Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless connection problem.

• 17-02-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

I just got broadband into the house and was sent a Zyxel router by eircom. I have it connected to my own pc and have tried to connect another pc to it wirelessly. The wired pc is working fine but the wireless pc aint. It seemed to work fine but then just dropped out for no reason and wouldnt connect without a restart. Wouldnt connect this morning at all even though its showing the signal strenght as 70% strong, just wont connect, any ideas whats wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

I just got broadband into the house and was sent a Zyxel router by eircom. I have it connected to my own pc and have tried to connect another pc to it wirelessly. The wired pc is working fine but the wireless pc aint. It seemed to work fine but then just dropped out for no reason and wouldnt connect without a restart. Wouldnt connect this morning at all even though its showing the signal strenght as 70% strong, just wont connect, any ideas whats wrong?

yes, if u read the numberous threads here about that modem you will realise what is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

I have read them and as far as I can tell it seems to be the wired pc's that are having trouble, not wireless connections??

wired and wireless. there is definately differences between the wired and wireless connections though. Im not sure in your case but everything thing i had connected ok with basic settings except my android phone had some trouble connecting and usually wont connect automatically. Maybe this is similar to ur problem?
    Eircom have said they are working on a firmware update to solve two unofficial issues with the modem. no idea when this will be out though.no idea what the two issues are.
    some people are saying that the stock firmware works fine. Did u give that a try?

I just spoke to eircom and the 1st thing he asked was do we have cordless phones, that they can interfer with the wireless connection and should be kept as far away as possible, I have one on the pc desk! they said if I ring back later when im at the pc they will manually change the freq and that might help?? I havent changed any firmware, just put in the eircom cd and thats it.

the cordless phones was mentioned in another thread here recently....

• Advertisement

sorry i didnt see that, would they have that much of an impact?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Yes they would. Also check that wireless networks close/around you are not on the same channel.

Advertisement