Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi DonJose

Indeed, would love to get that fibre to your estate too. Hopefully not too much longer for you now. (seem to remember a large motorway in between your estate and the nearest fibre- you never know, we may find another route)

Regards

Jason
    DonJose wrote: »
    Jason sign me up to the complete package :) 300 meters of cable (or the lack of it) is keeping me from signing up, the bundle I put together totals €181/month. Hoping to see UPC in my estate one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Any idea on when Leixlip will be able to obtain this offer? I've been told "some time this year" for 3 years now, and my contract with VF is up at the moment.
    First choice is UPC so don't want to move to someone else and lock myself out for another year if it will happen this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

PM Sent.
    UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi DonJose

Indeed, would love to get that fibre to your estate too. Hopefully not too much longer for you now. (seem to remember a large motorway in between your estate and the nearest fibre- you never know, we may find another route)

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bullmccabe2010

Digital Max + = 147 Channels, including Setanta Ireland & ESPN Sports @ €35 per month, installed free and you get a €50 voucher if ordered here on boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

You will also get SKY Sports & Movies FREE for 2 months if you subscribe

Is the Sky sports/movies offer available if you subscribe to the Digital Max package or to the sports and movies package? And if so is it based on taking sky movies and sports for 12 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Hi Jason,

I still haven't got my voucher yet after signing up in May. Can you check this out for me?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Never got my voucher after signing up well over a year ago....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Are UPC in Meath with the complete bundles yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

Hi Jason...

Over a month ago now, i cancelled my SKY subscription, and Vodafone broadband, after being informed both on the website, and verbally that UPC was available in my area.

Im still awaiting connection, after being told time and time again by your phone reps that the problem is with a third party provider in the area, and the cable runs along side my house, yet there seems to be a problem with connection.

Can you look into it for me, if i PM you my address?

Thanks

Hi Fuctifino

Happy to help out if we can. Please email your name, order details, contact details and address to my team on retailsales@upc.ie and they can have a look for you.

Regards

Jason
    Fuctifino wrote: »
    Hi Jason...

Over a month ago now, i cancelled my SKY subscription, and Vodafone broadband, after being informed both on the website, and verbally that UPC was available in my area.

Im still awaiting connection, after being told time and time again by your phone reps that the problem is with a third party provider in the area, and the cable runs along side my house, yet there seems to be a problem with connection.

Thanks

Hi there.

Please call my team with your account number to hand on 1890 940635 and they can chase down the retailer straight away for you.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

I still haven't got my voucher yet after signing up in May. Can you check this out for me?

Thanks

• Advertisement

RoryW

Should take no more than 30 days, why wait a year to comment? If you want us to investigate, please email retailsales@upc.ie and we can have a look.

Thanks

Jason
    RoryW wrote: »
    Never got my voucher after signing up well over a year ago....

Hi mcgovern

Much of Leixlip has already been upgraded to broadband and most of the town can get our digital TV product also. If you wan to subscribe and avail of this boards offer you can do so now here: www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and if you can get service, we can sign you up

Thanks

Jason
    mcgovern wrote: »
    Any idea on when Leixlip will be able to obtain this offer? I've been told "some time this year" for 3 years now, and my contract with VF is up at the moment.
    First choice is UPC so don't want to move to someone else and lock myself out for another year if it will happen this year.

Hi Poly

Yes, UPC can provide all services in many towns in Meath currently, Navan, Trim etc, and Digital TV in most other parts.

You can call my team directly on 1890940635 and they can check your address for you to confirm if your home is connected.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Poly wrote: »
    Are UPC in Meath with the complete bundles yet?

If you want to order new products from UPC and get a 1/2 price bundle for 2 months, a voucher for €50 to spend in the Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical through this boards offer, and free activation of product, just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Want to see our products in use? Come into our new stores in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street, Dublin 1 & Parkway Shopping Centre, Limerick & Harbour Place, Mullingar, and play with our HD TV and the fastest broadband in Ireland yourself.

Seeing is believing.

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908 or contact us on twitter -
    http://twitter.com/#!/UPC_HelpsYou_IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Any chance that the full UPC service would be coming to Ennis, Co.Clare.
    At the moment only the TV service is available.
    Would move to UPC in an instant if they could offer their full service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi Jason

I'm am Leixlip and online it says that I cant get the phone service - aint bothered as don't really need it

But

Can I get any offers if I go the made to measure route?

I am looking at BB, Digital Max, Digital + and Skysports?

Any help appreciated

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Hi theShire

No sign of it this year in my system, sorry, hopefully you wont have to wait too long.

Regards

Jason
    theShire wrote: »
    Any chance that the full UPC service would be coming to Ennis, Co.Clare.
    At the moment only the TV service is available.
    Would move to UPC in an instant if they could offer their full service

Hi Deep Thought

Yes, if you order that here via the boards link, www.upc.ie/boardsoffer you will get fee activation of all boxes, 2 months free Sky Sports and a €50 voucher after you get installed from either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical

Bargain!

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason

I'm am Leixlip and online it says that I cant get the phone service - aint bothered as don't really need it

But

Can I get any offers if I go the made to measure route?

I am looking at BB, Digital Max, Digital + and Skysports?

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Hi Jason, sorry for going off topic for a second but two quick questions for you.

Are there any plans to get the Disney XD channel included on UPC?

I heard recently about the upcoming UPC Horizon box/system, which if I may say sounds mighty impressive, and in an article I found from 2010 (http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2010/10/15/first-pictures-of-upc-horizon-gateway/) it said it would be due to launch in Ireland in 2012, just wondering if theres any news on that and if its something thats still on the cards etc.

Hi Johnk

Sorry, I have no exposure to either of those queries I am afraid. We have just launched 2 new channels in the last 2 months, MGM HD, BBC1HD, and on September 5th we are launching True Movies and The Food Network on our cable networks.

We are always looking at ways of adding new content, so hopefully the channel you have requested is one that wil be looked at soon.

Regards

Jason
    JohnK wrote: »
    Hi Jason, sorry for going off topic for a second but two quick questions for you.

Are there any plans to get the Disney XD channel included on UPC?

:)

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dennymin

HI jason,

I am moving to a house approximatley 2500 meters out from trim, co meath. Its situated on the navan rd. The website says that it does not cover this area, but houses can get it literally get it 1500 metres away. The house has a phone line but is not connected i.e. no phone number. The part of the rd is called kilcooly, but it brings up some other area i've never heard of. I am hoping to get broadband and digital. Can you provide any assistance?

Thanks

Hi dennymin

We have upgraded the old cable TV network for all UPC services in Trim which incorporates mostly the town and estates around the town, and not outside I am afraid. Once we get outside the town, we cover digital tv by aerial, however, unfortunately, at this point we cannot provide broadband services over that network.

Regards

Jason
    dennymin wrote: »
    HI jason,

I am moving to a house approximatley 2500 meters out from trim, co meath. Its situated on the navan rd. The website says that it does not cover this area, but houses can get it literally get it 1500 metres away. The house has a phone line but is not connected i.e. no phone number. The part of the rd is called kilcooly, but it brings up some other area i've never heard of. I am hoping to get broadband and digital. Can you provide any assistance?

Thanks

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

All

Great news, this offer has been extended for a further 2 weeks. (Now ends on the 14th August)

Regards

Jason
    Hi there

Yes, I am happy to say that for a limited time, we are also allowing bundle orders that come in via boards have 1/2 price for 2 months, as well as free activation and a €50 voucher.

Here are the terms & conditions:
    2 Months half price and free connection & a €50 voucher with boards orders

Offer is only valid when people buy via www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and only applies to the Triple Play (TV, Broadband/Phone) and Dual Play (Broadband/phone) bundles.

This is a 4 week offer running from today until 31st July, at which point the standard boards offer commences again.

The 1/2 price for 2 months offer is only applicable when you order a new Triple Play or Broadband/phone Bundle.

Upgrades to an existing bundle do not qualify.

If you also take a new HD, MRV, Anytime World subscription on top of the bundles outlined will have the ½ promotion applied to the full amount.

e.g. Fibre Power Starter €65 plus Digital+HD €5, MRV €5 and Double your speed to 50Mb for €5 and Anytime €5 = €85 - ½ price offer applied = €42.50

Product Up-sells such as Sky Sports and Setanta will not have the ½ price offer applied regardless if purchased at the same time as a bundle.

If you order just one new product, you will still get free activation and a €50 voucher, please view the terms here and place your order www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

**Please note, if you order anywhere else before you see this offer, unfortunately you will not qualify. You must order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks for your understanding.

Any questions on this, just email retailsales@upc.ie or feel free to call my team direct until 6pm 1890940635

Enjoy!

Thanks a million

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

I have a question, I'm due to move into a new house I have just bought in the next week, I think it already has UPC installed from the last owner but as I'm a new customer would this qualify me for this deal.

Thanks

Hi there epopnomis

Yes, once you are a new customer and order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer you will qualify

Regards

Jason
    epopnomis wrote: »
    I have a question, I'm due to move into a new house I have just bought in the next week, I think it already has UPC installed from the last owner but as I'm a new customer would this qualify me for this deal.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hi UPC Jason, tried to order Fibre Power Starter (50mb). I am an existing digital TV customer. Got an e-mail from UPC to say that I cannot subscribe to this package (despite ticking the box to say I'm a TV subscriber during the registration process). Can you confirm that this is the case please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

is there a phone number for UPC that a human will answer (not automated choices)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hi ya

HI Jason Trying to order a dvr box for my mother in law on the upc and it comes up error because she is not a direct debit customer .is there any way around this can she order through yourself through the upc link on boards.

Hi Krusty_Clown

Fibre power starter 50 is for new customers only. You can however order the Fibre 50 bundle, which adds 50mb broadband and home phone freetime to your existing tv subscription. Call 1890940635, my guys will happily help you out

Regards

Jason

Regards

Jason
    Hi UPC Jason, tried to order Fibre Power Starter (50mb). I am an existing digital TV customer. Got an e-mail from UPC to say that I cannot subscribe to this package (despite ticking the box to say I'm a TV subscriber during the registration process). Can you confirm that this is the case please?

If it is a sales query 1890940635 untill 6pm. If it is customer service call 1908, it is a machine answering initially, but will connect you to the relevant department where a person will pick up

Regards

Jason
    mari2222 wrote: »
    is there a phone number for UPC that a human will answer (not automated choices)

Hi ya Hi ya

If you want a DVR Digital + box, you must pay by direct debit, it is a UPC business rule.

Thanks

Jason
    Hi ya wrote: »
    HI Jason Trying to order a dvr box for my mother in law on the upc and it comes up error because she is not a direct debit customer .is there any way around this can she order through yourself through the upc link on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I applied for this through the boards link and got a call back from a customer rep. She took my bank account details and asked me about what package i wanted etc, she told me i'd have an engineer out to see me on Friday the 5th. Free installation and a voucher will be posted in a month.

So the engineer came out and told me that the tv isn't switched on at the cap and that another team will have to come out to do that before he can turn on our tv. He said someone would be in touch.

I rang this morning because no ones been in touch and was told i'd no services setup on my account at all, and they couldn't understand how anyone had told me anything, because id no services set up on the account. She put me onto sales who asked me what package i wanted and said there would be a 100 euro charge for installation. I told them i went through this link and its free installation and the guy said fine, he'd take that off for me.

So he's told me thursday is the earliest he can arrange the installer to come out, i told him that the ntl boxes are on the wall in both rooms and just to make sure that its switched on at the cap outside. He said he made a note.

But if i wait till thursday and im told that its not switched on outside, i'll cancel and go with sky because this has been a mess. Not a good start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hi a few questions:-

I am already a TV/broadband customer, if I order a digital recorder thingy is this classfied as a new product and will I benefit from the €50 offer?

When I try and order the box online, it asks me for my direct debit details, as I am already a customer could UPC not use the details they have already ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I applied for this through the boards link and got a call back from a customer rep. She took my bank account details and asked me about what package i wanted etc, she told me i'd have an engineer out to see me on Friday the 5th. Free installation and a voucher will be posted in a month.

So the engineer came out and told me that the tv isn't switched on at the cap and that another team will have to come out to do that before he can turn on our tv. He said someone would be in touch.

I rang this morning because no ones been in touch and was told i'd no services setup on my account at all, and they couldn't understand how anyone had told me anything, because id no services set up on the account. She put me onto sales who asked me what package i wanted and said there would be a 100 euro charge for installation. I told them i went through this link and its free installation and the guy said fine, he'd take that off for me.

So he's told me thursday is the earliest he can arrange the installer to come out, i told him that the ntl boxes are on the wall in both rooms and just to make sure that its switched on at the cap outside. He said he made a note.

But if i wait till thursday and im told that its not switched on outside, i'll cancel and go with sky because this has been a mess. Not a good start!

Just took an hour off work to be told its still not turned on at the tap. Rang customer service to get told the same thing as the first time, "no services are setup, no ones told us anything"

This is retarded. I'll be ringing sky to see if its possible to get it installed in our apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ilavela

Hi Jason,

just asking for confirmation, I am about to move to new house and it has 4 tvs. I would like to get 1 Digital+HD (€10) and 3 Digital+ (€5 each). This is possible right?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭laurynsmam

Hi Jason

Just got my bill taken out of my account & it seems I have been over charged. I signed over to the Phone & Broadband Bundle with Anything World...Therefore the amount should be €47 per month.

It seems that i am being charged for my phone & broadband seperately...

Any way you can sort this out for me please or do I have to get onto customer service myself tomorrow.

thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sammy1301

Hi jimmycrackcorm

Please pm me your account number and I can check your order with my team. If we made a mistake you will of course get looked after.

Regards

Jason

hi Jason
    I believe u represent UPC in this Website i was told that i m gonna get a voucher afetr a month so far no sign of anything can u give me some advice how to get my voucher?
    thank u

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭laurynsmam

Any update on my query above also by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Can you tell me if it is possible to get UPC Digital tv, phone, broadband etc.. in ashtown D.15??????

I checked the address on the UPC website but it says no service available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

Hi Fuctifino

Happy to help out if we can. Please email your name, order details, contact details and address to my team on retailsales@upc.ie and they can have a look for you.

Regards

Jason
    Originally Posted by Fuctifino
    Hi Jason...

Thanks

Hi Jason, i left it as i got word that you were coming out to install the following tuesday... It is now another month and i'm left in the dark.

I'm going to send my details through ok?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

i was considering joining UPC through the boards.ie offer, but having read some of the experinces on here i think i'll leave it.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

who_ru wrote: »
    i was considering joining UPC through the boards.ie offer, but having read some of the experinces on here i think i'll leave it.:cool:

Well I'm with UPC since xmas, have to say the experience has been fantastic. Brilliant 20meg broadband that has rarely gone down on me that has a 250gb download limit.. soon to upgraded to 25meg with a 500gb download allowance F.O.C., a phone with free off-peak calls and I have the basic digital package with free Setanta and ESPN and HD all for less than I was paying for an 8meg line from Vodafone(that was off more than it was on) and basic SKY tv without HD.

Seriously UPC have upped their game a hell of a lot recently and my experience with their Customer Service has been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Just an observation. If you come on here to promote an offer and I understand you got a lot of business here, you should have someone also to answer the non sales questions if you can't answer. Forums can make or break a company. The answers need to be quicker especially as you haven't paid for a Talk To thread under Biz.

I did switch via boards and here's my feedback.

1. UPC don't communicate properly with ICL (the installers) as quite a bit of info was missing from their call sheet
    2. twice they did not turn up when they were diaried to - confirmed dates and times with UPC call centre.
    3. Wrong box installed
    4. Query over first bill which took a long time to get answer via web and eventually rang up to sort out. Wasn't given full discounts agreed on this thread.
    5. The bills are difficult to understand and I believe there is an error on the vat amount on one part of the bill. I think I have been overcharged, only small amount but enough to annoy me but not enough to ring or send email to get someone to explain.
    6. TV package not bad, signal good. Broadband ok - bit disappointed with speed of 25mb, not your fault though. Streaming is very slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Jason
    Cam you confirm that UPC have just increased the Broadband/TV/Ph triple offer from €60 to €65?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Can you tell me if it is possible to get UPC Digital tv, phone, broadband etc.. in ashtown D.15??????

Hi, sorry, no, unfortunately your developer did a deal with another provider and there was no access granted to UPC for cabling in your scheme.

Regards

Jason

Hi there

No. The bundle for €65 that we are promoting is the Fibre Freedom bundle which includes ESPN. If you still want the €60 Fibre starter bundle that is still available to order.

Regards

Jason
    okidoki987 wrote: »
    Jason
    Cam you confirm that UPC have just increased the Broadband/TV/Ph triple offer from €60 to €65?

Hi broker2008

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass it on to the relevant managers. Seems to me you are still experiencing an issue with your speed, please call 1908, and go to the technical support tea,, or email retailsales@upc.ie with your account number and your issue and I will pass it on for you.

Regards

Jason
    broker2008 wrote: »
    I did switch via boards and here's my feedback.

Hi Fuctifino

Please do, would be happy to help

Regards

Jason
    Fuctifino wrote: »
    Hi Jason, i left it as i got word that you were coming out to install the following tuesday... It is now another month and i'm left in the dark.

I'm going to send my details through ok?

Thanks

Hi there

Please email my team on retailsales@upc.ie and we will chase it up for you straight away.

Regards

Jason
    sammy1301 wrote: »
    hi Jason
    I believe u represent UPC in this Website i was told that i m gonna get a voucher afetr a month so far no sign of anything can u give me some advice how to get my voucher?
    thank u

• Advertisement

Hi ilavela

Yes you can have 4 digital boxes in your home, however, your pricing is incorrect. The price for each additional Digital + box is actually €8.75, but you could have a standard Digital box for €5 each.

Regards

Jason
    ilavela wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

just asking for confirmation, I am about to move to new house and it has 4 tvs. I would like to get 1 Digital+HD (€10) and 3 Digital+ (€5 each). This is possible right?

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement