Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

hi jason

whats the situation with the €50 Woodies voucher ?
    I was told yesterday "we hope to have the issue resolved this week" but according to previous threads this is the answer given every week.
    What sort of "technical issue" can be so difficult to resolve? Please keep us informed with more relevant information,

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Hey Jason,

Do you know when UPC will be coming to Dalkey Ave? Got a mail a while back saying it should be done by April..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi falabo. We have ordered them from Woodies and they are posting direct. Call 1890 940635 my guys can check with them to ensure they have posted them.

Regards

Jason
    falabo wrote: »
    hi jason

whats the situation with the €50 Woodies voucher ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Hi Jason,

Just wondering if there is an update for this, and if there is an offer would it be open to someone (like me) who ordered a new broadband & phone connection today?

Thanks!
    UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi lemeister

I will be making an announcement regarding the next UPC retail offer later today.

Regards

Jason
    If you want to order new products from UPC and get a voucher for €50 to spend in the Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Want to see our products in use? Come into our new store in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street, Dublin 1 and play with our HD TV and 30mb broadband yourself. Seeing is believing.

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908 or contact our new social media guru on twitter @WeAreUPC_IE

Hi mbroaders

Anybody who orders one of the new triple play bundles of Digital TV, Fibre Power Broadband and home phone in one of the above UPC retail partners will qualify for a €250 voucher, which can be swapped for a free netbook or anything else in their range up to that value.

Also, anybody that orders a new broadband/phone bundle in one of the above UPC retail partners will qualify for a €125 voucher, which can be swapped for a free HD TV or anything else in their range up to that value.

I am afraid if you have ordered already you will not qualify for this new offer that went live today in Carphone Warehouse, Currys, PC world & DID Electrical. (see note above regarding cancelling and reordering or call my team on 1890940635)

For full details see here www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Or you can order via boards for free activation of all services and a €50 voucher. Both offers have their own considerable merits www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason

mbroaders wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Just wondering if there is an update for this, and if there is an offer would it be open to someone (like me) who ordered a new broadband & phone connection today?

Thanks!
    If you want to order new products from UPC and get a voucher for €50 to spend in the Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Want to see our products in use? Come into our new store in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street, Dublin 1 and play with our HD TV and 30mb broadband yourself. Seeing is believing.

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908 or contact us on twitter -
    http://twitter.com/#!/UPC_HelpsYou_IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

jimmycrackcorm

If you order phone now on the boards link and call my team at 10am tomorrow morning to confirm on 1890940635, they may be able to cancel the other order for you prior to that getting loaded bythe other department www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason

I actually got a call from a guy on your team but he said my area (Lucan South) cannot get the 50mb (Have 30mb at the moment) and so I could not be put on the bundle on the system, however I got an email confirmation from the online order that I was getting the gear couriered out. I'm unclear whether or not I'm getting an upgrade or not now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

Is the 100MB available in Cork City Center?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

How do you know which broadband service is available in your area?

My mother is looking to change her broadband/phone/tv service so if this worked in our area it'd be great! We got tested for NTL about 5 years ago and it wasn't available where we live (The middle of nowhere pretty much..), but we're able to get Sky and Eircom broadband, so I was just wondering is there a way to know if you can get UPC in your house?

Hi doodio

Yes we have released 100mb in the cabled areas of Cork City.

Regards

Jason
    doodio wrote: »
    Is the 100MB available in Cork City Center?

Hi Noel2k9

Best bet is to log onto ww.upc.ie and check your address on there. We provide our services by fibre optic cable for broadband, HD TV and Phone to towns and other urban areas and we can provide digital tv by aerial to 95% of the population.

Regards

Jason

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908 or contact us on twitter -

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    How do you know which broadband service is available in your area?

My mother is looking to change her broadband/phone/tv service so if this worked in our area it'd be great! We got tested for NTL about 5 years ago and it wasn't available where we live (The middle of nowhere pretty much..), but we're able to get Sky and Eircom broadband, so I was just wondering is there a way to know if you can get UPC in your house?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Hi Noel2k9

Best bet is to log onto ww.upc.ie and check your address on there. We provide our services by fibre optic cable for broadband, HD TV and Phone to towns and other urban areas and we can provide digital tv by aerial to 95% of the population.

Regards

Jason

Hey I checked on there, but the address bar doesn't send when I input it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Hi Jason,
    Could you clarify the cost differences between the two offers, Boards vs Currys etc.?
    Interested in Broadband and Phone only- FIBRE POWER 25Mb.

With Boards is that €42 all-in, no installation, or activation costs? Plus get €50 voucher?

With Currys etc., is that €42 but with added installation activation charges? How much extra would that be? And then get €125 voucher?

Terms on this one say
    “1.(b) Or add one of these Broadband and Home Phone bundles FIBRE POWER 25Mb, FIBRE POWER 50Mb, FIBRE POWER 100Mb and all associated upgrades.”
    Does that mean you have to order ALL associated upgrades or just that offer still applies with any associated upgrades.

Thanks.

Hi there

Fill in the boards link and my guys will get your address surveyed for service

Regards

Jason
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Hey I checked on there, but the address bar doesn't send when I input it!

Hi vicadd

No problem.

With the Boards offer, the FIBRE POWER 25Mb bundle is €42 per month all-in, no installation or activation charges (saving €40) and you get a €50 voucher. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

With the retail offer you will get the FIBRE POWER 25Mb bundle for €42 per month, (with €40 activation fee) and you will get a voucher off the retailer for €125. www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Upgrades to an existing product does not qualify for a voucher in either offer.

Hope that clarifies it for you. If not, please direct your queries direct to my team on retailsales@upc.ie or by telephone on 1890940635

Thanks & Regards

Jason

vicadd wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    Could you clarify the cost differences between the two offers, Boards vs Currys etc.?
    Interested in Broadband and Phone only- FIBRE POWER 25Mb.

With Boards is that €42 all-in, no installation, or activation costs? Plus get €50 voucher?

With Currys etc., is that €42 but with added installation activation charges? How much extra would that be? And then get €125 voucher?

Terms on this one say
    “1.(b) Or add one of these Broadband and Home Phone bundles FIBRE POWER 25Mb, FIBRE POWER 50Mb, FIBRE POWER 100Mb and all associated upgrades.”
    Does that mean you have to order ALL associated upgrades or just that offer still applies with any associated upgrades.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

Hi Jason,

Its a fantastic offer. So for 25 MB internet and phone it will cost me

42x12(= 504)+ 0 modem +40 installation/activation charges= 544 euro - 125 (as a voucher).

Is my understanding correct?

Also, one more question. May be stupid but if you can answer? Does this broadband comes with the ethernet cable which I can hook up with my sony internet LED tv...?

Also, is it available in eldorado, milford grange, castletroy, limerick? Could not find from your website?

Thanks for your help,

aspasp1

Hi aspasp1

Happy to help. Yes, all services are available in your estate - confirmed.

Yes you are correct in your costings, 2 caviats, if you install your modem yourself, we will credit back €20 of the €40 activation charge on your bill, so it actually will only cost you €20. If you require a dect phone handset, you can order one off us for €15.

We ship a standard network cable in the modem box but for your purpose you may need a longer one to get to your tv.

Hope that helps. Enjoy!!!

Regards

Jason
    aspasp1 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Its a fantastic offer. So for 25 MB internet and phone it will cost me

42x12(= 504)+ 0 modem +40 installation/activation charges= 544 euro - 125 (as a voucher).

Is my understanding correct?

Also, one more question. May be stupid but if you can answer? Does this broadband comes with the ethernet cable which I can hook up with my sony internet LED tv...?

Also, is it available in eldorado, milford grange, castletroy, limerick? Could not find from your website?

Thanks for your help,

aspasp1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Hi I had forgottent about this thread. I booked in a UPC installation for next week. Can iI cancel this and sign up again to get a voucher or give you the account number they've assigned? Please!!!

Hi discombobulate

Please see previous post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72149332&postcount=993

Regards

Jason
    Hi I had forgottent about this thread. I booked in a UPC installation for next week. Can iI cancel this and sign up again to get a voucher or give you the account number they've assigned? Please!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 derryman69

Hello Jason

I read the post since you announced the new 25mb+ packages, but I am still unclear whether these deals are aimed at new or existing customers

as an existing UPC analogue / phone / bb user (out of any contract) - what is the best and cheapest deal for me to upgrade my broadband to 25mb and TV to basic digital and get a free call bundle on the phone (offpeak) with UPC - and what is the best way to order this to avail of any vouchers going and no cost installation by myself of new equipment

thanks

• Advertisement

Hi derryman69

Can I suggest you call 1890940624 and ask one of our sales agents to discuss your upgrade options, as an analogue tv customer for example, I would highly recommend you upgrade that service to digital plus for a lot more channels and a far superior picture quality, pause, record and series link features etc.

You can also opt to upgrade to 25mb broadband. If you opt to remain on the package you are on, your speed will remain as is until further notice, unchanged.

Upgrade to active services do not qualify for vouchers and involve a new 12 month contract. ( www.upc.ie/boardsoffer )

To avail of savings from an installaton perspective, best ordering online www.upc.ie

Hope that answers all your questions.

Regards

Jason
    derryman69 wrote: »
    Hello Jason

I read the post since you announced the new 25mb+ packages, but I am still unclear whether these deals are aimed at new or existing customers

as an existing UPC analogue / phone / bb user (out of any contract) - what is the best and cheapest deal for me to upgrade my broadband to 25mb and TV to basic digital and get a free call bundle on the phone (offpeak) with UPC - and what is the best way to order this to avail of any vouchers going and no cost installation by myself of new equipment

thanks

Jason

as requested, can you tell me whether existing UPC analogue / phone / bb customers can avail the new packages you announced and if not - why not

for example - am I eligible for this deal at this price or not - yes or no pls

Switch to UPC and get it all!

€60.00
    a month

Triple your current broadband speed with Fibre Power Broadband 25Mb and get the TV you love and free local, national and international calls for just €60 a month.
    We can offer the lowest everyday price and connection is hassle free.
    What you get:
    25col.png

Fibre Power Broadband 25Mb
    FREE wireless modem
    Unrivalled speeds and downloads at all times

Digital Value TV with Digital+

Home Phone with Freetime World.

Order online and we’ll connect you for FREE.

Also your reply to me seems?? to go against an earlier reply to another customer - here you seem to imply existing customers are eligible plus vouchers via boards?

##

Originally Posted by UPC: Jason viewpost.gif
    Hi Nollog

These broadband bundles are available to existing TV, non TV and new TV customers, no difference in price at all now.

If an existing tv or broadband customer with UPC orders phone via this boards offer www.upc.ie/boardsoffer, they will get a €50 voucher

Regards

Jason

##

thanks

derryman69

That bundle you mention there is for new customers only. It is looking for customers of different providers to "switch to UPC". As you are already with UPC you would not be switching but upgrading.

We do have other broadband/phone bundles recently released that existing tv customers can avail of,(That I was referring to with Nollog) but once again, as you already have all 3 services you would not qualify for them either.

All UPC customers avail of the current offer when they sign up, including yourself when you originally signed up with us.

I am not working in customer service, I am just here to assist people who want to order via this boards offer. As advised previously, if you want further detail on your account and options then please call our call centre or you could ask us via twitter, http://twitter.com/#!/UPC_HelpsYou_IE - or if you would prefer, you can pm me your account number and I will have somebody call you to talk through.

Regards

Jason
    Switch to UPC and get it all!

€60.00
    a month

Jason

so what you are clearly stating is that UPC Ireland has a business policy of actively DISCRIMINATING against their existing loyal customers who constitute the bulk of UPC revenue and profits. Is that fair or indeed wise?

I priced the €60 deal for an existing customer and it came to €73.75 - 23% MORE - it seems that RIPOFF Ireland is alive and well within the UPC business model

I note that this is not some "intro offer" period for new customers but is infinite, UPC feels that they can OVERCHARGE existing customer business.

Can you advise the UPC policy of how long a period an existing customer needs to withdraw their custom in order to be treated as a new customer

I think the advice to existing UPC customers is that loyalty is abused - put your business ELSEWHERE - I note that SKY / fatcheese can allow an initial one year SKY TV service for as litle as €10 / month and afterwards you get to keep their equipment and avail of any free-to-air TV service

thanks (or is that CIAO)

derryman69

I will not discuss UPC policy here, not my job to do so, and I have VERY clearly already advised you I do not work in customer service, and I will not comment any further on this matter with you.

This is a boards reward thready only. If you want a customer loyalty discussion then please call our customer loyalty team directly on 1908. They would be very happy to talk to you.

Regards

Jason
    Jason

so what you are clearly stating is that UPC Ireland has a business policy of actively DISCRIMINATING against their existing loyal customers who constitute the bulk of UPC revenue and profits. Is that fair or indeed wise?

I priced the €60 deal for an existing customer and it came to €73.75 - 23% MORE - it seems that RIPOFF Ireland is alive and well within the UPC business model

I note that this is not some "intro offer" period for new customers but is infinite, UPC feels that they can OVERCHARGE existing customer business.

Can you advise the UPC policy of how long a period an existing customer needs to withdraw their custom in order to be treated as a new customer

I think the advice to existing UPC customers is that loyalty is abused - put your business ELSEWHERE - I note that SKY / fatcheese can allow an initial one year SKY TV service for as litle as €10 / month and afterwards you get to keep their equipment and avail of any free-to-air TV service

thanks (or is that CIAO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭dell1211

Jason

thanks (or is that CIAO)

Thats how upc work, suck you tie you down and rip you off. Sure these new customers will be ripped of soon enough when they introduce new package(as technology moves on rather than pass it on to all their customers they only offer it to new customers for free and charge their existing customers a fortune for it(ie faster speeds cost them nothing extra but they will charge you extra)).

Zero customer service, we live in an apt block, forget about being able to use the internet in the evenings, basic dial up speed is all you get some times. Unfortunatlely we have no choice as we cant move to sky.

In our old house we couldnt get through their customer service helpline so we cancelled and moved to sky. UPC then bombarded us with great offers, offers they wouldnt give us when we were existing customers.

What about losing all the ITV channels, not even a letter or an apology about it.

• Advertisement

Jason

I am a boards.ie member and I am interested in how UPC reward EXISTING customers so this discussion is very relevent to a threads on "boards.ie UPC rewards".

I note that after months of coming onto boards and shamelessly promoting your UPC products and prices, you now feel uneasy (nay uncomfortable) discussing UPC product pricing policy for EXISTING UPC retail customers

I note that you describe your position as "Retail Sales Manager in UPC" - surely that position encompasses product pricing policy - in fact, do you know how much it costs to add a new customer over any lost business

My valid queries remain below - how does UPC justify OVERCHARGING EXISTING customers by 23% for the same product on an ongoing basis versus new customers

- now can you play the ball and not the player and answer the queries below - I shall await a constructive response from UPC Retail Sales on this

##

##

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

hi Jason,

Thanks very much, Will be your customer in 2-3 weeks time,

Aspasp1

aspasp1

Good stuff, glad to have you on board, enjoy!

Regards

Jason
    aspasp1 wrote: »
    hi Jason,

Thanks very much, Will be your customer in 2-3 weeks time,

Aspasp1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭nutzzz123

I am currently on analogue with Upc with 2 extra points, If I upgrade do I qualify as a new customer ie will I be able to avail of the pc world/carphone warehouse €250 sign up? Do not have broadband with UPC.

Would be looking at the Ultimate package with anytime calls and 1 extra box. Would I still have basic tv in the 3rd room? And how much would I be paying for extra point. Looks like €75 for package €5 for multi room and €5 for anytime calls cannot see extra point price on website.
    Thanks

Hi nutzzz123

As you already have our TV product, you can avail of the €125 voucher offer by signing up to a new Broadband/phone bundle. Your existing TV package will remain exactly as it is, pricing etc.

Full details here: www.upc.ie/retailoffer

For full details regarding your account, prices etc, please feel free to call my team direct on 1890940635, they work to 6pm, but are available tomorrow and Sunday until 6pm too. Once happy you can order directly in one of our retail partners.

Regards

Jason
    nutzzz123 wrote: »

I am currently on analogue with Upc with 2 extra points, If I upgrade do I qualify as a new customer ie will I be able to avail of the pc world/carphone warehouse €250 sign up? Do not have broadband with UPC.

Would be looking at the Ultimate package with anytime calls and 1 extra box. Would I still have basic tv in the 3rd room? And how much would I be paying for extra point. Looks like €75 for package €5 for multi room and €5 for anytime calls cannot see extra point price on website.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jason

thanks (or is that CIAO)

Hello Derryman69, threaten to cancel in their 'loyalty department' (ask to be transferred to there) and they give you whatever bundle you want. Hope this helps.

It's a shame they try and offer it to new customers and most existing ones will settle for this (which will get them more money so it's a good business move) but I do suggest you fight it on the phone, they give in to people who make a fuss.

@Jason

I filled out the form for the boards.ie offer and was contacted by one of your staff who told me that I couldn't get the bundle as it wasn't available at my address.

However I did the online signup and got the full pack and I now actually have the 50mb broadband. I even received a follow up call today from your team to say that it wouldn't be available in my area for a while yet.

I'm delighted with the speed but slightly annoyed that your own system blocked me from taking advantage of the offer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

That's interesting as i was only able to get the 25MB broadband when i signed up with the boards deal. I called a month or two previously and was told that i would be able to get up to 100MB. I just assumed that the first call i made was incorrect. When i check my address online i get green tick marks for all services but i don't see anywhere where it tells you what the maximum speed you are able to get is. Is it possible to see this online? I was hoping to get the 50MB package but ended up getting the 25MB.

@Jason

I filled out the form for the boards.ie offer and was contacted by one of your staff who told me that I couldn't get the bundle as it wasn't available at my address.

However I did the online signup and got the full pack and I now actually have the 50mb broadband. I even received a follow up call today from your team to say that it wouldn't be available in my area for a while yet.

I'm delighted with the speed but slightly annoyed that your own system blocked me from taking advantage of the offer...

Hi jimmycrackcorm

Please pm me your account number and I can check your order with my team. If we made a mistake you will of course get looked after.

Regards

Jason
    @Jason

Hi mbroaders

Our website will just confirm if broadband is available in your area, however, to get a definitive answer regarding availability, you need to talk to one of our sales agents who have direct access to your house and can see exactly what is available there. The vast majority of our broadband enabled network is now fibre powered 100mb capable, unfortunately there are still some area's that can just get 25mb at the moment, however, that is still triple the speed of other providers in those areas. We will advise you when your area has been upgraded.

Enjoy!

Regards

Jason

http://twitter.com/#!/UPC_HelpsYou_IE 13-05-2011 17:40
    mbroaders wrote: »
    That's interesting as i was only able to get the 25MB broadband when i signed up with the boards deal. I called a month or two previously and was told that i would be able to get up to 100MB. I just assumed that the first call i made was incorrect. When i check my address online i get green tick marks for all services but i don't see anywhere where it tells you what the maximum speed you are able to get is. Is it possible to see this online? I was hoping to get the 50MB package but ended up getting the 25MB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 louandphily

hi jason, i would like to switch to upc, new customer.
    i spoke to a customer care agent online earlier who said that if i chose the 75euro package and 3 multiroom, then my first bill would have a 250euro activation fee on it for getting tv points installed.
    if i do it through the boards deals will the activation be free and my first bill be 75 euro only?

Hi louandphily

Correct. Order via boards and your activation charges will be waived - and you will get a €50 voucher too..www.upc.ie/boardsoffer - it really is an excellent offer.

Enjoy!!!

Regards

Jason
    hi jason, i would like to switch to upc, new customer.
    i spoke to a customer care agent online earlier who said that if i chose the 75euro package and 3 multiroom, then my first bill would have a 250euro activation fee on it for getting tv points installed.
    if i do it through the boards deals will the activation be free and my first bill be 75 euro only?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RayMers

Im interested in the 65 euro a month, phone, broadband and digital deal, just wondering how much the first payment would if I do it with the boards.ie offer?

Thanks

Hi RayMers

It depends on the day you sign up. You will be billed €65 for the month plus a daily rate back to the day you ordered it on a pro rata basis.

Regards

Jason
    RayMers wrote: »
    Im interested in the 65 euro a month, phone, broadband and digital deal, just wondering how much the first payment would if I do it with the boards.ie offer?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Hi Jason

I was talking to one of the phone opperators the othere day,his name was Rob,anyway,how do i sign up to upc via boards to Order and have the activation charges waived

Do i pm you the package im after along with my bank detail or do i call the company and just quote boards? We just got the modem and digibox delivered today so we just need to get it switched on

Many thanks
    Chris

• Advertisement

Hi jimmycrackcorm

Please pm me your account number and I can check your order with my team. If we made a mistake you will of course get looked after.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason

PM sent and I appreciate the offer to take care of it. Just for the benefit of other posters, I was dealing with Rob who has been on the ball with the customer service, but he was unable to provide the offer for me because your system said no.

However I had also tried the online order at the same time and received the equipment which worked. I think it probably has something to do with the works going on in the blue areas in the upgrading works detailed here:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6ygvtV3kAZmOMkki33qNtm5AzhfVa5sBvzWLrANbiJIFX4YuK0g

I should be green instead of blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I concur with above poster, Rob has been spot on in all my dealings. comes back quickly and rectifies issues as they arise.

Thanks guys I will pass on your positive feedback to Rob.

jimmycrackcorm - I am checking internally to get to the bottome of it and will pm you back once I understand what happened.

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I will also say that Rob is sound to deal with. Spoke to him twice the other day and he is really helpful and a real nice guy to deal with.

Hi jimmycrackcorm

Regards

Jason

True to your word Jason, I got the call from Rob, confirming the error with the offer to sort out as you promised. I did have another problem with errors in my billing but a quick call to customer support and a pleasant lady sorted it out within 2 minutes along with pointing out that I was due a refund from my previous account and offering to transfer the rebate.

Your offering is first class and the customer service totally matches. I suspect that UPC customer service must be the most enjoyable CS job in the country at the moment...

Well done and thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

Hi jason

I am on one of your old fiber sport packages, i want to upgrade to your ultimate packaged with 50mb bb, Do i qualify for the €125 offer in d.i.d currys etc, if i do it in there?

"1.(b) Or add one of these Broadband and Home Phone bundles FIBRE POWER 25Mb, FIBRE POWER 50Mb, FIBRE POWER 100Mb and all associated upgrades.

2. For the avoidance of doubt, the UPC bundle services set out in clause 1(a) apply to new customers only and services set out in clause 1(b) apply to existing & non UPC TV customers"

I am adding a fibre power 50mb etc

Cheers for your imput on boards btw, Much appricated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Hi Jason,

Can you help me with my query please as I'm trying to finalise potential sale ?

I am currently an Analogue customer with UPC (one point) - phone and broadband are elsewhere.

If I join up for Fibre Power Ultimate plus multi room viewing in 2 extra rooms and get engineer to install- can you confirm charges please ?

Fibre Power Ultimate:
    Fibre Power Broadband 50Mb, Digital Max, Digital+, Home Phone, Freetime World. €75.00(1) €75 per month for phone, broadband and tv (digital max) : €75 per month
    (2) €40 x 3 activation charged per box : waived for boards offer?
    (3) €20 x 3 online credit for each box ? -€60

(4) Add Anytime World €5 per month

(5) Add Multiroom Viewing (2 rooms) €10 per month

Is the premium €90 per month

plus one off charges of zero for activation for 3 rooms

plus a charge of €100 for multiroom for 2 rooms

minus €60 for ordering online

so €90 per month, one off charge of €40 and free voucher of €50 via boards offer?

Option 2 go via retail: €125 voucher for tv, €90 per month, €120 activation charge & €100 multiroom - €60 for online ordering.

I am happy to go with boards offer as long as there is no charges that I'm not aware of.

Thanks

Hi Log-on

Unfortunately you do not qualify as you will be upgrading and the offer you refer to is for new sales only. You can however upgrade and move onto one of the new bundles, but as you are going to 50mb, you will need a new modem from us.

Enjoy

Regards

Jason
    Log-on wrote: »
    Hi jason

I am on one of your old fiber sport packages, i want to upgrade to your ultimate packaged with 50mb bb, Do i qualify for the €125 offer in d.i.d currys etc, if i do it in there?

"1.(b) Or add one of these Broadband and Home Phone bundles FIBRE POWER 25Mb, FIBRE POWER 50Mb, FIBRE POWER 100Mb and all associated upgrades.

2. For the avoidance of doubt, the UPC bundle services set out in clause 1(a) apply to new customers only and services set out in clause 1(b) apply to existing & non UPC TV customers"

I am adding a fibre power 50mb etc

Cheers for your imput on boards btw, Much appricated!

Hi broker2008

Order via board and all activation charges will be waived. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer Call 1890940535 and my guys will discuss pricing options etc.

Regards

Jason
    broker2008 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Can you help me with my query please as I'm trying to finalise potential sale ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Hi Jason

I'm moving next week and I'm looking into my broadband options.

According to one of your agents, I can only get the 25MB broadband option with no phone in the new place (Grenville Street, Dublin 1).
    Do you have any idea when that area will be ready for the 100mb broadband?

Cheers!
    Bruno

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement