Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

This includes 130+ Channels including ESPN HD, 15mb Broadband, Home Phone and unlimited Freetime calls to local, National & 400 minutes to 21 International countries each month, for just €70 per month versus €536 with SKY/Eircom.

Think the figures here are a bit out:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i strongly advise against anyone taking up this offer or moving to UPC. Their TV service is the worse service i haven't had the misfortunate of using. I had digital max plus and their system is sooo bad. Anytime you wanted to change a channel or move there would always be at least a 20-30 sec delay. The record function can only record 1 thing at time and if there is a clash it just decides itself or even sometimes doesn't record either. When you try and play something that you have taped it you get a black screen for the first 30 seconds to a 1 min and then a bit of sound and then eventually the picture will actually show. The system is just incredible slow. Frequently pressing the buttons for the guide and the dvr or the ok button don't even work or there is just such a lag in there function that it seems they don't work. We switched over hopeing to save money but or now switching back after only 3 months as the service was so bad and painfully slow to use. i don't even think it is actually that cheaper either. Stay well away from them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Hey,

Just wondering how long the voucher takes to post out? Is it the start of each month or just any time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi strongbluebell

To avail of UPC digital TV you will need a set top box at your tv for remote control access.

You will need a UPC screw in box on the wall for self install, if you dont have that we can install for you.

Order via boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and we can have you connected in a few days, my guys will call you and will discuss all dates available for you.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason, I'm already an analogue upc customer and thinking of upgrading to the digital tv, phone and broadband service. I saw mentioned in a thread somewhere that we need to have a upc box to self install.
    I recently had the house rewired and my electician said all our tv wiring is now in the attic. We just plug into a socket on the wall for the tv.
    Will that cause problems with the changeover?
    Also how long does it take from ordering to having the service. I'm on southside of dublin
    Thanks

Hi Rick91t

Your voucher should be with you 30 days after you get installed. Enjoy :)

Regards

Jason
    Ricky91t wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering how long the voucher takes to post out? Is it the start of each month or just any time?

Hi Im_No_Superman

Thanks. Enjoy your products and your voucher. It should be with you within 30 days.

Regards

Jason
    Got my BB and TV installed today, very happy so far. Hopefully my voucher is in the post now! :)

Hi okidoki987

Here is where our comparison comes from, which is as close to a like for like comparison, when you add Sky & Eircom together against our Fibre Sport Bundle..

Compared to eircom up to 24Mb broadband + talktime chatter and Sky’s 1 mix pack with HD.

UPC Fibre Sport €70
    SKY/EIRCOM PRICING €114.73
    YEARLY SAVINGS €536.76

Hope that clarifies that for you.

Regards

Jason
    okidoki987 wrote: »
    Think the figures here are a bit out:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Hi still waiting to hear from UPC?

i filled out application and am waiting on e-mail??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Jason, I signed up today. Tried to call back your representative, Lisa afterwards but couldn't get her. I need to add on an extra room to the order. I'll PM you my details.
    Thanks

Hi strongbluebell

Yes, you tried calling at 630pm, they finish at 6pm

They should give you a bell tomorrow, will sort for you then.

Regards

Jason
    Jason, I signed up today. Tried to call back your representative, Lisa afterwards but couldn't get her. I need to add on an extra room to the order. I'll PM you my details.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi batteries not included

Yes, they need to talk to you personally to confirm all details, and they try call 5 times a day for 5 days before cancelling each ticket. (an email is not confirmation) Please call my guys tomorrow on 1890 940635 and they will look after you.

Regards

Jason
    Hi still waiting to hear from UPC?

i filled out application and am waiting on e-mail??

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi strongbluebell

Yes, you tried calling at 630pm, they finish at 6pm

They should give you a bell tomorrow, will sort for you then.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,
    I rang well before 6 yesterday. No call today either.
    Hoping for a call Monday morning.

Thanks

Hi strongblueebell

Please call my team direct on 1890 940635, as we may have your number wrong, I can tell you that we made over 90 attempts to call people today, but witout your number etc, not sure if you were one of them. My guys work tomorrow 12 to 6pm, please call them then and they will look after you.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,
    I rang well before 6 yesterday. No call today either.
    Hoping for a call Monday morning.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

for just €70 per month versus €536 with SKY/Eircom.
    UPC Fibre Sport €70
    SKY/EIRCOM PRICING €114.73
    YEARLY SAVINGS €536.76

That makes more sense now.
    Obviously the first comparison was missing the important words YEARLY SAVINGS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Hi Jason,I've just moved into my new apartment which is in an area covered completely by you for all services. Apologies for the simplicity of the question but I'm a bit confused by your site. Basically I'm looking for a package which will include all the sports channels and possibly internet too. I've no real interest in getting a landline. What package would you recommend Jason? Also what is the usual time-scale for installation?Thanks for your help.

Hi fkiely

First thing, call my team on 1890 940635, they will check that your apartment can actually get all UPC services, they can also talk you through the options from a product and price perspective. Say you are calling via boards, and if you order and get installed you will get a voucher for €50 and free activation of your services.

It is difficult to reccomend a product without knowing your requirements.

If you order Digital Select Extra from us, you will get 120+ Channels including Setanta Ireland Sports and ESPN Sports, for €32 per month. (Plenty of Premiership on there)

If you also want Sky Sports, you can also subscribe to that for an additional €33 per month.

If you order today, you can installed and working in 3 - 4 days time. You can install your self or we can send somebody out to do it for you. Totally up to you. Enjoy whatever you decide to do.

Regards

Jason
    fkiely wrote: »
    Hi Jason,I've just moved into my new apartment which is in an area covered completely by you for all services. Apologies for the simplicity of the question but I'm a bit confused by your site. Basically I'm looking for a package which will include all the sports channels and possibly internet too. I've no real interest in getting a landline. What package would you recommend Jason? Also what is the usual time-scale for installation?Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Super stuff Jason, thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Hi Jason,
    I currently have my broadband and calls with Voda, but would be very interested to switch both over to UPC however the phone service is unavailable in my area (Sallynoggin/Glenageary)at present. If I did switch the BB element over, could I use the BT Voyager as a wireless router with this service? I have digital+ from UPC at the moment using the Black Thomson Media box, so presumably the switchover would be straightforward on self-install?
    Thanks

Hi Tarquin1970

Not 100% sure on the BT router, however I seriously doubt you could use it as that is a DSL router not a cable modem.

If you order 15 or 30mb from us we will give you a free Cisco wireless router anyway.

The self install process is extremely straightforward, detailed step through instructions in the box and no need to take a day off work etc.

Best bit, if you order via this boards offer, you will also get a €50 voucher for your trouble. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer (my guys will be able to check if you are self install capable, box on the wall etc)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,
    I currently have my broadband and calls with Voda, but would be very interested to switch both over to UPC however the phone service is unavailable in my area (Sallynoggin/Glenageary)at present. If I did switch the BB element over, could I use the BT Voyager as a wireless router with this service? I have digital+ from UPC at the moment using the Black Thomson Media box, so presumably the switchover would be straightforward on self-install?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Hi Jason,
    I have sky+ at present and was considering switching. I have a basic package from Sky and added in just the music channels, kids channels and I think entertainment. If I switch to UPC will I be able to obtain the same channels (in particular living and hallmark)? I have no interest in the equivalent of sky movies or sports.
    I've also got Eircom for phone & broadband (cost about 60 euro per month as includes national calls free)

Could you outline what the appropriate package from UPC would be? Also, should this be available or will UPC need to check?

Is the 50 euro off still valid?

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ray giraffe

Hi Jason,

I got UPC broadband installed 5 weeks ago after quoting this offer and still haven't received my voucher.

Can you help? You can PM me.

Thanks,
    Ray

Hi Ray

With no account number etc, I have no way of checking. Please call my support team on 1890 940635 and they will chase up your voucher with the retailer to ensure they have posted it to you. Sorry for the delay.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

I got UPC broadband installed 5 weeks ago after quoting this offer and still haven't received my voucher.

Thanks,
    Ray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Quick rave about UPC: no matter what time of the day I've done the speed test, it's always been 14-15Mbps (on a 15Mbps line), with great ping times. Add UPC's refusal to bend over for the music labels like Eircom did...I'm a happy customer.

Hi dubdub123

Firstly we need to check to see what UPC products are available in your apartment (to ensure it has been cabled for UPC etc)

Secondly Hallmark is now called Universal, however all the programming is the same.

Both Universal and Living are both available on UPC.

I would suggest (if available) you subscribe to our Fibre Ultimate Package.

It costs €85 per month, but for that you will get:
    Digital Max HD+ TV with ESPN HD , DISNEY HD, Setanta Sports Ireland and approx 140 channels.
    30mb Broadband
    Home phone, including unlimited local & National freetime calls & 400 Minutes each month to 21 International destinations.

Call us on 1890940635, we can tell you if these are available at your new home, or just place an order via boards on www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and if available, we will load for you, waive activation charges and give you a €50 voucher

Regards

Jason
    dubdub123 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    I have sky+ at present and was considering switching. I have a basic package from Sky and added in just the music channels, kids channels and I think entertainment. If I switch to UPC will I be able to obtain the same channels (in particular living and hallmark)? I have no interest in the equivalent of sky movies or sports.
    I've also got Eircom for phone & broadband (cost about 60 euro per month as includes national calls free)

Could you outline what the appropriate package from UPC would be? Also, should this be available or will UPC need to check?

Is the 50 euro off still valid?

Regards

Hi ray giraffe

Did you order via the boards link? www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Just calling our normal telesales and quoting boards will not qualify for this offer.

Please advise so I can chase up for you.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Thanks,
    Ray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ray giraffe

Hi Jason,

Yes I used that form to order. I got an e-mail on Sept 16th with this information:

<SNIP> - dont post personal info for your own sake, send to jason via PM thanks

Ray

Got it, we will call you in the morning to chase up for you.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Yes I used that form to order. I got an e-mail on Sept 16th with this information:

<SNIP> - dont post personal info for your own sake, send to jason via PM thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Thanks Jason, should have realised that dsl router won't work on cable!! Just one other question, any idea if or when HD and telephone services will be available in the Upper Glenageary Road area of Sallynoggin? Thanks

Hi Tarquin1970

Just checked. We can provide service on Upper Glenageary Road already, in certain schemes and estates.

Regards

Jason
    Thanks Jason, should have realised that dsl router won't work on cable!! Just one other question, any idea if or when HD and telephone services will be available in the Upper Glenageary Road area of Sallynoggin? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

Hi Jason I have been up and running over 30 days and haven't received my voucher as of yet. Can you chase up for me please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Same here, waiting on a CPW voucher.

Hi Butternutz1 & baza2010

Can you give my team a call on 1890940635 or email retailsales@upc.ie and they will chase it up with the retailer for an ETA for you?

Thanks a million

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason I have been up and running over 30 days and haven't received my voucher as of yet. Can you chase up for me please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

How long does it usually take from ordering to getting it installed? Also, does the link for the boards offer include the deals you having going like the Fibre Ultimate one? http://www.upc.ie/deals/new_customers/fibreultimate/

thanks.

Hi Johnk

If you order today, you can be connected in 3 to 4 working days. (or possibly sooner depending on scheduling and whether you want us to install or if you self install)

Yes, all triple play packages can be ordered via this boards link, just pick TV, Broadband and phone, and when my team call you, they will talk you through all bundles. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason
    JohnK wrote: »
    How long does it usually take from ordering to getting it installed? Also, does the link for the boards offer include the deals you having going like the Fibre Ultimate one? http://www.upc.ie/deals/new_customers/fibreultimate/

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks Jason, all going well I should be placing an order tonight or tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭stcatherine

Signed up for this week before last, called them on the thursday, they came sorted it all for me on the Saturday ( I wanted multiroom and got both installed free ).

My Voucher arrived this morning !!

Very impressed all round !

cheers !

I got my second bill in the post last Thursday, but no voucher.

What should I do now?

I've PM'd you my A/C number.

Hi Ricky91t

Got you PM, chasing up with that retailer now to get an ETA for you.

Regards

Jason
    I got my second bill in the post last Thursday, but no voucher.

What should I do now?

I've PM'd you my A/C number.

Jason, some help required.
    I signed up for UPC tv, phone and broadband through the boards offer. Three problems have arisen:

1. The box we had installed last Friday week is not a HD box . I specifically remember discussing this when ordering and being told I was getting a HD box. I rang on Saturday and was told I had not ordered HD and it would cost €60 to activate it. Someone was to contact me from sales but so far this has not happened.

2. Broadband was not installed. The man who installed the tv said he couldn't do the broadband then because there was a fault on the line. He said someone would be in touch to arrange another date. No word so far. On Saturday I was transferred to another dept to discuss this, again promised a call back with in 48 hours but nothing yet.

3. Received a bill on which I was charged a €30 activation fee which I thought was covered by the boards offer.

As I have not been able to resolve these issues can you please help.
    Thanks, I'll pm you my contact details

Hi Strongbluebell

Sorry about that, sounds like a connection issue, (They will not install a HD box if the signal cannot support it.)

I will get somebody to call you straight away to see where the technicians are regarding your order.

Regarding the activation fees. Yes, this boards offer means you are not charged. You will see the normal activation fee, however, we then credit you that same amount so they balance out, don't worry, you will not have to pay that.

Hope it works out for you

Regards

JAson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 lou84

Hi Jason,

i have just ordered Broadband and phone and have now just seen this offer. Can you put this onto my account or will I cancel and Re order.

Hi Lou

Please call my team on 1890 940635 and they will see if your recent order can be cancelled (as you have not yet been installed). It could mean a slight delay for installation to allow the original order cancel in our system

Regards

Jason
    lou84 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

i have just ordered Broadband and phone and have now just seen this offer. Can you put this onto my account or will I cancel and Re order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

hi jason was just wondering im think of getting upc 15mb broadband and phone .I rang the sale department today and they said 57 euro for 15mb and anytime phone that unlimited talk time isnt it and about the activation fees would that be free since im a new customer to upc and if not so how much would my frist bill be thanks rob

Hi Rob808

Order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and there will be no activation fees. You will also get a voucher worth €50 to spend.

If you do not have UPC TV the cost for your broadband and phone will be:

15mb Broadband €32
    Phone Anytime World €18
    Standalone Fee €7.75
    Total €57.75

Regards

Jason

rob808 wrote: »
    hi jason was just wondering im think of getting upc 15mb broadband and phone .I rang the sale department today and they said 57 euro for 15mb and anytime phone that unlimited talk time isnt it and about the activation fees would that be free since im a new customer to upc and if not so how much would my frist bill be thanks rob

Hi Boardies

Quick note to say that as we are so happy with the response on this offer,
    and now that we have nearly hit our target of 250 orders, we have decided to let this run until the end of the year.

So if you are ordering a new UPC product, or know anybody that is thinking of doing so, then why not order via boards on www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Not only will you get your activation fee's waived, but you will also get a €50 gift voucher, which could make a nice Christmas present.

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

Hi Jason. I'm so glad the offer is extending!
    I'm currently with eircom and would lik eto swtich to UPC. Now i just want to know. I've heard people have problems with their lines that evern though they ordered say 15mb bb but their line could only do 3mb. How will i know will my line be ok? (im currently on 8mb NGB) sorry if its a dumb question

Hi bluefirefly

No worries.

We have the fasted broadband in Ireland and are the fastest growing network. This is being driven by speed, people come to UPC for fast fibre powered broadband.

If you order 15mb, you will likely get 15mb when you plug in with cable, you will generally loose some speed going wireless, however, as our entry broadband is faster than what you are on now, and for a lot less money (8mb costs only 25 euro a month when you have our tv service), I suggest you order 15mb (32 euro with tv) which comes with a wireless router free of charge and should be way faster than your current product. Or you could order 30mb (42 euro with tv), which is still less expensive than what you currently pay.

Either way, you are likely to have a much faster broadband experience with UPC.

Best bit is, order via boards and you also get the free activation and the 50 euro voucher..... www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

I hope I have helped

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason. I'm so glad the offer is extending!
    I'm currently with eircom and would lik eto swtich to UPC. Now i just want to know. I've heard people have problems with their lines that evern though they ordered say 15mb bb but their line could only do 3mb. How will i know will my line be ok? (im currently on 8mb NGB) sorry if its a dumb question

Jason it's been 10 days since I PM'd you my account and posted here.

I've neither received a voucher or a PM/Call to confirm what's happening with my voucher...

Any update on this? :)

Hi Rick91t

My colleague Mark will call you shortly. Mark has arrangied for the original voucher to be cancelled and one made available for you to use directly instore.

Enjoy spending it!!!

Regards

Jason
    Jason it's been 10 days since I PM'd you my account and posted here.

I've neither received a voucher or a PM/Call to confirm what's happening with my voucher...

Any update on this? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 madmum3

Hi, A question for Jason. We signed up to UPC in July. Door salesman told us that we would have exact same channels as we have on Sky, except we dont (Diva, Watch, Discovery Turbo not available, also a number of the kids channels). We got 2 months SKy sports. When we went outside the 2 months, we were charged to cancel it, we had been told we could cancel it at any time. Broadband is quick however my son cannot access Xbox live. Your support guys can't help us and have referred us to a computer technical support company which is a premium rate service. We did try Microsoft but they have said the problem is the router (your router) and now we have to pay some exhorbitant fee to fix this. NOT inspiring me and we will be going back to sky and probably an alternate broadband provider at the end of our contract. I cannot understand why technical help is only available at premium rates, can you elaborate? I can't find an email address on your website to email directly, you can fill in some sort of online form, but I am wary that this may go into some "black hole" where all knowledge of receiving it will be denied!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement