Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Again, nothing for existing customers – it’s a little unfair to be honest, to see all these great deals and know that if I want to change my broadband provider to UPC (I currently have UPC TV only) I have to pay full whack...

What makes it even more annoying is that when we rang up 6 weeks ago asking about the bundles 2 separate sales reps told us that there would be no new bundles or deals offered until at least winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi

This offer is not, nor was it ever designed for existing UPC customers. It is a bargain alerts offer for any boards users considering switching to UPC, and it gives them a special offer

That said, we are always looking at new avenues, and if an offer becomes available, I will make it available on here too. Watch this space.

Regards

Jason
    A Disgrace wrote: »
    Again, nothing for existing customers – it’s a little unfair to be honest, to see all these great deals and know that if I want to change my broadband provider to UPC (I currently have UPC TV only) I have to pay full whack...

Hi Darko

As above, this is a special offer, only available on boards. This is not available when you call us direct, and the team in the call centre have no visibility of any planned changes until they are launched

Apologies

Jason
    What makes it even more annoying is that when we rang up 6 weeks ago asking about the bundles 2 separate sales reps told us that there would be no new bundles or deals offered until at least winter.

Www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Darko

As above, this is a special offer, only available on boards. This is not available when you call us direct, and the team in the call centre have no visibility of any planned changes until they are launched

Apologies

Jason

Www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

I hope people who avail of this offer actually get what they signed up for.

I signed up to the €25 a month for 6 month deal, with €37 a month for the next 6 months.

UPC then proceeded to bill my first bill incorrectly, without including the discount. Instead of the normal and logic thing to do to correct it and just bill from normal from the second month on, they then proceeded to give me the 6 month discount (€12 a month) as one block discount (€72). So in the end, instead of paying €25 a month, for which people sign up and budget for, I won't pay the figure of €25 for 1 single month of those 6.

Do UPC not realise that people get deals like this mostly because they know the bill will only be a certain amount in a month, and that they can budget for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Hi Jason, any idea how long this offer will be available for? I'm moving in a couple of weeks & would love to avail of it!

Corholio wrote: »
    I hope people who avail of this offer actually get what they signed up for.

I signed up to the €25 a month for 6 month deal, with €37 a month for the next 6 months.

UPC then proceeded to bill my first bill incorrectly, without including the discount. Instead of the normal and logic thing to do to correct it and just bill from normal from the second month on, they then proceeded to give me the 6 month discount (€12 a month) as one block discount (€72). So in the end, instead of paying €25 a month, for which people sign up and budget for, I won't pay the figure of €25 for 1 single month of those 6.

Do UPC not realise that people get deals like this mostly because they know the bill will only be a certain amount in a month, and that they can budget for it?

Our first and second bill have been wring. It's incredibly frustrating and the phone reps are God awful.

And Jason, we didn't order on the phone. We rang up to enquire about the service and then ordered online. Only we were told that after ordering we would get a call about the boards offer but then a rep here said that the order had to be done through a certain link. The sales rep also told us that we got a number of mobile calls included in the online package but that was a lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

Hi Jason,

My parents have all services with you and the 120 internet is great, they had some problems and the guy you sent out to them after I called was great and very helpful. I'm planning on getting your service myself but have some quick questions:

Can you downgrade while on contract? Does it really only cost 10eur to do so?
    Is the 18 month contract a new thing, I always remember 12 month contracts?
    Is the fiber chat 60 limited covered by the boards offer?(unlikely ill go for a limited package)

Cheers,
    Dan

Hi there

Yes you can downgrade your services. (if you cancel there is a cancellation charge) It does cost €10 admin fee to downgrade to a lower tiered product (for example less speed or channels, if there is a lower tier).

Any customers taking these incredible reduced price bundles now have an 18 month contract. It is new, but these are are lowest prices ever and the best value out there, guaranteed.

All new customer bundles are covered by this offer

www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    dcollins wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Can you downgrade while on contract? Does it really only cost 10eur to do so?
    Is the 18 month contract a new thing, I always remember 12 month contracts?
    Is the fiber chat 60 limited covered by the boards offer?(unlikely ill go for a limited package)

Cheers,
    Dan

Hi there

No problem, it will run for the next couple of months as it is.

Regards

Jason
    Muir wrote: »
    Hi Jason, any idea how long this offer will be available for? I'm moving in a couple of weeks & would love to avail of it!

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, Plus Free Activation of your bundle, and a reduced price on new customer bundles, then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

@Jason - Thanks! How much is the cancellation fee? Is it just the remaining amount of all the months left put together i.e. pay off your whole contract to finish? Thanks for your time.

Hi again. No problem at all. We have a straighforward flat fee of €200 if you decide to cancel. http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/270/~/cancellation-fee
    (Plus you must return our equipment)

Thanks

Jason
    dcollins wrote: »
    @Jason - Thanks! How much is the cancellation fee? Is it just the remaining amount of all the months left put together i.e. pay off your whole contract to finish? Thanks for your time.

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, (Plus Free Installation and a reduced price on new customer bundles) then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Is the only difference between these offers and the one on the main site is the voucher? It says free activation both the boards offer and the main site. For example with the Horizon Complete bundle, I see no difference at all but besides a 50e voucher. Am I correct?

HI stamjoe

Yes, all boardies who order via this link get a €50 voucher from either DID Electrical or Carphone Warehouse, plus they get the offer available on our website too

www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    stamjoe wrote: »
    Is the only difference between these offers and the one on the main site is the voucher? It says free activation both the boards offer and the main site. For example with the Horizon Complete bundle, I see no difference at all but besides a 50e voucher. Am I correct?

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, (Plus Free Installation and a reduced price on new customer bundles) then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭crustybread

Hi Jason,

Any idea when the fibre and horizon options will be available in Ratoath. I live in the Fox Lodge area.

Thanks

Hi crustybread

Unfortunately, your estate was not cabled by your developer initially, so we have no existing network in place to upgrade to fibre.

Sorry this doesnt give you the answer you were looking for.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Any idea when the fibre and horizon options will be available in Ratoath. I live in the Fox Lodge area.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭crustybread

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. That doesn't suprise me. Builder was a joke.

Probably not an answer you'd be able to provide but If there was enough interest in the UPC offerings, would UPC consider cabling the estate?

Thanks

Best to say it again but if you ring UPC and they tell you to order online and then ring them up at a later time to get your voucher then your being lied to. We were told jury go to the website and sign up. Then ring them with my username on here and I'd get my voucher. Nope didn't work that way but lying is something UPC like to do

Hi Darko

Many hundreds of satisfied boardies have availed of this offer since its launch 4 years ago, and continue to do so.

If you feel you have been wronged for some reaon, then please pm me with your details and I will look into it for you

The terms for this offer are very clear. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer . You must order via the dedicated boards link in order to qualify for this offer. Just ordering online will have no attachment to this offer.

"Offer is exclusive to registered users of Boards.ie. Limited to one voucher per new customer. Only enquiries submitted via this dedicated form will be eligible for this offer. "

Thanks

Jason
    Best to say it again but if you ring UPC and they tell you to order online and then ring them up at a later time to get your voucher then your being lied to.

Hi crustybread

To be honest, it would really depend on a number of things, for example:

1) Do we have fibre close to the estate to connect to
    2) Would all residents in the estate be prepared to have a cable clipped along the eves of their property, and linked to the next home (as it is unlikely there is any ducting in the ground we could access). - And be prepared to give us written permission for this.
    3) Could we get permission to do all this with the authorities

If you would like to know more, drop me a PM

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Probably not an answer you'd be able to provide but If there was enough interest in the UPC offerings, would UPC consider cabling the estate?

Thanks

Hi Darko

Many hundreds of satisfied boardies have availed of this offer since its launch 4 years ago, and continue to do so.

If you feel you have been wronged for some reaon, then please pm me with your details and I will look into it for you

The terms for this offer are very clear. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer . You must order via the dedicated boards link in order to qualify for this offer. Just ordering online will have no attachment to this offer.

"Offer is exclusive to registered users of Boards.ie. Limited to one voucher per new customer. Only enquiries submitted via this dedicated form will be eligible for this offer. "

Thanks

Jason

Many hundreds have but there is a complete disconnect between what UPC phone operators say and what we are told on here. Sure we felt hard done by but when I brought it up here before I was pretty much told, tough luck. You work for a company who have an online presence and a phone presence and are often at odds. We were told on the phone that our package included 100 minutes of mobile calls but now everyone says that's not true and we were never told that, funny how it was stated to both me and my house-mate in two separate calls.

When we mentioned the offer for boards users at first they had no idea what we were talking about and it took a second individual to come along and clear it up. We we then told to order online (as we had planned to all allong) and then ring back up with our boards user name and they'd sort it out.

• Advertisement

Hi crustybread

We now have a form available if you were interested in following through on behalf of residents http://www.upc.ie/residentsassociation/

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

We really want to change to UPC but atm we're in Kerry and UPC is not offered down here. We are moving to Galway in September and we are going to move over to UPC. Is there any deals we can avail of at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jimmyswinnin

Any sign of horizon coming to Ratoath? I'm in the steeplechase estate...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Hi just wondering when do you receive the voucher from the boards offer? 3 months in now and haven't received it

Hi

It depends on which voucher. DID normally post them within 30 days, but Carphone Warehouse dont post them, you redeem it from a shop quoting your reference number. Please call my team on 1890940635 and they can try assist

Thanks

Jason
    traineeacc wrote: »
    Hi just wondering when do you receive the voucher from the boards offer? 3 months in now and haven't received it

Hi Jimmyswinnin

I understand plans are afoot, however, no firm date is visible in the system at this stage

Thanks

Jason
    Any sign of horizon coming to Ratoath? I'm in the steeplechase estate...

Hi PLL

Too early to say if the current offer will still be available in September, but we always have excellent offers available. Have a look once you have your address selected (best check with agent first to ensure the place you are moving to is cabled for UPC)

Thanks

Jason
    PLL wrote: »
    We really want to change to UPC but atm we're in Kerry and UPC is not offered down here. We are moving to Galway in September and we are going to move over to UPC. Is there any deals we can avail of at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Hi

It depends on which voucher. DID normally post them within 30 days, but Carphone Warehouse dont post them, you redeem it from a shop quoting your reference number. Please call my team on 1890940635 and they can try assist

Thanks

It

Jason

It's did will call as it's well passed 30 days thanka

Thanks

Regards

Jason
    traineeacc wrote: »
    It's did will call as it's well passed 30 days thanka

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BeGrand!

Hello!

I stupidly signed up to UPC after seeing this and then forgot to use the above form, I've now just remembered and wondering if it's too late? We signed up about 20 days ago.

Cheers :)

• Advertisement

Hi BeGrand!;

If you have already been installed and are connected then I'm afraid its too late.

Thanks

Jason

BeGrand! wrote: »
    Hello!

wondering if it's too late? We signed up about 20 days ago.

BeGrand! wrote: »
    Hello!

I stupidly signed up to UPC after seeing this and then forgot to use the above form, I've now just remembered and wondering if it's too late? We signed up about 20 days ago.

On the phone UPC told us to sign up online and then ring back to get my voucher. Sadly, like most things you hear from UPC it was a pack of lies.

Darko

As already previously responded to you. The terms & conditions for this offer are very clear (and always have been). This is a boards offer, not available when you call us, and only available when you sign up, via boards using the dedicated boards link.

www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

This is a system requirement. Vouchers can only be sanctioned once the order originated from boards. Unfortunately, if the code isnt there, we physically cannot release vouchers.

Regards

Jason
    On the phone UPC told us to sign up online and then ring back to get my voucher. Sadly, like most things you hear from UPC it was a pack of lies.

The point is that you have UPC reps lying to customers. Doesn't matter if what I say is wrong, it's merely what I was told when I rang up to enquire about a few details. I know of two others who were told the same thing.

Hi Mr.S

I see you signed up at 8pm. The team would be finished at that stage. It should get managed for you this morning (I'll keep an eye on it for you)

Thanks

Jason
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Signed up via www.upc.ie/boardsoffer this evening but never got a confirmation email, am I meant too? or should I expect a call?

Hi Mr.S

Yes, you get a wifi router included.

Cheers

Jason
    Mr.S wrote: »

Jason, got a confirmation email this morning and a follow up text to send off proof of ID / Address which i've done.

This offer includes a wifi router yeah, the site just mentions equipment but just wondering if thats just a router!

Be very careful with how UPC bill you. Went from being delighted to getting a €25 a month for 6 months Fibre 50 pack, knowing I'd only be paying that every month, to UPC completely messing up the first bill and charging me more, therefore giving me this stupid credit on my account that has all the 6 months discount in 1 block.

This meant that instead of paying €25 a month for 6 months, which I got for convenience, not 1 single month will I pay just €25 a month, and instead of 6 months paying €37 (normal price), I will now be paying that for 8 months.

Remember no matter how good a deal looks, the actual implentation of bills, services is when it matters. UPC let me down very, very badly here.

Be very careful with how UPC bill you. Went from being delighted to getting a €25 a month for 6 months Fibre 50 pack, knowing I'd only be paying that every month, to UPC completely messing up the first bill and charging me more, therefore giving me this stupid credit on my account that has all the 6 months discount in 1 block.

This meant that instead of paying €25 a month for 6 months, which I got for convenience, not 1 single month will I pay just €25 a month, and instead of 6 months paying €37 (normal price), I will now be paying that for 8 months.

Remember no matter how good a deal looks, the actual implentation of bills, services is when it matters. UPC let me down very, very badly here.

Pulled the same crap with us, over charged us and now they are saying that they will apply a discount to each months bill. Thinking that I'm going to be telling them where to stick their service and go with Sky. A number of friends have got rid of UPC recently in favor of SKy and are singing it's praises.

Hi Corholio

This is not a billing error thread, however, apologies if an initial mistake happened, but as you say, you had the credit for the entire discount applied to your account in 1 lump once it was reported. (this means you have received your offer). I am happy to have a look at your account for you if you PM us here with your details to ensure all is in order now for you.

Regards

Jason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Hi Jason,

I saw a few pages back where you said:

"Hi there

Yes you can downgrade your services. (if you cancel there is a cancellation charge) It does cost €10 admin fee to downgrade to a lower tiered product (for example less speed or channels, if there is a lower tier)."

Does this mean that in theory I could sign up for the 200mb package, and after say 6 months, I could downgrade to the 120mb package and just pay a €10 downgrade fee?

I wouldn't lose out on the 60% discount for the first 6 months or anything would I?

Hi Corholio

This is not a billing error thread, however, apologies if an initial mistake happened, but as you say, you had the credit for the entire discount applied to your account in 1 lump once it was reported. (this means you have received your offer). I am happy to have a look at your account for you if you PM us here with your details to ensure all is in order now for you.

Regards

Jason

Just like any bargain alert thread people are allowed give their opinions on the 'bargain' stated.

No you're wrong Jason, I did not receive the offer. The lump sum monetary amount yes, but absolutely not in the way the offer was agreed and accepted upon. Instead of 6 months being charged €25 a month, not 1 single month will only €25 be taken out of my account for this service. Can you not see there is something fundamentally wrong with that?

The very reason I got this service, and I'm sure many others, was the peace of mind that the bill would only be €25 a month. Adding the discount as a lump sum is a bizarre and stupid way to do it, the peace of mind is immediately out the window because I will now be paying the full price, €37 a month, for 8 months instead of only 6, as agreed upon.

Pulled the same crap with us, over charged us and now they are saying that they will apply a discount to each months bill. Thinking that I'm going to be telling them where to stick their service and go with Sky. A number of friends have got rid of UPC recently in favor of SKy and are singing it's praises.

Did they say they would apply a discount to each months bill? I pursued this with them and I was told that the only way the discount could be applied was as 1 whole lump sum, which is a ridiculous way of doing it. I wanted to get the discount applied on a monthly basis too which would be the best way, as it would ensure only €25 being taken out of the account, as was agreed upon.

Did they say they would apply a discount to each months bill? I pursued this with them and I was told that the only way the discount could be applied was as 1 whole lump sum, which is a ridiculous way of doing it. I wanted to get the discount applied on a monthly basis too which would be the best way, as it would ensure only €25 being taken out of the account, as was agreed upon.

We're still waiting for out refund and demanding that the full sum is returned to my bank account. I do not want it taken off the bill, especially not if they plan to take a certain percentage off each month. I know that if I underpaid UPC wouldn't be accepting of me dividing the amount owed and paying a small percentage for 10 or so months.

Since the middle of last week any time I try to access by recordings I get an empty screen. In order to get them to show up I have to unplug the box and leave it for a few minutes. It's absolutely ridiculous that I have to jump through hoops in order to use the service that I'm paying for, especially when each month since getting it UPC have overcharged us.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

We're still waiting for out refund and demanding that the full sum is returned to my bank account. I do not want it taken off the bill, especially not if they plan to take a certain percentage off each month. I know that if I underpaid UPC wouldn't be accepting of me dividing the amount owed and paying a small percentage for 10 or so months.

If you pay by direct debit then you have certain legal rights in respect of amount taken out of your account which you do not consider acceptable. Companies cannot do as they wish under the dd scheme!

http://www.ipso.ie/section/SEPADirectDebit

Debtors can : ........

• Request a refund for any SEPA Direct Debit within eight weeks from the date on which the SEPA Direct Debit was debited from your account. Within the eight week period your bank must refund you on a no-questions asked basis.

• Request a refund for any unauthorised SEPA Direct Debit after 8 weeks and within 13 months from the date the on which the SEPA Direct Debit was debited from your account

• Advertisement

Hi

If you would like me to get a member of our billing team to call you and talk through this, please PM us here and we will arrange that for you

Regards

Jason

Hi Darko

If you would like me to get a member of our tech support team to call you and try fix this for you, please PM us here and we will arrange that for you

Regards

Jason
    Since the middle of last week any time I try to access by recordings I get an empty screen. In order to get them to show up I have to unplug the box and leave it for a few minutes. It's absolutely ridiculous that I have to jump through hoops in order to use the service that I'm paying for, especially when each month since getting it UPC have overcharged us.

Hi Darko

If you would like me to get a member of our tech support team to call you and try fix this for you, please PM us here and we will arrange that for you

Regards

Jason

Is that the same Technical team whom last time I spoke to them had no record of ever speaking to me before. Honestly my experience with UPC has been one of increasing frustration, nothing works as advertised and in order to get online I have cables running all over the house as the wifi is a fucking joke. The TV isn't much better and all the issues that are reported are met with a "our technical team is working on it but we have no idea when or if we will actually have a solution to it. It's obvious that UPC released a subpar product and in the year or so since haven't done a thing to improve it or combat any of the numerous known issues, the fact that the phone staff boast about the warning being added to the delete everything option says a lot.

Hi there Darko

I am offering help here. I have no idea who you spoke to as you have not shared with me your account details. If you would like assistance, then please PM us here and we will look at your account and will pass to a supervisor to look into your issue.

Thanks

Jason
    Is that the same Technical team whom last time .

Hi there Darko

I am offering help here. I have no idea who you spoke to as you have not shared with me your account details. If you would like assistance, then please PM us here and we will look at your account and will pass to a supervisor to look into your issue.

Thanks

Jason

I have sent PMs to the UPC reps here and each time it's the same excuses and promises that the problems will be looked into. I'm sick of it all tbh and it's obvious that neither yourself or any of the other UPC reps here give a damn. If yeah did then you would actually engage with the users here, offer up solutions to issues and not simply ask people to PM yeah or copy and past in the old "our technicians are looking into it but we have no time frame for a firmware update" to fix the dozens of known issues. I have spoke to a dozen people at UPC and still am nowhere closer to having a Horizion set that works as advertised or wifi that is usable.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement