Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Jason,
    Can you comment on my voucher question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi mik_da_man

What question are you referring to?

You mentioned that you were never offered a woodies voucher,- that is correct as we stopped offering woodies as an option weeks ago. Were you wondering why it was not an option? Please advise

Thanks

Jason
    If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Want to see our products in use? Come into our new store in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street, Dublin 1 and play with our HD TV and 30mb broadband yourself. Seeing is believing.

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Jason,
    Can you comment on my voucher question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I never got my voucher from this. I signed up way back in June and after 4 months trying to get a voucher sent to me and several cock ups I just gave up and realised I wasnt getting it.

Hi p_larkin99

Must say I am surprised you posted here again after I personally intervened in your issue.

I personally posted your 3rd voucher to you, having cancelled the first 2 that were sent to you that you say you never received. I requested you to contact me directly on my direct contact details if you never received your 3rd voucher, 6 months ago but you never did, at which point we assumed you received it.

Since then, over 150 people have received their voucher with no missing vouchers, many posting positive comments here. Nobody else who was sent a voucher never received it. All vouchers are tracked and traced.

You have my contact details if you have not received your 3rd voucher. Please get in touch with me by PM and I will chase up the retailer for you or contact my team again on retailsales@upc.ie quoting your original order number or account number, we would be happy to do that for you.

Regards

Jason
    If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Want to see our products in use? Come into our new store in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street, Dublin 1 and play with our HD TV and 30mb broadband yourself. Seeing is believing.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I never got my voucher from this. I signed up way back in June and after 4 months trying to get a voucher sent to me and several cock ups I just gave up and realised I wasnt getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi p_larkin99

Must say I am surprised you posted here again after I personally intervened in your issue.

I personally posted your 3rd voucher to you, having cancelled the first 2 that were sent to you that you say you never received. I requested you to contact me directly on my direct contact details if you never received your 3rd voucher, 6 months ago but you never did, at which point we assumed you received it.

Since then, over 150 people have received their voucher with no missing vouchers, many posting positive comments here. Nobody else who was sent a voucher never received it. All vouchers are tracked and traced.

You have my contact details if you have not received your 3rd voucher. Please get in touch with me by PM and I will chase up the retailer for you or contact my team again on retailsales@upc.ie quoting your original order number or account number, we would be happy to do that for you.

Regards

Jason

To be honest mate, and I do appreciate you tried to help me out, its just not worth the hassle that I went through last time (hence me not contacting you again after months of waiting and trying). You guys sent vouchers to an old address so i had to get a friend to check for me and then there was something about a hybrid address where someone at UPC merged 2 addresses together and again nothing received.

I was just posting about my experience is all.

Hi digitaldr

Hope you got sorted. Please PM me if you need further assistance

Regards

Jason

Hi digitaldr

Sorry for the delay, call 1890 940635 now with your account number, and my guys will get this speeded up for you straight away.

Regards

Jason

Hi All

Still a couple of days to enter this competition (nice Sony Ericsson X8 Android smartphone).

Log on via our facebook page or our twitter page www.twitter.com/WeAreUPC

Regards

Jason

Hi

To celebrate the opening of our first UPC store in the Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street Dublin 1, we have a very nice android smartphone to give away this week. See here for more details:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/we-are-upc/upc-joins-forces-with-carphone-warehouse/201530906526727 (enter competition via twitter)

The UPC store has UPC HD TV and 30mb broadband on display and ready to demo in store, come on down and talk to us in there.

Regards

Jason

All

donal Congratulations to him.

This boards offer is still live and running. If you want free activation and a €50 voucher, please order your new UPC products here on boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason

Hi All

Still a couple of days to enter this competition (nice Sony Ericsson X8 Android smartphone).

Log on via our facebook page or our twitter page www.twitter.com/WeAreUPC

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Jason,

I ordered last week but I forgot to ask the rep if you get a wireless modem included or is there an extra charge?

I went for the €70 package for 30megs and TV phone plus HD and multiroom extra if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Hi Jason there was a guy called around to my fathers house today signing people up to UPC but I from the sounds of things I think hes getting a bad deal. Is there any way to cancel that signup and get him to signup through yourself or maybe he could talk to one of your guys to see if he is getting the optimal deal etc?

thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi JohnK

Please get him to call my team tomorrow after 10am on 1890 940635 and they can advise him of the different packs, and if he wants to cancel todays order and order via boards that may be possible if not loaded today.

Regards

Jason
    JohnK wrote: »
    Hi Jason there was a guy called around to my fathers house today signing people up to UPC but I from the sounds of things I think hes getting a bad deal. Is there any way to cancel that signup and get him to signup through yourself or maybe he could talk to one of your guys to see if he is getting the optimal deal etc?

thanks.

Hi Keith

Our 30mb broadband comes with a free wireless modem as standard.

Regards

Jason

Keith186 wrote: »
    Jason,

I ordered last week but I forgot to ask the rep if you get a wireless modem included or is there an extra charge?

I went for the €70 package for 30megs and TV phone plus HD and multiroom extra if that makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Keith186 wrote: »
    Jason,

thanks.

Might be worth your while reading this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056142962

Thanks TheZohan

It is true. People should look at all their options prior to ordering from us, all channels have their benefits, pro's & con's.

Normal activation charge is €20 per box, or €30 if UPC install it for you.

This Boards offer: €50 voucher & free activation fees www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Web Sales: Free activation fees. Easy access to product details and prices at the touch of a button, and immediate order. Web chat agents available to assist you online. www.upc.ie

Telesales: Immediate conversation and discussion through all bundles with a person at a time the customer prefers. Normal activation fee of €20 per box

Field Sales: As telesales except face to face discussion with a sales advisor on their doorstep. (many people prefer this) Normal activation charges applied.

Retail Sales: Immediate conversation and discussion through all bundles with a person & Specific retail offers available in Currys, Carphone Warehouse, PC World & DID Electrical, free netbook or HD TV if you sign up, with normal activation charges applied. www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Regards

Jason

TheZohan wrote: »
    Might be worth your while reading this thread:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Hi Jason,

I ordered over a month ago, is there any way you can check if my voucher is in the process of being sent.

Thanks,

Hi stuartmchugh

Sorry for the delay, with no account number I cannot help. Please call my team on 1890 940635 or email retailsales@upc.ie with the account number, they would be happy to chase up the merchant for an ETA

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

I ordered over a month ago, is there any way you can check if my voucher is in the process of being sent.

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

Hi Jason

i just received my voucher. however it is DID although i requested Atlantic Homecare. Can you change this please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tom_kilkenny

Hello, I'm interested in installation, just filled that form from first post a minute ago - I've planned to do that last year but i waited too long and now things are bit complicated.

Thing is - couple that we share a house with are already a UPC clients, but they terminating contract and moving off this week - I just found out there is disconnection scheduled for tommorow.

Is there any chance that technician could just show up and sign new contract with me (I mean - without leaving me disconnected, scheduling another appointment etc.)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Well Jason give your team a pat on the back, my fathers been singing their praises all day. He found them absolutely brilliant to deal with and he's got his installation scheduled for (I think) Monday :)

• Advertisement

Hi seanie500

Please call 1890 940635 at 10am tomorrow morning and my guys will look after you

Regards

Jason
    seanie500 wrote: »
    Hi Jason

i just received my voucher. however it is DID although i requested Atlantic Homecare. Can you change this please?

Hi tom_kilkenny

It may be possible to intercept it once your order is loaded. Have you spoken to my team yet? If not please call them at 10am tomorrow morning on 1890 940635, they may be able to do a live activation for you.

Regards

Jason

Hello, I'm interested in installation, just filled that form from first post a minute ago - I've planned to do that last year but i waited too long and now things are bit complicated.

Thing is - couple that we share a house with are already a UPC clients, but they terminating contract and moving off this week - I just found out there is disconnection scheduled for tommorow.

Is there any chance that technician could just show up and sign new contract with me (I mean - without leaving me disconnected, scheduling another appointment etc.)?

Hi JohnK

No worries at all, will do. Happy to help

Regards

Jason
    Well Jason give your team a pat on the back, my fathers been singing their praises all day. He found them absolutely brilliant to deal with and he's got his installation scheduled for (I think) Monday :)

Hi JohnK

Hope all went well, if you need any more help, just send me a PM

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Ah nuts why did I not see this thread before we signed up with ye last week.

Anyway Jason might you recommend a wireless router we got your 10mb and home phone package which came with a normal non wireless modem. At most there will be two laptops plus seeing as the UPC connection is beside the TV I'll be connecting my PS3 by Ethernet cable running at anyone time, if that makes any difference in choice of router.

Thanks in advance
    Reg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Anyway Jason might you recommend a wireless router we got your 10mb and home phone package which came with a normal non wireless modem.

Pretty much any Wireless Access Point will sort you out. Here's a search from Amazon. They deliver anything over £25 for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Serbian wrote: »
    Pretty much any Wireless Access Point will sort you out. Here's a search from Amazon. They deliver anything over £25 for free.

Cheers Serbian, was In Harvey Normans airside yesterday afternoon and 'young fella' told me that only UPC can supply wireless routers (they HN's only had Belkins). Called up to PCworld and they said that only Belkins work with UPC connections so left airside even more confused.

So thanks for the link but as you can see I'd hope to get confirmation from the horse's mouth as to what router is suitable for an UPC connection. What really sickens me is we currently have a router from eircom which we have to give back to them.

Hi Reg'stoy

There are many routers available in Ireland in PC World, Currys, DID Electrical etc. Just make sure it is a "Cable Modem" and not DSL or ADSL. UPC is sold in Currys, PC World, Carphone Warehouse & DID Electrical, and is NOT available for sale in Harvey Normans.

You will need to continue to use our modem aswell as the phone plugs into it.

I would suggest you find a make and model you like and call 1908 when you are in store to check with our technical support desk first.

Hope you get sorted out, sorry I cant be more helpful, not sure how helpful it would be to list routers as the choice available in shops is constantly changing.

Regards

Jason

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    So thanks for the link but as you can see I'd hope to get confirmation from the horse's mouth as to what router is suitable for an UPC connection. What really sickens me is we currently have a router from eircom which we have to give back to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Hi Jason,
    We've been connected since January 15th but still haven't received our Woodies voucher. Is there anyone I can contact regarding this?

Hi KazDub

Sorry about that, it must have been lost in the post. Please contact my team on 1890 940635 and they can chase up Woodies and have them cancel the original one and re-issue a new one for you straight away.

Regards

Jason

KazDub wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    We've been connected since January 15th but still haven't received our Woodies voucher. Is there anyone I can contact regarding this?

Hi Reg'stoy

Hope you got sorted out with a new wirelss router in store. What did you buy and are you happy with it?

Regards

Jason

Hi Reg'stoy

There are many routers available in Ireland in PC World, Currys, DID Electrical etc. Just make sure it is a "Cable Modem" and not DSL or ADSL. UPC is sold in Currys, PC World, Carphone Warehouse & DID Electrical, and is NOT available for sale in Harvey Normans.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Can't believe I have had 3 different upc connections in different houses over the last year and not once did I think to get this voucher :(

Hi Tar.Aldarion

It is an offer for new business. If you have moved around a few times you would not qualify for the offer. (unless you added new services, for example broadband and phone to an existing account with TV only.)

Regards

Jason

Can't believe I have had 3 different upc connections in different houses over the last year and not once did I think to get this voucher :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Hi Jason,
    Me&the lady put an order for the broadband over the weekend, to be connected to the house I'll be moving into this week (see my previous threads).
    Today we received the phonecall and were told that due to previous tenants at this address not paying for their service we are now required to provide you with proof of address (!) and scan of the passport. I find this a little bit offensive, as it's not my fault that the previous tenants had problems with you, why I have to pay for their mistakes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    Me&the lady put an order for the broadband over the weekend, to be connected to the house I'll be moving into this week (see my previous threads).
    Today we received the phonecall and were told that due to previous tenants at this address not paying for their service we are now required to provide you with proof of address (!) and scan of the passport. I find this a little bit offensive, as it's not my fault that the previous tenants had problems with you, why I have to pay for their mistakes?

My mam had the same problem with Eircom. The person who lived here before use never paid their last bill. Eircom told us to either pay the bill or show proof that they are no longer the owners of the house. We had to show them the deed of the house or something like that.

The reason they do it is as some people would not pay the bill and then sign up in their boyfriend or girlfriends name instead of having to pay the bill.

Hi fl4pj4ck

This is actually normal business practice. We withold the right to request proof of identity and proof of address of all new customers at an address, we also insist on direct debit payments where a bank account number is needed.

Money is owed at your address. We will not withold our services to you once you prove you are not the person that owes us money. (Some providers will prevent a new connection until a debt is paid. Not UPC.)

Why are you offended that UPC would like you to prove who you are to us, considering we are providing you with hundreds of Euro's worth of equipment?

You are of course entitled to cancel your order under your consumer rights, although I hope you don't do that. If that is your intention, then please contact my team directly and we will do that straight away for you.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,
    Me&the lady put an order for the broadband over the weekend, to be connected to the house I'll be moving into this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

Hi Jason

i signed up recently and have the sky sports and movies free for first 2 months. however the movies only works in the evening time. i have tried calling 1908 every day for the past week yet it says "due to technicial difficulties we cant connect your call". do you know what the story is here? Also i requested an Atlantic homecare voucher which is being issued to me, The guy on the phone said there is a big back log with these vouchers any idea when this will be sent out?

Thanks

Hi seanie500

No backlog with Atlantic, we actually stopped offering them about 6 weeks ago, now it is only DID Electrical and Carphone Warehouse vouchers. Please PM me your original ticket number and I will chase it up for you, and if your ordered at the time they were available we can chase up Atlantic for you to get an ETA..

Regarding the movies, that is very strange, sounds like a faulty box or your settings need changing. Please call 1908 again, we are getting thousands of calls each day, no issue I am aware of, or if you prefer, email my team on retailsales@upc.ie with all your account details and they can get a member of customer support to contact you direct to sort you out.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    seanie500 wrote: »
    Hi Jason

i signed up recently and have the sky sports and movies free for first 2 months. however the movies only works in the evening time. i have tried calling 1908 every day for the past week yet it says "due to technicial difficulties we cant connect your call". do you know what the story is here? Also i requested an Atlantic homecare voucher which is being issued to me, The guy on the phone said there is a big back log with these vouchers any idea when this will be sent out?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

KazDub wrote: »

Jason,

I am in this same situation also except I have called your team on a few occassions over the last 3 mths and I am still waiting. I have been told there is a backlog and they are waiting on vouchers to be printed but it is getting silly at this stage. I have been very patent up to now but it is wearing thin.

Regards Papa_Bear

Hi Papa_Bear

Please PM me and I will chase it up for you.

As stated in a previous post, we have stopped offering Atlantic vouchers now. I will get one for you straight away if it has not been posted by them, I will check with them once you send me your details. (They may have posted, some can get lost, but they can track and cancel them, and repost)

Hope that helps.

Regards

Jason

Papa_Bear wrote: »
    Jason,

I am in this same situation also except I have called your team on a few occassions over the last 3 mths and I am still waiting. I have been told there is a backlog and they are waiting on vouchers to be printed but it is getting silly at this stage. I have been very patent up to now but it is wearing thin.

Regards Papa_Bear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Hi fl4pj4ck

This is actually normal business practice. We withold the right to request proof of identity and proof of address of all new customers at an address, we also insist on direct debit payments where a bank account number is needed.

Money is owed at your address. We will not withold our services to you once you prove you are not the person that owes us money. (Some providers will prevent a new connection until a debt is paid. Not UPC.)

Why are you offended that UPC would like you to prove who you are to us, considering we are providing you with hundreds of Euro's worth of equipment?

You are of course entitled to cancel your order under your consumer rights, although I hope you don't do that. If that is your intention, then please contact my team directly and we will do that straight away for you.
    normal business practice or not, I'm not looking for additional paperwork, phonecalls and try to get a proof of address to the place we haven't moved yet, especially with all the things on my head this week. I'll take my business somewhere else, thanks for your time.

• Advertisement

Hi fl4pj4ck

Sorry to hear that, the best of luck with your housemove

Regards

Jason

normal business practice or not, I'm not looking for additional paperwork, phonecalls and try to get a proof of address to the place we haven't moved yet, especially with all the things on my head this week. I'll take my business somewhere else, thanks for your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Boreddub

UPC must have the worst customer care in the world. I Sept Oct last year I had an incredible battle with them to cancel my contract. I was moving out of my apartment and moving into a new house which already had UPC installed. The new occuopants of my apartment wanted to take over the contract and sign up for 12 months. Despite this UPC insisted on making me pay for the four months contract I had left. It woul dhave been no skin off their nose to help me out especially snce they were getting a new customer to replace me. When I cancelled my contract inwriting they continued to debit my account. When I pointed this out to them they seemed disinterested. I cancelled my direct debit and they threatened to send debt collecters to my home. The debt collection company called me several times demanding money and threatening to take me to court and to ruin my credit rtating. After months of complaining and ruinging UPC my complaint was eventually dealt with. As of last Octiber I have still to recieve a refund of €140 owed to me. Then today I get a bill for €9.39. Despite the fact that they called to my apartment and collected the UPC boxes they have charged me €149.99 for not giving them back. So now thay are refusing to give me back my refund and want another €9.39. I rang them today and was told that they have no record of the boxes being collected. I rang at 12:39 hrs today and spent 21 mins on phone, ten of those trying to get to a person instead of a machine and the remainder being dismissed by a staff member.

UPC are the most frustrating company to deal with. Once your signed up they are not interested. They were quick enough to illegally debit my acount but it seems that they are trying to frustrate me into forgettiong about my money that they owe me. This fromthe people that threatened to send debt collectors to my home for money I didn't even owe them.

I'd take my chances with SKY!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hi Tar.Aldarion

It is an offer for new business. If you have moved around a few times you would not qualify for the offer. (unless you added new services, for example broadband and phone to an existing account with TV only.)

Regards

Jason

The three houses all have ntl now, due to me, under different account names, if that's not new business, I don't know what is :p
    I was just stupid not to get it.

Can I also ask a question, I have been charged a 60e connection fee on this latest connection, I was never charged one before, is that standard? Was it only free before because I said I was a student when getting it?

Hi Boreddub

Sorry if you have an issue with UPC insisting on you seeing out your 12 month contract that you signed up to.

You can of course take your chances with Sky or any other provider, however all our peers also insist on a 12 month contract including sky, with UPC there are very considerable savings available to you by having all services from the one provider, on top of having just one company to deal with, one direct debit payment to worry about etc.

I am sorry it didnt work out for you.

Regards

Jason

Boreddub wrote: »
    UPC must have the worst customer care in the world. I Sept Oct last year I had an incredible battle with them to cancel my contract. I was moving out of my apartment and moving into a new house which already had UPC installed. The new occuopants of my apartment wanted to take over the contract and sign up for 12 months. Despite this UPC insisted on making me pay for the four months contract I had left. It woul dhave been no skin off their nose to help me out especially snce they were getting a new customer to replace me. When I cancelled my contract inwriting they continued to debit my account. When I pointed this out to them they seemed disinterested. I cancelled my direct debit and they threatened to send debt collecters to my home. The debt collection company called me several times demanding money and threatening to take me to court and to ruin my credit rtating. After months of complaining and ruinging UPC my complaint was eventually dealt with. As of last Octiber I have still to recieve a refund of €140 owed to me. Then today I get a bill for €9.39. Despite the fact that they called to my apartment and collected the UPC boxes they have charged me €149.99 for not giving them back. So now thay are refusing to give me back my refund and want another €9.39. I rang them today and was told that they have no record of the boxes being collected. I rang at 12:39 hrs today and spent 21 mins on phone, ten of those trying to get to a person instead of a machine and the remainder being dismissed by a staff member.

UPC are the most frustrating company to deal with. Once your signed up they are not interested. They were quick enough to illegally debit my acount but it seems that they are trying to frustrate me into forgettiong about my money that they owe me. This fromthe people that threatened to send debt collectors to my home for money I didn't even owe them.

I'd take my chances with SKY!!!

Hi Tar.Aldarion

Thanks a million. Maybe you should be in sales for UPC.....

UPC have a €30 activation fee per box, so if you ordered TV and broadband then €60 would be correct. You may have ordered a HD upgrade, and if that is the case, the activation fee is €60.

If you had ordered via the boards offer link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer those charges would have been waived as per the offer.

Maybe you ordered online before? In that case the activation fees are waived, no other channel offers free activation of UPC products. (even on the student product)

Hope that clears it up for you.

Regards

Jason

The three houses all have ntl now, due to me, under different account names, if that's not new business, I don't know what is :p
    I was just stupid not to get it.

Can I also ask a question, I have been charged a 60e connection fee on this latest connection, I was never charged one before, is that standard? Was it only free before because I said I was a student when getting it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Hi fl4pj4ck

Regards

Jason

If he was an existing customer, would that apply?
    Or would you assume he wasn't the previous tenant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Boreddub

Jason,

Perhaps you didn't get to read all of my message. I understand that I signed up for a 12 month contract but felt that it wouldn't be a big deal to UPC to just switch the bill payer. I had to move house due to financial pressure. And UPC being so rigid in their conditions caused me some difficulty. However I accept that UPC are entitled to enforce the contarct.

However you seemed to ignore the illegal withdrawal of money from my account. The threatening to send debt collectors to my home. The threats of court action. The extraordinary delay in refunding me my money. The charge for non return of equptment that I returned. The staff member dismissing me and curremtly refusing to give me a refund.

Perhaps instead of sending sarcastis responses to the part of my message that it suits you to reply to you could address the issues you conveniently ignored.

How much more are UPC going to try to frustrate my attempts to get my refund.

UPC are acting like this because they know that for most private individuals the cost of hiring a solicitor to bring you to court is prohibitive, while a company ou UPC's size the cost of threatening and chasing me through court if the roles were reversed is tiny.

Your company are acting like a schoolyard bully throwing your weight around.

Hi Tar.Aldarion

Thanks a million. Maybe you should be in sales for UPC.....

UPC have a €30 activation fee per box, so if you ordered TV and broadband then €60 would be correct. You may have ordered a HD upgrade, and if that is the case, the activation fee is €60.

If you had ordered via the boards offer link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer those charges would have been waived as per the offer.

Maybe you ordered online before? In that case the activation fees are waived, no other channel offers free activation of UPC products. (even on the student product)

Hope that clears it up for you.

Regards

Jason

That is the most annoying term I've ever heard, I always order it online (this is my 5th ntl connection since 2005), but I needed to ask a question about reconnecting the house I was moving in to, so I called, they answered and then they just asked if I would like to just set it up now on the phone so i did, after I tried to order online already, very annoying. :/

edit: dunno, just seems very sneaky to ask would I like to do it now as it would be handy, say that I will get 20e off for doing a self install, making it sound like your first bill will be 20e cheaper, and then not actually tell you that it is 20e off a 60e fee you were never told about and your first bill be 40e extra. My own fault I suppose..

Boreddub

I am not customer service or billing so cannot comment on that element. I would question the sense in stating UPC illegally took money out of your account in a published forum however.

This is a reward thread for boards users. Clearly you have an issue with the terms & conditions of your contract. If you are due a refund as you say, and one is due, UPC will provide it.

If you would like me to have a supervisor contact you direct I would be happy to assit if you PM me your details.

Regards

Jason

Boreddub wrote: »
    Jason,

Perhaps you didn't get to read all of my message. I understand that I signed up for a 12 month contract but felt that it wouldn't be a big deal to UPC to just switch the bill payer. I had to move house due to financial pressure. And UPC being so rigid in their conditions caused me some difficulty. However I accept that UPC are entitled to enforce the contarct.

However you seemed to ignore the illegal withdrawal of money from my account. The threatening to send debt collectors to my home. The threats of court action. The extraordinary delay in refunding me my money. The charge for non return of equptment that I returned. The staff member dismissing me and curremtly refusing to give me a refund.

Perhaps instead of sending sarcastis responses to the part of my message that it suits you to reply to you could address the issues you conveniently ignored.

How much more are UPC going to try to frustrate my attempts to get my refund.

UPC are acting like this because they know that for most private individuals the cost of hiring a solicitor to bring you to court is prohibitive, while a company ou UPC's size the cost of threatening and chasing me through court if the roles were reversed is tiny.

Your company are acting like a schoolyard bully throwing your weight around.

• Advertisement

Hi Tar.Aldarion

If you were charged activation fees after ordering online you should be due a refund. I would be happy to check your account for you if you email your account details to retailsales@upc.ie .

Hope that helps.

Regards

Jason
    I always order it online .

Jason

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement