Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get money from a cheque?

Options
  • 17-02-2010 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I've received a Bank of Ireland cheque from the Trinity College Dublin (pension refund). The problem is that I'm outside of Ireland now. The local banks say that it will take them up to 2 months to get the money for me (no, it's not Africa ;) ).
    Is there any way to get the money remotly? I have a current account in AIB. And I also have friends in Ireland, I can send them this cheque if it helps.

I have no experience with cheques. Help me, please!

Thanks!
    AD
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

If your current account with AIB is in Ireland you can send it here and have someone lodge it for you into your account. will only take 3 working days to get the money into your AIB current account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 adda

Thank you for your quick answer!

Ok, to make this 100% clear: I can send the cheque to my friend and she can go to an AIB branch and lodge it into my AIB Ireland account? So anyone can lodge a cheque with my name on into my bank account?

AD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

adda wrote: »
    Ok, to make this 100% clear: I can send the cheque to my friend and she can go to an AIB branch and lodge it into my AIB Ireland account? So anyone can lodge a cheque with my name on into my bank account?

AD

yes

someone lodging money in your account is fine

Advertisement