Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoothie Recipes

Options
  • 17-02-2010 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a Smoothie Maker today mainly to try and get more fruit into me as I rarely eat fruit :mad:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4201678/Trail/searchtext%3ESMOOTHIE+MAKER.htm

I was going past Aldi and bought a packet of frozen mixed berries too.

Anybody have any good recipes? preferably without banana as I hate bananas and I can taste them in anything.

Also how healthy are they? and how can you make them healthier? ie. lower fat yoghurt/dont use fruit juices etc

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I use banana and low fat natural yoghurt as a staple in mine. It's a pity you don't like banana as it'sa great thickener. Adding more yoghurt would be helpful to thicken it so.

I then usually add a handful of frozen fruit (at the moment it's raspberries but generally it's whatever I can get) and some juice - either grape or orange, whatever is in the fridge. I sometimes add a little honey.

If you want to reduce the sugar content, I'd suggest using skimmed milk instead of juice.

Smoothies are only as healthy as what you put in them. However because blending breaks down the fibres of the fruit, for optimum health you really would be better off just eating a bowl of fruit and yoghurt, with a small glass of juice. But where's the fun in that? :pac:

Advertisement