Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Hi,

Jason, the sales rep messed up the package so i have sent an email requesting it to be cancelled. I have have also filled out the form for the Boards.ie offer.
    I will probably go for Fibre Power 25MB Package
    Below is the log for what i though i was ordering first time round:

Please wait a moment for an agent to reply.
    You are not currently in a chat session.
    You are not currently in a chat session.
    You are now chatting with 'Pam'
    Pam: Welcome to UPC. My name is Pam. How can I help you today?
    you: hi my network connection dropped
    you: i was filling out a form for 20MBB and phone
    Pam: Excellent, Sean is it?
    you: yes
    Pam: No problem, sean I calculated the price for you there.
    Pam: 286.60 per year it should be.
    Pam: Includes equipment and installation.
    you: that doesnt seem right
    Pam: €33.29 per month correct?
    Pam: My apologise.
    Pam: I'm completely wrong.
    Pam: 366.19 per year it should be.
    Pam: 33.29 x 11
    you: the phone and 20 MB BB is 31.51 i think you said
    Pam: Yes, that would be without the phone, I'm very sorry.
    you: oh its grand, so the total for the year is?
    Pam: 346.61 per month, my heads all over the place this evening.
    you: the pricing policy is not the easiest to follow..can you send on the forms again. thanks
    Pam: Order form, Click here.
    Pam: Let me know if you have any problems.
    you: okay thanks
    Pam: I'll send you the other form afterwards.
    you: okay i submitted the first form
    Pam: Excellent.
    Pam: Sending the second one now.
    you: okay so this will cost 346.61 for the year as the first two months are half price?
    Pam: Would you like the normal phone for six euro's a month, or would you like to take a look at the other phone's available?
    you: no the basic one is fine i wont be using it
    Pam: Yes that should be correct, there's no installation or equipment fees with your purchase.
    Pam: No problem.
    Pam: Order form, Click here.
    Pam: Check your conformation e-mails afterwards for me please.
    you: okay the 2nd form was submitted
    Pam: Thank you for ordering with UPC. I hope you enjoy our great services.
    Pam: Can you check your e-mails for me?
    you: yes i have one
    you: okay there are two emails
    Pam: There would be.
    Pam: For the two services.
    you: yes there is no mention of the half price offer for the first two months however
    Pam: I will be adding that to your bill.
    Pam: Your bill will be issued 7 days after installation and the money will be taking by direct debit 7 days after this.
    you: okay
    Pam: Is there anything else?
    you: no thats okay thanks
    Pam: Then have a nice evening.
    you: thanks you

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

A friend of mine in the drimnagh area is interested in changing to UPC however her internal wiring has long been iffy and in particular her bbc 2 reception has always been unreliable.

Can she she get the internal cabling sorted as part of switching over and how would this fit in with your offers? What's the best way for her to proceed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi dub45

Best bet is to order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and opt for the self installation option when my team call to confirm. That will mean no activation charges.

I am assuming by your description that your friend is still on analogue TV, and is looking for broadband and a digital Tv service? (Generally moving from analogue to digital gives a much stronger clearer picture quality)

If that is the case, and after they connect they are still experiencing an issue with picture quality, then a call can be logged and we will rectify the issue free of charge. (even if that means replacing the cable from outside back to the main TV point)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    dub45 wrote: »
    A friend of mine in the drimnagh area is interested in changing to UPC however her internal wiring has long been iffy and in particular her bbc 2 reception has always been unreliable.

Can she she get the internal cabling sorted as part of switching over and how would this fit in with your offers? What's the best way for her to proceed?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi dub45

Best bet is to order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and opt for the self installation option when my team call to confirm. That will mean no activation charges.

I am assuming by your description that your friend is still on analogue TV, and is looking for broadband and a digital Tv service? (Generally moving from analogue to digital gives a much stronger clearer picture quality)

If that is the case, and after they connect they are still experiencing an issue with picture quality, then a call can be logged and we will rectify the issue free of charge. (even if that means replacing the cable from outside back to the main TV point)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the prompt reply - yes she has analogue TV - I will pass on that information to her today.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eboarde

Just want to say thanks, I ordered last week (just the phone and broadband). I was phoned within a few hours ordered the service, the package arrived quickly.

I've just moved house and didn't realise that UPC had been disconnected, I phoned and that was sorted quickly.

Great deal with the first two months half price as well!

Now what to spend my voucher on

Thanks Boards and UPC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Jason,
    We have broadband in our area but there is only the old analogue cabling into our house. Does this mean that I have to get new cabling brought in for UPC to work digitally.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Hi Jason,
    We have just moved into a house with a UPC box in 1 room and a cable point in another. If we order digital tv, 25MB broadband and home phone using the link: www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and we multi room viewing for the 2nd room with the cable point will there be any charges other than the extra €5 for the mrv? Also if we use the link http://www.upc.ie/retailoffer/ what will the extra charges be?
    I'm trying to decide which offer is best for us. I'm thinking the retail offer with the €250 voucher but it all depends on how much it costs to install and activate.

Thanks
    Dearg81

Hi freebee23

If Broadband is available at your house, go ahead an order it. If the cabling into your house requires upgrading, we will look after that for you. Order via here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    freebee23 wrote: »
    Jason,
    We have broadband in our area but there is only the old analogue cabling into our house. Does this mean that I have to get new cabling brought in for UPC to work digitally.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

Hi Dearg81

If you order via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer
    then all activation charges will be waived, you will get half price services for 2 months and a €50 voucher.

If you order in one of our retail partners shops, www.upc.ie/retailoffer then you will pay €30 activation charge for each box you order, (assuming you install each box yourself) so in your case, your main Digital TV set top box, your additional set top box & your broadband modem. Total activation charges of €90. (You mentioned you had a tv point already in the 2nd room, so there will be no charge for running a cable there). You will pay full price and will get a €250 voucher.

Both great offers, it is up to you to decide which works best for you

I hope that info helps

Regards

Jason
    Dearg81 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    We have just moved into a house with a UPC box in 1 room and a cable point in another. If we order digital tv, 25MB broadband and home phone using the link: www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and we multi room viewing for the 2nd room with the cable point will there be any charges other than the extra €5 for the mrv? Also if we use the link http://www.upc.ie/retailoffer/ what will the extra charges be?
    I'm trying to decide which offer is best for us. I'm thinking the retail offer with the €250 voucher but it all depends on how much it costs to install and activate.

Thanks
    Dearg81

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first two months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (including free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

(Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

Hi eboarde

Thanks for your kind words, I hope you enjoy your UPC and voucher

Regards

Jason
    eboarde wrote: »
    Just want to say thanks, I ordered last week (just the phone and broadband). I was phoned within a few hours ordered the service, the package arrived quickly.

I've just moved house and didn't realise that UPC had been disconnected, I phoned and that was sorted quickly.

Great deal with the first two months half price as well!

Now what to spend my voucher on

Thanks Boards and UPC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Hi Dearg81

If you order via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer
    then all activation charges will be waived, you will get half price services for 2 months and a €50 voucher.

If you order in one of our retail partners shops, www.upc.ie/retailoffer then you will pay €30 activation charge for each box you order, (assuming you install each box yourself) so in your case, your main Digital TV set top box, your additional set top box & your broadband modem. Total activation charges of €90. (You mentioned you had a tv point already in the 2nd room, so there will be no charge for running a cable there). You will pay full price and will get a €250 voucher.

Both great offers, it is up to you to decide which works best for you

I hope that info helps

Regards

Jason

If you want to order a new bundle from us in UPC, get it half price for the first two months............ and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (including free activation of all your products) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Thanks for that info Jason, I'll have to think about which one to go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Hi Captain Morgan

No if you order via fatcheese your activation charges will be waived once you install the device yourself.

Regards

Jason
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 columt

Hi Jason,
    I currently have basic UPC digital tv package only.
    I want to add 20Mb broadband. I require a cable modem, but don't require wireless or phone.
    Am I correct in thinking this cost me an additional €25.41 per month?
    And will the voucher/2months offer apply?
    Many thanks,
    columt

Hi columt

Adding 20mb Broadband will cost you €25.41 extra per month.

You can order that via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get free activation and a €50 voucher, however you will not get it 1/2 price for 2 months unless you also order phone in a bundle at the same time as that offer is tied to bundles only

Regards

Jason.
    columt wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    I currently have basic UPC digital tv package only.
    I want to add 20Mb broadband. I require a cable modem, but don't require wireless or phone.
    Am I correct in thinking this cost me an additional €25.41 per month?
    And will the voucher/2months offer apply?
    Many thanks,
    columt

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908

• Registered Users Posts: 33 columt

Super - thanks for the clarification Jason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭golferAC

Is UPC available in the athlone area...Whats the cheapes bundle ye do including Phone line, Broadband, satelite tv with sky sports im highly considering changing to UPC from eircom and sky? Woul really apreciate it if you could get back to me thanks

Hi golferAC

Yes, all UPC services are available in athlone town.

You could order our Fibre Eseential Bundle at €66 per month. This has our select TV pack which includes ESPN Sports & Setanta Ireland, 25mb broadband and home phone c/w freetime calls,& Sky Sports at €33.54 per month, order via boards here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get that with free activation, will get a €50 voucher, and you will get your services half price for the first 2 months also.

Regards

Jason
    golferAC wrote: »
    Is UPC available in the athlone area...Whats the cheapes bundle ye do including Phone line, Broadband, satelite tv with sky sports im highly considering changing to UPC from eircom and sky? Woul really apreciate it if you could get back to me thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭golferAC

Hi golferAC

Yes, all UPC services are available in athlone town.

You could order our Fibre Eseential Bundle at €66 per month. This has our select TV pack which includes ESPN Sports & Setanta Ireland, 25mb broadband and home phone c/w freetime calls,& Sky Sports at €33.54 per month, order via boards here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get that with free activation, will get a €50 voucher, and you will get your services half price for the first 2 months also.

Regards

Jason

Whats the signal like is their installation fee?

Hi there

Order via this link on boards and your activation fee is waived www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason
    golferAC wrote: »
    Whats the signal like is their installation fee?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Hi,

Just wondering if the DID voucher can be used online if we go through the boards offer? We are looking to buy a new freezer at the moment but there are no DID stores in Cork city. Being able to use the voucher online would sweeten the deal.

Also, is there much of a waiting period to get your services connected?

Thanks

Hi JohnMearsheimer

If you order today from you you can be connected within 2 working days.

In relation to the DID voucher, as far as I am aware, it is a standard voucher that you must use in store. To be 100% sure, please call DID direct on 01 625025501

Thanks a million

Regards

Jason
    Hi,

Just wondering if the DID voucher can be used online if we go through the boards offer? We are looking to buy a new freezer at the moment but there are no DID stores in Cork city. Being able to use the voucher online would sweeten the deal.

Also, is there much of a waiting period to get your services connected?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Hi Jason,

Was just wondering if this deal is still active. I'm getting a 404 page not found when I submit my details.
    Error 404
    An error has occurred - page not found.

This could be because:

the URL is incorrect

there was an error in the page which referred you to this page

the link - e.g. a link from your favorites - is out of date

you were looking for a page on www.ntlworld.ie - if so, please note that this website is no longer active (for UPC Customer Support, please visit www.upc.ie).

Check the URL to make sure there are no typing errors. Remember to check upper and lower case and any punctuation. Alternatively, return to the Home Page or visit our Sitemap.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Hi davetherave

Yes it is, just tested the link myself, all working fine. Please try again and if you are still experiencing an issue, please feel free to call my team on 1890940635 and they can take your boards order over the phone

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Was just wondering if this deal is still active. I'm getting a 404 page not found when I submit my details.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Hi Jason,

Thanks v much for following up on my query re voucher... much appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Messi10

Was wondering is it possible to get broadband in without a land line? I know some places will only put it in with a phone...

Hi there

Yes, with UPC you do not need an eircom landline for broadband.

Order via here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    Messi10 wrote: »
    Was wondering is it possible to get broadband in without a land line? I know some places will only put it in with a phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Hi Jason,

I do not currently have a UPC connection in my apartment (there's no cable box) but there are the rememnants of an old cable, just about coming through the wall - Can I avail of this offer of a new connection and installation for the Digital Value + package and would there be any additional connection fees?

Thanks

Hi A Disgrace

If you order and can connect using the cable in position then no connection charges will apply once you have ordered via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    A Disgrace wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I do not currently have a UPC connection in my apartment (there's no cable box) but there are the rememnants of an old cable, just about coming through the wall - Can I avail of this offer of a new connection and installation for the Digital Value + package and would there be any additional connection fees?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi A Disgrace

If you order and can connect using the cable in position then no connection charges will apply once you have ordered via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

Thanks Jason,

The current cable has been cut back (previous tenant I presume) to less than an inch so it's practially impossible to connect anything to it. Also, there is no cable box either. One of the online agents said it'd cost a total of €15 for the engineer to install the cable box but I'm not so sure?

A Disgrace

Best going for an assisted install in this instance so, based on your circumstances, then the guys will be able to mount a box on the wall and get a decent connection for you.

Order via the link and explain to my team when they call you, yes, you will pay €15 in this instance. (normally €45 for a tech install)

Regards

Jason
    Thanks Jason,

The current cable has been cut back (previous tenant I presume) to less than an inch so it's practially impossible to connect anything to it. Also, there is no cable box either. One of the online agents said it'd cost a total of €15 for the engineer to install the cable box but I'm not so sure?

Thanks,

Btw, I'm getting an error 404 (like a previous poster) - I'll try again later.

I just tried it myself on iphone and pc, both working fine. Can you try again http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

If you are still having issues, please call my team on 1890940635 and they will take your order over the phone

Thanks

Jason
    Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Thanks,

I also got this, but I did get a call back so clearly it went through.

Jason, having picked the 20Mbps broadband plus phone, I was told that this has a download cap of 120Gb. This probably isn't an issue for me, but I was surprised because your web-site clearly says the cap is 500Gb for all options including the 20Mbps one.

Is the web-site wrong?
    20Mb downstream; 1.2Mb upstream
    500GB usage limit

Ix.

Hi there

You get 500gb download limit on all current UPC broadband tiers.

What do I get?
    • Dedicated support team available to assist with many of your broadband and computer issues.
    • 20Mb downstream; 1.2Mb upstream
    • 24 hour online connection - no time restrictions
    • No telephone line required
    • 500GB usage limit
    • Up to 15 email addresses
    • 300MB web space

Thanks

Jason
    ixtlan wrote: »
    I also got this, but I did get a call back so clearly it went through.

Jason, having picked the 20Mbps broadband plus phone, I was told that this has a download cap of 120Gb. This probably isn't an issue for me, but I was surprised because your web-site clearly says the cap is 500Gb for all options including the 20Mbps one.

Is the web-site wrong?
    20Mb downstream; 1.2Mb upstream
    500GB usage limit

Ix.

• Advertisement

OOPS! I have been advised that the intermittent issue on the form where some people were seeing an error message has been fixed by our IT team, apologies for any confusion caused.

Please feel free to go ahead and order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

Hi Jason,

Thinking of signing up for the boards offer. Just a few questions:

1)Can you get a bundle with just tv and broadband or is it just the 3 way bundle?

2)How long does delivery take?say if ordered by close of business today?

3)Is it a 12 month contract? are there any fees involved once contract is finished?

Cheers.

Hi phunkymonk

You can get a broadband and phone bunde, or a Digital tv, broadband and phone bundle. There is no current bundle for TV & Broadband.

If you order today you could be connected within 48 hours. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Yes a 12 month contract applies in all instances. There are cancellation fees applied if you cancel within contract as per our standard terms & conditions http://www.upc.ie/termsandconditions/

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    phunkymonk wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Thinking of signing up for the boards offer. Just a few questions:

1)Can you get a bundle with just tv and broadband or is it just the 3 way bundle?

2)How long does delivery take?say if ordered by close of business today?

3)Is it a 12 month contract? are there any fees involved once contract is finished?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

Thanks for quick response.

So if i order by tonight or tomorrow - is it possible to be connected by saturday?

Will this be a self install process ie all hardware just delivered with no professional set up?

Im lookin at the 3 way bundle - how much is this with plus recorder?

Last one - is there anyway to fast track the voucher offer?

Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

Hi phunkymonk

You can get a broadband and phone bunde, or a Digital tv, broadband and phone bundle. There is no current bundle for TV & Broadband.

If you order today you could be connected within 48 hours. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Yes a 12 month contract applies in all instances. There are cancellation fees applied if you cancel within contract as per our standard terms & conditions http://www.upc.ie/termsandconditions/

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Hi Jason,

Recently signed up for the 50MB package through boards. Got a nice set of Sennheisers with my voucher, cheers!

My first direct debit went through at over €28 despite the fact that the first two months are supposed to be 1/2 price and the package we are on, Fibre Power 50mb, is €40.50 per month. Any ideas?

Also, we are having problems with the speed of the connection, it's nowhere near 50MB. Located in D3 in an 18 month old apt. complex which was wired for UPC. Any ideas?

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Hi Rowley Birkin

You bill will be back dated prorata to the date you were installed plus a full month, the first bill can normally be a bit higher than expected due to this. If you are having speed issues I suggest you call our technical support desk on 1908 for them to check it out for you.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Recently signed up for the 50MB package through boards. Got a nice set of Sennheisers with my voucher, cheers!

My first direct debit went through at over €28 despite the fact that the first two months are supposed to be 1/2 price and the package we are on, Fibre Power 50mb, is €40.50 per month. Any ideas?

Also, we are having problems with the speed of the connection, it's nowhere near 50MB. Located in D3 in an 18 month old apt. complex which was wired for UPC. Any ideas?

Cheers!

Hi phunkymonk

The Fibre Essential Bundle costs €66 per month, includes Digital Select + TV, 25mb broadband, and the freetime world phone bundle.

You will install it yourself, or if you prefer us to install we can do that however that will incur an additional charge(€30), where the boards offer waives self install charges. Order now and you could be installed within 48 hours.

The voucher will be sent after you get installed. (generally 2-3 weeks)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    phunkymonk wrote: »
    Thanks for quick response.

So if i order by tonight or tomorrow - is it possible to be connected by saturday?

Will this be a self install process ie all hardware just delivered with no professional set up?

Im lookin at the 3 way bundle - how much is this with plus recorder?

Last one - is there anyway to fast track the voucher offer?

Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I've wanted to switch to UPC for years. A salesman called to my house recently and I explained to him that I couldnt get broadband in our block of houses (bizarre considering all other surrounding blocks can get it and we can't. It's literally 10 houses out of 100 that havent been wired up).

He promised he'd get the situation addressed and possibly send an engineer out to figure out why we cant receive UPC broadband and provide a possible solution.

This was 3 months ago. he gave me a business card, and now won't return any calls, texts or voicemails.

Quite obviously he was bluffing me and had no intention of helping what-so-ever.

Hi The Ayatolla

Drop my team an email with your address on retailsales@upc.ie and they can check it, and if necessary log a case for a survey for you. Believe me, if it is possible (landlord has access for us, ducting, permission etc) to provide your block with our services, we will do it.

Regards

Jason
    I've wanted to switch to UPC for years. A salesman called to my house recently and I explained to him that I couldnt get broadband in our block of houses (bizarre considering all other surrounding blocks can get it and we can't. It's literally 10 houses out of 100 that havent been wired up).

He promised he'd get the situation addressed and possibly send an engineer out to figure out why we cant receive UPC broadband and provide a possible solution.

This was 3 months ago. he gave me a business card, and now won't return any calls, texts or voicemails.

Quite obviously he was bluffing me and had no intention of helping what-so-ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Hi The Ayatolla

Drop my team an email with your address on retailsales@upc.ie and they can check it, and if necessary log a case for a survey for you. Believe me, if it is possible (landlord has access for us, ducting, permission etc) to provide your block with our services, we will do it.

Regards

Jason

Email sent. We own our own property (the only one in the block) so no issue with digging etc, and the rest of the houses and area around us is owned by the council. I can't see there being an issue.

Hi The Ayatolla

PM me if you need further assistance, hope it works out for you.

Regards

Jason
    Email sent. We own our own property (the only one in the block) so no issue with digging etc, and the rest of the houses and area around us is owned by the council. I can't see there being an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Hi Jason,

I went ahead and filled my details in on the boardsoffer link at about 10am this morning. Checked my mails and got no confirmation email back, so about 1 hr later I place the order thinking this is the correct protocol in the absense of any other confirmation.

I then receive an email about the boards offer at 1pm today asking me to ring up. Basically I can't avail of the boards offer unless I cancel the existing order. This is quite misleading as there is no communication to tell you to wait until someone has contacted you. Surely there has to be some way to just link the two. Seems like bureaucracy to me.

Any way I can get the voucher without cancelling my existing order. The guy on the phone told me if I cancel its gonna take another 3-4 extra days to receive the equipment. I rather avoid that.

Cheers

Hi there

My team receive the requests from the boards form and try contact to confirm first by telephone then by email to confirm. Until it is confirmed by my team your enquiry is not an order.

You then ordered again via a different means (not the boards offer), so that commences a system process, whereby if you want to cancel your actual order you can do that by calling 1908, however, that order does remain in our system for a while, so you were correctly advised.

This is why we make it clear in the terms & conditions that in order to qualify you must order via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64516389&postcount=1

To proceed, you will need to cancel your original order (due to the rules we cannot cancel on your behalf), and then call my team on 1890 940635 who can register your boards offer claim and reload your order once the system permits it.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Jason
    JHet wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I went ahead and filled my details in on the boardsoffer link at about 10am this morning. Checked my mails and got no confirmation email back, so about 1 hr later I place the order thinking this is the correct protocol in the absense of any other confirmation.

I then receive an email about the boards offer at 1pm today asking me to ring up. Basically I can't avail of the boards offer unless I cancel the existing order. This is quite misleading as there is no communication to tell you to wait until someone has contacted you. Surely there has to be some way to just link the two. Seems like bureaucracy to me.

Any way I can get the voucher without cancelling my existing order. The guy on the phone told me if I cancel its gonna take another 3-4 extra days to receive the equipment. I rather avoid that.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Typical.. only notice this thread 2 days after I sign up to UPC for the first time.

Ah well, who needs a 50 quid voucher anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 fatb0y

Hi Jason, Boardies,
    Apologies but I have trawled through the thread and still not able to do the math correctly, so just want to confirm the following two things.
    I plan to go for the retail offer (250 euro at currys) as a new user.

1. First question is on the bundles that qualify: I want to go for the cheapest package, is that the fiber power essential (66 a month)? I don't care about the digital 'plus' or free time world package, so if there was a bundle with just the basic tv, phone and BB services, it would suit me perfectly fine.

2. Second question is on the activation/installation charges: I can do a self install and already have the cabling where my Router/TV will sit. In this case, is the activation charge 30 for tv box, 30 for BB modem = 60 in total? is there any additional charges for the phone setup?

Thanks!
    fatb0y

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement