Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My turtle and her nails

Options
  • 17-02-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

hi, my turtle leo is beginning to get really long nails, i know its normal for a male but leo is a female (about 18 months old ). She also goes under the water and starts doing this thing to a small treasure ornament i have in there. She stretchs out her front 2 claws and starts to flick it really fast. Its proper weird and strange and was wondering has anyone any info on this and how to cut her nails.Thxs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Squirt does the same

Are you sure Leo is a female? Squirt is definately a male (stuck his hemepenes out once)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

ive been told that leo is a female confirmed by a pic there on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

You might get more luck in explaining Leo's behaviour over on www.reptileforums.co.uk or www.reptile-community.com

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

tonydude wrote: »
    ive been told that leo is a female confirmed by a pic there on boards.ie.

Hehe if Leo was sexed too young she could indeed be a he. Mistakes are easily made in sexing young turts :D

(any recent pics ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

its a male, don't cut his nails.

• Advertisement
Advertisement