Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi Mr.Crinklewood

As you are already a TV customer, your order is classified as an upgrade, so unfortunately does not qualify for this offer. Sorry

Regards

Jason
    Hi a few questions:-

I am already a TV/broadband customer, if I order a digital recorder thingy is this classfied as a new product and will I benefit from the €50 offer?

When I try and order the box online, it asks me for my direct debit details, as I am already a customer could UPC not use the details they have already ?

Hi there

I do not have your account details so cannot help you. Please call 1908 and go to the billing section. If there has been an error, then they will fix it for you straight away.

Regards

Jason

laurynsmam wrote: »
    Hi Jason

Just got my bill taken out of my account & it seems I have been over charged. I signed over to the Phone & Broadband Bundle with Anything World...Therefore the amount should be €47 per month.

It seems that i am being charged for my phone & broadband seperately...

Any way you can sort this out for me please or do I have to get onto customer service myself tomorrow.

thanks a mil

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***

Hi TheZohan

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Jason
    TheZohan wrote: »
    Well I'm with UPC since xmas, have to say the experience has been fantastic. Brilliant 20meg broadband that has rarely gone down on me that has a 250gb download limit.. soon to upgraded to 25meg with a 500gb download allowance F.O.C., a phone with free off-peak calls and I have the basic digital package with free Setanta and ESPN and HD all for less than I was paying for an 8meg line from Vodafone(that was off more than it was on) and basic SKY tv without HD.

Seriously UPC have upped their game a hell of a lot recently and my experience with their Customer Service has been great.

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Hi Gone Drinking

Just back from holiday so just picking this up now.

PLease PM me the ticket number you received after ordering the through boards link and I will chase up straight away for you. The original sale may have failed due to no service being available, and just needs to be setup again.

Regards

Jason

Just took an hour off work to be told its still not turned on at the tap. Rang customer service to get told the same thing as the first time, "no services are setup, no ones told us anything"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭Nollog

I haven't received my carphone warehouse voucher yet, Jason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Hi Jason

Im really sorry to bother you about this,i was wondering how long it would take to get the carphone warehouse voucher. We ordered back in May. Think it was about the 12th of May and ive beening holding off on buying a new phone cos i was going to put this voucher towards it and my phone has recently decided to go to the big phone shop in the sky and finally died :(

Sorry for bothering you. Hope ya had a good holiday

Chris

Hi Nollag

Please call 1890940635 with your account number and my guys can call the retailer and get a tracking number for you. Could have got lost in the post

Thanks

Jason
    /\/ollog wrote: »
    I haven't received my carphone warehouse voucher yet, Jason.

Hi discobeaker

Thanks.

No worries, please call 1890940635 and my guys can chase it up for you straight away.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason

Im really sorry to bother you about this,i was wondering how long it would take to get the carphone warehouse voucher. We ordered back in May. Think it was about the 12th of May and ive beening holding off on buying a new phone cos i was going to put this voucher towards it and my phone has recently decided to go to the big phone shop in the sky and finally died :(

Sorry for bothering you. Hope ya had a good holiday

Chris

Hi

I have had a few PM's asking to clarify what this offer is all about, so here it goes. It is a reward scheme for boards users

If you are interested in signing up for a new UPC product or products, you can do so via boards, here on www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and as a boardie, you will be rewarded with free activation of the products and a €50 voucher from either D.I.D Electrical or Carphone Warehouse.

A couple of small print rules:
    Upgrades do not qualify.
    1 voucher per customer.
    Voucher will be sent to you direct by the retail partner within 30 days after you get installed.
    If you do not order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer you will not qualify for this offer.
    Any queries relating to this offer MUST be directed to the UPC retail support team on 1890 940635 or by email on retailsales@upc.ie

Thanks a million

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Got my voucher today and got upgraded from 12MB to 20MB BB

Nice

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Fair play Jason, you gave all the replies to all the queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Redskins

Jason,

I currently have TV, Phone & broadband with a 30mb connection, can you tell me how much it will cost to upgrade to a 50mb connection?

Customer account no 70817574-1

Thanks & Regards

Hi Redskins

Not in the office today so cannot see what bundle you are on. I have asked my team to call you today to discuss. You can call them direct also yourself on 1890940635. If you are on an existing bundle you will be able to move onto a new 50mb bundle, however you will need a new modem, and we can arrange that for you.

Thanks

Jason
    Redskins wrote: »
    Jason,

I currently have TV, Phone & broadband with a 30mb connection, can you tell me how much it will cost to upgrade to a 50mb connection?

Customer account no 70817574-1

Thanks & Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭epopnomis

What's the situation in getting more upc points distributed through the house, who do I contact for this? Just ordered the bundle but forgot to ask...

Hi epopnomis

Call 1890940635 my team can add them for you

Regards

Jason
    epopnomis wrote: »
    What's the situation in getting more upc points distributed through the house, who do I contact for this? Just ordered the bundle but forgot to ask...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Hi i was talking to one of your representatives on monday but my phone died and they haven't got back to me. Its 61 derrynane square

Hi there papajimsmooth

Please call 1890940635 and you will get them directly until 6pm (we may have the wrong number?)

Thanks

Jason
    Hi i was talking to one of your representatives on monday but my phone died and they haven't got back to me. Its 61 derrynane square

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

hi Jason

I have phone, 25 MB broadband and Digital Max tv with an extra point. I pay 90 monthly plus call charges. The offer here offers the same package (except its a 50mb broadband) for 75e. Can I avail of that offer or is it only for new customers.

Richard

Hi there richrdjjd

Click through here www.upc./boardsoffer and order phone. My guys will talk you through bundle options when they call you to confirm

Regards

Jason
    richardjjd wrote: »
    hi Jason

I have phone, 25 MB broadband and Digital Max tv with an extra point. I pay 90 monthly plus call charges. The offer here offers the same package (except its a 50mb broadband) for 75e. Can I avail of that offer or is it only for new customers.

Richard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Thanks Jason. I'm confused. I already have the phone (as well as tv and broadband). My question is, can I avail of the cheaper price on offer for a better service on the UPC site?

• Advertisement

Recently I ordered this deal from upc and didn't take the phone that was offered to me for 15 euro at the time I ordered. I've since realise that the phone I did have was broken, is there anyway I can avail of this 15 euro phone offer now... Surely I can still get the offer on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Just to confirm Jason; it's a 12 month contract with the final 3 months free correct?
    I'll be purchasing it for the upcoming academic year and as you know: won't be there the full year.! :pac:

richardjjd

Sorry, I misread your post. As you already have all products, if you want to move package you will need to talk to us directly on 1908. Thanks

Jason
    richardjjd wrote: »
    Thanks Jason. I'm confused. I already have the phone (as well as tv and broadband). My question is, can I avail of the cheaper price on offer for a better service on the UPC site?

Hi there

Sorry, this offer is limited to one per customer. As you availed of it already unfortunately you will not qualify on the phone

Regards

Jason
    Recently I ordered this deal from upc and didn't take the phone that was offered to me for 15 euro at the time I ordered. I've since realise that the phone I did have was broken, is there anyway I can avail of this 15 euro phone offer now... Surely I can still get the offer on the phone?

Hi Doocey

The student offer is for all bundles, (you can now take a triple play bundle)a new contract will be entered into, but you will now actually get the last 4 months free if you sign up. (Summer months FREE!!!!)

Order new products via boards for free activation and a €50 voucher too www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason

Doocey wrote: »
    Just to confirm Jason; it's a 12 month contract with the final 3 months free correct?
    I'll be purchasing it for the upcoming academic year and as you know: won't be there the full year.! :pac:

I didn't get a phone when I got the offer, thats the thing...

Hi epopnomis

Customers do not auotmatically get a phone off UPC, they need to order it at point of sale.

If you now want to order phone, then you are free to do so, order by calling my team on 1890940635 or via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer (you will get free activation but as you have already received a voucher the last time you ordered tv & broadband you wil not get a second one. ) I hope that clarifies it for you.

All the best

Regards

Jason

I didn't get a phone when I got the offer, thats the thing...

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval*** Yesterday 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Leeg17

I am on the road today, can you please email retailsales@upc.ie or call 1890940635 and my team can chase it up for you straight away

Thanks

Jason

Only got around to ringing them last week, got a call back the next day quoting my voucher number to be used in store. As always good customer support.

Thanks Jason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Article in yesterday's Sunday Times Money Supplement.

UPC Cutting Broadband prices.
    UPC will tomorrow (Monday) cut its 25mb B/band offer bundled with
    Cable TV and Free off peak phone calls to €40 per month.
    50 MB package cut to €45 &
    100 MB to €57 a month with €20 connection fee.
    Nothing about it on the site :confused:
    Anybody hear or know anything about this?

• Advertisement

Hi okidoki987

Our website will be updated ASAP to reflect these changes.

UPC have dropped the price of all broadband bundles for anybody ordering from today.

We are also increasing ALL broadband customers downloading limits to an incredible 500gb AUP each month, including our existing broadband subscribers.

New broadband bundle prices:

Fibre 25. 25mb Fibre power broadband, c/w phone freetime, now costing €40 per month (was €42)

- Students ordering this from today, will get the last 4 months FREE (All next summer)

Fibre 50. 50mb Fibre power broadband, c/w phone freetime, now costing €45 per month (was €47)

- Students ordering this from today, will get the last 4 months FREE (All next summer)

Fibre 100. 100mb Fibre power broadband, c/w phone freetime, now costing €50 per month (was €57)

If any student wants to order a triple play bundle, they are also now available with 4 months free.
    Fibre Essential- Digital Select extra with ESPN +, 25mb Broadband, home phone freetime costing €65 per month

Fibre Starter - Digital Value +, 25mb Broadband, home phone freetime costing €60 per month

Fibre Ultimate - Digital Max +, 50mb Broadband, home phone freetime costing €75 per month

Connection on all the above will be €20 per box if you install yourself, or €40 per box if UPC install everything for you. Or - Connection is free if you order via boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

We are also dropping many call charges too, for example off peak calls to mobile phones now cost just 10c per minute.

We are very pleased and excited to announce the addition of 2 new channels to our EPG. The Food Network and True Movies 1 will broadcast across our cable platform from Tuesday, 6th September.

The Food Network (Ch. 508) – Available to cable DTV customers on the value pack or higher.

True Movies 1 (Ch. 328) – Available to cable DTV customers on the value pack or higher.

With these price drops, and download increases, UPC are now the clear choice for consumers in Ireland, (including students) because we bundle, we can give you the lowest everyday price for all 3 services at just €60 a month.

I hope that helps. Dont forget to order new products here via boards and you will get free activation and a €50 voucher too www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Article in yesterday's Sunday Times Money Supplement.

UPC Cutting Broadband prices.
    UPC will tomorrow (Monday) cut its 25mb B/band offer bundled with
    50 MB package cut to €45 &
    100 MB to €57 a month with €20 connection fee.
    Nothing about it on the site :confused:
    Anybody hear or know anything about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

i applied via the boards offer a few months back....i never got the voucher

washout

Sorry about that. Please call my team now on 1890940635 and they can investigate for you, chase up the retailer for a tracking number, you should have had it within 30 days.

Thanks

Jason
    Washout wrote: »
    i applied via the boards offer a few months back....i never got the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Exuberant

Are there any offers for just broadband and television?

Hi Exuberant

Yes there are indeed offers for new customers who want to order just TV & Broadband.

For example, order any new service via boards here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get free installation and a €50 voucher. (see t&c's)

If you order a new Digital TV service, starting at just €20.75 per month, (or €23 for Digital Value +) you will get Free Sky Sports and Setanta 1 for 2 months free also. (Plus the boards offer)

Students who would like just Digital Value + TV & 25mb broadband, can sign up to this for just €58 per month, and they will get the summer months totally FREE (Thats 4 months service free of charge) - and if they want the Free Sky Sports & Setanta 1 offer too they can have that also. (Plus the boards offer)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

Exuberant wrote: »
    Are there any offers for just broadband and television?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

I just signed up for 20mb broadband and the digital value + for €48 per month and I have to commend the rep I was chatting to (Samantha).
    Oh and the two months free sky movies and sports (as long as I cancel before the free trial runs out)

I just want to double check about the broadband connection:
    Since I already have a wireless router I said I didn't need the €50 wireless router that I was offered. I will be given a cable router by UPC, which I can then connect to my wireless router via an ethernet cable?

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Just called UPC after a call from them in response to the boards offer. They told me they can't send a €50 voucher to me! Told me to go to Carphone warehouse and order the upc there.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

washout

Sorry about that. Please call my team now on 1890940635 and they can investigate for you, chase up the retailer for a tracking number, you should have had it within 30 days.

Thanks

Jason

thanks Jason,

I actually totally forgot about it due to personal issues.then I saw this thread and remembered.

Ill call 2morrow just back form being out all day

Roger

If you spoke to my team they would have advised you that to qualify for an offer you need to order via the correct channel.

In this case, to qualify for a €50 voucher via boards you need to order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

They may also have meant is that we do ot send out the vouchers, our retail partners do.

However Carphone Warehouse also have their own UPC offer, and to qualify for that you must order in their shop. Could it be confusion between the two offers? www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Regards

Jason
    Just called UPC after a call from them in response to the boards offer. They told me they can't send a €50 voucher to me! Told me to go to Carphone warehouse and order the upc there.:(

Hi ciarraioch1

If your existing wifi router is cable compatible then yes you can use it, if it is a normal DSL one then it will NOT work with fibre power broadband from UPC - totally different technology, you will need one from us or you can buy one from PC World or DID Electrical.

We can sell you one for €49.99 now or you can have one free if you upgrade to 25mb, but you will need to call my team at 10am in the morning to ensure your original order has not been processed.

Thanks

Jason

I just signed up for 20mb broadband and the digital value + for €48 per month and I have to commend the rep I was chatting to (Samantha).
    Oh and the two months free sky movies and sports (as long as I cancel before the free trial runs out)

I just want to double check about the broadband connection:
    Since I already have a wireless router I said I didn't need the €50 wireless router that I was offered. I will be given a cable router by UPC, which I can then connect to my wireless router via an ethernet cable?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tx Jason.

I assume the ST are wrong or am I reading something wrong?
    ST UPC will tomorrow (Monday) cut its 25mb B/band offer bundled with

UPC
    Fibre 25. 25mb Fibre power broadband, c/w phone freetime, now costing €40 per month (was €42)

i.e. no Cable TV?

• Advertisement

Hi okidoki987

I wouldnt like to comment on what was actually printed in that paper as I did not read it, however, I can confirm that my post is right, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74237041&postcount=1231 .

Regards

Jason
    okidoki987 wrote: »
    Tx Jason.

I assume the ST are wrong or am I reading something wrong?
    ST UPC will tomorrow (Monday) cut its 25mb B/band offer bundled with
    UPC

i.e. no Cable TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

If your existing wifi router is cable compatible then yes you can use it, if it is a normal DSL one then it will NOT work with fibre power broadband from UPC

(potentially stupid question) Since I haven't ordered the €50 wireless router, will I be provided with some form of wired modem for the cable broadband?

The wireless router I have is one of the fonera routers, so it has no built in modem. Will whatever I get from upc give me an ethernet cable output that I can then plug into my wireless router?

Thanks!

Hi ciarraioch1

UPC will provide you with a cable modem on 20mb which you can plug directly into your computer or connect a compatible wireless modem into, or you could opt for the UPC wifi router @ €49.99, or upgrade to 25mb and get a free wifi router

Regards

Jason

(potentially stupid question) Since I haven't ordered the €50 wireless router, will I be provided with some form of wired modem for the cable broadband?

The wireless router I have is one of the fonera routers, so it has no built in modem. Will whatever I get from upc give me an ethernet cable output that I can then plug into my wireless router?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Sidetracker

I wonder, now at 18 months down the road, what do all of the 2010 posters have to say about their deals. It would be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Pretty happy with mine tbh. 4 months free internet, €50 voucher, free installation, great internet, customer service has been fairly decent (aside from one or two small feckups).

I forgot to mention that anybody ordering Digital TV (on its own or in a bundle) from us at the moment can also sign up and get Sky Sports free for 2 months, and also Setanta 1 free for 2 months.

If you are a rugby fan, why not take HD from us and you will get Setanta HD, which is showing every match in the rugby world cup tournament that started this morning.

Digital Value HD costs just €27 per month. (87 TV & Radio channels including Setanta HD) - SD costs just €23

Or

Digital Select Extra HD costs just €36 (126 Tv & radio channels in cluding Setanta HD & ESPN HD) SD costs just €32

Or

Digital Max HD costs just €40 (149 Tv & radio channels in cluding Setanta HD & ESPN HD) SD costs just €35

Order here if you are interested www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    Hi okidoki987

Our website will be updated ASAP to reflect these changes.

UPC have dropped the price of all broadband bundles for anybody ordering from today.

We are also increasing ALL broadband customers downloading limits to an incredible 500gb AUP each month, including our existing broadband subscribers.

New broadband bundle prices:

Fibre 50. 50mb Fibre power broadband, c/w phone freetime, now costing €45 per month (was €47)

Fibre 100. 100mb Fibre power broadband, c/w phone freetime, now costing €50 per month (was €57)

If any student wants to order a triple play bundle, they are also now available with 4 months free.
    Fibre Essential- Digital Select extra with ESPN +, 25mb Broadband, home phone freetime costing €65 per month

Fibre Starter - Digital Value +, 25mb Broadband, home phone freetime costing €60 per month

Fibre Ultimate - Digital Max +, 50mb Broadband, home phone freetime costing €75 per month

Connection on all the above will be €20 per box if you install yourself, or €40 per box if UPC install everything for you. Or - Connection is free if you order via boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

We are also dropping many call charges too, for example off peak calls to mobile phones now cost just 10c per minute.

We are very pleased and excited to announce the addition of 2 new channels to our EPG. The Food Network and True Movies 1 will broadcast across our cable platform from Tuesday, 6th September.

The Food Network (Ch. 508) – Available to cable DTV customers on the value pack or higher.

True Movies 1 (Ch. 328) – Available to cable DTV customers on the value pack or higher.

With these price drops, and download increases, UPC are now the clear choice for consumers in Ireland, (including students) because we bundle, we can give you the lowest everyday price for all 3 services at just €60 a month.

I hope that helps. Dont forget to order new products here via boards and you will get free activation and a €50 voucher too www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason

And if you could channel your problems through "Boards" as well it would give a more complete picture to base decision making on.

Hi sidetracker

Currently UPC do not have a talk to forum on boards, however, hopefully that may happen soon. In the mean time, you can talk to us on twitter

Twitter

UPC_HelpsYou_IE: If you’re looking for any information about our services, or have a billing or technical support query, just tweet us with any questions you might have. We’re available from 11am to 7pm, Monday to Friday.

And if you could channel your problems through "Boards" as well it would give a more complete picture to base decision making on.

From my experience over the past Year, UPC do not have any kind of talk forum with their Customers, except when they are Selling.

Sidetracker

Our twitter service is for customer service only, no sales activity takes place at all on that medium. This thread however, is a sales forum, and you chose to contact me directly on it not vice versa.
    Twitter

UPC_HelpsYou_IE:

If you need particular assistance with something then please PM me and if I can help I will try my best.

Regards

Jason
    From my experience over the past Year, UPC do not have any kind of talk forum with their Customers, except when they are Selling.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement