Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Hi Jason,

I filled out the form on the link you provided early last week but still haven't gotten a call back. Would you be able to check that they are getting through?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Hi Jason, I ordered this last Friday 30th September and still haven't heard back.

Is there a massive backlog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my 12 month contract is just about up. we never used our 50e voucher for DID, as we had building work going on in the house and it got misslaid. Any idea if the voucher numbers were matched to the account numbers or anything..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Hi Jason,

I've just completed the trial and now I have an email to sign up to one of the bundles if I wish.

Can I use this offer? (probably the Horizon Complete)

Thanks

T

Hi Jason,

I'm still waiting on a call from the reps...
    Any updates?

Hi Jason,

I'm still waiting on a call from the reps...
    Any updates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Has anybody actually gotten the vouchers? I signed up months ago and haven't gotten them...

I still haven't heard anything and it is now 14th. Can I assume that the deal is closed and I will not be able to avail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

I still haven't heard anything and it is now 14th. Can I assume that the deal is closed and I will not be able to avail?

Same here Im waiting since last Wed for a sales girl to ring me back.
    Pain in me balls tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 24 donas

Hi Jason, Sometime back you had an offer for phone + 12Mb (or 25Mb?) broadband at a reduced price. Is that offer still available?

How does that offer compare with the current 50mb broadband plus home phone offer?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

GUys

Apologies if you cant get through. Can you try again on 1890940635 or else email retailsales@upc.ie and pass them your contact details and they will call you back

Thanks

Jason
    Same here Im waiting since last Wed for a sales girl to ring me back.

Now our entry speed is 120mb. Have a look here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    donas wrote: »
    Hi Jason, Sometime back you had an offer for phone + 12Mb (or 25Mb?) broadband at a reduced price. Is that offer still available?

How does that offer compare with the current 50mb broadband plus home phone offer?

Thanks

Hi all

Effective immediately, you can now order 120mb as standard from us.

Order The Horizon Essential bundle via boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get 120mb broadband, home phone with freetime call pack, 80+ Standard TV channels & 19 HD channels. It costs €73 per month. New customers will get it for €50 for 6 months, a €50 voucher and free activation.

For the first time, UPC have also introduced 200mb.

Order here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi all

Effective immediately, you can now order 120mb as standard from us.

Order The Horizon Essential bundle via boards www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get 120mb broadband, home phone with freetime call pack, 80+ Standard TV channels & 19 HD channels. It costs €73 per month. New customers will get it for €50 for 6 months, a €50 voucher and free activation.

For the first time, UPC have also introduced 200mb.

Order here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

And for those of us who applied for a older offers, will these be honoured?

Hi there

Yes, once the order is confirmed this week. If we have been unable to confirm your order, please email retailsales@upc.ie with your full details, and with a contact number that you will answer, and we will be in touch ASAP

Thanks

Regards

Jason
    And for those of us who applied for a older offers, will these be honoured?

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, (Plus Free Installation and a reduced price new customer Triple Play bundle) then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

It says free installation but then says (This means a TV & Broadband bundle will have a €90 activation charge, as two boxes are required)

Activation/installation ?? hardly installed until its usable.

I think I'll stay with Sky

Hi Thegalwayman

Free activation/Installation is available on new customer triple play bundles only.

TV & Broadband is not triple play. (Triple play is TV, Broadband and phone)

The offers are very clearly itemised on the order page. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    It says free installation but then says (This means a TV & Broadband bundle will have a €90 activation charge, as two boxes are required)

Activation/installation ?? hardly installed until its usable.

I think I'll stay with Sky

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, (Plus Free Installation and a reduced price on new customer Triple Play bundles) then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

The finally rang me after almost three weeks to tell me that my area was only up to 30mb, and told me that I could have that at full price plus installation cost.

Lesser product, greater price, no voucher and terrible service (and that was sales, I can't imagine what their customer service is like).

I said no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Hi Thegalwayman

Free activation/Installation is available on new customer triple play bundles only.

Thanks

Jason

Jason ,
    I am a customer currently receiving home phone & broadband from UPC.
    I am interested in adding tv & moving to the Horizon Complete Bundle.
    New customers get this bundle for a reduced rate of €50 a month for six months - a total saving of €180.

I recently received a letter informing me my bill was being increased . At the end of this letter is the following :-
    " We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty, you are a valued customer and we appreciate your support to date"
    If this is in any way true, why am I being penalised for being an existing "valued customer" ?
    Cathal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Hi UPC,
    I am on an internet only plan at the moment, it's €34 a month and I have about 7months left on my 1 year contract. Can you let me know which offers apply to me? Can I get the tri bundle offer of €50 before my contract is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭b1964

cathalj wrote: »
    Hi Thegalwayman

Thanks

Jason

Jason ,
    New customers get this bundle for a reduced rate of €50 a month for six months - a total saving of €180.

I recently received a letter informing me my bill was being increased . At the end of this letter is the following :-
    " We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty, you are a valued customer and we appreciate your support to date"
    If this is in any way true, why am I being penalised for being an existing "valued customer" ?
    Cathal.

Any reply to this Jason?why are existing customers being penalised?no doubt if enough existing cusromers got together and threatened to leave,they would get the same offers as new customers.Very unfair to so called valued customers.

Hi cathalj

Existing customers can move to new bundles at any time, and will recontract at that stage at the new bundle list prices (with higher speeds etc).

What you refer here to is a new customer discount. As an exsiting customer you would have already availed of a new customer discount, when you were signing up as a new customer, so as such I am afraid, the discount is not available second time around.

Regards

Jason
    ............ why am I being penalised for being an existing "valued customer" ?
    Cathal.

Hi there cruhoortwunk

As an exsiting customer, you can upgrade to any of the new bundles at list prices.

Full details here http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/385

Thanks

Jason

listed here
    Hi UPC,
    I am on an internet only plan at the moment, it's €34 a month and I have about 7months left on my 1 year contract. Can you let me know which offers apply to me? Can I get the tri bundle offer of €50 before my contract is up?

Hi Trent Houseboat

If you are a non customer living in one of our few 30mb only areas, and would like the 30mb bundle with TV and phone, then you do qualify for voucher, reduction and free install. Please reorder via the link here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

If you were told otherwise, then I am afraid that was a mistake. Apologies.

Order this one: (You will qualify but your speed will be 30mb)

The Essential Bundle -(Select Extra TV, 50mb Unlimited Broadband & Phone Free-time World) @ €66 per month ( Offer Price is €50 per month for 6 months, a €50 voucher, plus free installation)Thanks

Jason
    The finally rang me after almost three weeks to tell me that my area was only up to 30mb, and told me that I could have that at full price plus installation cost.

Lesser product, greater price, no voucher and terrible service (and that was sales, I can't imagine what their customer service is like).

I said no thanks.

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, (Plus Free Installation and a reduced price on new customer Triple Play bundles) then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

b1964 wrote: »

Any reply to this Jason?why are existing customers being penalised?no doubt if enough existing cusromers got together and threatened to leave,they would get the same offers as new customers.Very unfair to so called valued customers.

still no reponse from Jason,:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hi b1964

Not sure what you mean, I responded to cathalj 4 posts above you?

Regards

Jason

still no reponse from Jason,:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Papav3r

Hey,

Just wondering if my contract expires and I cancel my current packages. Do I then qualify as a new customer?

I'm interested in moving onto Horizon but I'm currently on the 150mb anywhere plan. I have no real interest in having the Horizon Max as the extra channels do not interest me but at the same time I don't want to lose 30mb of speed in taking the select extra 120.

Is there any way around this?

Hi b1964

Not sure what you mean, I responded to cathalj 4 posts above you?

Regards

Jason

Jason thats a load of rubbish,why do so called valued existing customers not get the discount and free instalation,saying we got it before is wrong,there may have been free connection but there was no discount for the first 6 months,and besides we are supposed to be valued customers "upc words"surely existing customers should have there loyalty rewarded?

Hi Papav3r

You can upgrade to the Horizon Complete bundle, which has 200mb broadband as standard now. (up from 150mb last week). As an upgrade you are already a customer and it will cost €80 per month for all 3 services.

Thanks

Jason
    Papav3r wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering if my contract expires and I cancel my current packages. Do I then qualify as a new customer?

I'm interested in moving onto Horizon but I'm currently on the 150mb anywhere plan. I have no real interest in having the Horizon Max as the extra channels do not interest me but at the same time I don't want to lose 30mb of speed in taking the select extra 120.

Is there any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Hi Papav3r

You can upgrade to the Horizon Complete bundle, which has 200mb broadband as standard now. (up from 150mb last week). As an upgrade you are already a customer and it will cost €80 per month for all 3 services.

Thanks

Jason

Why deliberately ignore b1964's comment? Just because it's an awkward one to answer? It's ridiculous that current customers don't get free installation, if anything it will encourage existing customers to leave UPC. Why don't existing customers get free connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Why deliberately ignore b1964's comment? Just because it's an awkward one to answer? It's ridiculous that current customers don't get free installation, if anything it will encourage existing customers to leave UPC. Why don't existing customers get free connection?
    UPC are opperating a business, not a community service. It's their prerogative to offer whatever incentives they wish for attracting new customers and for keeping existing customers. If they get this aspect of their business strategy wrong they'll know about it through a downturn is sales and renewells. I doubt very much that b1964 is still with UPC due to a sense of loyalty. If they feel that they can get a better deal elsewhere then they are free to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Lemag wrote: »
    UPC are opperating a business, not a community service. It's their prerogative to offer whatever incentives they wish for attracting new customers and for keeping existing customers. If they get this aspect of their business strategy wrong they'll know about it through a downturn is sales and renewells. I doubt very much that b1964 is still with UPC due to a sense of loyalty. If they feel that they can get a better deal elsewhere then they are free to do so.

Thanks for the response but I wasn't looking for your take on the matter, my question was for Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Hi cathalj

Existing customers can move to new bundles at any time, and will recontract at that stage at the new bundle list prices (with higher speeds etc).

What you refer here to is a new customer discount. As an exsiting customer you would have already availed of a new customer discount, when you were signing up as a new customer, so as such I am afraid, the discount is not available second time around.

Regards

Jason

Jason,

Surely an existing customer ,(out of contract),entering into a new (more expensive) contract should attract the same benefits as a new customer signing up for the same contract ?
    Is it not as important to retain customers as attract new ones ?
    The farce of this situation is that I was informed by upc customer loyalty department that I could cancel my account & immediately rejoin as a "new" customer and thus avail of the offer !!!
    How is this good business ?
    This policy is a joke and your claim to value your loyal customers is an insult.
    Response ??
    Cathal.

Hi cathalj

In direct answer to your question. This offer is not dircted at existing customers, it is only directed at new customers that use boards and that is very clearly stated. We do have loyalty offers, and communicate about them in other forums and directly with our customers. I am not permitted to discuss that in this arena, as this is a bargain alert for boards users

Thanks

Jason

Is it not as important to retain customers as attract new ones ? .

Hi Trent Houseboat

If you are a non customer living in one of our few 30mb only areas, and would like the 30mb bundle with TV and phone, then you do qualify for voucher, reduction and free install. Please reorder via the link here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

If you were told otherwise, then I am afraid that was a mistake. Apologies.

Order this one: (You will qualify but your speed will be 30mb)

The Essential Bundle -(Select Extra TV, 50mb Unlimited Broadband & Phone Free-time World) @ €66 per month ( Offer Price is €50 per month for 6 months, a €50 voucher, plus free installation)Thanks

Jason

I was told otherwise, but thanks for getting back to me. I've gone with Magnet now anyway.

Trent Houseboat

No worries, sorry for the confusion

Regards

Jason
    I was told otherwise, but thanks for getting back to me. QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Are there free vouchers for currys when you join UPC?
    We are currently looking at a tv in currys so that would be handy.
    Thinking about signing up for the broadband offer 25euro for 6months and 44euro after

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

I emailed D.I.D about signing up for upc. I was wondering when should i hear back from them as im keen to move from sky as the speeds are no use.
    Steve

Hi stevekavo

You are better off filling in the order form on their website http://www.did.ie/upc

Then, you will actually be placing a direct order with us, and we load it into our systems straight away (or advise you if there is an issue with the order)

Thanks

Jason
    stevekavo wrote: »
    I emailed D.I.D about signing up for upc. I was wondering when should i hear back from them as im keen to move from sky as the speeds are no use.
    Steve

Hi there RickyBobby1

Yes, if you order the 120 or 200mb broadband bundles in Currys PC World you will get a voucher off them for €50

If you order a new Horizon bundle, you will get a €100 voucher

Cheers

Jason
    Are there free vouchers for currys when you join UPC?
    We are currently looking at a tv in currys so that would be handy.
    Thinking about signing up for the broadband offer 25euro for 6months and 44euro after

• Advertisement

Hi stevekavo

You are better off filling in the order form on their website http://www.did.ie/upc

Then, you will actually be placing a direct order with us, and we load it into our systems straight away (or advise you if there is an issue with the order)

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason if i sign up direct will i still get the 6 months half price as well as the €50 voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Hi there RickyBobby1

Yes, if you order the 120 or 200mb broadband bundles in Currys PC World you will get a voucher off them for €50

If you order a new Horizon bundle, you will get a €100 voucher

Hi Jason

Thanks for that.
    Are the prices neogitable or are they set in stone?

RickyBobby1

They are locked down as they are

Thanks

Jason
    Hi Jason

Thanks for that.
    Are the prices neogitable or are they set in stone?

Hi stevekavo

If you mean if you order direct with DID via their link, then yes, you will get the discount and voucher via their site. www.did.ie/upc

If you order direct with UPC then, no, you will not get the DID voucher, as DID are supplying that themselves.

Or you can order via boards here and get both too. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason if i sign up direct will i still get the 6 months half price as well as the €50 voucher?

Hi stevekavo

If you mean if you order direct with DID via their link, then yes, you will get the discount and voucher via their site. www.did.ie/upc

If you order direct with UPC then, no, you will not get the DID voucher, as DID are supplying that themselves.

Or you can order via boards here and get both too. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

Jason on the link it says that the 6 month discount is only if you order the triple play package, as where on DID 's website it is for the 120mb unlimited with home phone also. can you confirm?

Hi

On their website it actually says this: (confirming its availability with boadband bundles also)

Broadband + Phone Bundles
    • 120mb Broadband & Phone Freetime World Bundle >> €44 per month ( €25 per month for 6 months for new customers & a €50 DID Electrical Voucher)
    • 200mb Broadband & Phone Freetime World Bundle >> €52 per month( €35 per month for 6 months for new customers & a €50 DID Electrical Voucher)
    Hope that helps

Thanks

Jason
    Jason on the link it says that the 6 month discount is only if you order the triple play package, as where on DID 's website it is for the 120mb unlimited with home phone also. can you confirm?

Hi

On their website it actually says this: (confirming its availability with boadband bundles also)

Broadband + Phone Bundles
    • 120mb Broadband & Phone Freetime World Bundle >> €44 per month ( €25 per month for 6 months for new customers & a €50 DID Electrical Voucher)
    • 200mb Broadband & Phone Freetime World Bundle >> €52 per month( €35 per month for 6 months for new customers & a €50 DID Electrical Voucher)
    Hope that helps

Thanks

Jason

Would i still get the €25 per month for 6 months if i signed up direct using the boards.ie offer?

Hi There stevekavo

Yes that offer also now applies on boards. The form is being updated today to reflect that.

Thanks

Jason
    Would i still get the €25 per month for 6 months if i signed up direct using the boards.ie offer?

Hi There stevekavo

Yes that offer also now applies on boards. The form is being updated today to reflect that.

Thanks

Jason
    Thanks Jason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Cafu82

Hi Jason,

I signed up for the Horizon tv, internet and phone bundle on Friday but have just come across this deal now.
    Is there any chance of still receiving the voucher after signing up? I know its a long shot!!

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement