Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Switched to UPC but cannot get the phone to work plus just got my first bill and it's €20 ove charged. Bit miffed with this as my sister has had big problems with being overcharged and finding it VERY difficult to have it rectified. Really don't want to have a fight on my hands :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi et101

Please call 1908 - the billing team, they will talk you through your first bill as it includes a pro rata charge back to that day you got installed.

This might help also
    http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/127/session/L3NpZC9SZ25kT2JLaw%3D%3D/p/20

Regards

Jason

et101 wrote: »
    Switched to UPC but cannot get the phone to work plus just got my first bill and it's €20 ove charged. Bit miffed with this as my sister has had big problems with being overcharged and finding it VERY difficult to have it rectified. Really don't want to have a fight on my hands :(

hi steviej25

We currently have no immediate plans to cable rural parts of Clare, we do however provide broadband in Shannon, and digital tv aross significant parts of the county.

Regards

Jason
    steviej25 wrote: »
    Hi Jason.
    Do you know if and when the upc broadband will be available in all of Clare.
    Thanks in advance
    Stevie

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hi Jason

My order was processed through Boards eventually and I've had the service since September but there is still no sign of the voucher?

thanks
    Trilla

• Registered Users Posts: 32 willynt

Hi Jason,

I'm currently live in Blackock, and have eircom dsl connection.
    15th of Dec, I'm moving to a house in Clonskeagh, where I can get UPC (broadband+phone).
    How long before the UPC connection is operational (average)?
    Should I register few days before, to minimize the down time?

Thx

• Advertisement

hi trilla

sorry abount that. please call my team tomorrow after 10am on 1890940635, they can check with the post office as all are sent registered

Regards

Jason

=Trilla;75705211]Hi Jason

My order was processed through Boards eventually and I've had the service since September but there is still no sign of the voucher?

thanks
    Trilla[/QUOTE]

Hi there willynt

You can order now via boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and we can ensure that all can be delivered to you on the day you move in (we can deliver them to your job or your house)

This way you will get installed free of charge and will also get a €50 voucher too

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    willynt wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I'm currently live in Blackock, and have eircom dsl connection.
    15th of Dec, I'm moving to a house in Clonskeagh, where I can get UPC (broadband+phone).
    How long before the UPC connection is operational (average)?
    Should I register few days before, to minimize the down time?

Thx

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 carcarcar

Jason,
    I ordered the whole shooting gallery in UPC - tv, broadband and phone and had it installed in August. Still no sign of my Carphone Warehouse voucher?

Hi carcarcar

I assume you ordered via this link? www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

If so, then please call my team on 1890940635 and they can check with Carphone Warehouse, as all vouchers get sent by registered post

Thanks

Jason
    carcarcar wrote: »
    Jason,
    I ordered the whole shooting gallery in UPC - tv, broadband and phone and had it installed in August. Still no sign of my Carphone Warehouse voucher?

Hi All

In answer to a couple of PM queries. -

Yes, you can still order products from UPC now in time for Christmas. (Unlike some of our competitors) - We will be taking orders right through Christmas week, as with self installation, you can have your order delivered within a couple of days.

Don't forget, if you order Digital TV from us now as a new customer you will also get SKY Sports free for 2 months, and if you order your new UPC products via this link on boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer you will get free activation and a €50 voucher to spend in Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical.

Happy Christmas boardies!!!

Regards

Jason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Jason,
    Looking for some advise please. I'm looking at getting a new connection with the fibre power ultimate package with an additional room. If I get the boards offer does it give free install and activation for both rooms ?
    Secondly there seems to be a deal going with a €250 voucher with DID if I take this deal with them (not the boards deal). But I'm not sure what the connection and activation costs will be, so the boards offer could be better. What you think ?

Hi Gerry T

Happy to help.

If you order via boards than all your activation fee's will be waived. This will give you a saving of €120 as we charge €40 activation per box, and you will have 3 boxes, the main Set top box, your broadband modem and your additional set top box. You will also get a voucher to spend of €50 in either DID Electrical or Carphone Warehouse. Total benefit to you of €170. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

If you order in DID, then you will need to pay the €120 activation fee's on your first bill. You will then get a €250 voucher from them to spend in their. www.upc.ie/retailoffer or direct to DID http://community.did.ie/sign-up-to-upc-and-get-a-free-netbook

You can save €20 per box if you install the boxes yourself, rather than have our technicians install for you.

Both offers have their merits

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Gerry T wrote: »
    Jason,
    Looking for some advise please. I'm looking at getting a new connection with the fibre power ultimate package with an additional room. If I get the boards offer does it give free install and activation for both rooms ?
    Secondly there seems to be a deal going with a €250 voucher with DID if I take this deal with them (not the boards deal). But I'm not sure what the connection and activation costs will be, so the boards offer could be better. What you think ?

Thanks jason, looks easier if I get UPC to do the install/activation. Sorry for all the questions but does the boards offer include install. By this I mean the house has an active UPC port in one room but the second room will require a UPC cable installed. My guess is this will be charged on the DID offer but does the boards offer include this cable install cost ?

Gerry T

If you required cabling to another room that will incur a €50 charge, regardless of what channel you order from.

Thanks

Jason
    Gerry T wrote: »
    Thanks jason, looks easier if I get UPC to do the install/activation. Sorry for all the questions but does the boards offer include install. By this I mean the house has an active UPC port in one room but the second room will require a UPC cable installed. My guess is this will be charged on the DID offer but does the boards offer include this cable install cost ?

Thanks Jason, great advise and so much faster than trying to phone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BDubliner

Jason,

Quick question for yourself. Is it still possible to avail of the student offer?

Hi BDubliner

No, sorry, that offer expired in November

Regards

Jason
    BDubliner wrote: »
    Jason,

Quick question for yourself. Is it still possible to avail of the student offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BDubliner

Cheers for that Jason.

If I contacted UPC today would there be a chance of getting it set up before Christmas? I'm in the Dublin 9 area. I'd be installing it myself and the house is already fitted with upc connection points from the previous tenant.

Hi BDubliner

Yes, you should have no problem being connected on time.
    order here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and my guys will call you very shortly afterwards, or you can call them directly on 1890940635 and mention boards.

Regards

Jason

Regards

Jason
    BDubliner wrote: »
    Cheers for that Jason.

If I contacted UPC today would there be a chance of getting it set up before Christmas? I'm in the Dublin 9 area. I'd be installing it myself and the house is already fitted with upc connection points from the previous tenant.

Happy new year! :D I hope you have a positive and bright 2012.

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us in UPC, and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (PLUS free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

Hi Jason,

I am an existing UPC TV customer with 2 HD + boxes and 1 standard + box on max pack.
    I am now considering switching from Eircom to UPC for Phone + Broadband ..

I want to get for the Fibre Power Max as it would be cheaper than adding Fibre Power 25 to my existing setup. I see from your website that it is now possible for existing customers to get the same packs as new customers ..

I would like to take advantage of the offer where I can get a 125 Euro voucher in 1 of the retail stores by upgrading, but I'm not sure if the store will be able to set me up with Fibre Power Max as an existing customer,ás it doesn't seem to be an option for them :
    2. To be eligible for this Voucher Offer you must subscribe to one of the UPC Bundles at (a) or (b) below in one of the stores referred to in clause 1 above:

(a) A new UPC customer purchasing the following UPC TV, Broadband and Phone bundles: Fibre Power Essential, Fibre Power Max, Fibre Power Ultimate;

(b) A new UPC customer subscribing to one of the following bundles or an existing UPC TV customer adding one of the following Broadband and Phone bundles to their existing TV account: Fibre Power 25Mb, Fibre Power 50Mb, Fibre Power 100Mb.

Can you advise what would be the best way for me to do this ?

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob11

No worries, please order instore, they will select a broadband bundle which will qualify for their offer, and when my team call you to confirm, they will line you up with the bundle you require, discuss all options and will load the sale for you then. Once you add a broadband and phone package to your TV in a retail outlet, then you will qualify for the offer.

Regards

Jason
    bob11 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I am an existing UPC TV customer with 2 HD + boxes and 1 standard + box on max pack.
    I am now considering switching from Eircom to UPC for Phone + Broadband ..

I want to get for the Fibre Power Max as it would be cheaper than adding Fibre Power 25 to my existing setup. I see from your website that it is now possible for existing customers to get the same packs as new customers ..

I would like to take advantage of the offer where I can get a 125 Euro voucher in 1 of the retail stores by upgrading, but I'm not sure if the store will be able to set me up with Fibre Power Max as an existing customer,ás it doesn't seem to be an option for them :
    2. To be eligible for this Voucher Offer you must subscribe to one of the UPC Bundles at (a) or (b) below in one of the stores referred to in clause 1 above:

(a) A new UPC customer purchasing the following UPC TV, Broadband and Phone bundles: Fibre Power Essential, Fibre Power Max, Fibre Power Ultimate;

(b) A new UPC customer subscribing to one of the following bundles or an existing UPC TV customer adding one of the following Broadband and Phone bundles to their existing TV account: Fibre Power 25Mb, Fibre Power 50Mb, Fibre Power 100Mb.
    Can you advise what would be the best way for me to do this ?

Cheers,

Bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

My experience of this offer:

Went via the link in the first post and got a call back that day from UPC. Appointment made for two days later. Guy turns up on his own and advises that he'll need extra help as he would need to run a line over the roof. Not the end of the world. Two man crew arrives a few days later, run the line but then the signal fails the test. Advised by customer service that the line requires "2nd line maintenance" and that the engineer would would be out in the new year. Took a day off work to be around for when he was due to turn up. He never showed. Rang customer service and they could not explain why he didn't turn up. Another appointment made. Guys turn up but from the TV repair division rather than the guys who do the second line maintenance stuff. Advised that the signal on the line is too bad for it to work. This is despite the fact that my neighbour from downstairs gets broadband service from UPC. Eventually advised that the service will be repaired "in a week or two".

Really poor show and can't see any reason not to go with Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Mezcita wrote: »

Went via the link in the first post and got a call back that day from UPC. Appointment made for two days later. Guy turns up on his own and advises that he'll need extra help as he would need to run a line over the roof. Not the end of the world. Two man crew arrives a few days later, run the line but then the signal fails the test. Advised by customer service that the line requires "2nd line maintenance" and that the engineer would would be out in the new year. Took a day off work to be around for when he was due to turn up. He never showed. Rang customer service and they could not explain why he didn't turn up. Another appointment made. Guys turn up but from the TV repair division rather than the guys who do the second line maintenance stuff. Advised that the signal on the line is too bad for it to work. This is despite the fact that my neighbour from downstairs gets broadband service from UPC. Eventually advised that the service will be repaired "in a week or two".

I can really sympathise with you there... I had some very similar problems myself with getting set up... My advice would be to stick with it and they will get it right eventually and once they do, it will have been all worth while, there is no comparison with eircom... The UPC Internet is superb :D

Hi Mezcita

Sorry to hear you had some issues. We obviously want to sign up as many people as we can, most installations go perfect, however, unfortunately issues can arise technically, and when they do, a system kicks in to resolve that issue.

I would like to try to assist you get sorted if at all possible. Please PM me your details and we will see if we can get you looked after ASAP.

Regards

Jason
    Mezcita wrote: »

If you want to order new products from us in UPC, and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (PLUS free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Mezcita

Sorry to hear you had some issues. We obviously want to sign up as many people as we can, most installations go perfect, however, unfortunately issues can arise technically, and when they do, a system kicks in to resolve that issue.

I would like to try to assist you get sorted if at all possible. Please PM me your details and we will see if we can get you looked after ASAP.

Regards

Jason

Cheers Jason. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 boriordan

I signed up over a month ago with the Boards €50 voucher offer for DID. It hasn't arrived yet. Who should I contact or can you check it Jason?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian

In some instances it can take 30 days after you get installed (not ordered)

Please call my team on 1890940635 and they can check with the retailer for a registered post update

Thanks a million

Regards

Jason
    boriordan wrote: »
    I signed up over a month ago with the Boards €50 voucher offer for DID. It hasn't arrived yet. Who should I contact or can you check it Jason?

Thanks,

Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Hi Jason,

I'm currently with Sky, sports and movies pack (one Sky+ Box and a second normal box in another room).

Total bill €83pm.

I'm looking for broadband, and am not terribly concerned with speed, and if it made sense would be looking to switch TV provider too.

Any thoughts on a package that'd suit?

• Advertisement

Hi connundrum

Do you have broadband from another provider also? If so, can I assume you are paying €40 + per month for it?

If so, you are paying a total of approximately €123+ per month for your TV, Broadband and phone.

Our newest pack is the Fibre Max pack. If you were to consider this one, you would save approximately €50 per month (€600 per year) by switching all services to UPC.

It costs €71 per month. (€76 with a second multiroom box)
    It has our full range of TV channels including Animal Planet, Home, TCM, Universal, ESPN, Disney Channel, Disney Junior and more , and comes with a Digital Plus Box, which you can pause/record/series link etc (Very popular with families, see http://www.upc.ie/television/digitalmaxplus/)

It also has 25mb Fibre power broadband (triple the speed of your current broadband), a free wifi router, Home Phone, and the freetime world call pack, which includes local/National and International calls.

If you would like to go ahead, order via boards here: www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get installed free of charge and you will also get a voucher for €50 too!!!

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    connundrum wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I'm currently with Sky, sports and movies pack (one Sky+ Box and a second normal box in another room).

Total bill €83pm.

I'm looking for broadband, and am not terribly concerned with speed, and if it made sense would be looking to switch TV provider too.

Any thoughts on a package that'd suit?

Hi Boardies

Just for you, we have decided to extend the 1/2 price bundles for 2 months to this boards exclusive offer, on top of the free activation and €50 voucher from either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical.

To qualify, you must order a new bundle here only www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

This is for a limited time only, terms and conditions apply, upgrades do not qualify.

Enjoy !

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Hi Jason

Do you know if UPC broadband will be available in Balrothery or Balbriggan anytime soon?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

I never got my voucher when I signed up for triple play, over a year waiting......!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lifianmis

Hi Jason,

I'm with UPC for analogue channels and am thinking of changing to UPC for phone/broadband.Would I be eligable for DID voucher?

Hi there

There are no immediate plans for Balrothery, significant parts of North Balbriggan are already connected to all UPC services.

Thanks

Jason
    dubmick wrote: »
    Hi Jason

Do you know if UPC broadband will be available in Balrothery or Balbriggan anytime soon?

Thanks

• Advertisement

RoryW

All vouchers are sent by registered post within a month of you being installed. Why wait a year to chase it up? Please call my team on 1890940635 and they will pick it up immediately for you

Thanks

Jason
    RoryW wrote: »
    I never got my voucher when I signed up for triple play, over a year waiting......!

Hi lifianmis

Yes of course, order via here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Upgrades to an existing product do not qualify (so if you just upgraded analogue to digital, however, you are ordering 2 new products, so you will)

Enjoy

Regards

JAson
    lifianmis wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I'm with UPC for analogue channels and am thinking of changing to UPC for phone/broadband.Would I be eligable for DID voucher?

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first two months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (including free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

(Please see the terms & conditions)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Jason,

my housemate is moving away but I am staying at the property. The account is in his name and what I would like done is it transferred over to my name and bank details changed. Will that be an issue or do I have to start again?

thanks

Hi there

Call my team before 6pm on 1890940635 and we will look after you

Regards

Jason
    Africa wrote: »
    Jason,

my housemate is moving away but I am staying at the property. The account is in his name and what I would like done is it transferred over to my name and bank details changed. Will that be an issue or do I have to start again?

thanks

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first two months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (including free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

Hi Boardies

Just for you, we have decided to extend the 1/2 price bundles for 2 months to this boards exclusive offer, on top of the free activation and €50 voucher from either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical.

To qualify, you must order a new bundle here only www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

This is for a limited time only, terms and conditions apply, upgrades do not qualify.

Enjoy !

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason:

I can't find the 2 months half price deal from www.upc.ie/boardsoffer or upc.ie, is it only available for boards.ie members?

Also do we have to pick up Fiber Power Max to avail the 2 months half price? Will Fiber Power Essential package avail this offer? What's the difference between these two packages?

Best Regards

• Advertisement

Hi mudxfxa

The offer I mentioned of 1/2 price for 2 months, a €50 voucher and free activation is exclusive to Boards members and you must order via this link www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Anybody ordering a new bundle on www.upc.ie also get 1/2 price for 2 months currently.

My team will confirm all aspects with you after you enquire via the link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

You can order any of our new bundles to qualify

Terms & conditions apply

Enjoy !

Thanks

Jason
    mudxfxa wrote: »
    Hi Jason:

I can't find the 2 months half price deal from www.upc.ie/boardsoffer or upc.ie, is it only available for boards.ie members?

Also do we have to pick up Fiber Power Max to avail the 2 months half price? Will Fiber Power Essential package avail this offer? What's the difference between these two packages?

Best Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

Hi mudxfxa

The offer I mentioned of 1/2 price for 2 months, a €50 voucher and free activation is exclusive to Boards members and you must order via this link www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Anybody ordering a new bundle on www.upc.ie also get 1/2 price for 2 months currently.

My team will confirm all aspects with you after you enquire via the link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

You can order any of our new bundles to qualify

Terms & conditions apply

Enjoy !

Thanks

Jason

Thanks Jason, last question, when the two months half price offer will expire? I'm moving into a new house in two weeks time and I don't want to miss the delivered package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

Hi Jason,

I got a letter through the door about Fiber power broadband coming to Ashbourne and im interested in switching over, would you have any more details on when this is being rolled out ?

Gary

Gary

No worries, it will still be available within your timeframe. I expect this offer to remain in place for a couple of months.

You could also order now and we will deliver to you when you move.

Regards

Jason
    mcgrailg wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I got a letter through the door about Fiber power broadband coming to Ashbourne and im interested in switching over, would you have any more details on when this is being rolled out ?

Gary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Any idea when the cabling will be installed in Blackrock, Co.Dublin to enable customers of UPC avail of the 3 way bundle?

Hi sgt.bilko

Yes, a considerable amount of Blackrock has already been upgraded to all UPC services over the last year.

Please email my team on retailsales@upc.ie for them to arrange a survey for you, or just fill in the offer link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and they will check for you

Thanks

Jason
    sgt.bilko wrote: »
    Any idea when the cabling will be installed in Blackrock, Co.Dublin to enable customers of UPC avail of the 3 way bundle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

Gary

No worries, it will still be available within your timeframe. I expect this offer to remain in place for a couple of months.

You could also order now and we will deliver to you when you move.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

I am currently in the premise and was asking when you expect it to be upgraded. Can you tell me how i can go about ordering it now in preparation of the area being upgraded,

Best Regards,

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Jason, quick question about installation costs and going through DID or CPW to get a larger voucher. I'm only looking for phone and broadband, the package at €40.50 a month, and am a potentially new UPC customer.

If i'm right - if I go through boards I get free installation, 2 months half price (€41 benefit), and a €50 voucher. - €91 and free installation benefit.

If I go through CPW, or DID, it seems that I'll get a €125 voucher. My question on this offer, is because I've never had UPC I presume i'll have to pay for installation - how much is this? Is there any part I can self install myself? (we fairly techie). Also, if going through this voucher way, can you also avail of the 2 months half price?

thanks

Hi

You can only order products off us when they are available for sale and you are ready to contract. We do not have the ability to take orders for products not yet available in our system

Thanks

Jason
    mcgrailg wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I am currently in the premise and was asking when you expect it to be upgraded. Can you tell me how i can go about ordering it now in preparation of the area being upgraded,

Best Regards,

Gary

Hi alowe

If you order via a retail partner you will pay €45 activation fee if you require UPC to install it, or €30 if you choose to activate your broadband yourself. There is also an additional charge of €25.40 if you require a phone handset, we provide a siemens dect phone.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    alowe wrote: »
    Jason, quick question about installation costs and going through DID or CPW to get a larger voucher. I'm only looking for phone and broadband, the package at €40.50 a month, and am a potentially new UPC customer.

If i'm right - if I go through boards I get free installation, 2 months half price (€41 benefit), and a €50 voucher. - €91 and free installation benefit.

If I go through CPW, or DID, it seems that I'll get a €125 voucher. My question on this offer, is because I've never had UPC I presume i'll have to pay for installation - how much is this? Is there any part I can self install myself? (we fairly techie). Also, if going through this voucher way, can you also avail of the 2 months half price?

thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement