Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build an old spec machine

Options
  • 17-02-2010 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

My next task is to build an old spec machine that will run a dual boot of Win 2K and Win 95.

Where is the best place to source old but NEW components?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

kleefarr wrote: »
    My next task is to build an old spec machine that will run a dual boot of Win 2K and Win 95.

Where is the best place to source old but NEW components?

1998 in Silicone Valley I guess. Good luck with the time machine. Let me know how yours gets on, I got mine working but it only seems to go forward in time and very very slowly at that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Good luck with the time machine. Let me know how yours gets on, I got mine working but it only seems to go forward in time and very very slowly at that.

Mine had the same problem! :(

I'm loath to say it, but the only place I can think of that sells obsolete gear first-hand for less than a billionty Euro apiece is eBay. Yep, I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Yep, going to be an interesting hunt. :rolleyes:

What are the MAX system specs that Win 95 could handle?
    his would narrow it down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

kleefarr wrote: »
    Yep, going to be an interesting hunt. :rolleyes:

What are the MAX system specs that Win 95 could handle?
    his would narrow it down a bit.

http://www.huguesjohnson.com/win2k/win95vpc.html

tbh. Much better idea.

Works out cheaper too, a decent win7 quad core will run both OS's simultaneously without a bother.

Advertisement