Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi there MrFrisp

Yes it is, just order via this link and my team will look after her
    www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

i got to the link, how do I add HD package through the link? I dont see an option to select it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kingdsofmuff

Long time member - relatively infrequent poster.

Jason - It's over 2 years on, is there any headway with a UPC connection in Donegal?
    I live close enough to the border with the north to be taunted by the likes of BT, plusnet, virgin, UTV and many more all touting speeds in excess of 50mb.

What are UPC doing in regards to getting us out of the stoneage, cuz there is a huuuuuuge market and our only option is Eircom? :(

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi there

My team will email you, and you can request HD by reply, or you can email them direct on retailsales@upc.ie

Thanks

Jason
    ipodrocker wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

i got to the link, how do I add HD package through the link? I dont see an option to select it?

If you would like a reduced price new customer bundle for 6 months, plus a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Hi there

Unfortunately there is nothing indicated in our system for connectivity in Donegal this year.

Regards

Jason
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Thanks Jason,,

I have passed on the details to her this morning.

My sister took up this offer,,and is only delighted with it.

Just gutted that We can't get it Ourselves. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 martinp77

Jason,
    I am UPC digital tv customer and thinking of switching my broadband services to UPC. Can I avail of the offer? The text at the top of the page
    http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/
    says I can but the T&C's say I can't (a little confusing).
    Can you confirm?
    Thank you

Hi Martin

You can avail of 1/2 price Sky sports & movies for 2 months as an existing UPC tv customer if you subscribe to them.

The boards offer is for completely new customers taking a new bundle (as per the terms & conditions on www.upc.ie/boardsoffer)

"This boards offer is available to completely new customers that sign up to any of the new Digital TV, Fibre Power Broadband & Home Phone bundles above. Upgrades to existing TV, Fibre Power Broadband or Home Phone packages do not qualify for this offer. "

Thanks

Jason
    martinp77 wrote: »
    Jason,
    I am UPC digital tv customer and thinking of switching my broadband services to UPC. Can I avail of the offer? The text at the top of the page
    http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/
    says I can but the T&C's say I can't (a little confusing).
    Can you confirm?
    Thank you

If you would like a reduced price new customer bundle for 6 months, plus a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Jason, if you sign up for the Boards offer now can you delay the delivery/activation date of the equipment for a few weeks? We're out of contract with eircom but they still require 30 days notice for ending their service without incurring charges. We'd intend to get UPC installed a few days before the eircom service ends, to avoid paying for both providers over several weeks.

Does you Customer Care team look after the eircom cancellation, or is that down to the customer themselves?

Hi there

No problem.

Go ahead and place your order. You can call my team on 1890940635 then and ask them to delay your installation to the date you require.

We advise customers to advise their broadband carrier that they are cancelling, but not to cancel their phone. (as their number could get lost)

Once connected to UPC, you fill out a porting form on our website and the number transfer happens very fast after that

Cheers

Jason
    Jason, if you sign up for the Boards offer now can you delay the delivery/activation date of the equipment for a few weeks? We're out of contract with eircom but they still require 30 days notice for ending their service without incurring charges. We'd intend to get UPC installed a few days before the eircom service ends, to avoid paying for both providers over several weeks.

Does you Customer Care team look after the eircom cancellation, or is that down to the customer themselves?

***Special offer*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation until the end of April**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user****

Hi Guys

This offer now allows for free installation of all new bundles ordered via this offer, with 6 months reduction of the bundle price & the €50 voucher from either DID Electrical or Carphone Warehouse - only when you order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Be quick - very limited time only and then normal activation charges apply on May 1st. Just 18 days to go. (then the normal boards offer resumes)

Applies to new bundles only. So if you are not a UPC customer and order the Fibre Essential Bundle which has Digital Select TV, 50mb Fibre Power Broadband, Home Phone c/w 100 Anytime minutes, you will pay €50 per month for 6 months, then €66 per month, you will save €90 activation fees, plus you will get a €50 voucher. This means this bargain alert offer is worth €236 to you.

Order now www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

• Advertisement

Just 17 Days to go now!!!

***Special offer*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation until the end of April**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user****

Hi Guys

This offer now allows for free installation of all new bundles ordered via this offer, with 6 months reduction of the bundle price & the €50 voucher from either DID Electrical or Carphone Warehouse - only when you order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Be quick - very limited time only and then normal activation charges apply on May 1st. Just 18 days to go. (then the normal boards offer resumes)

Applies to new bundles only. So if you are not a UPC customer and order the Fibre Essential Bundle which has Digital Select TV, 50mb Fibre Power Broadband, Home Phone c/w 100 Anytime minutes, you will pay €50 per month for 6 months, then €66 per month, you will save €90 activation fees, plus you will get a €50 voucher. This means this bargain alert offer is worth €236 to you.

Thanks

Jason

Just 13 days left for free installation of your new bundle!

Order here now www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    Just 17 Days to go now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭novice

Hi Jason,

Is there any deal for existing boardsie UPC customers looking to upgrade?
    Also, can you tell me if all new UPC+ boxes have HD outputs + SCART?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Hi Jason,

I'm an exsiting customer with a TV package, if I was to upgrade and add Broadband and home phone with this offer would it add an additional 12 months onto my contract?

Thanks

Hi there

Yes, we have an offer where you can add Sky Sports or Sky Sports & Movies and get it 1/2 price for 2 months at the moment.

All UPC Digital + Boxes have a scart connection

All UPC Digital + HD boxes have scart & HDMI connections

Regards

Jason
    novice wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Is there any deal for existing boardsie UPC customers looking to upgrade?
    Also, can you tell me if all new UPC+ boxes have HD outputs + SCART?

Cheers

Hi Julez

Yes, as you are subscribing to a new package you will be agreeing to a new 12 month contract.

Many thanks

Jason
    Julez wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I'm an exsiting customer with a TV package, if I was to upgrade and add Broadband and home phone with this offer would it add an additional 12 months onto my contract?

Thanks

Yes, we have an offer where you can add Sky Sports or Sky Sports & Movies and get it 1/2 price for 2 months at the moment

New customers get 6 months reduced. a €50 voucher, and free activation.
    Surely you can do better for customer loyalty? What about waiving the (hidden) activation fee for boardsies?
    All UPC Digital + Boxes have a scart connection.
    A bit disappointing. Old technology. SCARTs are becoming very rare on TVs nowaways.

Hi novice

This is not a loyalty offer, this is a new customer offer available for boardies.

If you would like to transfer to one of our current new bundles, I can look after that for you. Existing customers can opt to move to one of the new bundles, however you will commence a new 12 month contract on the day of activation.

Our HD boxes have a HDMI connection, with those boxes carrying a High Definition signal.

Standard Boxes carry a standard definition digital signal, so scart is the standard connection for those boxes.

If you require a High Definition feed/box you must subscribe to HD from UPC, which costs an additional €5 per month.

If you would like to upgrade or to move to a new bundle please feel free to call my team directly on 1890940635 or you can contact our loyalty department on 1908

Many Thanks

Jason
    Surely you can do better for customer loyalty?

SCARTs are becoming very rare on TVs nowaways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

New customers get 6 months reduced. a €50 voucher, and free activation.
    Surely you can do better for customer loyalty? What about waiving the (hidden) activation fee for boardsies?

I have to say I agree with this. I came onto this thread thinking I would avail of this offer and upgrade my tv package to broadband and phone but now I'm thinking twice and will look around.
    It is disappointing to see your custom unappreciated. I think the activation fee waiver would be at least an acknowledgement of loyalty.

• Advertisement

Existing customers can opt to move to one of the new bundles, however you will commence a new 12 month contract on the day of activation.
    That's what I would be interested in, and I'm happy to pay UPC the increased subscription, but don't see what service UPC offer for the €45 activation fee. Can I not just get the box in the post/courier?
    Standard Boxes carry a standard definition digital signal, so scart is the standard connection for those boxes.
    Ah yes, but SCART is a 40 year old analogue standard, and is rapidly disappearing on modern TVs, and never on PC monitors.
    HDMI is digital, ideally suited for connection betwen digital STB a modern digital TV, whatever the resolution. And HDMI's CEC support is a very useful feature.

Hi novice

I have sent you a PM

Thanks

Jason
    That's what I would be interested in, and I'm happy to pay UPC the increased subscription.

***Special offer*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation of new bundles until the end of April**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user****

• Registered Users Posts: 3 martinp77

Jason,
    I am in the same boat as Novice. I am a NTL/UPC tv customer for 8-9 years and want to upgrade to broadband. Why should I be treated different to a new customer when I have been with UPC for so long? Should I not qualify for my loyalty to UPC?

Hi martinp77

Please pm me all your details.
    Thanks

Cheers

Jason

martinp77 wrote: »
    Jason,
    I am a NTL/UPC tv customer for 8-9 years and want to upgrade to broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rkan

I signed up for the offer before christmas. Just wondering how i can claim the €50 voucher for carphonewarehouse? I have sent an email to retail sales but thinking i might get a faster response here.

Thanks!

Hi rkan

Sorry for the delay. Please call me team directly on 1890940635/051595143 and they can track it down for you straight away.

(They can get a reference number for you to quote in store)

Thanks

Jason
    rkan wrote: »
    I signed up for the offer before christmas. Just wondering how i can claim the €50 voucher for carphonewarehouse? I have sent an email to retail sales but thinking i might get a faster response here.

Thanks!

***Special offer just 8 days left*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation of new bundles until the end of April**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 fifi2

Hi Jason,

I am interested in the following bundle 'Max with 50Mb Broadband', its TV and broadband only as I don't need a home phone.
    Is there any offers in respect of this bundle at the moment? I just moved home and I had UPC tv and broadband in my old apartment but the account wasnt in my name.

I would be really interested in hearing about any offers?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Hi Jason,

Im an existing UPC Customer, and would like to speak to someone about a new bundle

Currently on Digital Extra, 2 multiroom, 1 HD, 1 Standard Box, 25 mb Broadband

I rang your sales team and was given short shrift which did not impress at all.

Also with new price increases coming in, I feel my loyalty isnt rewarded

Can you assist?

Hi there ispini1984

Sorry but I am not entirely sure what you are looking for, as you have said you already spoke to one of my sales colleagues and didnt get what you were looking for.

Without knowing the exact details of your account I cannot advise you in detail, however based on what you said, if you are on 25mb, are you looking for an upgrade to one of the current higher speed bundles? Please call 1890940635 and my team can switch you onto the Fibre Essential HD Bundle (subject to having 50mb available at your home) or If you want more TV channels they can upgrade you to the HD bundle. (subject to standard terms & conditions)

Thanks

Jason

ispini1984 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Im an existing UPC Customer, and would like to speak to someone about a new bundle

Currently on Digital Extra, 2 multiroom, 1 HD, 1 Standard Box, 25 mb Broadband

I rang your sales team and was given short shrift which did not impress at all.

Also with new price increases coming in, I feel my loyalty isnt rewarded

Can you assist?

Hi there fifi2

Yes, you can order this week via boards on www.upc.ie/boardsoffer or by calling 1890940635 and you can get the TV/Broadband bundle installed free and get a €50 voucher from either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical

Thanks

Jason
    fifi2 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I am interested in the following bundle 'Max with 50Mb Broadband', its TV and broadband only as I don't need a home phone.
    Is there any offers in respect of this bundle at the moment? I just moved home and I had UPC tv and broadband in my old apartment but the account wasnt in my name.

I would be really interested in hearing about any offers?

Thanks!

***Special offer just 7 days left*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation of new bundles until the end of April**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user****

Thanks for that Jason, I tried the link online but there was no option for the bundle I am interested in which is €66/month. I tried to call but I couldnt get through. Could you also confirm what the free installation involves? I thought all of these packages were self installation. Any help would be appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 GroundHog

Hi Jason

interested in the "Essential Bundle" with additional 100min on phone, but do I class as an Existing customer as I already have a TV package with yourselves - even thought this would be a switch to all services?

Hi GroundHog

Yes you have existing services so are not a new customer. My team can still move you into the bundle you require, and add the extra minutes for you to the bundle, so you will move to a €71 a month price point for The Essential Bundle c/w Anywhere 200, and this will mean a new 12 month contract.

Please free free to call them direct on 1890940635 or 051595143 if you would like to proceed

Thanks

Jason
    GroundHog wrote: »
    Hi Jason

interested in the "Essential Bundle" with additional 100min on phone, but do I class as an Existing customer as I already have a TV package with yourselves - even thought this would be a switch to all services?

Hi fifi2

The bundle you require is listed on the form. It is called "The Essential Bundle"

Normally we have a standard €45 activation charge per box, regardless of if we install it or your activate the box yourself. This is currently waived when you order your new customer bundle via this boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    Thanks for that Jason, I tried the link online but there was no option for the bundle I am interested in which is €66/month. I tried to call but I couldnt get through. Could you also confirm what the free installation involves? I thought all of these packages were self installation. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for that Jason, think the essential bundle includes a homephone which im not interested in getting.
    I was looking at the 'Max with 50Mb Broadband' which is tv & broadband only.

Am i mistaken??

Many thanks!!

No problem Fifi2

That too is available for €66 per month. To order call my team on 1890940635 and say that you are ordering via the boards offer and require that bundle.

Cheers

Jason
    Thanks for that Jason, think the essential bundle includes a homephone which im not interested in getting.
    I was looking at the 'Max with 50Mb Broadband' which is tv & broadband only.

Am i mistaken??

Many thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Hi Jason,

Really intersted in a broadband and phone package with UPC. Is the installation charge waived for this type of bundle and can I avail of the boards deal for this.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 46 GroundHog

Jason

Is there a once-off cost?

I'm getting same when I go online.

ALAN

Hi Jason, I submitted by request via the link. Many thanks for your help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DublinAlert

Hi Jason,
    Please see the offer I signed up for through Boards in 07/12.

Option 20 meg Broadband + Home Phone = 43.71

Now with the latest letter I now find by Bill has gone up by Eur 4 to Eur 50.00

Can you advise how the prices have increased on this package over the last 8 months.

Regards Dublin Alert.

Date 2-7-12
    Hi there DublinAlert

No problem at all, here you go...

20 meg Broadband + Home Phone. = €31.51 per month
    20 meg Broadband + Home Phone & Anytime World.= €43.71 per month
    25 meg Broadband + Home Phone & Anytime World.= €47 per month

Regards

Jason

Hi there

The activation charges for the new bundles are being waived for this month once you order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason.
    GroundHog wrote: »
    Jason

Is there a once-off cost?

I'm getting same when I go online.

ALAN

• Advertisement

Hi there DublinAlert

Please contact 1908 and go to the billing team, they can look at your account and talk you through it (I have no system access, nor do I have your account number)

Thanks

Jason
    Hi Jason,
    Please see the offer I signed up for through Boards in 07/12.

Option 20 meg Broadband + Home Phone = 43.71

Now with the latest letter I now find by Bill has gone up by Eur 4 to Eur 50.00

Can you advise how the prices have increased on this package over the last 8 months.

Regards Dublin Alert.

Date 2-7-12
    Hi there DublinAlert

No problem at all, here you go...

20 meg Broadband + Home Phone. = €31.51 per month
    20 meg Broadband + Home Phone & Anytime World.= €43.71 per month
    25 meg Broadband + Home Phone & Anytime World.= €47 per month

Regards

Jason

Hi all

Great news. This free installation of new customer bundles has been extended for the month of May also.

Regards

Jason

[B]***Special offer*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation until the end of April**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user. To order just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer****[/B]

Hi Guys

Thanks

Jason

***Special offer just 31 days left*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation of new bundles until the end of May**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user****

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DublinAlert

Hi there DublinAlert

Please contact 1908 and go to the billing team, they can look at your account and talk you through it (I have no system access, nor do I have your account number)

Thanks

Jason
    Jason Thanks for your reply.
    I have contacted you Accounts and had the following reasons form a very help-full staff member.

Reasons for increases:
    25 Meg Broadband going up from 27 to 30.
    Phone going up from 19 to 20
    Hence new Cost Eur 50

Now been offered faster Speed of 50 Meg + Phone for Eur 48.
    (Allowing for price increase on phone)
    New 1 Year Contract.

I may be a bit slow but to me this means that as an existing customer I am been charged more that a new customer for Slower Broadband!
    I am at a bit of a loss on this one perhaps you can advise me on this.

Hi DublinAlert

We announced last week that we will be contacting the majority of current broadband customers on slower speeds between now and the summer with regard to increasing their speeds to minimum 50mb. In some cases this will mean a new modem, which will be delivered and activated for free. (subject to new 12 month contract)

This is a significant project, involving the purchase and delivery of tens of thousands of new modems, and one that UPC is heavily investing in to ensure that everybody on our network are getting Fibre Power speeds.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/upc-to-upgrade-broadband-speeds-for-200-000-customers-1.1363175

If you havent been contacted yet, you will be soon.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Jason
    I am been charged more that a new customer for Slower Broadband!
    I am at a bit of a loss on this one perhaps you can advise me on this.

To clarify the offer:

If you would like to move your services to UPC then order via this boards offer on this link only www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get your new bundle reduced for 6 months, PLUS you will get a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical.

As an additional treat, you will also get your bundle activated free of charge until May 31st (saving up to €90)

Thanks

Jason
    Hi all

Great news. This free installation of new customer bundles has been extended for the month of May also.

Regards

Jason

***Special offer just 28 days left*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation of new bundles until the end of May**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user****

***Special offer just 28 days left*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation of new bundles until the end of May**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user***

Hi all

Just 17 days left with Free Installation of your new bundle

Regards

Jason
    To clarify the offer:

If you would like to move your services to UPC then order via this boards offer on this link only www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get your new bundle reduced for 6 months, PLUS you will get a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical.

As an additional treat, you will also get your bundle activated free of charge until May 31st (saving up to €90)

Thanks

Jason

***Special offer just 28 days left*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation of new bundles until the end of May**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user***

• Registered Users Posts: 20 claredoylo

Why installation fee so high when you install it yourself and now that I have cancelled my account you want the equipment back which is what they tell you that part of the fee you are paying for equipment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Hi all

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

Freebee23 here.
    I made the switch to UPC (Broadband & Phone) over 10 days ago and am really glad I did so.
    The installation team were very professional and it went well with the guys in and out in no time, with Broadband active immediately and phone set up within a few days.
    Your customer service dept were extremely helpful and had me up and running with an account in under a week.
    Was skeptical about changing provider but so far I am really pleased that I did.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Does anyone know if there is an expiry date on the €50 voucher?
    Thanks
    Hi all

Regards

Jason

• Advertisement

Hi claredoylo

We have a standard activation fee of €45 per box. That is to set up the account, equiptment, and to pair the card. UPC own the boxes, we provide a service, which means if the box breaks we fix it or replace it free of charge. No other provider in Ireland provide this level of service, with most even charging a significant amount just to call out to your house. With UPC it is free.

This is why when customers decide to move on, we colllect the boxes.

Thanks

Jason
    claredoylo wrote: »
    Why installation fee so high when you install it yourself and now that I have cancelled my account you want the equipment back which is what they tell you that part of the fee you are paying for equipment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement