Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

Hi J
    i have been told that the standalone charge is being scrapped can you confirm this
    achi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi Bruno Batista

We are actively working on our upgrade plan, to try get as many people onto 100mb as possible, however, I cannot commit to a date unfortunately. As it stands, you can avail of 25mb which is more then triple the speed then NGB from eircom/Vodafone.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason

I'm moving next week and I'm looking into my broadband options.

According to one of your agents, I can only get the 25MB broadband option with no phone in the new place (Grenville Street, Dublin 1).
    Do you have any idea when that area will be ready for the 100mb broadband?

Cheers!
    Bruno

Hi achiman

I can confirm that we have dropped the standalone fee if you order a broadband/phone bundle from UPC.

So here are the pricing options:

25mb Broadband, phone and freetime pack, costs €42 per month, includes free wireless router.

50mb Broadband, phone and freetime pack, costs €47 per month, includes free wireless router.

100mb Broadband, phone and freetime pack, costs €57 per month, includes free wireless router.

If you order these via boards you get free activation www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

If you prefer just to order UPC broadband with no phone or tv, them we apply a €7.75 standalone charge in that instace.

Regards

Jason
    achiman wrote: »
    Hi J
    i have been told that the standalone charge is being scrapped can you confirm this
    achi
    If you want to order new products from UPC and get a voucher for €50 to spend in the Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Want to see our products in use? Come into our new store in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street, Dublin 1 and play with our HD TV and 30mb broadband yourself. Seeing is believing.

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908 or contact us on twitter -
    http://twitter.com/#!/UPC_HelpsYou_IE Yesterday 20:51

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Bruno Batista

We are actively working on our upgrade plan, to try get as many people onto 100mb as possible, however, I cannot commit to a date unfortunately. As it stands, you can avail of 25mb which is more then triple the speed then NGB from eircom/Vodafone.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,
    Have UPC abandoned the rollout of HD and phone services to concentrate on broadband? Would love to avail of the triple play deal.
    Thanks

Hi Tarquin1970

No, on the contary, we are investing many millions of euro on the upgrade again this year to roll out additional services to our existing network. Hopefully you wont have to wait too long.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,
    Have UPC abandoned the rollout of HD and phone services to concentrate on broadband? Would love to avail of the triple play deal.
    Thanks

If you want to order new products from UPC and get a voucher for €50 to spend in the Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Want to see our products in use? Come into our new store in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street, Dublin 1 and play with our HD TV and 30mb broadband yourself. Seeing is believing.

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908 or contact us on twitter -
    http://twitter.com/#!/UPC_HelpsYou_IE Yesterday 20:51

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Hi Tarquin1970

No, on the contary, we are investing many millions of euro on the upgrade again this year to roll out additional services to our existing network. Hopefully you wont have to wait too long.

Regards

Jason

Thanks Jason, that's good to know, may get on to CS to get an estimated upgrade timeline as
    the upgrade map on the website shows my area in White....despite all around it in green!

Hi all.

Quick note to anybody who had been waiting for a woodies voucher, I have been advised that they posted them to you yesterday.

Regards

Jason

http://twitter.com/#!/UPC_HelpsYou_IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Hi Jason,

I'm waiting on a DID voucher, how long roughly does it take to get these? I got my last voucher about 2 weeks after the install, it's been over a month since I've had it done now..

Hi there unklerosco

I am afraid this offer is limited to one voucher per user as per the terms & conditions http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Regards

Jason
    unklerosco wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I'm waiting on a DID voucher, how long roughly does it take to get these? I got my last voucher about 2 weeks after the install, it's been over a month since I've had it done now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

No problem, can't complain.. the woodies voucher I got went towards my BBQ which has done me well that last year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Hi Jason.

I'm thinking about switching to UPC, but one of my colleagues here in work says that things aren't as good as they seem regarding your broadband and HDTV. He reckons that if you're doing heavy downloading and watching an HD channel, one will conflict with the other and either your download speed will drop or the picture will deteriorate!:eek:

I told him he's talking out his disposal unit, but he has sown seeds of doubt in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Hi Bruno Batista

Regards

Jason

Thank you for your reply, Jason.
    I rang your sales service and was told my area was due for the phone service "in the next week or two", which means I could avail of the triple play offer on the Carphone Warehouse (free HD TV, not too shabby!).

Any way you can confirm this for me?

Would hate to sign a contract now and miss out on a good offer for a matter of a week or two...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hi Jason,
    Existing analogue customer and currently thinking of upgrading to triple play 60 euros offer. Just wondered if its possible to get anytime world phone option instead of freetime world and how much extra per month this would cost?

Hi

A freetime bundle can be upgraded to anytime calls for just €5 extra each month. Please call my team on 1890 940635 or order via www.upc.ie/boardsoffer, and my guys can talk you through all pricing options available to you

Regards

Jason
    bullpost wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    Existing analogue customer and currently thinking of upgrading to triple play 60 euros offer. Just wondered if its possible to get anytime world phone option instead of freetime world and how much extra per month this would cost?

Hi Soarer

Our TV and broadband come in on the same cable, but operate independently of each other. If your colleague is experiencing issues, I would suggest the best route for them is to contact our technical support centre for assistance.

Regards

Jason
    Soarer wrote: »
    Hi Jason.

I'm thinking about switching to UPC, but one of my colleagues here in work says that things aren't as good as they seem regarding your broadband and HDTV. He reckons that if you're doing heavy downloading and watching an HD channel, one will conflict with the other and either your download speed will drop or the picture will deteriorate!:eek:

I told him he's talking out his disposal unit, but he has sown seeds of doubt in my head.

Added the phone to my broadband this morning around 10ish and true to form i have nothing since :mad:. i cant wait to get home from work to see what has been done this time..thank god for SKY..

CAN I SUGGEST MAYBE A UPC DIY UPGRADE PACK ....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 poolfandar

hi jason

just a quick one, have bb and phone (no tv) for €65 a month (old package), still paying standalone fee, will this be dropped automatically or do i have to call?

seems like the new bb and phone packages are good bit cheaper but will i be charged some sort of dodgy downgrade fee?

Have sky multi room but thinking of ditching it for upc if i can get on one of the new bundles, tried this last year but was told it was for new customers only....

the upc site mentions nothing about new/existing customers with regards to the new packages so what dya reckon???

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

Hi Soarer

Our TV and broadband come in on the same cable, but operate independently of each other. If your colleague is experiencing issues, I would suggest the best route for them is to contact our technical support centre for assistance.

Regards

Jason

Jason

I just ordered HD, can I get in on the offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

it's been a bit over 2 months since the order, how much does it take for you guys to send the voucher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    it's been a bit over 2 months since the order, how much does it take for you guys to send the voucher?

From the T&C on the UPC site:
    Your chosen retailer will post your voucher to you within 30 days of our services being installed.

• Advertisement

Hi there. Not sure what you are refering to. Sky do not do broadband. If you are experiencing an issue with our service, can I suggest you call our technical support number on 1908?

UPC do provide a self installation or "DIY" option to most of our customers for upgrading and for new installations.

Thanks

Jason
    achiman wrote: »
    Added the phone to my broadband this morning around 10ish and true to form i have nothing since :mad:. i cant wait to get home from work to see what has been done this time..thank god for SKY..

CAN I SUGGEST MAYBE A UPC DIY UPGRADE PACK ....

Hi Irish Kev

If you ordered HD via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer then you will qualify for the offer, if you ordered by any other means I am afraid not, the terms of the offer are very clear, it is a boards offer.

Thanks

Jason
    Irish Kev wrote: »
    Jason

I just ordered HD, can I get in on the offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Hi Jason

You didn't see my previous question so I'll ask again.

Sales service over the phone said I'd be getting phone service at my area (Grenville Street, Dublin 1) in the next week or two, so I should give them a ring in the next couple of weeks to avail of the triple play service.
    On twitter, you guys said that was wrong and no date is set for that service around there.

Turns out, though, I was talking to a neighbour and she said she got the same thing from your phone guys yesterday, saying it was a matter of weeks only.

So, what gives, just massive misinformation all around?

Hi there. Not sure what you are refering to. Sky do not do broadband. If you are experiencing an issue with our service, can I suggest you call our technical support number on 1908?

UPC do provide a self installation or "DIY" option to most of our customers for upgrading and for new installations.

Thanks

Jason

Sky means at least we had a television to watch last night when everything else was gone belly up. anyway after three more visits today we are up and running. We did ring 1908 and another 1800 number many times, anyway thanks for your reply Jason i just seem to be jinked each time someone from UPC shows up, i even get the jitters when i see a UPC van on the street and believe you me i have good reason but thats for another forum...and the reason i dont hold a UPC tv package...rgds Achi

Hi Bruno Batista

The system we use in sales just shows a "tentative" release date not an actual release date. The best advice I can give you is to keep checking our website, and when we do complete the upgrade we will likely drop a card in your door to let you know what services are now available.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason

Sales service over the phone said I'd be getting phone service at my area (Grenville Street, Dublin 1) in the next week or two, so I should give them a ring in the next couple of weeks to avail of the triple play service.
    On twitter, you guys said that was wrong and no date is set for that service around there.

T

fl4pj4ck

Call my team at 1890940635 and they can check with the retailler when they sent it to you. (They send it not us)

Thanks

Jason
    fl4pj4ck wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

I filled out the 'boardsoffer' form the week before last as I was interested in a phone/broadband combo but have heard nothing back as yet. Is there a big delay before potential customers get contacted :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

opus wrote: »
    I filled out the 'boardsoffer' form the week before last as I was interested in a phone/broadband combo but have heard nothing back as yet. Is there a big delay before potential customers get contacted :confused:

I filled in the form last week and the same day they contacted me, technician is comming today for the installation. Try to get to their CS and ask them about the delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

I currently have a digital tv package. Ordered broadband.

I filled in the form last Thursday evening.

I Got a call on Friday afternoon from upc.

I got a call from the courier today for a delivery address.

I was told it would be delivered tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Jason, I ordered the 20mb Broadband only package through the Boards offer on the 4th of April and still haven't gotten my Carphone Warehouse voucher yet. Will I PM you my details?

Hi opus

We try everybody 5 times a day for 5 days and if we havent been able to contact you we cancel the ticket. It is possible we have the wrong number for you. Please call my team direct tomorrow after 10am on 1890 940635 and they will take your order there and then.

I hope that helps

Regards

Jason

Hi Leeg17

It can take 30 days after you got installed, not orderd. Email your ticket number to retailsales@upc.ie or call 1890 940635 and my guys can try get a postal date off Carphone for you.

Regards

Jason
    Leeg17 wrote: »
    Jason, I ordered the 20mb Broadband only package through the Boards offer on the 4th of April and still haven't gotten my Carphone Warehouse voucher yet. Will I PM you my details?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

My UPC package has been in since 11th Feb now and I *still* have not received my voucher for Carphone Warehouse. I have been onto you 3 times already regarding this, so i'm assuming there is an issue with these vouchers. Can you tell us what seems to be the problem?

Regards
    Kajor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Hi opus

We try everybody 5 times a day for 5 days and if we havent been able to contact you we cancel the ticket. It is possible we have the wrong number for you. Please call my team direct tomorrow after 10am on 1890 940635 and they will take your order there and then.

I hope that helps

Regards

Jason

Thanks for following up Jason, I filled out the form a second time this morning & got a call around lunchtime. Unfortunately a wasted effort as seems I can't get UPC broadband where I live, bit strange given it's a street in Cork city centre & I can see four sometimes five UPC wireless networks showing up on my laptop from my sitting room but there you go!

opus

Sorry it hasnt worked out for you. Unfortunately in some cases we are not permitted to get a cable to some properties for various different reasons (no ducting, no permission from landlords for cable connection etc), I appreciate it can be frustrating, when you see people close to you getting our service. Believe me, if we could get you a cable we would.

Hopefully you wont have to wait too long to get connected.

Regards

Jason

Thanks for following up Jason, I filled out the form a second time this morning & got a call around lunchtime. Unfortunately a wasted effort as seems I can't get UPC broadband where I live, bit strange given it's a street in Cork city centre & I can see four sometimes five UPC wireless networks showing up on my laptop from my sitting room but there you go!

• Advertisement

hi kajor

Hope all is sorted now, please pm me if you need any more help

Regards

Jason
    Kajor wrote: »
    My UPC package has been in since 11th Feb now and I *still* have not received my voucher for Carphone Warehouse. I have been onto you 3 times already regarding this, so i'm assuming there is an issue with these vouchers. Can you tell us what seems to be the problem?

Regards
    Kajor

Hi there

In direct response to some PM's I am getting.

I can confirm that if you are an existing UPC TV customer and add broadband and phone you WILL qualify for a free €50 voucher and free activation of those.

Also, if you are an existing UPC Broadband customer and want to add phone and or TV, you too will also qualify for a €50 voucher and free activation.

Also to qualify the free Sky Sports offer.

If you do not have UPC TV and order it via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer you will get the €50 voucher, free activation, and also Free Sky Sports for 2 months if you subscribe to Sky Sports.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Hi Jason,
    I moved from Vodafone to UPC recently through the boards deals.

My phone number is still not ported (I want to keep the old number). Now I got a letter saying that I need to fill in the UAN & other details and will take 2-4 weeks to port the number.

At that time of enquiry about porting the number, I was told by UPC staff that that porting will be done automatically (once I opt for it). But its not happening in reality, why?

Is there anything you could do to get the number ported quickly?

Regards
    kpn

Hi there

To port your number over, a porting form needs to be filled in and sent back to us, we then manage the process with your provider. Once we have that form it happens very quickly. Please call my team on 1890940635 and they will assist you if you need a new porting form.

Regards

Jason
    kpn wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    I moved from Vodafone to UPC recently through the boards deals.

My phone number is still not ported (I want to keep the old number). Now I got a letter saying that I need to fill in the UAN & other details and will take 2-4 weeks to port the number.

At that time of enquiry about porting the number, I was told by UPC staff that that porting will be done automatically (once I opt for it). But its not happening in reality, why?

Is there anything you could do to get the number ported quickly?

Regards
    kpn

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Hi Jason,
    ok, I have already filled online as I have the UPC acct number and also my old provider UAN. I got a text saying that it will be transferred on 21st June so its ok.

Thanks
    kpn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

Hi Jason,

I just wanted to appreciate the job you guys r doing...its just fantastic...got my broadband after talking to you here, was very quick and literally 2 mins to install and i am very happy with it. just had a small problem which i rang and was sorted the next day..just waiting on voucher but still its only been < two weeks so no hassle in that regard..

hope u wont disappoint us..

thanks

aspasp1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

Hey Jason,

Thinking of getting a package together:

Television Digital Value €22.00
    Sky Sports pack€33.00
    Digital+ HD€5.00
    Broadband Fibre Power Broadband 50Mb €45.00

Total €105.00 per month.

Basically, i was wondering if there is a way of scraping this down too €100 a month? There's 4 of us in the house, and €25 each is pretty convenient!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Hi Jason,

I'm going to be ordering Broadband & phone off of you guys next week. I have a question though.

My house was originally set up for cable many years ago but not connected (cable there but hole not drilled :)). Would this old cable need to be upgraded for me to get service, and if so will that add a lot to installation (and make me ineligible for the free installation offer here)?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mackTheKnife

Hi Jason,

I probably should have contacted you first but in the process of querying about my bill I just asked one of your customer service representatives about the status of my boards voucher.

I then spent a painful 15mins trying to explain what the boards offer was to her and calling out the http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ URL (which she claimed she couldn't access), before I gave up. I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told that person didn't know what I was talking about either.

So my original question, my billing for broadband started on 08/04/11 ... I assume I should have gotten my voucher by now.

Theres actually not a major rush with it, I just don't want it to fall through the cracks.

Thanks,
    Mac ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭nutzzz123

Hi Jason,
    Just wondering if you can help. Had decided to change over my broadband through the boards offer triple pack to get the free instalation. Got a price over the phone from an Irish call centre. Week later get a call from a uk based call centre offering me a package .

Uk quote included 3 (plus)recording boxes , Irish quote was for 1 plus box and 2 non recording boxes. Price quoted from Uk was cheaper per month and would have 3 plus boxes. Only thing was would have to pay €60 (€40 per box with €20 credited to me) to self install boxes points already there.

Just confused on this and the other half now is thinking about cancelling upc altogether :confused:

Hi Fuctifino

You can have what you want and save a bit more by ordering this bundle

Fibre Starter HD 50mb

It will cost you €70 per month, and we will give you Free Sky Sports for 2 months, with the €33 cost being charged at the end of the offer period. Total this over the year and it will bring the overall cost down.

Order here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get free activation and a €50 voucher too

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Fuctifino wrote: »
    Hey Jason,

Thinking of getting a package together:

Television Digital Value €22.00
    Sky Sports pack€33.00
    Digital+ HD€5.00
    Broadband Fibre Power Broadband 50Mb €45.00

Total €105.00 per month.

Basically, i was wondering if there is a way of scraping this down too €100 a month? There's 4 of us in the house, and €25 each is pretty convenient!!

Hi nutzzz123

Please call my team direct on 1890940635 they will talk you through all options depending on your requirements

Regards

Jason
    nutzzz123 wrote: »
    Just confused on this and the other half now is thinking about cancelling upc altogether :confused:

Hi mackTheKnife

The voucher has nothing to do with your bill. It can take up to 30 days to be sent to you after you get installed. Please call my team on 1890940635 and my team can try get an ETA for you

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Theres actually not a major rush with it, I just don't want it to fall through the cracks.

Thanks,
    Mac ...

Hi savemejebus

Order via here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer for free installation, even if we need to bring in a new cable from outside (once there is an active cable there)

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

I'm going to be ordering Broadband & phone off of you guys next week. I have a question though.

My house was originally set up for cable many years ago but not connected (cable there but hole not drilled :)). Would this old cable need to be upgraded for me to get service, and if so will that add a lot to installation (and make me ineligible for the free installation offer here)?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Hi savemejebus

Order via here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer for free installation, even if we need to bring in a new cable from outside (once there is an active cable there)

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

Just talked to my neighbour who said they had to get new cable from the street into the house. Is that what you meant by "new cable from outside".

Thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement