Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Tar.Aldarion

If you were charged activation fees after ordering online you should be due a refund. I would be happy to check your account for you if you email your account details to retailsales@upc.ie .

Hope that helps.

Regards

Jason

Jason
    If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***

Hi Jason, I did not order online. I ordered over the phone, I've been refunded after a phone call anyways, thanks.

/applies for sales job in upc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Tar.Aldarion

Good stuff, glad it was resolved for you

Regards

Jason
    If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Hi Jason, I did not order online. I ordered over the phone, I've been refunded after a phone call anyways, thanks.

/applies for sales job in upc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Boreddub wrote: »
    UPC must have the worst customer care in the world. I Sept Oct last year I had an incredible battle with them to cancel .........!!

I had similar problems , they have terrible customer support. I would avoid lie the plague.

Hi Traumadoc

You are of course entitled to your opinion, however for balance, since we have become UPC last Summer, huge improvements have taken place in all areas of our business, including the massive €400 million + investment in our network meaning over 600,000 homes can now avail of all 3 products from UPC in Ireland, but also in our customer care teams.

This has been backed up with many recent awards including:
    • The Ultimate Digital Provider at the Digital Media Awards in 2011.
    • Best Internet Service Provider at the Digital Media Awards 2008 and 2009.
    • Best Customer Retention Programme 2010 at the 15th annual Irish Contact Centre and Shared Services Awards.
    • Best Training Programme and Best Use of Technology at the National Irish Contact Centre and Shared Services Awards in 2008. We also received a special commendation for Best Technical Support Centre/Helpdesk.
    • Nominated for an ICT award for our Corporate and Social Responsibility work.
    • Nominated for an AIM award for Best Sales Team.
    • Special Judges Award at the 14th Annual Irish Contact Centre and Shared Services Awards
    Regards

Jason

Traumadoc wrote: »
    I had similar problems , they have terrible customer support. I would avoid lie the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i've still not got my 50eur voucher. what do i need to pm you to follow up? thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Random
    PM me your name and account number and I will get my team to chase up for you straight away

Regards

Jason

Random wrote: »
    i've still not got my 50eur voucher. what do i need to pm you to follow up? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Hi Jason
    well the saga continues. I have just received a text message to advise me that my bill is 102 euro
    I wonder is there a charge applied to my account depsite the fact that your guys couldnt install braodband when they call around???

I only have basic digital Tv and my bill has always been €20.75

Could you please shed some light on this? many thanks

Hi falabo

No you would never be charged an installation charge if we didnt install product. Please call 1908 and our billing team will give you a breakdown of what you are actually being charged for.

Regards

Jason

falabo wrote: »
    I have just received a text message to advise me that my bill is 102 euro
    I wonder is there a charge applied to my account depsite the fact that your guys couldnt install braodband when they call around???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

hi Jason, have a friend who has ordered the basic tv package 22.50 a month plus 30 install fee, can she do better through boards deal, would she have to order online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

hi Jason, have a friend who has ordered the basic tv package 22.50 a month plus 30 install fee, can she do better through boards deal, would she have to order online?

No, just has to order through jason's team and quote the boards deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

hi jason, thanks very much. i got a call about an hour after pm'ing you and i've sorted my voucher now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If she has ordered it already she can't do the boards deal, as I've found out :(
    If she hasn't ordered or cancels to reorder before it is installed or something there would be no activation charge if she orders online and she could get the voucher maybe.

Hi Sgt Pepper 64

It depends on whether it has been installed yet. If not, get your friend to call my team on 1890 940635, they could cancel and reorder via the boards offer. If it has been installed I am afraid it is too late as the original order will take precedence in our system.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hi Traumadoc

You are of course entitled to your opinion, however for balance, since we have become UPC last Summer, huge improvements have taken place in all areas of our business, including the massive €400 million + investment in our network meaning over 600,000 homes can now avail of all 3 products from UPC in Ireland, but also in our customer care teams.

This has been backed up with many recent awards including:
    • The Ultimate Digital Provider at the Digital Media Awards in 2011.
    • Best Internet Service Provider at the Digital Media Awards 2008 and 2009.
    • Best Customer Retention Programme 2010 at the 15th annual Irish Contact Centre and Shared Services Awards.
    • Best Training Programme and Best Use of Technology at the National Irish Contact Centre and Shared Services Awards in 2008. We also received a special commendation for Best Technical Support Centre/Helpdesk.
    • Nominated for an ICT award for our Corporate and Social Responsibility work.
    • Nominated for an AIM award for Best Sales Team.
    • Special Judges Award at the 14th Annual Irish Contact Centre and Shared Services Awards
    Regards

Jason

Hi Jason, tbh I find it a bit rich, given your disclaimer at the end of the post quoted above, that you / your superiors have no problem with you posting blatant advertising bumf like the above in response to a generic 'unhappy customer post'.....

Not your ornery onager

Hi Esel

Thanks for your comment, however, I am authorised to comment on this thread, which is not for giving about UPC or any other provider, it is to reward boards users who have decided to order UPC, and giving them a real tangible benefit in doing so on boards. The reason for the disclaimer is to point out to people that I cannot comment on other posts without approval. (as many people want me to)

Anybody that wants to comment or converse with us online help can contact us via twitter or facebook currently @weareupc

Regards

Jason

Esel wrote: »
    Hi Jason, tbh I find it a bit rich, given your disclaimer at the end of the post quoted above, that you / your superiors have no problem with you posting blatant advertising bumf like the above in response to a generic 'unhappy customer post'.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anybody that wants to comment or converse with us online help can contact us via twitter or facebook currently @weareupc
    Can you ask your boss why I have to create an account on facebook or twitter to talk to you when you have a boards account, and so do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

Jason

I got my Woodies voucher today finally. Thanks for your help.

Now I just need to know how I play the recorded programs on my DVR box that were recorded from bravo several months back that wont play now. Message says Im not subscribed to this channel but the channel is gone so now what do I do?

Papa_Bear

Hi Papa_Bear

Good stuff, glad you got sorted with your voucher.

Bravo was closed down by SKY recently, so I am afriad all your recorded bravo content is deleted as it is no longer transmitting. (That is the way the rights work, you are allowed to store content as long as you still subscribe to a channel or for as long as that channel you subscribe to still exists)

Regards

Jason

Papa_Bear wrote: »
    Jason

I got my Woodies voucher today finally. Thanks for your help.

Now I just need to know how I play the recorded programs on my DVR box that were recorded from bravo several months back that wont play now. Message says Im not subscribed to this channel but the channel is gone so now what do I do?

Papa_Bear

Nollag

You do not have to open an account on twitter or facebook to converse with us, you can call 1908 at any stage, or you can access our new customer service section on our website. http://support.upc.ie/app/contact

I am not part of our customer support team, I am the retail sales manager in UPC, and as such I am permitted to assist people on this thread, this is a thread to reward boards users interested in signing up to UPC, it is not a "talk to" forum. Untill UPC are officially represented in the "Talk to" section on boards, if you want to converse with us on customer support issues you are restricted to the above contact methods.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter

Regards

Jason

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Can you ask your boss why I have to create an account on facebook or twitter to talk to you when you have a boards account, and so do I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Daveq

Jason,

I was thinking of changing to UPC for my Phone and BB through this offer, I was looking at the UPC.ie and for Phone and 10mb BB it costs €31 without TV but a friend in work was going to change too but he said he was told over the phone it was something like €38 for the same. Can you confirm what the actual cost would be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Daveq wrote: »
    Jason,

I was thinking of changing to UPC for my Phone and BB through this offer, I was looking at the UPC.ie and for Phone and 10mb BB it costs €31 without TV but a friend in work was going to change too but he said he was told over the phone it was something like €38 for the same. Can you confirm what the actual cost would be?

I was looking at the same.
    Its because UPC "charge you" 7.75 for NOT taking TV

"A Fibre Power Broadband standalone charge of €7.75 applies when not taking TV."

Unfortunately, they are still cheaper than Eircom, otherwise I would look elsewhere. We only really have 2 choices in Ireland, Eircom and UPC, and with Eircom, unless you pay through the nose, you never really know what your bill is going to be every month.
    Hopefullly they will be able to lower their charges, once they've sorted their company out (By cuttiing back on staff)

Oh and they also charge you an extra 3 euro if you dont use direct debit

"Please provide your bank details. If you are an existing customer all your changes will be paid by Direct Debit.
    Subscriptions are payable by Direct Debit.
    A €3 charge applies to all transactions for non-Direct Debit customers"

I wonder if there is any way of keeping your eircom email account active?

Lets hope the customer service is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Daveq

I was looking at the same.
    Its because UPC "charge you" 7.75 for NOT taking TV

"A Fibre Power Broadband standalone charge of €7.75 applies when not taking TV."

Ok I went through to checkout and found that, why do they not add that with the monthly price though instead of hiding it in small print? :mad:

I would be using direct debit if going with them so the €3 is ok but thanks for the heads up.

I think the extra €7.75 will make me rethink though and work out my bills again.....

Hi Daveq

The correct price for 10mb is €32.75, however if you also subscribe to our TV, we reduce the price of broadband by €7.75, so you will pay us €25 for your 10mb broadband.

You could double your speed to 20mb for an additional €9 (€34) and you also get a free wireless router.

Add €6 for a home phone.

I hope that helps.

Order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get free activation and a €50 voucher too.

Regards

Jason

Daveq wrote: »
    Jason,

Hi Sgt Pepper 64

In answer to the below

You can sign up to UPC broadband on giro and pay in the post office, however, if you sign up to home phone or Digital +, direct debit is mandatory.

Yes, move to us and your eircom email remains accessible in the same way.

Customer service from UPC has improved significantly over the last year to us now winning awards, http://www.upc.ie/about_us/ as recent as last month when we won "Ultimate Digital Provider" and the Digital media awards. http://www.digitalmedia.ie/winners.html

Regards

Jason

Oh and they also charge you an extra 3 euro if you dont use direct debit

A €3 charge applies to all transactions for non-Direct Debit customers"

I wonder if there is any way of keeping your eircom email account active?

Lets hope the customer service is good

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ella11

was just on the D I D electrical website, what is the offer when you sign up with upc you get a free notebook worth 250 euro?

hi Jason
    I am with eircom at the moment and pay 50 per month for broadband and phone, i want to get the home phone out and switch to upc broadband. I saw a package on upc website- fibre max (30mb fibre power broadband, digital +, digital max) all for 77 euro per month. Is this package only for 'new customers'? I have the cable with upc but no broadband so would this package be available to me?

At the moment im paying 51.97 for my cable with upc (34.99 digital max, multiroom x 2 @ 8.49 each) but i also see from upc website that multiroom is only 5.00 per month! Why am i paying 8.49?

If i was to add the 20 fibre broadband (which costs 34 per month) to my exisiting tv all would cost me 85.97!! The offer obove is far better value and works out at only 1 euro extra.
    Can you give me advice on what to do as in the best offer for me, fibre 10 is not an option as im looking for unlimited usage
    thanks Jason

Hi ella11

Yes, the offers on the website are for new customers. I think you are referring to Fibre Freedom Ultimate which costs €75 per month for new customers.

As you have not got broadband with us, you would be a new broadband customer, so you could add 20mb for €34 extra per month, or 30mb for €42 per month.

Any billing queries I suggest you call 1908 and the billing team will talk you through your bill and what options are available to you regarding the above.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    ella11 wrote: »
    hi Jason
    I am with eircom at the moment and pay 50 per month for broadband and phone, i want to get the home phone out and switch to upc broadband. I saw a package on upc website- fibre max (30mb fibre power broadband, digital +, digital max) all for 77 euro per month. Is this package only for 'new customers'? I have the cable with upc but no broadband so would this package be available to me?

At the moment im paying 51.97 for my cable with upc (34.99 digital max, multiroom x 2 @ 8.49 each) but i also see from upc website that multiroom is only 5.00 per month! Why am i paying 8.49?

If i was to add the 20 fibre broadband (which costs 34 per month) to my exisiting tv all would cost me 85.97!! The offer obove is far better value and works out at only 1 euro extra.
    Can you give me advice on what to do as in the best offer for me, fibre 10 is not an option as im looking for unlimited usage
    thanks Jason

thanks Jason
    would i be able to avail of the 50 euro voucher too?
    Also how much does it cost to get the broadband installed or am i better off doing it myself with the self install?

Hi ella11

The €250 offer in DID Electrical is available for new UPC customers who sign up to a TV, Broadband and phone bundle.

They also have an offer for existing UPC tv customers that sign up to broadband and phone, which gets you a voucher for €125 to spend in store on a small HD TV or anything else in their range.

That offer is also available in Currys, Carphone Warehouse & PC World.

For all details see here www.upc.ie/retailoffer

There is also the boards offer where you get FREE ACTIVATION of all boxes and a €50 voucher - which is also an excellent offer. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason

ella11 wrote: »
    was just on the D I D electrical website, what is the offer when you sign up with upc you get a free notebook worth 250 euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Redskins

Jason,
    I signed up with UPC on 2nd Febuary but have not received my Carphone Warehouse Voucher yet, could you check it for me?

Customer account no 70817574-1

Thanks & Regards

Hi Redskins

I believe my team have arranged for you to collect in person. Enjoy spending it :)

Regards

Jason

Redskins wrote: »
    Jason,
    I signed up with UPC on 2nd Febuary but have not received my Carphone Warehouse Voucher yet, could you check it for me?

Customer account no 70817574-1

Thanks & Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Redskins

Thanks Jason, I'm going in to buy a new phone tomorrow.

Redskins

Good stuff, hope you get a nice one :)

All the best

Regards

Jason

Redskins wrote: »
    Thanks Jason, I'm going in to buy a new phone tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Hi Jason,

Quick question.. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 100mb connection, if using the boards deal do I still have to pay the activation charge?

Hi unklerosco

The boards offer is for new customers not for upgrades, if you do not have UPC broadband currently, you can order your 100mb broadband via the boards offer and get free activation. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason

unklerosco wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Quick question.. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 100mb connection, if using the boards deal do I still have to pay the activation charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

So technically I can just cancel my contract and get the missus to sign up and get free activation?

Hi unklerosco

Afraid not, if you are in contract with us and cancel you will have a cancellation charge applied.

Regards

Jason

unklerosco wrote: »
    So technically I can just cancel my contract and get the missus to sign up and get free activation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Hi Jason,
    I phoned UPC on March 16th regarding the voucher and was told that a manager in the office just happened to have a Woodies voucher to hand and that it was being sent out in the post that very day. Having received nothing, I emailed UPC a few days ago chasing this up but haven't yet heard back from anyone. Is there someone else I can call, or do I just need to go back through the same process again? I'm beginning to give up hope!

thanks,
    Kaz.
    Hi KazDub

Sorry about that, it must have been lost in the post. Please contact my team on 1890 940635 and they can chase up Woodies and have them cancel the original one and re-issue a new one for you straight away.

Regards

Jason

Want to see our products in use? Come into our new store in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street, Dublin 1 and play with our HD TV and 30mb broadband yourself. Seeing is believing.

Hi Kaz

That manager is me. Sorry, I must have mislaid the email. (But I have the voucher here for you)

Please PM me your full name and address and I will registered post it to you straight away.

Regards

Jason

Want to see our products in use? Come into our new store in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street, Dublin 1 and play with our HD TV and 30mb broadband yourself. Seeing is believing.

KazDub wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    I phoned UPC on March 16th regarding the voucher and was told that a manager in the office just happened to have a Woodies voucher to hand and that it was being sent out in the post that very day. Having received nothing, I emailed UPC a few days ago chasing this up but haven't yet heard back from anyone. Is there someone else I can call, or do I just need to go back through the same process again? I'm beginning to give up hope!

thanks,
    Kaz.

Hi Kaz

That manager is me. Sorry, I must have mislaid the email. (But I have the voucher here for you)

Please PM me your full name and address and I will registered post it to you straight away.

Regards

Jason

Thanks Jason, PM sent.

• Advertisement

Hi KazDub

Just to confirm, your voucher is on the way. Please PM me tomorrow once you receive it

Enjoy spending it!!

Regards

Jason
    Thanks Jason, PM sent.

Hi KazDub

Just to confirm, your voucher is on the way. Please PM me tomorrow once you receive it

Enjoy spending it!!

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,
    the voucher arrived this morning and to be honest I'm a bit miffed. It expires this Friday! It was bought on April 15th 2010 and is valid for one year from that date. It even has the expiry date printed on it. I have three days to spend the money. I work full time and was looking forward to going to the garden centre over a weekend to pick out nice things for the garden to do it up for Spring. I'm not sure I'll get to spend the voucher now, so a bit of a waste to be honest.

Hi KazDub

Sorry, never seen the date, please call my team direct on 1890 940635, they can contact Woodies direct to see if that can be extended or replaced for you

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,
    the voucher arrived this morning and to be honest I'm a bit miffed. It expires this Friday!.

Hi all

I am on annual leave at the moment. Any questions regarding this offer or anything else regarding a UPC retail offer then please direct your query direct to my UPC retail support team on retailsales@upc.ie

Thanks a million

Regards

Jason Campbell

If you want to order new products from UPC and get a voucher for €50 to spend in the Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Hi Jason,
    the voucher arrived this morning and to be honest I'm a bit miffed. It expires this Friday! It was bought on April 15th 2010 and is valid for one year from that date. It even has the expiry date printed on it. I have three days to spend the money. I work full time and was looking forward to going to the garden centre over a weekend to pick out nice things for the garden to do it up for Spring. I'm not sure I'll get to spend the voucher now, so a bit of a waste to be honest.
    I think once you use it once, the expiry date is extended for another 2 years.

So you could buy something small and still have the balance for a further 2 years.

I'm going to have to head out today at lunch to Woodies and ask them myself. I've made my initial phone call to UPC where I was told that they'd look in to this for me and get back to me later that day or the following morning. The following afternoon I had to phone again to chase them up. They still have no idea what the story is. I'm being told that they 'don't think' that there is an expiry on the voucher, but I have it here on the receipt in black and white. I was then told that they are having a hard time getting a response from their contact in Woodies. NOT MY PROBLEM!!! If I have to spend €50 today in my lunch break I will be severly, unimpressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Is it just me or is there no options for a Woodies voucher on the Boards UPC section? It's just DID Electrical and Carphone Warehouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there no options for a Woodies voucher on the Boards UPC section? It's just DID Electrical and Carphone Warehouse

Must have been withdrawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

...It was bought on April 15th 2010 and is valid for one year from that date. It even has the expiry date printed on it...
    Hi Kaz, this is probably a stupid question but are you absolutely sure the expiry date says 2011 and not 2012? The reason I ask is my voucher says its valid for 2 years from date of issue, not 1, so its valid until 2013.

That's what the voucher said. Anyway, I called in to Woodies on Friday and got the credit transferred on to a new card. The new one is valid for 2 years according to the receipt given with it.

Regarding the current deal, as far as I'm aware the Woodies vouchers aren't being offered any more. Lucky for me, as I've no use for the ones that are.

Even though I've resolved the problem myself, I still haven't had a phonecall back from UPC. They're supposed to be trying to contact someone in Woodies. What's it they say about if you want a job done, best do it yourself?!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement