Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Hi - do you know when the Cabinteely region will be covered in terms of phone and broadband?

Regards,

Thirdfox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Hey, just a couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to use other DECT phones with the set up (e.g. a bundle of 3-4 phones in Argos)?

2) Does my desktop have to connect to the router wirelessly or can I use it wired? Everything else in the house is fine for wireless but would rather not bother with a wireless adaptor for the desktop.

3) I currently have a basic analogue package. I pay for my subscription annually by credit card. I have therefore paid for my package (320 odd euro) which will last me until December. Will you credit this against an upgraded package?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭stocktrader

I want to sign up as a new customer to UPC just for fibre broadband. can I get this 50 euro voucher or whats the deal? it appears to be 25 for the broadband a month plus the 8 euro standalone charge.

can you confirm any deal I can get? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi there

There are no immediate plans for Balrothery, significant parts of North Balbriggan are already connected to all UPC services.

Thanks

Jason

that's a pity as it is where I am based. It's a big enough area now so hopefully we'll see UPC soon!

Thanks for getting back to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi there

Please email my team on retailsales@upc.ie with your full details and address and we may be able to see a release date for you

Regards

Jason
    Thirdfox wrote: »
    Hi - do you know when the Cabinteely region will be covered in terms of phone and broadband?

Regards,

Thirdfox

Hi stocktrader

Yes you will get the voucher if you order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

You are correct you can order 20mb broadband for €25.41 per month with an additional charge of €7.67 as you are ordering broadband on its own.

Regards

Jason

I want to sign up as a new customer to UPC just for fibre broadband. can I get this 50 euro voucher or whats the deal? it appears to be 25 for the broadband a month plus the 8 euro standalone charge.

can you confirm any deal I can get? thanks

Hi johnfás

1) Yes, you can use any dect phones with our home phone service.

2) You can of course connect to our modem by cable.

3) Yes we will indeed credit your account. _ I have good news for you. As you are a current analogue customer of ours, and you are ordering home phone, you get the phone off us free of charge (no monthly charge - ever, this is an additional special offer. (saving you €6.10 per month))

Regards

Jason

johnfás wrote: »
    Hey, just a couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to use other DECT phones with the set up (e.g. a bundle of 3-4 phones in Argos)?

2) Does my desktop have to connect to the router wirelessly or can I use it wired? Everything else in the house is fine for wireless but would rather not bother with a wireless adaptor for the desktop.

3) I currently have a basic analogue package. I pay for my subscription annually by credit card. I have therefore paid for my package (320 odd euro) which will last me until December. Will you credit this against an upgraded package?

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first two months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (including free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

(Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

Hi Jason,

I would like to ask a few questions regarding the first two months half price offer that you have. Since I couldn't find any relative information on upc.ie, could you please confirm if this offer is still available?

Can I order a 20 Mb broadband + phone line? Is the monthly cost 25 + 6.5 = 31.50 euros? Does the first two months half price stand in this case?

Do I also get 50 euro voucher from ordering like this, since this is not a bundle offered on your website?

Regards

Hi s982102

Yes, you can order 20mb Broadband and home phone (cable modem, not wireless), your total montly cost will be €31.51.

You can order that via this boards offer, and get your activation fee's waived and a €50 voucher, however, you will not get that 1/2 price for 2 months, as that offer only applies to new bundles sold.

You could order Fibre 25, which is 25mb Broadband (c/w wireless router,) home phone including local, National and International calls included for €40.50, and you will get that 1/2 price for 2 months.

The choice is yours.

I hope that information helps

Regards

Jason
    s982102 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I would like to ask a few questions regarding the first two months half price offer that you have. Since I couldn't find any relative information on upc.ie, could you please confirm if this offer is still available?

Can I order a 20 Mb broadband + phone line? Is the monthly cost 25 + 6.5 = 31.50 euros? Does the first two months half price stand in this case?

Do I also get 50 euro voucher from ordering like this, since this is not a bundle offered on your website?

Regards

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first two months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (including free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Advertisement

Hi s982102

Yes, you can order 20mb Broadband and home phone (cable modem, not wireless), your total montly cost will be €31.51.

You can order that via this boards offer, and get your activation fee's waived and a €50 voucher, however, you will not get that 1/2 price for 2 months, as that offer only applies to new bundles sold.

You could order Fibre 25, which is 25mb Broadband (c/w wireless router,) home phone including local, National and International calls included for €40.50, and you will get that 1/2 price for 2 months.

The choice is yours.

I hope that information helps

Regards

Jason

Thank you, Jason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Just one more question before I jump. Is this the sequence?

1) order my package from you
    2) have equipment installed (at which point I'll have 2 numbers)
    3) fill in the transfer my number form

At which point will my eircom home phone and broadband automatically cancel or do I have to contact directly? I want to avoid any interruption of sevice but equally minimise the time that im paying both UPC and Eircom.

Hi

Yes, all correct

Assuming you are out of contract, it generally takes less than a week for the port to complete.

Thanks

Jason
    johnfás wrote: »
    Just one more question before I jump. Is this the sequence?

1) order my package from you
    2) have equipment installed (at which point I'll have 2 numbers)
    3) fill in the transfer my number form

At which point will my eircom home phone and broadband automatically cancel or do I have to contact directly? I want to avoid any interruption of sevice but equally minimise the time that im paying both UPC and Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

hi i am interested in getting upc broadband... but when i phoned up they said it wasn't available in my area but i can detects no less than 3 upc wifi signals that are good quality in range of my flat.... i can also detect 2 more low quality signals.

if im less than 100metres away from the 3 good signals why wont upc give me a connection? the cable junction point is actually attached to the building im living in.

i live in number 5.... house number 7 is next door and is currently being refurbished internally then number 11 is beside number 7 and they have upc broadband.

there is a lane to the rear of all 3 properties...cant a cable be ran from number 11 to number 5 thru the lane at the back of the properties.

my landlord has no problems with the cable being upgraded from the old connection to a newer connection as it makes it easier for him to find tenants for his flats if they can get upc broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Just a heads up lads this offer is only valid one per customer not applied if your an existing customer for years and up grade once you get a €50 voucher once that's it!

Hi there

Place your order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

We will arrange a survey for you free of charge. Please give all details including your landlords contact details etc to my team, to assist with access and permissions, and if it is possible to get you connected then we will, however, permissions are generally the reasons why some properties get connected and some dont - we do not have the automatic right to cable each property

Thanks

Jason
    hi i am interested in getting upc broadband... but when i phoned up they said it wasn't available in my area but i can detects no less than 3 upc wifi signals that are good quality in range of my flat.... i can also detect 2 more low quality signals.

if im less than 100metres away from the 3 good signals why wont upc give me a connection? the cable junction point is actually attached to the building im living in.

i live in number 5.... house number 7 is next door and is currently being refurbished internally then number 11 is beside number 7 and they have upc broadband.

there is a lane to the rear of all 3 properties...cant a cable be ran from number 11 to number 5 thru the lane at the back of the properties.

my landlord has no problems with the cable being upgraded from the old connection to a newer connection as it makes it easier for him to find tenants for his flats if they can get upc broadband.

• Advertisement

Hi Jason,

I filled in the form on www.upc.ie/boardsoffer, and on the second day, someone did call me. However, he said the broadband service in the apartment I am currently living in is not available. The fact is that my neighbour had the broadband+phone+TV with UPC before he moved out. And we have the same landlord. I explained this to the man on the phone. He said he would come back to me within 24 hours after consulting with the area manage in Maynooth.

It has been two days now. There is still nothing from him. Is it for you to check for me if the braodband is available in my apartments?

My reference number from filling in the online form is: FOA-757060.
    If you need more details about where I am living and who my neighbour was, I can send you a private message on request.

Regards

s982102

Hi there

We cannot sell you broadband if it is not showing as available in our system, we need to send it back to our addressing team to confirm, which we have done. (that can take 2 days) You should expect a call shortly from my team to confirm for you

Thanks

Jason

s982102 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I filled in the form on www.upc.ie/boardsoffer, and on the second day, someone did call me. However, he said the broadband service in the apartment I am currently living in is not available. The fact is that my neighbour had the broadband+phone+TV with UPC before he moved out. And we have the same landlord. I explained this to the man on the phone. He said he would come back to me within 24 hours after consulting with the area manage in Maynooth.

It has been two days now. There is still nothing from him. Is it for you to check for me if the braodband is available in my apartments?

My reference number from filling in the online form is: FOA-757060.
    If you need more details about where I am living and who my neighbour was, I can send you a private message on request.

Regards

s982102

Hi Jason,

I just want to let you know that the problem related to the previous post is now solved as the guy called me 2 mins ago.

Thank you any way.

Regards

s982102

Hi Jason,

So I signed up for the 20mb broadband on its own. Can I just ask you

1. it says you get no free wireless router but is the cisco router I received not a wireless router or whats the benefit of this free router I would have got?

2. how do I get my 50 euro voucher now.

thanks

Hi there

If you got the cisco, you should have wireless functionality.

The voucher will be sent to you within the next few weeks by the chosen retailer. You can call my team to get an ETA on 1890940635

Thanks

Jason
    Hi Jason,

So I signed up for the 20mb broadband on its own. Can I just ask you

1. it says you get no free wireless router but is the cisco router I received not a wireless router or whats the benefit of this free router I would have got?

2. how do I get my 50 euro voucher now.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

If we consider the Fibre Essential package as an example the retail offer appears to be about 60€ better than the Boards one (assuming you live close to one of the retailers and actually want to buy something that costs €250+ )

is there anyway the Boards offer actually exceeds the one available from the retailers ?

Hi gollem_1975

Yes, there is indeed. This boards offer www.upc.ie/boardsoffer is available to anybody ordering 1 product or more, including a TV only sale. (unless they have ordered via this offer previously)

The retail offers www.upc.ie/retailoffer are only available for 2 products or more (Broadband & Phone bundle upwards).

So, a typical Sky customer switching TV only, can order via this boards offer, can order up to 4 boxes, get them installed free and can save €180 upfront (on top of their massive monthly subscription savings), plus get a €50 voucher also.

Both are great offers with merits. The choice is up to the customer.

Thanks for your enquiry

Regards

Jason
    If we consider the Fibre Essential package as an example the retail offer appears to be about 60€ better than the Boards one (assuming you live close to one of the retailers and actually want to buy something that costs €250+ )

is there anyway the Boards offer actually exceeds the one available from the retailers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

So If I wanted to go for a bundle such as the 66€ pm Fibre essential

by my calculations the saving via the boards offer is
    33 (m1)
    33 (m2)
    25.40 ( assuming that the phone is provided free )
    50 (voucher)
    45 (activation)

Is my calculation correct or are there any other costs/savings

Hi again

If you order via this boards offer you will save:
    €45 activation fee for your digital tv set top box
    €45 activation fee for your broadband modem
    €33 for month 1 (1/2 price for 2 months)
    €33 for month 2 (1/2 price for 2 months)
    Voucher for €50
    Total benefit €206

You will have to pay for a phone if you require one

Thanks

Jason

So If I wanted to go for a bundle such as the 66€ pm Fibre essential

by my calculations the saving via the boards offer is
    33 (m1)
    33 (m2)
    25.40 ( assuming that the phone is provided free )
    50 (voucher)
    45 (activation)

Is my calculation correct or are there any other costs/savings

• Registered Users Posts: 47 omnisynergy

If I already have broadband with UPC, but am considering getting a phone through UPC, can I avail of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

Hi:

Will install broadband only avail this 50 euro boards offer and also get activation free? It seems there's some activation charge for broadband only on the upc website.

http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Regards

Hi there

Yes, you will, so long as you haven't availaled of the offer when you signed up for broadband, as it applies just once

Thanks

Jason
    If I already have broadband with UPC, but am considering getting a phone through UPC, can I avail of this offer?

Hi there mudxfxa

Yes, it will apply, and yes you will get activation free, however, you will not get 1/2 price for 2 months if you order broadband only, that offer just applies if you order a broadband bundle, or a Digital TV, Broadband and phone bundle

Thanks

Jason
    mudxfxa wrote: »
    Hi:

Will install broadband only avail this 50 euro boards offer and also get activation free? It seems there's some activation charge for broadband only on the upc website.

http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

I'm wondering if I can do a self-install. I know an install is free with this deal, but a self-install would be more convenient.

I had analog Chorus/UPC 10 years ago, and according to the web broadband is available at my address, (Douglas, Cork). I have a screw-on co-ax cable sticking out from under my skirting board. It was screwed into a quite chunky metal unit with screw-on outputs for TV and FM. Is that too old to be usable?

Also, some other posters have asked but I didn't really see a clear answer. When the order goes in, does UPC cancel my existing phone/broadband? Or is that something I need to time?

At the moment I'm leaning towards just taking the 20mbps broadband with added phone (total €31.51 pm). Having analysed my phone bills for the past year, I figure my monthly charges will only average €3. As far as I can see the disadvantages to this assembled package are ...
    1/ Only get a non-router cable modem, so will need a cable router (have one)
    2/ The cable modem only goes to 30Mbps, but I guess UPC would upgrade it in the future if I upgraded the package.

Ix.

Hi ixtlan

Yes you can self install, no problem.

We do not cancel your phone/broadband. We send you the boxes, you connect them and fill in the porting form on our website and your number should be ported in 1 to 2 days.

My suggestion would be, order what you think is appropriate, and afterwards if you prefer to add a call pack you can do so. (I would order the 25mb bundle, as it is 1/2 price for 2 months)

The modem provided if perfect for your 20 or 25mb speeds, if you want 50mb or more you will need a new wifi router which we would provide for you when you order it

Thanks

Jason
    ixtlan wrote: »
    I'm wondering if I can do a self-install. I know an install is free with this deal, but a self-install would be more convenient.

I had analog Chorus/UPC 10 years ago, and according to the web broadband is available at my address, (Douglas, Cork). I have a screw-on co-ax cable sticking out from under my skirting board. It was screwed into a quite chunky metal unit with screw-on outputs for TV and FM. Is that too old to be usable?

Also, some other posters have asked but I didn't really see a clear answer. When the order goes in, does UPC cancel my existing phone/broadband? Or is that something I need to time?

At the moment I'm leaning towards just taking the 20mbps broadband with added phone (total €31.51 pm). Having analysed my phone bills for the past year, I figure my monthly charges will only average €3. As far as I can see the disadvantages to this assembled package are ...
    1/ Only get a non-router cable modem, so will need a cable router (have one)
    2/ The cable modem only goes to 30Mbps, but I guess UPC would upgrade it in the future if I upgraded the package.

Ix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

The modem provided if perfect for your 20 or 25mb speeds, if you want 50mb or more you will need a new wifi router which we would provide for you when you order i

Thanks

Jason

I want just the broad band only. Do i still get the activation free and the modem for free and the 50 euro voucher and the 2 months half price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Signed up for this last week.

Filled out the enquiry form on Sunday, received a call on Monday, confirmed the account on Tuesday, picked up the self install package on Wednesday, had 25 meg an hour later.

Went for the 25 meg broadband and phone option, which had no activation fee and will be 1/2 price for the first 2 months.

Thus far, I cannot complain.*

Will leave it a few weeks before I start worrying about the €50 voucher.

*Fingers crossed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tying to figure out which deal we would prefer. Do you get the first 2 months half price with the retail deal?

We want 50meg + phone. 45.50E. No multi-room.

does the phone have to be activated, we simply want it as it is cheaper than the standalone charge and you have to get both for the retail deal anyway.

So with boards we would get 50e voucher, no activation fees on BB and phone(45e each? 30each if I self install? Or is it 30 total for both)
    I don't have any upc box yet, seems to be a main one in the building, and tenants can get individual accounts, can I self install?

With a retail store it would be 250e voucher, activation fees for BB and phone 45e each? (if we have to get it activated) and I'm not sure about the first 2 months offer?

Which would be greater savings in this case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭dazzday

Few questions:

Looking for just broadband and Tv (no phone)... is there a price for this as I cant seem to find it online?

Is it possible to get the phone, broadband and tv bundle (466) and choose not to activate the phone (saving the €45 charge)?

There is already an existing UPC port in the apartment I have moved into but its not in the ideal location. Is it possible to move the port or have a new one installed when taking out a new package and is there any additional charge?

Thanks!

Hi pirelli

You can order broadband only via the boards offer www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get free activation and a €50 voucher, however, as it is not in a bundle you will not get it 1/2 price for 2 months. If you order a broadband and phone bundle you will.

Thanks

Jason
    pirelli wrote: »
    I want just the broad band only. Do i still get the activation free and the modem for free and the 50 euro voucher and the 2 months half price

Hi dazzday

You can order items not in a bundle.

For example, Digital Select + (approx 120 channels including ESPN) = €25.40,
    25mb Fibre Power Broadband = €35.67
    Total monthly cost of €61.07

-or you could order a triple play bundle

Digital Select + (approx 120 channels including ESPN)
    25mb Fibre Power Broadband (with wifi router)
    Home phone including local/National/International calls
    All for €66 per month

(and 1/2 price for 2 months)

Order via boards and there will be no activation charges.

BTW, there is no activation charge for phone when taken with broadband anyway.

If you require a new point cabled to another part of your home we charge just €50

Thanks

Jason

dazzday wrote: »
    Few questions:

Looking for just broadband and Tv (no phone)... is there a price for this as I cant seem to find it online?

Is it possible to get the phone, broadband and tv bundle (466) and choose not to activate the phone (saving the €45 charge)?

There is already an existing UPC port in the apartment I have moved into but its not in the ideal location. Is it possible to move the port or have a new one installed when taking out a new package and is there any additional charge?

Thanks!

Hi .Aldarion

To address your points:

If you do not order the broadband and phone bundle in a participating retail store you will qualify for the offer www.upc.ie/retailoffer - €125 voucher (€250 if you also order Digital tv in the bundle)

Yes, you must use the phone, we do include free mobile, local, National and International calls, in the new anywhere 100 pack.

The boards offer does get you free activation on the broadband (if you self install only - there is no activation chage for the home phone when ordered with broadand) - it also gets you 1/2 price for the 1st 2 months once a bundle is ordered www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Both offers have strong benefits, it is up to you to decide which works best for you

Thanks a million

Regards

Jason

Tying to figure out which deal we would prefer. Do you get the first 2 months half price with the retail deal?

We want 50meg + phone. 45.50E. No multi-room.

does the phone have to be activated, we simply want it as it is cheaper than the standalone charge and you have to get both for the retail deal anyway.

So with boards we would get 50e voucher, no activation fees on BB and phone(45e each? 30each if I self install? Or is it 30 total for both)
    I don't have any upc box yet, seems to be a main one in the building, and tenants can get individual accounts, can I self install?

With a retail store it would be 250e voucher, activation fees for BB and phone 45e each? (if we have to get it activated) and I'm not sure about the first 2 months offer?

Which would be greater savings in this case?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks for the reply Jason. Both offers sound good to me.

Was looking at Home Phone with Freetime World and 50 or 100meg net. for either 45.50 or 50.50, would that 100 pack be much more or is it new to the bundle? The mobile calls would be very nice. Do I have to use UPC's phone or can I purchase my own? Edit: I just saw that it comes with a phone for free so that's great.

self-install sounds good but i dont see any upc box on the wall, think there is some coaxial cable embedded in the wall, it doesnt really reach out, so that may lead to a upc box somewhere else in the apartment block. I know the block has upc. Do upc incur some fee to add a box? 50?! Or is that just for extra boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Hi pirelli

You can order broadband only via the boards offer www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get free activation and a €50 voucher, however, as it is not in a bundle you will not get it 1/2 price for 2 months. If you order a broadband and phone bundle you will.

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason

Thanks I have one more question if i go through the boards.ie offer and get the 25 mb package do i have to pay for the modem.

• Advertisement

Hello again Tar.Aldarion

To get the pack that includes mobile calls, just ask for the "Anywhere 100" pack. That includes 100 minutes to local, National, International & mobile calls, off peak each month. - The phone device is not included, you can plug in your own deck phone or if you require one we can provide one for you at a charge of €25.40.

If you dont have a UPC box on the wall it is unlikely that you will be able to self install, so in this instance I would reccomend a UPC installation.

Ay further questions just give my team a buzz on 1890940635 and mention the boards offer

Cheers

Jason
    Thanks for the reply Jason. Both offers sound good to me.

Was looking at Home Phone with Freetime World and 50 or 100meg net. for either 45.50 or 50.50, would that 100 pack be much more or is it new to the bundle? The mobile calls would be very nice. Do I have to use UPC's phone or can I purchase my own? Edit: I just saw that it comes with a phone for free so that's great.

self-install sounds good but i dont see any upc box on the wall, think there is some coaxial cable embedded in the wall, it doesnt really reach out, so that may lead to a upc box somewhere else in the apartment block. I know the block has upc. Do upc incur some fee to add a box? 50?! Or is that just for extra boxes.

Thanks Jason. Just got confused when trying to order by the wording ( as the package is called Home phone), as it sounded liike I was getting a phone.

Will have to ring to see about the 100 pack price. Thanks for clearing everything up!

Tar.Aldarion

No worries at all.

If you want the 100mb Fibre Power Broadband c/w Home phone Anywhere 100 bundle, it will cost you €50.50 per month (1/2 price for the first 2 months @ €25.25)

Cheers

Jason
    Thanks Jason. Just got confused when trying to order by the wording ( as the package is called Home phone), as it sounded liike I was getting a phone.

Will have to ring to see about the 100 pack price. Thanks for clearing everything up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mad1

sorry for jumping in but i need an answer from anyone who might know if/when UPC are going to upgrade service in midleton area of cork at moment all that is available is basic tv.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

I Just signed up to UPC for the phone and 50mb broadband for 45.50 a month.
    Connected last Saturday.
    Can i get the voucher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I'm considering moving from Smart to UPC for phone & broadband. However, I'm also looking at moving to Sky for their TV.

Should I sign up for the BB & phone pack, am I tying myself into another 12 month contract with UPC for my TV also?

If not, what would the best procedure to use. Cancel my TV now (give 1 month notice) and wait a further month after that for my account to be expunged from your systems; then apply for your BB/phone and trust you to organise my telephone number porting from Smart etc..? Or, is there another path I should follow?

• Advertisement

Thanks Jason, gonna get that bundle.

Hi

Sorry, unless you ordered via the boards link there is no pyhsical way we can tie your order to a voucher, sorry about that

Regards

Jason
    Jumbo156 wrote: »
    I Just signed up to UPC for the phone and 50mb broadband for 45.50 a month.
    Connected last Saturday.
    Can i get the voucher?

Hi there mad1

Sorry, I dont see any information in the system to assist you at the moment

Regards

Jason
    mad1 wrote: »
    sorry for jumping in but i need an answer from anyone who might know if/when UPC are going to upgrade service in midleton area of cork at moment all that is available is basic tv.thanks

Hi Mountjoy Mugger

You can order broadband and phone without it impacting on your TV in any way. You will just have a new broadband and phone contract with us then
    (treated seperately)

Thanks

Jason
    I'm considering moving from Smart to UPC for phone & broadband. However, I'm also looking at moving to Sky for their TV.

Should I sign up for the BB & phone pack, am I tying myself into another 12 month contract with UPC for my TV also?

If not, what would the best procedure to use. Cancel my TV now (give 1 month notice) and wait a further month after that for my account to be expunged from your systems; then apply for your BB/phone and trust you to organise my telephone number porting from Smart etc..? Or, is there another path I should follow?
    If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***

jason, I signed up at 7th of feb and still no sign of my 50 voucher. how long does it take and do they post it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement