Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano Accordian doing my head in

Options
  • 17-02-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I love trying to play this instrument but the left hand is giving me grief.

I've been playing piano for 6 years at about grade 4.

Is it a pure case of perseverance and put the hours in, do I separate the left hand or simply just keep bashing away.

Problem is that practising becomes a chore and I usually end up playing right hand only

Any one got any tips

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Megane

Hey, Yeah i used to play piano accordion when I was younger but have since stopped playing it as it began to "do my head in" too... I think what you will find is most people/musicians find that the left hand on the accordion can sometimes be overbearing/too loud & alot of musicians dislike the piano accordion for this reason!

If you can play the right hand pretty well, I wouldn't be too worried about the left hand. If you familiarize yourself with some of the main bass notes on the left, it can be nice to add them in a certain periods throughout a tune to support the right hand (kinda like a drone), rather than the constant 1-2, 1-2, 1-2 beat on the base throughpout the entire tune! Many very competent piano accordion players omit the left hand almost entirely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thanks Megane usually play for own pleasure so feel that not using left hand would almost be half playing it if you know what I mean.

Advertisement