Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi Madmum3

This is not a support forum it is a reward forum for boards users, and I do not work in the support team, however, I would like to try answer your query as best as I can.

The field sales guys provide point of sale material listing the channels available and the majority of main stream UK & Irish channels available on Sky are also available on UPC, however, the pack you sign up to determines what channels you get.

Fair to also say that UPC also include many premium channels that SKY charge additional monthly costs for, (Setanta Ireland, ESPN Sports, Disney etc), and UPC even have some channels that SKY do not carry (Setanta HD for example).

Regarding your broadband, UPC do not charge anything for our technical support, nor do we charge you a call out fee, or a fee to replace your router, EVER, so you have been advised incorrectly. All calls to our 1908 number are free of charge.

We do however, provide an award winning Premium technical support service, where we have established that there is nothing wrong with your broadband or router (we can test this remotely by sending a signal to you home and looking at the results). This service is there for people who have an issue with a non UPC device, (Computer, games machine, etc, and we offer this for people who cannot assist themselves, this is a completely optional service and is extremely popular with our customers. I believe we are the only service provider to offer this second level of support for our customer base)

If you PM me you account details, I would be very happy to pass your details to a customer service manager, who will call you to discuss, however, on reading your note it certainly appears this is not a UPC issue, more like a software or firmware issue elsewhere.

If you would prefer a direct link and use twitter you can get us on @weareupc

I hope this gets resolved for you

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

u get get a 50e voucher and **** customer service!!! i was ringing for 2hrs one day before i could get a response. then the rep was an ignorant person who would not even help me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 madmum3

Thanks for your reply Jason. I appreciate this is not a support forum, however I think it's appropriate to highlight some of the things that I was not told about when I signed up. I will PM you my account details. We were by the way also told by Microsoft they they frequently get calls from your customers who cannot be helped, so perhaps there is a training issue to be aware of.

madmum3

I will feed back your comments to the customer service management team, and also the field sales manager.

Thanks

Regards

Jason
    madmum3 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Jason. I appreciate this is not a support forum, however I think it's appropriate to highlight some of the things that I was not told about when I signed up. I will PM you my account details. We were by the way also told by Microsoft they they frequently get calls from your customers who cannot be helped, so perhaps there is a training issue to be aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Rick91t

My colleague Mark will call you shortly. Mark has arrangied for the original voucher to be cancelled and one made available for you to use directly instore.

Enjoy spending it!!!

Regards

Jason

Thanks Jason.

Call received and should be sorted soon! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Is this offer still live?

TJM

Yes it is indeed.

Just order via www.upc.ie/boardsoffer to get fee activation and a €50 voucher for any newly installed product line. (New TV, New Broadband or new Phone connection, upgrades do not qualify)

Regards

Jason
    TJM wrote: »
    Is this offer still live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Hi Jason,

I got UPC broadband and TV installed just over a month ago via the boards offer and still no sign of my Woodies voucher. Any chance you could look into this for me?

Cheers.

Hi

Really sorry about that. Woodies are normally on the ball regarding delivering in time. If you email retailsales@upc.ie they will chase up with them first thing tomorrow morning for you (As I don't have your account number etc)

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

I got UPC broadband and TV installed just over a month ago via the boards offer and still no sign of my Woodies voucher. Any chance you could look into this for me?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Jason, I got a €50 woodies/atlantic homecare voucher a few months back but it turns out they won't accept it at atlantic homecare (the card is marked woodies, no mention of atlantic). It's been sitting unused in my wallet for a few months now, is there anyway I can cancel it and get an atlantic homecare one instead?

• Advertisement

Hi messinkiapina

Thats strange as Woodies and Atlantic are the same company now. Please call my team tomorrow on 1890 940635 with all your details and they will contact Woodies direct for you to see about a voucher swap

Thanks

Jason
    Jason, I got a €50 woodies/atlantic homecare voucher a few months back but it turns out they won't accept it at atlantic homecare (the card is marked woodies, no mention of atlantic). It's been sitting unused in my wallet for a few months now, is there anyway I can cancel it and get an atlantic homecare one instead?

Hi messinkiapina

Thats strange as Woodies and Atlantic are the same company now. Please call my team tomorrow on 1890 940635 with all your details and they will contact Woodies direct for you to see about a voucher swap

Thanks

Jason

I thought they were one and the same too, but my card only mentions woodies and not atlantic, also it would not scan in their machines. I'll give that number a shout tommorrow, thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They are owned by the same company all right.
    Maybe they just operate as different companies and vouchers specific to one of the companies don't transfer?

messinkiapina

I understand Woodies will be posting you out a new voucher and this is in hand. Please PM me once sorted to let me know you are happy.

Regards

Jason

To order UPC products, get free activation, and a €50 voucher to spend, just click here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

messinkiapina

I understand Woodies will be posting you out a new voucher and this is in hand. Please PM me once sorted to let me know you are happy.

Thanks Jason. Has this already been sent or do I need to contact your department or woodies with my details?

Hi, I just sent you a PM with the details on how it will progress.

Regards

Jason
    Thanks Jason. Has this already been sent or do I need to contact your department or woodies with my details?

All

Just to advise all watchers of this thread that UPC have now launched our incredible 100Mb Fibre Power Broadband in the Greater Dublin area (Soon launching in other areas also)

This can be ordered via this boards offer also.

If you are not a current UPC Broadband customer and you order via this boards offer and get installed you will get a €50 voucher www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

If you are a current UPC Broadband customer, you can also order via this link to get a €20 reduction in the installation charge.
    www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Details & terms on the 100mb product here: http://www.upc.ie/broadband/hundred/

Please note there is an €80 installation fee for 100mb broadband
    (This is €100 if you call in and order)

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

its a pitty the upload isn't in a ratio of 10:1...
    God I'd love a trial of this :)

Jason, Mark rung me on the second and since then I've heard nothing that's almost 9 days ago now, I kind of expected to have this voucher by the end of November at the latest.

And now getting it by Christmas is questionable.

I'm getting fed up of false promises im getting from workers in UPC, I'm pretty sure mark said he'd ring me back later that day( on the 2nd ) and nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Hi jason,

I dealt with you about 6 weeks ago, when i got a new phone from UPC and you advised that I would get a voucher from Woodies for 50euro.

No sign yet?

Hi Ricky91t

We have a 5 contact attempts for 5 days rule and then we close a ticket if the there has been no contact. Please call us now on lo call 1890 940635 (until 6pm today,Need your account numbers etc) and we will chase up your issue straight away. (We rely on the retailers to post out the vouchers within 30 days installed)
    Regards

Jason
    Ricky91t wrote: »
    Jason, Mark rung me on the second and since then I've heard nothing that's almost 9 days ago now, I kind of expected to have this voucher by the end of November at the latest.

And now getting it by Christmas is questionable.

I'm getting fed up of false promises im getting from workers in UPC, I'm pretty sure mark said he'd ring me back later that day( on the 2nd ) and nothing!

Hi fittle

Please call us on 1890940635, we are there until 6pm today, and we can call the retailer you ordered your voucher from, I know there have been serious delays in post over the last 2 weeks in certain areas, due to the ice, but we can get a date it was posted to you etc. (The voucher should be delivered 30 days after you got installed, not after you ordered, so you should have it soon)

Thanks

Regards

Jason
    Fittle wrote: »
    Hi jason,

I dealt with you about 6 weeks ago, when i got a new phone from UPC and you advised that I would get a voucher from Woodies for 50euro.

No sign yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

hi jason, i am looking to get a a second upc box installed, every thing is ready, the cable the connectors scart, but upc are demanding 50 euro just to plug it in, any chance of a reduction, as to me this seems redicilous.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭warmblood

HI JASON i STILL DID NOT RECEIVE MY 50 EURO DID VOUCHER SIGNED UP VIA BOARDS OFFER 5 MONTHS AGO CAN YOU HELP
    TJM

Yes it is indeed.

Just order via www.upc.ie/boardsoffer to get fee activation and a €50 voucher for any newly installed product line. (New TV, New Broadband or new Phone connection, upgrades do not qualify)

Regards

Jason

warmblood

Sorry about that, Why wait 5 months to chase up? Please call 1890940635 or email retailsales@upc.ie and my team can have a look for you

Thanks

Jason
    warmblood wrote: »
    HI JASON i STILL DID NOT RECEIVE MY 50 EURO DID VOUCHER SIGNED UP VIA BOARDS OFFER 5 MONTHS AGO CAN YOU HELP

Hi Flutered

UPC only charge €50 if cabling is required to another room (We will not connect a box to a DIY cable, it needs to be a fixed connection point to ensure perfect picture quality).

If the other room has a proper fixed TV point then all you will be charged is a €30 activation fee for the new box, however, if you order that via this boards offer the activation charge will be waived.

That is your best bet, just re order here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and my guys will call you to take your order. (Or you can just call them on 1890940635 now until 6pm)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    flutered wrote: »
    hi jason, i am looking to get a a second upc box installed, every thing is ready, the cable the connectors scart, but upc are demanding 50 euro just to plug it in, any chance of a reduction, as to me this seems redicilous.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

Hi Jason , I contacted a member of your team about two weeks ago about the voucher I have not yet received, I was told that my details were not on the list for this offer . I spoke to someone on the number you gave me and he was very helpfull and said that he would organise the voucher to be sent asap . I still havent received the voucher. I am getting quite frustrated by this , I would like to get this resolved within the next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

esel wrote: »

Jason, can you confirm 30mb is staying the same price?
    Speed upgrades are free, right?

• Advertisement

Butternutz1

Did you order via this link? www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

We do not post the vouchers, the retailers post them directly. There has been a huge issue over the last 2 weeks with An Post, with delays due to the big freeze. All I can do is ask you to contact my team again on retailsales@upc.ie or 1890 940635 and they can get a date from the retailer when they posted it. Hopefully it wont be much longer for you, apologies for the delay.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason , I contacted a member of your team about two weeks ago about the voucher I have not yet received, I was told that my details were not on the list for this offer . I spoke to someone on the number you gave me and he was very helpfull and said that he would organise the voucher to be sent asap . I still havent received the voucher. I am getting quite frustrated by this , I would like to get this resolved within the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭warmblood

Hi Jason
    Just did not get around to it but thought i did not have to chase around to get it if it is forwarded soon i will be pleased

Hi Jason yes I did order via the link, so you can imagine how frustrated I was to be told that there was no record of my details. I still have all the details from the order. A member of your team said they would arrange to have the voucher sent to me and advised up to 5 days for delivery. However due to the weather I waited a further week for delivery, I have been receiving post to my house as of Monday of this week.

Can I ask Jason that you take ownership of this issue or at least give me a name of someone that will maybe your manager ?

I am seriously wondering if all the hassle I have had with ntl/UPC since joining is actually worth it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Still haven't received my voucher yet. Will I PM you my account number to get it sorted?

Jason.
    Why haven't NTL advised customers about the price increases that are coming next month?
    If it wasn't for boards, I've have never known about it.
    Sounds a bit underhand reading the posts on the other forums.

All

It is obvious from the above posts that some people are experiencing a delay in the voucher being posted out over the last 2 weeks due to the ice & snow. Unfortunately, that is very regrettable (and no doubt frustrating for you)

What we can do is chase up with the retailer to get a date it was posted out to you, and we are happy to chase this up on your behalf. (If they have gone missing we can get them to cancel the original and post another one for example)

If you have experienced a delay (the voucher should be with you 30 days after you get installed) then please email retailsales@upc.ie or you can locall 1890 940635 and will happilly chase up for you straight away.

Once again, apologies if you are one of the few that have been affected. I understand the postal system is starting to get back to normal now so you should be sorted very soon.

Regards

Jason Campbell
    Retail Sales Manager - UPC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭82dgolf

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Jason.
    Why haven't NTL advised customers about the price increases that are coming next month?

Good Question?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Jason.

That's a great question, and this would have slipped completely under the radar if it wasn't for boards. I was planning to switch my home phone and broadband over to UPC as soon as the service is available in my area, but I'll wait and see what the cost impact will be as it's unclear from the website.
    Any plans for UPC to have their own "talk to" forum on boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

Hi Jason,

I got Digital TV back in October through this offer and am only just getting the relevant bill now which is showing a charge for the equipment activation of 2 x €30, one on 14/10 for the original activation on the standard box although a Digital+ had been ordered and then another on 18/10 for the activation of the Digital+ box when it was finally delivered. My understanding was that this fee was waived if ordered through the boards offer.

I have PM'd you with the account number and am looking forward to having this rectified.

Regards,

Anthony

Hi Anthony

Yes, this boards offer entitles you to free activation. The standard activation fee's still appear on your bill but are subsequently credited back. I will get my team to call you now to talk through and will confirm that these have been credited for you.

Regards

Jason

Jason
    What about the price increases?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Jason
    What about the price increases?

Apart from this, what do you want to know? All the detail of price changes are there, and I see you're already aware of it.

This thread is also not about price increases, it's about the €50 vouchers, and problems with receiving them.

People can stop reporting Jason's posts now too. We can't force him to answer a question he either can't or won't answer. This is a corporate decision by UPC, and not something a representative can do anything about, and possibly not something he can even comment on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

jor el wrote: »

This thread is also not about price increases, it's about the €50 vouchers, and problems with receiving them.

This thread is about upc getting people to sign up for a deal.

They are about to change the deal now and they are not telling people.

Do you think that is ok ?

Do you think that they should still be allowed to use this forum to continue to sign people up to this deal which is about to change ?

Hi Jason

So I presume that by avoiding my question of you taking ownership, you are not going to take responsibility for your customers issues.

I will call your team and wonder what kind of lies I will be told this time.

Can you confirm that they too have no interest in taking ownership of my issue ??

Thanks jor el

I am not authorised to comment off this topic without approval.

This is as you say a boards offer deal, and the offer still stands.

If I get approval to comment on the price increase on some products I will comment straight away.

Regards

Jason
    jor el wrote: »
    Apart from this, what do you want to know? All the detail of price changes are there, and I see you're already aware of it.

People can stop reporting Jason's posts now too. We can't force him to answer a question he either can't or won't answer. This is a corporate decision by UPC, and not something a representative can do anything about, and possibly not something he can even comment on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

hi jason, i ordered via the boards link, installation was on 1/11/10, yesterday i made contact with upc as regards my voucher, i am now told that i am not entitled to it
    ticket id uuo-61021, mark claims that as i did not order through the proper channells, (which i am positive that i did),then i am not entitled to it, check back on my posts.

Hi Flutered

Just checked that ticket number and it does not exist, so I cannot help you directly. Can I ask you to please call in again on 1890 940635 and we will have another look, please quote you UPC account number, that will assist us in locating your original order etc.

Thanks

Jason
    hi jason, i ordered via the boards link, installation was on 1/11/10, yesterday i made contact with upc as regards my voucher, i am now told that i am not entitled to it
    ticket id uuo-61021, mark claims that as i did not order through the proper channells, (which i am positive that i did),then i am not entitled to it, check back on my posts.

Thanks Jason and the Team,

Got my voucher after quite a wait, But It seems to be more the fault of carphone warehouse than UPC.

Special Thanks to Mark for sorting out the voucher in a few hours :)

Hi there flutered

I have been advised that you actually ordered originally via our telesales department and not via boards. The terms are clear, to qualify for the voucher you must have ordered a new product via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer (upgrades to an existing service do not qualify)

Sorry about that.

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Hi Jason,
    I ordered UPC via the boards offer and I was hooked up on Nov the 4th.

How long is the average wait for DID vouchers ? I was hoping I might have it for Christmas.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Thanks Jason and the Team,

Got my voucher after quite a wait, But It seems to be more the fault of carphone warehouse than UPC.

Special Thanks to Mark for sorting out the voucher in a few hours :)

Ah, really... still no sign of mine, hopefully it will arrive soon. Haven't made any phone calls though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement