Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Webtext

Options
  • 17-02-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you can send a message using webtext to a short code?

I want send messages in a vote, multiple times, to a shortcode that charges standard rates. When I sent useing webtext it looks like it has gone and 1 text is deducted from the available total. When I use my handset I get a confirmation that the vote has been received but I do not get this with the webtext.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No it wont send to shortcodes, but you can send them to the number that is registered behind the shortcode.

If you vote for example, and you get a text to your phone, saying thanks for voting, then it will probably have the proper number displayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭paul.irl

Hi All,

I've done a search so apologies if this has already been raised. But I recently ported my number back to Vodafone prepaid and noticed I get "only" 300 webtexts. It's more than enough for me but was just wondering when it was reducted from 600......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Its 600 for me. Maybe you get more when on bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement