Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor surf

• 17-02-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Am thinking of moving from O2 to Meteor for the Surf Plan (55e per month for 500 mins, 500 texts and 1GB data).

Getting married this summer and I'll have to be doing allot more calling and organising. I'll be bankrupted on o2!

I would prefer a lite/sim free plan (have a jailbroken unlocked iPhone) but they don't seem to offer that plan as sim only.

But the choice of phones at Meteor is pretty lame.

Anyone have any idea if they're getting any new Android phones soon?

Also - have meteor sorted out the coverage issues?

Thanks
    Quad
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hero is good, but if you want the next step up you might need to wait. I was on surf for a few months, but found I didn't get close to using the minutes or texts. Now on 200 texts and minutes with 10gb for 40 blips...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

E72 and N97 Mini should be in stores this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mmmm.

Is there any possibility that Meteor would allow the Surf bundle as a 'lite' sim-only option? I called them there and they said I'd have to talk to someone in a store.

Do you think they'd go for it?

I'd prefer to just keep using my iPhone.

The Meteor Surf plan is attractive but I don't really want to sign up for a 12month contract and get a phone that I don't really want and will just end up selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

quad_red wrote: »
    Mmmm.

Is there any possibility that Meteor would allow the Surf bundle as a 'lite' sim-only option? I called them there and they said I'd have to talk to someone in a store.

Do you think they'd go for it?

I'd prefer to just keep using my iPhone.

The Meteor Surf plan is attractive but I don't really want to sign up for a 12month contract and get a phone that I don't really want and will just end up selling.

The stores won't be able to put you on a 'Lite' version of Surf. You could always go for Meteor Bill Pay Lite 30, and get a data add on. Not getting as many minutes though but you do get free Meteor to Meteor on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

chrislad wrote: »
    The stores won't be able to put you on a 'Lite' version of Surf. You could always go for Meteor Bill Pay Lite 30, and get a data add on. Not getting as many minutes though but you do get free Meteor to Meteor on that.

Crapper :/

Thanks anyway Chris.

70% of people I'd call are on O2. The other 30% would be Vodafone/landlines. I actually don't know anyone on Meteor anymore! So the free meteor text/calls is totally irrelevant.

Guess I'm just going to have to suck it up with O2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

quad_red wrote: »
    Crapper :/

Thanks anyway Chris.

70% of people I'd call are on O2. The other 30% would be Vodafone/landlines. I actually don't know anyone on Meteor anymore! So the free meteor text/calls is totally irrelevant.

Guess I'm just going to have to suck it up with O2.
    Surely it would make more sense then to go onto a 30-day O2 Clear Unlimited plan with a data add-on? €24.90 gets you all your calls and texts to O2 mobiles, and your calls to ROI landlines. The only thing you'll be charged for are calls to non-O2 mobiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ddub

chrislad wrote: »

Actually this can be done. You need to signup to Bill pay lite,then ring them and ask them to switch you over to surf from your next billing date with the same notice period. I've successfully done this with no probs (except your first month will by on bp lite!)

Advertisement