Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gorey 3 Day

• 17-02-2010 3:55pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Gorey 3 Day

16/02/2010
    Gorey 3 Day Entries Closed

Hello all,

Entries for the An Post Gorey 3 Day are now closed. The maximum 180 rider limit has now been reached.

Regards,
    Gary McIlroy
    www.irishroadclub.com

Any Boardsie's riding this???

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'd been thinking of doing it until they excluded A4s and I didn't fancy registering as an A3 just for this. It's now on my to do list for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Yeah, just got my entry in last minute..

Filled up very quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Yeah - I got my entry in nice and early.

Do you usually get confirmation from them or what's the story? Just noticed that the cheque I sent hasn't been cashed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

This one always fills up fast. They didn't invite A4's because they quite simply did not need to. Hey there's always RAS Mumhann and Tour of the North for those of you who missed out. They are races for real men ! (and women)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

el tonto wrote: »
    I'd been thinking of doing it until they excluded A4s and I didn't fancy registering as an A3 just for this. It's now on my to do list for next year.

Sorry I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what exactly is required to become an A3 next year? Points in open races? I assume one doesn't get points for just taking part? Is it necessary to have a full A4 licence first (i.e. not just one day licences)?

This 3-day business sounds a bit tough, but it would be nice to have some sort of path mapped out beyond club league.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lumen wrote: »
    Sorry I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what exactly is required to become an A3 next year? Points in open races? I assume one doesn't get points for just taking part? Is it necessary to have a full A4 licence first (i.e. not just one day licences)?

This 3-day business sounds a bit tough, but it would be nice to have some sort of path mapped out beyond club league.

As far as I know it's 10 points in open races. Then you are automatically upgraded. But you can also upgrade yourself if you want.

I don't know what the story is with points and day licences. If I had to guess, I'd say you could claim them if you decided to upgrade to an open licence later on in the year.

I quite like the idea of a stage race myself and was sniffing around Gorey this year but next year is probably more realistic. It's definitely my top cycling ambition at the moment.

P.S. I was told last year that if you take out a few day licenses to keep the receipts as they will deduct them from the cost of a full license should you upgrade later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Is there a confirmed Cycling Ireland calendar which outlines which races the new categories can ride?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Is there a confirmed Cycling Ireland calendar which outlines which races the new categories can ride?

From another thread:
    It's been out for ages. It's on this page. It's labelled as Master Calendar Draft7.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Lumen wrote: »
    From another thread:

So is the 'master draft' calender is now confirmed to be the final copy then? Or is this the most up-to-date?

No, I think it's simply the most up to date one. I'd also be careful about its listing of categories as it has Gorey for example as open to A4s. In fairness, who can enter a race is really down to the race promoters. How accurate the calendar is probably depends on how much info clubs send on to them.

• Advertisement

No, I think it's simply the most up to date one. I'd also be careful about its listing of categories as it has Gorey for example as open to A4s. In fairness, who can enter a race is really down to the race promoters. How accurate the calendar is probably depends on how much info clubs send on to them.

The way the calendar looks now it's hard to see where there are separate races.

This makes it hard for an A2, A3 or A4 to peak for any race where they may want to win it as they might have to compete with the cat above them. It seems to be left to the organisers discretion on the day!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭rash

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    This one always fills up fast. They didn't invite A4's because they quite simply did not need to. Hey there's always RAS Mumhann and Tour of the North for those of you who missed out. They are races for real men ! (and women)

Entry form for Ras Mumhan is up on their website http://www.rasmumhan.com/?page_id=136

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Start list released:
    http://www.irishcycling.com/publish/news/art_4616.shtml

No going back now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

I know I know, its a bit late to be asking now but believe me there are reasons! If anyone has a spare Gorey 3 Day entry up on offer or knows of anyone that has one I would genuinely really appreciate it if you could let me know! Thanks in advance :D

I put it as a WANTED item in the adverts section too!

How much would you be willing to pay for a spot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

I dunno to be honest!!! I didn't really mean it like that but you never know! How much was the entry anyway, €50 was it? Are you not doing it for certain or just not really sure at this stage? Thanks in advance! I really appreciate your help. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Entry was €50. AFAIK you need the organiser's permission to do a transfer; to be honest I think anything over covering the original entry fee would be bad form and severely frowned upon.

Advertisement