Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers Berry

Options
  • 17-02-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Word on the street is that this is being launched early next month. Anyone had a free sample yet??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

seen it on sale in 500ml can's in dunnes stores, bandon road roundabout (cork) during the week.

They had slabs of it stacked high.

I'm not a big fan of cider, especially bulmers, so i walked on

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

was it on offer or anything??

i didn't even look at the price.. There was no big sign or advertising for it.

I was in a different dunnes today in cork, and they didn't have it at all.

As i said.. I'm not a bulmer's fan, so i wasn't looking too hard.
    But i don't think there was any special offer on it in bandon rd.

Its €2.25, four cans for €7 in dunnes. Dunnes is the only place to get it before it's full release in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Saw it in the pub the last night, there was an empty bottle on the table. Had a smell and it smelled disgusting!

Can't be any worse than the pear one though

• Advertisement

i just hope it doesn't have the same same side effects as the pear.

I might try a can tomorrow..
    Just out of curiosity..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Is it like the Kopparberg mixed fruit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Bulmer's can't even do apple cider right, their flagship product. This is going to be no different. Over priced fizzy ditch water, avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

How would Bulmer's Perry be significantly different to Bulmer's Pear ?
    :confused:

Or are hey dropping Bulmer's Pear?

Must go google...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

By not existing :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

By not causing you to have an urgent need to ****?

:confused:

Or are hey dropping Bulmer's Pear?

Must go google...
    It's Berry..
    Not perry

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bulmers make ritz
    8. What is the difference between Bulmers Pear & Ritz?
    Bulmers Pear is a light, fruity pear cider and Ritz is a crisp, wine style dry Perry. Both are made from pears but, as with wines, are developed differently to produce a certain character.
    http://www.bulmers.ie/about-us/pear-faqs.asp

http://www.thepublican.com/story.asp?storycode=65759
    Bulmers Berry undergoing taste-tests ahead of a launch next spring

A new fruit flavoured variety of Magners named Bulmers Berry is currently being trialled in the on-trade in Ireland, ahead of a wider release across the UK in spring.

The new flavour, which is in the testing and research stage of development, has been made available to a number of bars in Dublin.

C&C, owners of Magners, would not comment on the trial but a rival in the flavoured cider market told The Publican the product had been seen in a number of bars in the Dublin area.

“The new flavour is being taste-tested in Ireland as we speak, and we expect them to launch it early next year,” they said.

Rumours of a new fruit flavoured variant from the Irish cider brand have been rife, but so far Magners have been coy in announcing the details.

Magners drinker’s had been polled earlier in the year via the brand’s Facebook page as to what flavour they would like to see with suggestions including raspberry, cranberry and watermelon.

Speaking to The Publican last month, John Dunsmore, chief executive of C&C, confirmed there would be a “new brand proposition” for Magners in 2010, but would not go into specifics.

Magners was widely criticised when its pear variant was beaten to market by many of its competitors, with Magners Pear finally being launched in March last year.

The new drink is believed to be a blend of different berry fruits, although the exact flavour profile is as yet unconfirmed.

It is not yet known what the name of the product in the UK will be, as C&C do not own the trade mark for Bulmers outside of the Republic of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

I have tried it, I was heavily involved in the market research of this product. Based on weeks and weeks of tastings they finally are releasing the finished product based on 100's of peoples imput in MR. I think it is very tasty. I would have to agree I hate the pear cider but the Berry one is delicious and refreshing. I would urge you to try it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

hope your boss is reading!!!!

Give that girl a raise!!!

Hahahahaha! No I don't work for Bulmers or anything like that, basically a MR company picked me off the street kinda thing and the product was Bulmers. Too funny!!

pa990 wrote: »
    It's Berry..
    Not perry

Doh:o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This post has been deleted.
    I doubt you will get it, from my previous post
    A new fruit flavoured variety of Magners named Bulmers Berry is currently being trialled in the on-trade in Ireland
    "on trade" is pubs.
    MR company picked me off the street kinda thing and the product was Bulmers.
    I often wonder what is said at meeting in the likes of bulmers & budweiser, "will we get in a team of sommeliers for our new product" -"christ no, the bills for cleaning up the puke would be huge"

it might be for the on trade.. but dunnes @ bandon rd, cork had cans of this stuff

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    I doubt you will get it, from my previous post
    "on trade" is pubs.

Most dunnes stores should have it. It was allocated to most stores last monday morning. Dunnes are the only off licences that have it at the moment. It should be available everywhere else next week or the week after.

I think Nialler24 deffo works for Bulmers :)

I think Nialler24 deffo works for Bulmers :)

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I think it's in most of the pubs by now, I've seen it in every one I've been in lately. Still haven't seen it Dunnes though and if I'm trying it I'd much rather buy a €2 can of it than a €5 bottle.

Aren't bulmers quick off the mark??
    Koppaberg Pear became a pretty big hit in Ireland in around 2000.
    The strong Berry one became popular within a year of that.

It only took Bulmers about 9 years to come up with something similar.:rolleyes:

Slow and unoriginal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 caz20

Tasted it last nite in the pub tasted bit like cranberry juice

They didn't think there was a market there for anything but their apple cider. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

the_syco wrote: »
    By not causing you to have an urgent need to ****?

Not a fan of the pear myself. But they have changed the receipe of the pear. Instead of using 100% pear concentrate (that caused...ahem effects after bout four bottles) they have changed it to 75% concentrate pear that is used in the production of this beverage.

The new Berry cider seemingly has been in the works for quite a number of months and word has it its.......disgusting.

Should have just stuck to the origanal cider. Although i guess after all the money they invested in upgrading the factory new vats, expansion, automated proccessing in places they have to try and claw as much money as possiable back.

IMAO this will flop. anyone remember bulmers mid strength cider?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

IMAO this will flop. anyone remember bulmers mid strength cider?

Ah yes, mid strength cider, for the drivers who just have to drink Bulmers product on a night out. It tasted alomst identical to Cidona, but 2% alc. Pointless. The market showed them!!

• Advertisement

The Berry Cider is lovely! Really tasty :)

Advertisement