Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi cojomo2

Yes, spot on.

(The form is still not updated, but select the 50mb Bundle and my team will load it as above for you)

Thanks

Jason
    cojomo2 wrote: »
    Hi Jason..
    Im not after a horizon box, just the 50 meg broadband and phone. So it will be 25 a month for 6 months, 42 a month for the last 6 months, freer connection/activation plus a 50 euro voucher...is that correct? Thanks

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, (Plus Free Installation for a new customer triple play bundle) then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Hi All

This boards offer has been extended in its current form until September30th.

New customers can order a new UPC bundle here on boards, and get it at a special reduced introductory rate for six month, Plus, free installation of the bundle, and also receive a €50 voucher from either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical after you get installed.

Qualifying bundles are:

Horizon Essential

(80+ Channels, 19 HD Channels, 100mb Unlimited Broadband & Home Phone Freetime World)

Horizon Essential Limited

(80+ Channels, 19 HD Channels, 50mb limited Broadband & Home Phone Freetime World)

Horizon Complete

(100+ Channels, 20 HD Channels, 150mb Unlimited Broadband & Home Phone Anytime World)

The Essential Bundle

(80+ Channels, 4 HD Channels, 50mb Unlimited Broadband & Home Phone Freetime World)

Fibre 50

(50mb Unlimited Broadband & Home Phone Freetime World)

Fibre 100

(100mb Unlimited Broadband & Home Phone Freetime World)

Fibre 150

(150mb Unlimited Broadband & Home Phone Freetime World)

The rules:

This offer is only available if you order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer. Existing customers can select a bundle if they want to upgrade to the new version, (For example Horizon Complete). The Standard list pricing and €45 activation charge will apply in this instance. A 12 month contract will apply to any bundles ordered via this offer. Subject to UPC's standard terms & conditions. If you want to view them first you can do so here http://www.upc.ie/termsandconditions/

To order, just click here and fill in the form, we will do the rest for you. www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Hi Jason,

On Monday I filled in the form which you've linked but I've yet to get a response.

Hi Lemag

Sorry about that, if you email your details now to retailsales@upc.ie or call 1890940635 they can chase it up for you straight away

Thanks

Jason

QUOTE=Lemag;86139409]Hi Jason,

On Monday I filled in the form which you've linked but I've yet to get a response.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Hi Jason,

Can you define what a 'new customer' is?

i.e. If I close my account and change address am I considered a new customer at my new address or not?
    If no, how long am I considered an existing UPC customer after closing a UPC account?

Hi there

If you are an existing customer not in contract, you must close your account by giving the standard 30 days written notice. Once your account is closed, you must wait 30 days before ordering UPC services again,(even at a different address) or else your old account will be reactivated. Hope that helps

Thanks

Jason

Caliden wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Can you define what a 'new customer' is?

i.e. If I close my account and change address am I considered a new customer at my new address or not?
    If no, how long am I considered an existing UPC customer after closing a UPC account?

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, Plus Free Installation and a reduced price new customer bundle then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kearylicious

Hi Jason
    I ordered the essential bundle through the form on Sunday night. Just wondering when I should expect to hear from you guys?
    Thanks

Hi Kearylicious

Sorry, you should have been contacted by now, apologies. if you email your details now to retailsales@upc.ie or call 1890940635 they can chase it up for you straight away

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason
    I ordered the essential bundle through the form on Sunday night. Just wondering when I should expect to hear from you guys?
    Thanks

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, Plus Free Installation and a reduced price new customer bundle then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Lemag

Sorry about that, if you email your details now to retailsales@upc.ie or call 1890940635 they can chase it up for you straight away

Thanks

Jason
    Thanks Jason. Just got on to them there. The broadband service is not available in my area so I presume that this is why they hadn't followed up on my request.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Hi there

If you are an existing customer not in contract, you must close your account by giving the standard 30 days written notice. Once your account is closed, you must wait 30 days before ordering UPC services again,(even at a different address) or else your old account will be reactivated. Hope that helps

Jason

Quick question
    I will be giving my 30 days cancelation notice tomorrow.my housemate wants to keep the package that I have.
    Is it possible for her to be set up as a new customer,keep the package,phone number and modem and still avail of the new customer discounts

Hi there

Your housemate can of course sign up as a new customer, (after you close your account) however, retaining the same number is an issue, as that is tied to your account.

Best bet is to call 1908 and speak to customer service who can talk you through all your options

Thanks

Jason

Umpalumpa wrote: »

Quick question
    I will be giving my 30 days cancelation notice tomorrow.my housemate wants to keep the package that I have.
    Is it possible for her to be set up as a new customer,keep the package,phone number and modem and still avail of the new customer discounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 I M Wright

why not sign up in DID or on DID...ie, or even Carphone Warehouse where they are both offering €100 vouchers. not much of deal here getting €50!!!!!:(

Broadband & TV from Carphone Warehouse

Get €100 cash back when you sign up to a UPC Home Phone, Broadband and Digital TV Bundle. We’re talking a huge variety of channels, a range of HD pictures. pause and rewind live TV, series link recording….and that’s just the TV! Unbeatable Broadband speeds of 50MB and 100MB, with the option to double the Broadband speed for just €5 per month. Throw in the home phone with competitive call prices and you’ve got a great package wrapped up in once cost effective bundle! And for those who need to be connected when out and about, we offer a host of modems raging across the Irish networks, so that you can always access the net, even when you’re on the go.

Also, you can get a free Versus tablet worth €99.90 when you connect to either SKY TV or Broadband. Call in-store today for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

the cpw one is technically for a 100€ tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭satya

Hi there

Your housemate can of course sign up as a new customer, (after you close your account) however, retaining the same number is an issue, as that is tied to your account.

Best bet is to call 1908 and speak to customer service who can talk you through all your options

Thanks

Jason

Umpalumpa wrote: »

Hi Jason, I want to sign up for a package that has only broadband & unlimited landline calls any time. could you please tell me how much does that cost. i could not see this bundle on the link that you provided. http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

Hi Jason
    I'm wondering if UPC's services are available in the Delvin Westmeath area?

• Advertisement

Hii satya

The bundle you are looking for is the Fibre 50 c/w Anytime World. It costs €30 per month for 6 months as a new customer then goes to €47 per month. It is not listed as it is not standard, however it can still be ordered via this offer. Just select the Fibre 50 bundle and then email my team on retailsales@upc.ie after you order requesting the upgrade to Anytime World

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    satya wrote: »
    Hi there

Hi Jason, I want to sign up for a package that has only broadband & unlimited landline calls any time. could you please tell me how much does that cost. i could not see this bundle on the link that you provided. http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Thanks

Hi honda boi

We do provide Digital TV services across Westmeath, but we would need your home surveyed to guarantee service availability. Unfortunately, broadband services are limited to Athlone and Mullingar Towns at this stage within the county of Westmeath.

Regards

Jason
    honda boi wrote: »
    Hi Jason
    I'm wondering if UPC's services are available in the Delvin Westmeath area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

I was looking to cancel my broadband and phone in my name and signing up for this boards offer in my sisters name as she lives in my house also. Is this possible? I am out of contract with upc.

Hi epopnomis

If your sister wants to sign up to UPC she can personally, (after you go through the standard UPC 30 days written cancellation process), however it is not possible for you to sign up in your sisters name, it is against the data protection laws in Ireland

Thanks

Jason
    epopnomis wrote: »
    I was looking to cancel my broadband and phone in my name and signing up for this boards offer in my sisters name as she lives in my house also. Is this possible? I am out of contract with upc.

So if I ring to cancel today can I use your boards del link and get my sister to sign up in her name. As in get my new installation date 30 days from today.

• Advertisement

Hi epopnomis

No, you must give your cancellation request in writing, as per our terms & conditions. http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/289/~/cancelling-your-account

Best advice is to dial freephone 1908, press 1 for Account Services and a member of our team will advise you of your cancellation options.

Thanks in advance

regards

Jason
    So if I ring to cancel today can I use your boards del link and get my sister to sign up in her name. As in get my new installation date 30 days from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smgd

Hi Guys

I am a upc customer tv only. Love to upgrade to the 'new' record box and broadband/phone. I live in Co Kildare - does anybody out there have any comments to make about the service?
    tks:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Hello Jason,

I've a weird situation where I am a account holder in/at the house I own and lived in up to this week.

I've moved out and the tenants there are staying on for 4-8 months so they're going to split the UPC bill cost between them and send that onto me each month so the UPC service continues at the house uninterrupted

What I want to do is set up a 2nd account at the house I've moved into, is this possible?

Hi quietsailor

No problem, just order what you want here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

Hii satya

The bundle you are looking for is the Fibre 50 c/w Anytime World. It costs €30 per month for 6 months as a new customer then goes to €47 per month. It is not listed as it is not standard, however it can still be ordered via this offer. Just select the Fibre 50 bundle and then email my team on retailsales@upc.ie after you order requesting the upgrade to Anytime World

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason, do i get qualified for 50euro Carphone Warehouse voucher with this bundle. I have enequired in Carphone Warehouse yesterday and he offered me the same package(Fibre 50 c/w Anytime World) 25 euros for 6 months & 42 euros there after plus 100 euros worth tablet. Whys is it so expensive when we go direct with UPC? I called 1908 and guy said 47 euros with out anything. i don't know why diff guys give diff prices for same bundle with same company.

Hi there

The offer here on boards is not available if you call UPC direct. This is a special offer. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

The offer you refer to in carphone Warehouse relates to if you order a new triple Play bundle (they have been giving away a free tablet or €100 voucher). That offer was not available for a broadband and phone bundle. please see here www.upc.ie/retailoffer.

I hope that clarifies it for you

Thanks

Jason
    [

Hi Jason, do i get qualified for 50euro Carphone Warehouse voucher with this bundle. I have enequired in Carphone Warehouse yesterday and he offered me the same package(Fibre 50 c/w Anytime World) 25 euros for 6 months & 42 euros there after plus 100 euros worth tablet. Whys is it so expensive when we go direct with UPC? I called 1908 and guy said 47 euros with out anything. i don't know why diff guys give diff prices for same bundle with same company.

Hi there

The offer here on boards is not available if you call UPC direct. This is a special offer. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

The offer you refer to in carphone Warehouse relates to if you order a new triple Play bundle (they have been giving away a free tablet or €100 voucher). That offer was not available for a broadband and phone bundle. please see here www.upc.ie/retailoffer.

I hope that clarifies it for you

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the clarification.The guy confirmed me last night. I will go & take the offer that he said which is better.

Hi is this boards offer still running as I was going to apply this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Hi, I'm an existing broadband customer, do I qualify for this deal if I'm changing to the Horizon package?

Hi, I'm an existing broadband customer, do I qualify for this deal if I'm changing to the Horizon package?

Nope.ull have to close ur account,wait 30 days and get someone else in ur house to sign up as a new customer

• Advertisement

Is this the case. I thought that once you were cancelled you could reapply under a different member of the household without a 30 day delay.

Is this the case. I thought that once you were cancelled you could reapply under a different member of the household without a 30 day delay.

U dont need to wait 30 days for someone to apply in the same house but u still need to give upc 30 days notice of cancellation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Hey Im intrested in availing of one of these offers but want the 'Essential Bundle'
    [unlimited Internet] one for €66pm.

Can I go ahead with the Essential Bundle Limited offer with DID and simply
    immediately ask to upgrade package to the Essential Bundle Unlimited
    and keep my 6 months €50 fee since they are all that anyways.

i.e. would this then nulify my DID offer and cost me hidden upgrade charges etc?

Hi Suzuki_TL1000R

You can just order the Essential bundle in DID, and will qualify with that bundle

Thanks

Jason
    Hey Im intrested in availing of one of these offers but want the 'Essential Bundle'
    [unlimited Internet] one for €66pm.

Can I go ahead with the Essential Bundle Limited offer with DID and simply
    immediately ask to upgrade package to the Essential Bundle Unlimited
    and keep my 6 months €50 fee since they are all that anyways.

i.e. would this then nulify my DID offer and cost me hidden upgrade charges etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 gines_

Hi Jason,
    Its over 6 months to get the voucher sorted, so at this stage I can only assume there is no intention from UPC to honour the deal. In that case I wont be holding to my part of the deal either.

Im giving UPC time until the end of today to get this sorted, otherwise Im canceling DD and sending back the router first thing tomorrow morning.

HI gines

Sorry for the delay. I can only assume there is an issue with the post or a reference number is incorrect or similar.

Without your details and you connecting with my team that is all I can say at this stage.

Please call my team directly on 1890940635 and we can sort out your issue for you by contacting the retailer and tracking down the status of your voucher

Thanks

Jason
    gines_ wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    Its over 6 months to get the voucher sorted, so at this stage I can only assume there is no intention from UPC to honour the deal. In that case I wont be holding to my part of the deal either.

Im giving UPC time until the end of today to get this sorted, otherwise Im canceling DD and sending back the router first thing tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 gines_

HI gines
    Sorry for the delay. I can only assume there is an issue with the post or a reference number is incorrect or similar.
    Without your details and you connecting with my team that is all I can say at this stage.
    Please call my team directly on 1890940635 and we can sort out your issue for you by contacting the retailer and tracking down the status of your voucher
    Thanks
    Jason

Hi Jason,

I PMd my details several times already and I've been told the issue is sorted several times as well. Each time I went to CPW the voucher was not approved or there was no voucher at all.
    I wont be calling anyone and wont be explaining the whole thing at CPW desk again. Its time for UPC to get this sorted!!!
    The PM I've sent you at 10.22 today contains UPC customer no, CPW customer no, my phone no, and code given by UPC Cust Care to activate the voucher.
    I will go to CPW before the closing time today to collect the voucher. If its not ready, Im cancelling my DD tomorrow morning.
    Thanks
    Greg

Hi gines

Thanks, received your PM, I will look into this for you now and will contact Carphone for you.

Cheers

Jason
    gines_ wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

The PM I've sent you at 10.22 today contains UPC customer no, CPW customer no, my phone no, and code given by UPC Cust Care to activate the voucher.
    Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Hi UPC reps, I submitted a request for Horizon via DID's website to avail of their €100 voucher offer. All I got was a messaging stating "Your response has been recorded." Do I just wait for a call from the Sales team or do I need to do anything more from my end?

• Advertisement

HI there

It is then actually passed to us from DID's web team. If you like you can send me a PM with all your details or else call my team directly on 1890940635 and they will let you know your order status

Thanks

Jason
    SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    Hi UPC reps, I submitted a request for Horizon via DID's website to avail of their €100 voucher offer. All I got was a messaging stating "Your response has been recorded." Do I just wait for a call from the Sales team or do I need to do anything more from my end?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noname123

I applied for the fibre 50 package on Friday but have still not received a call back.

Any chance I could get a ring on Wednesday afternoon after 4? (Have pm'd the details)

Hi noname123

Hope you got sorted out. If you need any further help, please pm me

Thanks

Jason
    noname123 wrote: »
    I applied for the fibre 50 package on Friday but have still not received a call back.

Any chance I could get a ring on Wednesday afternoon after 4? (Have pm'd the details)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Hi Jason,

I'm interested in the offer (50 Mb broadband package) but have one question for you:

What's the difference between the boards offer (€25 p/m for 6 months and €42 p/m thereafter) and the "regular" offer (€39 p/m from the start). If there is no difference, why is the boards offer €3 more expensive per-month after 6 months?

Thanks!

Hi Issac

The €39 product is for broadband on its own. The Fibre 50 bundle ordered via boards is for 50mb broadband plus home phone and a call pack called Freetime World, which gives you unlimited local & National off peak calls, plus 400 minutes a month to 21 selected International destinations.

I hope that helps

Thanks

Jason
    Issac wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I'm interested in the offer (50 Mb broadband package) but have one question for you:

What's the difference between the boards offer (€25 p/m for 6 months and €42 p/m thereafter) and the "regular" offer (€39 p/m from the start). If there is no difference, why is the boards offer €3 more expensive per-month after 6 months?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Ok that's great, thanks Jason. The OH will be delighted with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 kubi.on

Hi Jason,
    is that board member offer - 50mb broadband and phone line, 25e/m for 6 months and 42e/m thereafter, no activation fee and 50e voucher still available? It's says 31 August but maybe..
    Regards
    Jacob

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Signed up as a new customer last week, never seen this :-( bollocks .

Hi kubi.on

Yes it is available until October 14th (was extended)

Please feel free to go ahead and order via the link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    kubi.on wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    is that board member offer - 50mb broadband and phone line, 25e/m for 6 months and 42e/m thereafter, no activation fee and 50e voucher still available? It's says 31 August but maybe..
    Regards
    Jacob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Perfect,
    My missus has ordered this offer. Just waiting to be called back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Hi , Is there any advantage to an existing customer looking for Horizon Complete signing up using this boardsoffer form ?
    Alos , if moving to Horizon , do you need to return the old box/router etc... or can it be retained for Multiroom ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement