Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Well at least you got your Woodies voucher mate. I've been sending emails back and forth since the 11th March regarding mine and still no resolution. How frustrating is that? If they cant get the bloody things anymore then offer me something else and stop stringing me along like a donkey chasing a dangled carrot!

Rant over!!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi all

Sorry, as I mentoned a few posts back, I have been on annual leave for a while, so havent been in a position to reply. In answer to some PM's that I have received, yes, this offer is still on and is still valid.

Vouchers for DID Electrical and for The Carphone Warehouse are available, vouchers for Woodies & Atlantic are currently not available due to a technicality, however we are working to get that going again ASAP.

There are a couple of people waiting for vouchers for Woodies, and those will be sorted this week now that I am back.

This is an excellent deal, considering, not only do you get a €50 voucher if you order a new product line with UPC, but you also get free activation of that product, so this can add up if you order more that one box.

If you want to order, please do so here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

I will respond to all above today.

Thanks a million.

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from UPC and get a voucher for €50 to spend in the Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Want to see our products in use? Come into our new store in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street, Dublin 1 and play with our HD TV and 30mb broadband yourself. Seeing is believing.

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Your right Jason this is a great offer, i joined boards just so i could avail of it. I was with Sky and Vodafone at home, so this deal saves me a small fortune, but since i got conected on Thursday i have been on to customer service 4 times.... First from Thursday until Saturday internet would not work (2 calls) Then yeasterday and today TV signal going off and back on (1 call) and then internet connection going off and back on resulting in another call.... Hopefully this will be sorted tomorrow, but in 7 years with Sky I only rang them twice and 1 year with Vodafone 1 call. So it is no good having a great deal but a poor product...

Cheers Walter White

Thanks for the feedback

Hope all gets sorted for you quickly, seems you have been very unfortunate, enjoy your product and your voucher

Regards

Jason
    Your right Jason this is a great offer, i joined boards just so i could avail of it. I was with Sky and Vodafone at home, so this deal saves me a small fortune,.

If you want to order new products from UPC and get a voucher for €50 to spend in the Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Want to see our products in use? Come into our new store in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street, Dublin 1 and play with our HD TV and 30mb broadband yourself. Seeing is believing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sineadcochrane

Hi Jason,
    I tried to order online awhile ago but it wouldn't go through, so I ended up calling up and ordering over the phone.

Can I still avail of this offer though? Am due to have our UPC connected tomorrow, really looking forward to it, have been messed around by Vodafone for far too long.

Sinead

Hi there sineadcochrane

The link is working fine I just tested it. If you want to proceed and order again via this boards offer, you will need to cancel your order with the department you ordered from or call 1890 940635. There will be a delay as a new order needs to be created.

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,
    I tried to order online awhile ago but it wouldn't go through, so I ended up calling up and ordering over the phone.

Can I still avail of this offer though? Am due to have our UPC connected tomorrow, really looking forward to it, have been messed around by Vodafone for far too long.

Sinead

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sineadcochrane

When I tried to order online the site didn't work for me, seems like far too much hassle now to cancel and reorder, don't want to mess anything up. Thanks anyway.

Hi

In answer to a few PM's, yes, this offer is still live, so you can now order your new 25, 50 and 100mb Broadband bundles (or tv/phone) announced today,(live from next Monday) via boards for free activation, & a €50 voucher - www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I ordered UPC broadband online, all confirmed by email.
    No one showed up to install.

Called UPC who told me to order was not confirmed.

Took a day off work for nothing.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Chiparus wrote: »

Something similar happened to me before. Ordered online, picked a date, took the day off work. No sign of anyone turning up to install so I ring them in the evening. They tell me my ordered was cancelled (I was never informed of this) because I owe them money. Now it was a brand new account, and I'd never had an account with them before, so obviously I don't owe them any money.
    They ask me to send them a copy of my rental agreement which I don't have (as I own the house) and my passport. No way I was sending them my passport, I'd never see it again the way they are so went with Eircom instead.
    Considering trying to get this deal though when my contract is up with Vodafone.

Hi Chiparus

Did you order via this boards offer? If so I will have a call recording and I can help immediately.

If not please contact customer service directly on 1908 and ask for a supervisor who will try understand what happened. You say you were confirmed? How? In writing, by a person?

If you want my direct help PM me your account details (and a full breakdown of what hapopened) and I will have a supervisor contact you from the web department.

Regards

Jason

Hi mcgovern

It is standard practice in UPC to ask new customers for proof of identity and proof of address when our system prompts an agent to request this information.

We do not expect originals just copies for the file.

When you contract is up, please order via this boards offer and we will look after you with as smooth a transition as possible, (and free activation + €50 voucher)

Regards

Jason

mcgovern wrote: »
    so went with Eircom instead.
    Considering trying to get this deal though when my contract is up with Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Chiparus

To be fair, a supervisor called and apologised, I am going to get a call on Monday to set up another date.

Chiparus

Good stuff, enjoy your new fast broadband from next week. :D

Regards

Jason
    To be fair, a supervisor called and apologised, I am going to get a call on Monday to set up another date.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

Hi Jason,

Would you know if there is broadband or digital television available in Coopers Grange, Old Quarter, Ballincollig, Co Cork?

I'd prefer to stay with yourselves than move to sky.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi Amaru KGB

Sorry, looks like your estate was never cabled by your builder, we are supplying homes in there with digital TV by aerial, unfortunately, without cable we cannot provide broadband/phone. Hopefully you wont have to wait too long for it to get cabled.

Regards

Jason
    Amaru KGB wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Would you know if there is broadband or digital television available in Coopers Grange, Old Quarter, Ballincollig, Co Cork?

I'd prefer to stay with yourselves than move to sky.

Cheers

Well thats a pity, thanks for getting back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

I have to say its been a disaster so far with UPC for me, I have been having problems since instalation, UPC have called 3 times to sort it but i have still got severe problems with my internet... this is my latest speed test 0.51 Mbps and im supposed to have 20Mbps... 1287323126.png
    I would love to take my 3Mbps vodafone back now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I hear ya Walter.. I upgraded to 100mb and have had nothing but problems with it. My connection constantly dissapears and there doesn't seem to be a fix. It went on Thursday and I was told I wouldn't be able to get a tech call out till Wednesday!! I work from home and am lost without an internet connection. It's driving me nuts...

Guys

Must say dissapointed to hear that and very surprised as we are hearing brilliant feedback from most on the 100mb, assuming you are on the correct spec machine you are connecting too. (we are also installing each 100mb by a technician who tests speed at point of install) See system requirements.

This is not the broadband forum and this is not a talk to forum but happy to help. I would be happy to pass your details to a supervisor in tech support if you PM me them.

Minimum System Requirements
    PC / Laptop
    Apple Macintosh
    Operating System
    Windows 7 or higher*
    MacOS 10.3 or higher
    Processor
    2.0Ghz or higher
    PowerPC G4 or higher
    Memory
    1GB (RAM) or higher
    1GB MB (RAM) or higher
    Network Device
    Gigabit Network Interface Controller
    Gigabit Network Interface Controller
    Network Device
    Wired: Spare Ethernet port and always use CAT5E or CAT6 UTP cables for speeds above 100Mbps
    Wired: Spare Ethernet port and always use CAT5E or CAT6 UTP cables for speeds above 100Mbps
    Network Device
    WiFi connection: WiFi 802.11n also called "N Class" (or WiFi dongle and drivers available)
    WiFi connection: Mac Airport Extreme (802.11n - also called "N Class")

Regards

Jason

• Advertisement

Hi all

In answer to some PM's I would like to advise on some new products changes live today.

To summarise:

We have speeded up our broadband, with our entry broadband bundle now being 25mb, making UPC the fastest Broadband in Ireland.

Now Irish people can switch to UPC for the Fastest Broadband in Ireland, and more than triple their current broadband speed, get 25Mb Fibre Power Broadband, the TV they love and Home Phone for just €60 a month’

We have also introduced 50mb and 100mb broadband in a bundle.

We have also very significant bundle discounts when you order a broadband/phone bundle.

For example:

Broadband costs when you have no UPC TV or Phone
    25Mb = €42.75
    50Mb = €52.75
    100Mb = €72.75
    12Mb = €32.75 *

*12mb can be ordered out of a bundle, and can be added to your UPC account for just €25 per month or if you do not subscribe to UPC TV it will cost €32.75

Versus Broadband in a bundle:

25Mb Freetime Phone Bundle = €42
    50Mb Freetime Phone Bundle = €47
    100Mb Freetime Phone Bundle = €57

Yes, no typo, UPC Broadband now costs less when you bundle home phone. These bundles also include unlimited local/National calls & 400 minutes to International fixed lines each month.

The bundle prices are the price you pay including Vat. They are available to existing & Non UPC TV subscribers.

I trust that helps.

If you want to order one of our new products then please order via boards for free activation and a free €50 voucher, please see here for more details www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

- If you are interested in one of our new Bundles that include Digital TV, 25mb broadband & phone freetime from just €60 per month, one of my team will talk you through all the options after you fill in the boards link.

Thanks a million.
    Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Jason, black text is almost invisible to users on the Cloud skin.

Please consider using the default font colour.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Thanks Jason, I've a tech calling out on Wed. If that doesn't resolve the problem I'll drop you an pm.

Regarding the new bundles, I'm on 100mb, phone and tv. Do I automatically switch to the new pricing? I know on my current deal my phone line doesn't include any free calls..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Have you tried a speed test site other then Limerick? My eircom line goes from the lowest grade when I check against the Limerick site (I am living in Limerick) to the highest grade if I check the Dublin one. There was a thread in the BB forums a long while ago basically blaming the Limerick speedtest site for not being up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

Hi again

Just wondering how long it takes for the voucher to arrive, i've been waiting 3 months now :S

Kajor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Now Irish people can switch to UPC for the Fastest Broadband in Ireland, and more than triple their current broadband speed, get 25Mb Fibre Power Broadband, the TV they love and Home Phone for just €60 a month’

What about Polish people living here and other nationalities?
    I assume you're not excluding them.
    Weird wording.

Is there an offer for existing customers?
    I remember there being something for triple play sign ups but no idea if it's still valid or where to get it.

I was onto them earlier and I asked about the upgrade from 20MB to 25MB. The customer support agent said it was an extra €5 for current customers to upgrade, so my bundle would cost €65 in stead of €60.

Kajor wrote: »
    I was onto them earlier and I asked about the upgrade from 20MB to 25MB. The customer support agent said it was an extra €5 for current customers to upgrade, so my bundle would cost €65 in stead of €60.

get phone and you should save 1.75 a month because you don't have to pay standalone fee if you have phone anymore.

I was asking about offers like this where we get vouchers or something.

I don't think you understood what I meant. I have the TV/20MB Broadband/FTW Phone package for €60. I asked was I being upgraded to 25MB broadband as per the new offer and the agent said that I would have to pay them another €5 per month to get 25mb broadband. :)

I understood, I just don't work for upc so don't care about you.
    Just giving you a general tip for everyone who reads the thread and doesn't get their tv since it's sub-par.

• Advertisement

Hi Kajor

Probably some confusion, you could upgrade to 50mb for an extra €5 if you are currently on the Fibre Freedom Starter bundle (our old 20mb triple play starter bundle) - however, this will involve you getting a new Thompson modem for 50mb and a new 12 month contract. If you are happy to go to 25mb only, you will be advised soon on how you can move to the new bundle. Voucher should not take more than 30 days to arrive after your installation, assuming you qualified for one, please call 1890940635 and they can check for you straight away.

Regards

Jason

Kajor wrote: »

Hi Nollog

These broadband bundles are available to existing TV, non TV and new TV customers, no difference in price at all now.

If an existing tv or broadband customer with UPC orders phone via this boards offer www.upc.ie/boardsoffer, they will get a €50 voucher

Regards

Jason

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Is there an offer for existing customers?
    I remember there being something for triple play sign ups but no idea if it's still valid or where to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Hey Jason,

I signed up for an upgrade yesterday but only found out about the offer today. Any chance of a voucher? ;)

Sorry stimpson

Upgrades do not qualify for a voucher, just new connections

Regards

Jason
    stimpson wrote: »
    Hey Jason,

I signed up for an upgrade yesterday but only found out about the offer today. Any chance of a voucher? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Hi Nollog

These broadband bundles are available to existing TV, non TV and new TV customers, no difference in price at all now.

If an existing tv or broadband customer with UPC orders phone via this boards offer www.upc.ie/boardsoffer, they will get a €50 voucher

Regards

Jason

As an existing BB/TV customer I'm after just doing an online order for the 50mb plus digital+ and phone. Will this link still work to get the voucher also based on getting the phone included....? Or does having gone through the normal online ordering ( even if it was just an hour ago) prevent me from getting the voucher?

jimmycrackcorm

If you order phone now on the boards link and call my team at 10am tomorrow morning to confirm on 1890940635, they may be able to cancel the other order for you prior to that getting loaded bythe other department www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason
    As an existing BB/TV customer I'm after just doing an online order for the 50mb plus digital+ and phone. Will this link still work to get the voucher also based on getting the phone included....? Or does having gone through the normal online ordering ( even if it was just an hour ago) prevent me from getting the voucher?

Hi Nollog

Regards

Jason
    So if I don't have phone already but do have broadband, and order phone my standalone charge will be replaced with the lower price for phone, and I get 50 euro voucher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Sorry stimpson

Upgrades do not qualify for a voucher, just new connections

Regards

Jason

I got a new phone connection with it. I would appreciate anything you could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Hi Jason, just out of interest what would the impact be on my account if I were to upgrade to the 50mb or 100mb package? Or can I even do that? At the moment I'm on the Fiber Freedom Ultimate (or something like that) which I signed up for in November so I have phone (any time world) all the tv channels (excluding preimium chans) plus HD and 30mb broadband. Can PM you my account number if that helps.

Just wondering how much extra I'd be paying or if I'd loose anything etc.

thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi Johnk

You are free to upgrade to the new Fibre Ultimate Bundle, which has the same TV, Digital Max + pack, 50mb Broadband and freetime phone, for €75 per month. You will need a new modem for 50mb, we can courier that out to you directly very quickly. (If you want to upgrade to Fibre Ultimate 100mb, (€85 per month) we will need to install it for you)

Order online or call 1890 940 624

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    JohnK wrote: »
    Hi Jason, just out of interest what would the impact be on my account if I were to upgrade to the 50mb or 100mb package? Or can I even do that? At the moment I'm on the Fiber Freedom Ultimate (or something like that) which I signed up for in November so I have phone (any time world) all the tv channels (excluding preimium chans) plus HD and 30mb broadband. Can PM you my account number if that helps.

Just wondering how much extra I'd be paying or if I'd loose anything etc.

thanks.

HI Nollog

Please call my team on 1890940635, they can discuss all options with you

Regards

Jason
    /\/ollog wrote: »
    So if I don't have phone already but do have broadband, and order phone my standalone charge will be replaced with the lower price for phone, and I get 50 euro voucher?

Hi stimpson

Please be advised that if you have already placed an with another department you can cancle this to receive the Boards.ie offer however you will need to wait 5 working days from the day your order has been cancelled to avail of the offer, due to system setup requirements.

Regards

Jason

stimpson wrote: »
    Hey Jason,

(If you want to upgrade to Fibre Ultimate 100mb, (€85 per month) we will need to install it for you)

With that though I'd lose the anytime world and hd channels right? And if UPC need to do the 100mb install then I presume there'd be some sort of install charge? How much is that?

Hi JohnK

You can add HD for €5 extra and Anytime calls for €5 extra.

If you have any other questionson products/prices please feel free to call 1890 940 624 or contact our social media guru on twitter @WeAreUPC_IE

As you will need a new modem for 50mb , the normal activation charges apply (€20 or €40 if you require a UPC technician to install it for you. - Free if you order online)

Enjoy!!!

Regards

Jason
    JohnK wrote: »
    With that though I'd lose the anytime world and hd channels right? And if UPC need to do the 100mb install then I presume there'd be some sort of install charge? How much is that?

Thanks Jason, I'll have a think about that so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

Hi Jason,

Are the DID/Currys offers still available with the new bundles?

Hi lemeister

I will be making an announcement regarding the next UPC retail offer later today.

Regards

Jason
    lemeister wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Are the DID/Currys offers still available with the new bundles?

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908 or contact our new social media guru on twitter @WeAreUPC_IE

Hi Amaru KGB

Sorry, looks like your estate was never cabled by your builder, we are supplying homes in there with digital TV by aerial, unfortunately, without cable we cannot provide broadband/phone. Hopefully you wont have to wait too long for it to get cabled.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

I know there is a satellite dish in the house but is that only for Sky?

Also is there much difference between aerial and cable television?

Cheers

Amaru KGB

UPC do not use a satellite dish, we would supply a small mesh aerial however.

It would provide you with at least 85 Channels in digital quality (you can see it for yourself on display in Carphone Warehouse, 79 Patrick Street, Cork)

We have 3 digital packs available in your area:

Digital Value, has 85 channels, costing €20.75 per month, and includes Setanta Ireland

Digital Select, has 124 channels, costing €30 per month, includes Setanta Ireland & ESPN Sports

Digital Max, has 147 channels, costing €33.75 per month, includes Disney, ESPN & Setanta Ireland.

If you order via boards you will get installed free and will get a €50 voucher.

You can also have Sky Sports free for 2 months if you ask to subscribe to it at point of sale when my team call you to confirm.

Or -

The other aerial option is Saorview (Irish freeview), that will require you to buy a set top box and have a new aerial installed, will cost approx €250 upfront, for 6 channels.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908 or contact our new social media guru on twitter @WeAreUPC_IE
    Amaru KGB wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I know there is a satellite dish in the house but is that only for Sky?

Also is there much difference between aerial and cable television?

Cheers

Thanks for the swift reply again Jason, that helps me out

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement