Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi dory

If you order 25mb, 50mb of 100Mb you will get a free wifi router from us.

Regards

Jason
    dory wrote: »
    Hello!

I tried to sign up to the student offer in college on Tuesday. Was told an engineer would be out to see if my area is suitable in 2 days or so and haven't heard peep yet. I've filled out the boards form now anyway because at least then it'd be free installation and a €50 voucher.

Can you just clarify the wireless router thing. The guy in college said it comes with it but it seems on the website like that is usually an extra thing. Which is it?
    Cheers

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***

Hi

As a direct response to several PM's I have received regarding the UPC student offer, here are a couple of regularly asked questions answered:

Q Is this offer still ongoing?
    A Yes

Q Can I order it here on boards and qualify for the boards offer?
    A Yes, assuming you are a new customer or are ordering a new product off us.

Q What exactly do I get?
    A You can order Broadband, a broadband bundle, or all services (triple play bundles), and get the last 4 months next summer FREE OF CHARGE. You will also get your products activated free and get a free €50 voucher once you order via here frst www.upc.ie/boardsoffer (see terms & conditions)

Thanks

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Havent received my voucher, who do i contact?

Hi papajimsmooth

Sorry about that, it can take 30 days after you get installed. Please call my team on 1890940635 tomorrow after 10am and they can get an ETA for you straight away from the retailer

Cheers

Regards

Jason
    Havent received my voucher, who do i contact?

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

As an existing customer (out of contract), can I avail of (any parts of) the boards/student offers if I sign up for another 1-year contract?

Pet

If you are still a student your account will continue into a second year without you having to do anything, and you will get the offer again for a second year - (you do not need to sign up again)

Thanks

Jason
    Pet wrote: »
    As an existing customer (out of contract), can I avail of (any parts of) the boards/student offers if I sign up for another 1-year contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Great! Do I need to ring up to confirm that? Don't want to turn around in 9 months and have a series of awkward phonecalls...would like some kind of record.

Hi

You can of course call us on 1890940635 if that is your reference. Or you could decide to add TV & phone this year as they are also available on the student deal this year with 4 months free.

Thanks

Jason
    Pet wrote: »
    Great! Do I need to ring up to confirm that? Don't want to turn around in 9 months and have a series of awkward phonecalls...would like some kind of record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hi Jason,

I signed up to UPC yesterday. Ordered Fiber Power essential with Skysports, setanta premium and digital+HD... is it too late for me to avail of the €50 voucher?

I was aware of this deal but it slipped my mind.

thanks!

Hi Trilla

If your order has been loaded I am afraid so. To qualify, you need to order via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Regards

Jason
    Trilla wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I signed up to UPC yesterday. Ordered Fiber Power essential with Skysports, setanta premium and digital+HD... is it too late for me to avail of the €50 voucher?

I was aware of this deal but it slipped my mind.

thanks!

• Advertisement

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Trilla

If your order has been loaded I am afraid so. To qualify, you need to order via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Regards

Jason

:( Pity. I filled out the form saying I'm an existing customer, even though nothing is installed yet. Worth a shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Melendez

Yes, you are entitled to cancel within cooling off period once the products havent been installed. In order to qualify for this offer though, a waiting period of 5 days after cancellation is required, or else the system just reactivates the originl order.

If Trilla is prepared to do that then, he/she needs to cancel now by calling 1908, and wait 5 days, then place the order again via www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    Melendez wrote: »
    If you ordered online, are you not entitled to cancel within 7 days? Then you could sign up again using the deal.

Melendez wrote: »

Thanks Melendez, good idea but I'm hoping someone at UPC could push this through without it coming to that! :)

Its hassle and I would like my service installed asap. Cheers again all

Trilla

I would love to help, but due to Irish data protection laws and internal UPC business rules, changes to accounts/cancellations must be done by whoever te account holder is.

If you want to go ahead with the change you will need to pick this up personally

Thanks

Jason
    Thanks Melendez, good idea but I'm hoping someone at UPC could push this through without it coming to that! :)

Its hassle and I would like my service installed asap. Cheers again all

Trilla

I would love to help, but due to Irish data protection laws and internal UPC business rules, changes to accounts/cancellations must be done by whoever te account holder is.

If you want to go ahead with the change you will need to pick this up personally

Thanks

Jason

No problem Jason. one last quick question sorry. Do you know if there is an installation charge for the package I ordered?

[Fiber Power essential 25mb, Skysports, setanta premium and digital+HD]

Hi Trilla

It depends on where you ordered it. If you ordered online and opted to install the boxes yourself then you will have no activation charges. However, f you ordered elsewhere you will be charged €40 per box if we install it or €20 per box if you install yourself.

Regards

Jason
    No problem Jason. one last quick question sorry. Do you know if there is an installation charge for the package I ordered?

[Fiber Power essential 25mb, Skysports, setanta premium and digital+HD]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

Hi Jason,

Just wondering do UPC have any loyalty bonus or offers. My family have been with UPC/Chours Ntl for at least 9 years now. We have our internet phone and tv with them and we have never got a any sort of special offer or discount off them over the recent years. We dont even have a record box yet my sister who signed up with them after she moved out got a new customer bonus so she has the same as us Sports and Box etc but still pays less then us :confused:
    Is there anything you can do ?

Joe

Hi Joekers

All customers get an offer when they sign up and your family would have also at that stage.

I am sure however we could assist you and get you onto an improved package. (HD TV for example). There is also an offer with Setanta at the moment, at just €9.99 for existing customers for 2 months if that interests you. (normally €15)

Please get the account holder to call us on 1890940635 before 6pm and we will have a look for you.

Regards

Jason
    Joekers wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Just wondering do UPC have any loyalty bonus or offers. My family have been with UPC/Chours Ntl for at least 9 years now. We have our internet phone and tv with them and we have never got a any sort of special offer or discount off them over the recent years. We dont even have a record box yet my sister who signed up with them after she moved out got a new customer bonus so she has the same as us Sports and Box etc but still pays less then us :confused:

Joe

• Advertisement

Hi Joekers

Have you contacted us with your account details?

Regards

Jason
    Joekers wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Jason,

I live in shared accommodation with two mates. One (who name is on the UPC bill) is off travelling so looked to switch the her name off the UPC bill and have my name put on it. Fair enough.

When she enquired about doing this, she were told that this can't be done and that she needs to cancel the contract. Additionally, UPC will have to call out and collect the box.

She told them, that the remaining tenants want to keep on the service, but was told that the box has to be physically removed. She was told that the remaining tenant would just need to phone UPC, explain the situation and the service would be reconnected at no additional cost. It seemed absurd to us but was told that that company policy

Today I phone UPC to get connected again - our service was disconnected on Friday (was meant to be disconnected yesterday, missed the match on Saturday morning) and the box collected yesterday. I was told that we would have to pay a connection fee for the Cable TV and a connection fee for the broadband. The absurd method now became a lot clearer.

Can you justify these extra 'connection' fees?
    The house is wired for the service - literally the box is all that was removed.
    Can I collect the box myself (seeing that i had to disconnect the box for the technician, I'm sure I can re-connect it), thus avoiding the fee?

Doinker

Hi Doinker

If the person was in contract they cant cancel to go travelling without having cancellation charges being applied.

We can set up a new account, in the new tenants names, prior to the boxes being collected and we can reconnect them - that is no problem.

This is then a new account, and all new account activation fees are applied. These are not extra, they are standard for new accounts being activated.

If you want to get connected, order now via boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and we will arrange an immediate connection for you and you will be connected free of charge. (Tell my guys when they call you that you are looking to reactivate existing boxes)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Doinker wrote: »
    Jason,

I live in shared accommodation with two mates. One (who name is on the UPC bill) is off travelling so looked to switch the her name off the UPC bill and have my name put on it.

Doinker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

I haven't received my voucher as part of the deal, I applied about 6 weeks ago..

S.

Hi epopnomis

It can take 30 days not after you order but after you get installed for the voucher to be sent.

Please call my team on 1890940635 they can check immediately with the merchant who register post each voucher out, and they can get you an ETA

Thanks

Jason
    epopnomis wrote: »
    I haven't received my voucher as part of the deal, I applied about 6 weeks ago..

S.

• Advertisement

Hi Jason,

Sent the below mail to the UPC boards.ie and UPC online sales email addresses... is there any other action i can take?

thanks,
    Trilla.

************************************************************************************************************************
    Dear sir/madam,

I received my UPC equipment yesterday by courier. There was however a problem with the delivery.

I did not receive a HD Box. Also, the remote for the box that I did get is not working properly.

I rang the Freephone installation help number at UPC and was transferred to the sales department. The person on the end of the phone from the sales department was not very helpful I must admit and without warning transferred me to customer support, which was closed! So I had no option but to ring the Freephone installation again. I again was passed on to sales and a more helpful person (which wasn't hard) who told me to my disappointment I must go through the agent and that it may be Friday the 14th until this situation is resolved.

The agent in this case is someone from boards.ie@rigneydolphin.ie I believe.

I'm very disappointed as up until this point I've received calls from 3 different numbers, delt with 5 different departments/parties (Customer service, sales, courier, technicians, boards.ie agents) who push me on to other departments when an issue occurs.

Hi there

Please PM me your account number and I will get you sorted

Thanks

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Sent the below mail to the UPC boards.ie and UPC online sales email addresses... is there any other action i can take?

thanks,
    Trilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Hi Jason,

I ordered UPC TV and Internet packages as a new customer this afternoon (telephone is not currently available at my address) and I would like to know how I go about retrospectively applying claiming the voucher that I am eligible for as a boards user. Presumably I won't be forced to avail of my cooling off entitlement and then re-order through the link process? I have entered into the form at said link the same details that I used to order today, and am expecting contact from UPC in the next 24 hours.

Also Jason, can you also outline what exactly I am entitled to? What does your mention above (quoted) of 4 months free subscription refer to?

Thanks in advance,

P.
    Q What exactly do I get?
    A You can order Broadband, a broadband bundle, or all services (triple play bundles), and get the last 4 months next summer FREE OF CHARGE. You will also get your products activated free and get a free €50 voucher once you order via here frst www.upc.ie/boardsoffer (see terms & conditions)

Thanks

Jason

Hi babymanval

As you ordered via other means first, then in order to qualify for this offer you will need to cancel that order and my team can reload your order after 5 days as a boards order. That is a system driven procedure and I cannot influence it in anyway I am afraid. When my team call you, explain this, and they can assist you.

The offer you asked me about relates to our current student offer.

Regards

Jason
    babymanval wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I ordered UPC TV and Internet packages as a new customer this afternoon (telephone is not currently available at my address) and I would like to know how I go about retrospectively applying claiming the voucher that I am eligible for as a boards user. Presumably I won't be forced to avail of my cooling off entitlement and then re-order through the link process? I have entered into the form at said link the same details that I used to order today, and am expecting contact from UPC in the next 24 hours.

Also Jason, can you also outline what exactly I am entitled to? What does your mention above (quoted) of 4 months free subscription refer to?

Thanks in advance,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Hi Jason,
    Hi Doinker

If the person was in contract they cant cancel to go travelling without having cancellation charges being applied.

We weren't looking to cancel the contract. We wanted to change the name and keep the contract.

We can set up a new account, in the new tenants names, prior to the boxes being collected and we can reconnect them - that is no problem.

We were told that this was not possible as the box would have to be physically removed from the house.

If you want to get connected, order now via boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and we will arrange an immediate connection for you and you will be connected free of charge. (Tell my guys when they call you that you are looking to reactivate existing boxes)

The box has already been removed, can we still avail of the free connection fee?

Doinker.

• Advertisement

Doinker

To put your name on an old account you need to create your own account/contract.

By being told the box needs to be taken away, I am afraid you were misadvised I am afraid, sorry about that.

If you order via boards you will get free activation www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

We weren't looking to cancel the contract. We wanted to change the name and keep the contract.

We were told that this was not possible as the box would have to be physically removed from the house.

The box has already been removed, can we still avail of the free connection fee?

Doinker.

Hi Doinker

Hope you got sorted, if you need help just drop me a PM

Thanks

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Doinker

To put your name on an old account you need to create your own account/contract.

By being told the box needs to be taken away, I am afraid you were misadvised I am afraid, sorry about that.

If you order via boards you will get free activation www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason

Just to let you know we were also informed that we had to remove the old equipment and receive new equipment. We were quite happy to jsut use the existing equipment and renew the contract (as it was up) in a different name...

Doesn't matter now as in the end we decided to change to HD and finally got it up and running, with help from yourself.

regards
    Trilla

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lorrscann

my advise - stay well away from upc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Sidetracker

Sound advise, Lorrscann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Hi Jason,

Been approx two months now and still no voucher :(

I'm going to PM you my account number. Can you sort this a.s.a.p? Please don't ask me to telephone UPC customer service

Hi WIZWEB

Got your PM, and we tried calling you earlier and left a VM. PLease call my team tomorrow on 1890940635 after 10am and they can check the retailer for a date for your voucher, you should have had it a long time ago. They do send them by registered post, so it should be easy to track for you, sorry for the delay

Thanks

Jason
    WIZWEB wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Been approx two months now and still no voucher :(

I'm going to PM you my account number. Can you sort this a.s.a.p? Please don't ask me to telephone UPC customer service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Jason, we're thinking about getting UPC 25mb + Digital Basic (I think it's called - 22e a month?) in this new house. Would it be possible to use both the student offer of 4 free months in the summer with the Boards.ie offer?

To confirm, it's €57 a month for 25mb + Digital basic. This might be a stupid question but you can record with the digital basic yea?

Hi there Leeg17

If you want student TV and broadband with no phone, you must order Digital Value + (which pauses & records) & 25mb Broadband. This costs €58 per month. You can order it here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

You could order the above with phone and freetime call pack for an extra €2 (Fibre Starter Bundle @ €60)

By the way, the student offer expires on the 30th November...

Enjoy

Regards

Jason
    Leeg17 wrote: »
    Jason, we're thinking about getting UPC 25mb + Digital Basic (I think it's called - 22e a month?) in this new house. Would it be possible to use both the student offer of 4 free months in the summer with the Boards.ie offer?

To confirm, it's €57 a month for 25mb + Digital basic. This might be a stupid question but you can record with the digital basic yea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Hi there Leeg17

If you want student TV and broadband with no phone, you must order Digital Value + (which pauses & records) & 25mb Broadband. This costs €58 per month. You can order it here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

You could order the above with phone and freetime call pack for an extra €2 (Fibre Starter Bundle @ €60)

By the way, the student offer expires on the 30th November...

Enjoy

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

Landlady was having none of the TV ideas we had, she wants to keep SKY (:(), anyways we went with the 25mb broadband with the 4 months free student offer. We're getting the service installed by a tech, was meant to be here tomorrow but was delayed until Tuesday, bit disappointed and annoyed because apparently the sign-up never went through on the system.

Going to give your people a call tomorrow to make sure that it's coming Tuesday, and not delayed again...

• Advertisement

I have been out of the country for the last week.

Getting to them now

Regards

Jason

Hi Leeg17

Hope all got sorted. PM me if you need any assistance

Regards

Jason
    Leeg17 wrote: »
    Going to give your people a call tomorrow to make sure that it's coming Tuesday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Just wondering can the voucher only be used by the person whose name it is in, or can anyone redeem it..

thanks

Hi there

They are not our vouchers, they are issued and tracked by the retail partners in the name of the recipient, so must be used by the recipient

Thanks

Jason
    Tiesto wrote: »
    Just wondering can the voucher only be used by the person whose name it is in, or can anyone redeem it..

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ah sickened.

Just ordered the Student Package yesterday and didn't know you could combine it with the voucher offer. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Well my UPC Bills and text reminders arrive like clockwork but several months after joining up to this offer I've still no voucher. Several weeks ago I left a message here and I got a voicemail saying it would be here in a week......:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

I'm in the same boat, have contacted customer service twice now about DID voucher, they have told me next week and then next week. Its been 3 months since I signed up... I can PM you my account number if it would be helpful....

HI guys

It shouldnt take more than 30 days after you get installed, so if there is a delay there is probably a genuine reason ( could be wrong address, not there to sign for registered letter, never collected from post office etc)

Hundreds of people have ordered via this offer and have received their free installation and vouchers, so I am very sorry you have experienced a delay.

Calling UPC customer service will not get you your voucher I am afriad as the vouchers are not issued by us, they are issued directly by registered post by our retail partners, so all queries need to go via the UPC retail support line. (Different department and location) - Please call 1890940635 or if you prefer email retailsales@upc.ie and quote your UPC account number, and my team will be able to check with the retailer the tracking number of your registered voucher, and get an ETA for you.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

In answer to a couple of PM's.

Yes, you can order via boards, get free activation plus a €50 voucher for carphone warehouse or DID Electrical & the FREE Sky Sports for 2 months offer also.

This means any new UPC TV customer that signs up here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer will get both offers & free activation. - Bargain

Regards

Jason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭steviej25

Hi Jason.
    Do you know if and when the upc broadband will be available in all of Clare.
    Thanks in advance
    Stevie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement