

For those of you who like dub, you should check out his in dub album:

Yeah, Remixed by OTT. Class! OTT's own 2 albums are decent too if you like your music chilled and psychedelic. Psybient....

Also actually on the lighter side with Simon Posfords 'Younger Brother' alias, some stunning tracks... as per one of the comments on this first track on youtube, you can really hear Pink Floyd influence in his tracks on this brilliant album.

Younger Brother - All I Want

This is also unreal, could be lifted from one of The Cures albums in the 80s.

Psychic Gibbon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

ianuss wrote: »
    I saw Alex Niggemann was on the line-up. Just wondering if anyone saw him what was he like?

He came on after we played, lovely chap - think his heart sank when he realised he was going to be playing deep melodic 130bpm stuff after Bonz and myself had been lashing out DnB for the past 90 minutes! Tent cleared initially but he worked it like a pro and got a decent sized crowd back eventually!

Yeah, Psy-trance... It's the electronic music world's version of Scientology really... More power to you if it's what you're into, not my thing at all. Highlight Tribe were brilliant though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭over9000dvd

I lost my Toyota car keys at life.. does anyone know if there is a lost and found dept or anything where i can enquire? did anyone find any toyota car keys?? plz help! im at my wits end.. i could lose my job also!

From their facebook..

Life Festival Lost something at the festival? Contact our office via email to "lostandfound@life-festival.com"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Stu

I find it funny that ravers going to an underground dance festival like Life slag off certain genres of dance music. Its a ****ing dance festival you clowns with many genres of dance music for all tastes.

Psytrance is amazing music in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of techno but some of my mates love techno and fair play to them and i appreciate all genres of dance music because each one brings its own unique flavour and strong following to the dance scene. We all like dance music in some shape or form but its childish slagging off Psytrance because its not your thing.

I can just picture some of the clowns posting on this thread walking past a psytrance tent and turning their nose at everyone having a good dance and enjoying themselves and then 5 minutes later, standing by the techno tent with a smug look on their face as if they know something that nobody else knows. :rolleyes:

For those of you who are not into psytrance, fair enough, but don't slag the genre off. Its disrespectful to Neutronyx and everyone else whos hard work has got Life festival the respect it deserves. Rant over :D.

Some Beautiful Music for the Soul for all you Psytrance fans out there. :)

Blue Planet Corporation - Lubianka

Man With No Name - Lunar Cycle

• Advertisement
Advertisement