Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value homephone & broadband package

• 17-02-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,
    Help - I use my homephone to phone one mobile number daily mon-fri during peak times and the internet i browse most evenings for a couple of hours. What would you recommend as my cheapest options?

Ann

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

ammg wrote: »
    Hi,
    Help - I use my homephone to phone one mobile number daily mon-fri during peak times and the internet i browse most evenings for a couple of hours. What would you recommend as my cheapest options?

Ann

The all important question here is;

What is available to you? What options are on offer? Can you get;

DSL (phone line internet), Resellers and LLU providers may be in your area (BT,Manget, Smart)
    Cable (Mainly UPC)
    Fibre (Mainly Magnet)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

OP for anyone to know what might be available to you we'd need to know your approx location as availability of different providers changes ALOT depending on where you live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

Headford, Co. Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Simi

ammg wrote: »
    Galway County

You'll have to be a wee bit more specific than that. Depending on how rural you are, you're probably looking at DSL or a Wireless provider, unless upc have your area cabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

Does callcost.ie help? It's good at giving u best price for your usage but not sure if it takes account of what's available in your area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Which mobile network do you phone? If it's Vodafone - then the best option for you is Vodafone landline. They are the cheapest outside Dublin anyway - and give you free calls to any 3 vodafone numbers.

Unfortunately not - I'm with Tesco

So - you only use your landline to call one Tesco mobile phone and go on the internet - do you not make any other calls at all?

very seldom

Vodafone at Home is looking like the cheapest option at €40 a month (1Mb and all off peak landline calls).
    If the person you call on the Tesco Mobile is a family member - it would be worth trying to get them to switch to Vodafone - that way you could also call them for FREE from your landline.

• Advertisement
Advertisement