Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Poll'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

NOt really much could be done, and only cctv on ground floors. Anywho has only spurred him and all the people in support of him, onb further!

Surely since you have a time frame can they not go through and see who shouldn't have been in the apartment block at that time???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I can't believe that some people would stoop so low as to break into someones apartment and vandalise like that! It's appalling! (That's the nana coming out in me!) I hope you are all ok though and aren't too shaken up by it. Keep in touch with the residents office and make sure they know! Were any of the doors damaged and did they steal anything?
    I hope that all this cattyness ends. I know I had originally posted that everyone was being nice but now when I think of it, it's getting quite catty. Some people are basing their campaign purely on slagging other people off. How do they expect to get votes for a role on the students union when all they have done is proven to everyone that they are rude, lazy and bullies! Rant over!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

declan06 wrote: »
    On the free bar ex,
    It costs 300 euro for a licence and 300 euro for staff,
    If we had a free bar ex with 3 euro drinks and a theme like 70s, and an exec DJ, we would make money from the bar or at least break even.

On the carbon neutral union, it's something to aim for, and if we could let a geography student do a project on it then we could make an impact.

In general, there isn't a lot in the remit:

The other two things I want to do are promote special events funding and work with clubs and socs officers to make a sponsorship handbook for clubs and socs.
    For more info go to www.declanmeenagh.com
    Sorry for the rambling nature of this post, but I'm sleep deprived. :D

I wasn't going to bother arguing your points but feck it, it's friday night and I got sent home from work cause it's dead and I'm far too tired to go out. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but are we(NUIMSU) not limited in the number of bar ex's we can hold due to licensing reasons. i.e. we're allowed 1 every 2-3 month? Even if not, this is hardly a ground breaking idea, there's no way the SU haven't thought about having a monthly bar ex. If they could be making money off more bar ex's, they would be.

Despite what you say in your manifesto, making the SU carbon neutral will cost money, not save. How do you plan on paying for it?

Your two main manifesto points are unachievable.

I quite like your plans for clubs and socs though and your pledge to help improve the website.

Ps: I don't mean to sound bitchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

irish_goat wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but are we(NUIMSU) not limited in the number of bar ex's we can hold due to licensing reasons. i.e. we're allowed 1 every 2-3 month? Even if not, this is hardly a ground breaking idea, there's no way the SU haven't thought about having a monthly bar ex. If they could be making money off more bar ex's, they would be.

Nope, they have 15 per year, and they aren't using all the ones they can. I agree that this is a risk, but at the moment the SU is throwing money at events that students don't want, so why not give this a try. If we keep at it it could take off and work.
    Despite what you say in your manifesto, making the SU carbon neutral will cost money, not save. How do you plan on paying for it?

I might have made a mistake here, my understanding is that steps can be made to reduce your carbon footprint which save money, but I am doing research this weekend, if anyone has links I'd appreciate it.
    Ps: I don't mean to sound bitchy.
    Not at all, I think every candidate needs feedback like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Should I be pleased with the VP/Welfare result?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

NOt really much could be done, and only cctv on ground floors. Anywho has only spurred him and all the people in support of him, onb further!
    ah jasus lorna thats messed up... we'll only come back stronger, campaign plans about to go big time for village's favourite redhead

PAT FOR ENTS ALL THE WAY!!!

*apologies for any spelling errors, hate typing on netbooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TheeItcha

Aengus for President.
    James for Welfare. (Mary Quinn No.2 cos shes cute as a button :pac:)
    Banquo for Comms.
    Declan for Finance.
    Cat for Ents

YES TO USI

Ron for everyting else.

Please vote Louise Feaheny for Ents :):):)

As a long-standing member of boards.ie :)

May 09 :rolleyes:

TheeItcha wrote: »

So what if she's only on since then? Read her manifesto...it really is brilliant!!
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=307772817622&topic=14023
    It's one of the strongest manifesto's of the campaign!

How does everyone feel about the VP Comms and Devs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

TheeItcha wrote: »

Ah now. More than a lot of candidates in fairness. As in, she didn't sign up just for the election.

• Advertisement

kellief wrote: »
    So what if she's only on since then? Read her manifesto...it really is brilliant!!
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=307772817622&topic=14023
    It's one of the strongest manifesto's of the campaign!

How does everyone feel about the VP Comms and Devs?
    one of the strongest manifestos possibly....but not one of the strongest candidates

as for VP Comms and Dev, our Rob is by far the man for the job

banquo wrote: »
    Ah now. More than a lot of candidates in fairness. As in, she didn't sign up just for the election.
    She's been a member for ages...she's not just using this to plug her campaign!
    jpcarlow wrote:
    one of the strongest manifestos possibly....but not one of the strongest candidates

Also, I really do think she's one of the strongest candidates! She can bring so much more to the SU, and I think her goals are really quite achievable!

I do think Rob's the best candidate for VP Comms and Devs...best man for the job!!:)

thats what banquo is saying to you kellie...he's not arguing with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Nope, that's you! :pac:

Also, I really do think she's one of the strongest candidates! She can bring so much more to the SU, and I think her goals are really quite achievable!

You're her campaign manager, so clearly, you are going to say that. ;)

Rob is clearly getting VP Comms this year though. More members on his campaign page than any other candidate I've seen. Come on Rob!

Dunno, David Tuohy is a visible, popular guy.:eek: VP Communications and Developemt will be a close one, that's for sure.

I'm one blood pressure level away from going down to Capel Street and strangling the tshirt printing people. Should be here tonight or tomorrow morning. Could ye leave it any later, lads? No rush or anything:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Me wantee!

You've been so patient Funky, you can have two. And a sewing needle ;)

jpcarlow wrote:
    thats what banquo is saying to you kellie...he's not arguing with you
    I know, I was agreeing with him!
    Nope, that's you!
    You're her campaign manager, so clearly, you are going to say that.
    Rob is clearly getting VP Comms this year though. More members on his campaign page than any other candidate I've seen. Come on Rob!
    I know it may come across like that, but I hadn't really heard of boards.ie and then I saw Lou on it one day and decided that it looked good so I joined! Of course I think she's going to win, that's why I asked to be the campaign manager. i think the ideas are really good and wanted to help her win!
    I honestly want Rob to win...seems the best and most honest out of most of the campaigners for other roles! Some people are getting quite bitchy about the whole thing! keep it clean people!:):)

Thanks, kelief! :)

Welfare is getting pretty bitchy behind the scene. Go James!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I know it may come across like that, but I hadn't really heard of boards.ie and then I saw Lou on it one day and decided that it looked good so I joined! Of course I think she's going to win, that's why I asked to be the campaign manager. i think the ideas are really good and wanted to help her win!
    I honestly want Rob to win...seems the best and most honest out of most of the campaigners for other roles! Some people are getting quite bitchy about the whole thing! keep it clean people!:):)

Not being bitchy, just thought it was a bit odd the way you were getting annoyed about people saying Lou joined to pimp her campaign, when that's exactly what you did.

I don't really give a crap, I'm just saying, as other posters have said, I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of the new members *mysteriously* disappeared after the elections are over.

• Advertisement

Not being bitchy, just thought it was a bit odd the way you were getting annoyed about people saying Lou joined to pimp her campaign, when that's exactly what you did.

I don't really give a crap, I'm just saying, as other posters have said, I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of the new members *mysteriously* disappeared after the elections are over.
    I suppose yeah...but that's not the only reason I joined, but that's how it looks, so sorry! I won't be *mysteriously* disappearing, I like it here! :p
    banquo...you are very welcome!

Me wantee!
    me wantee too!!!!

Two more and my FB group gets to 400 members, and nearly all of them are from Maynooth. This, along with randomly seeing my posters in people's windows, and people comng up to me in Brady's and Mantra and O'Neills and The Roost is really encouraging. This is amazing. We might actually get a real, quality newspaper and website next year. Go team Maynooth!:D

*crosses fingers*

Two more and my FB group gets to 400 members, and nearly all of them are from Maynooth. This, along with randomly seeing my posters in people's windows, and people comng up to me in Brady's and Mantra and O'Neills and The Roost is really encouraging. This is amazing. We might actually get a real, quality newspaper and website next year. Go team Maynooth!:D

*crosses fingers*
    just invited any maynooth people i've added recently to boost the numbers

p.s check the recruitment ranking for Google Apps for maynooth rob;)

*crosses fingers*

That's brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

jpcarlow wrote: »

As I said, I want to bring the SU back to you, so any ideas, suggestions or criticism you might have about the manifesto, or what you think I should be doing would be really appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Hey guys,

I got 8 campaign t-shirts here, and I need people to wear them. If anyone's wants to donate their body to my campaign for the next 2/3 days or whenever they can, PM me ;)

USI T-Shirts tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I need a t-shirt which says

'Aengus for Prez, James for Welfare, Rob for Dev+Comms, YES to USI'

If one could be provided I would greatly appreciate it.

• Advertisement

I need a t-shirt which says

'Aengus for Prez, James for Welfare, Rob for Dev+Comms, YES to USI'

If one could be provided I would greatly appreciate it.
    Why not be creative and make one yourself? Plain t-shirt, t-shirt printing paper in tesco for a few euro! Bingo!
    :)

Advertisement