Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography help please!

Options
  • 17-02-2010 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi for the mocks our teacher has said we've only one topic done for the 80 mark question. We've everything else covered which is fantastic, but I'm not really sure how to answer this question. I can't find any info on it in threads atm, mostly because the vast majority of people seem to be doing biomes? Which i dont know what they are! See we're doing Debt Relief. Our teacher said our mock question was
    Debt and Debt relief discuss (or something like that!)

I mean how do I answer this? how long is it. How many points? What do I say. I have the rest of the course studied really well, but my grade will be terrible if i screw this up! :( Please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Cathal93

I mean any help at all would be great like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 hardcorev1bes

Okay,the 80 mark question should be answered in the form of an essay.You should have 3 or 4 topics of discussion in your essay (aspects).
    20/80 of those marks are for overall coherence so make sure you are ordered and clear in your answers.
    If you choose to write on 3 aspects you must:
    -name your aspect
    -write 8 SRP's on each aspect
    -6 or 7 marks are going for overall coherence on each aspect
    If you choose to write on 4 aspects:
    -name your aspect
    -write 6 SRPs on each aspect
    -4 marks go for overall coherence on each aspect

OC marks go for how relevant your answer is to the question asked so read the question carefully ,stay on point ,don't waffle and structure your answer
    Use headings for each aspect and plan your answer before you write.

It should end up about 2 and half - 3pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Cathal93

But I dont know what to write on? If I wrote out everything on debt in my book it would be 10 pages...I'm so confused :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Cathal93 wrote: »
    But I dont know what to write on? If I wrote out everything on debt in my book it would be 10 pages...I'm so confused :(

Which is why you have to pick out 4 large broad points, and use each in a separate paragraph.In each paragraph you expand on the particular point with 7/8 SRPs and an example or two.

I studied biomes so I can't give you examples of what might go in each paragraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I'm like Jay P aswell I studied Geo-ecology.

I think you have to look at human activity and culture because that is another option you can do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement