Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi Mr.S

It depends.

DID Electrical post them out 30 days after installation. Carphone Warehouse give a reference number and you can spend your €50 instore

Thanks

Jason
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Just wondering when people typically receive the voucher in the post?

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, (Plus Free Installation and a reduced price on new customer bundles) then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Of course, please PM me your details so I can check with them

Cheers

Jason
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I still haven't gotten my DID Electrical voucher in the post, can you check what the delay is please :)?

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, (Plus Free Installation and a reduced price on new customer bundles) then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Are the reps aware that their phone staff are still telling people that they can claim this offer simply by going to the UPC site, signing up for a package and then ringing back with their boards name? It's what I was told before we signed up though the UPC reps here were quick to tell me that it wasn't true, yet a friend of mind was told the same story on the phone last night.

Darko

Thanks for pointing it out. Please have your friend PM me so I can track down the recorded call, and I can speak to the rep in question, as the rules are very clear and have been communicated to our teams.

This offer is only available via boards on this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer
    (and this has been in place for 4 years and this has always been the case)

Regards

Jason
    Are the reps aware that their phone staff are still telling people that they can claim this offer simply by going to the UPC site, signing up for a package and then ringing back with their boards name? It's what I was told before we signed up though the UPC reps here were quick to tell me that it wasn't true, yet a friend of mind was told the same story on the phone last night.

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Darko

Thanks for pointing it out. Please have your friend PM me so I can track down the recorded call, and I can speak to the rep in question, as the rules are very clear and have been communicated to our teams.

This offer is only available via boards on this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer
    (and this has been in place for 4 years and this has always been the case)

Regards

Jason

Why should those of us who were misled and lied to by the phone staff not get the voucher?

Also my friend isn't on boards and opted today to go with another provider given that he felt trusting UPC who lied to him twice on the phone was a little stupid. They also told him of 100 minutes of mobile calls as part of his package

Darko.

Unfortunately, unless your friend advises me of his number and time he called I cannot track this call, and listen to it to decide if any wrong advice was given. I would be very happy to try locate it, and if anything was advised that was incorrect, I can ensure corrective action is taken.

I have also asked you to provide me with your own details to try track down your issue that you have made a lot of posts about, and you have not provided me with them. Without these details I, nor none of my colleagues can track these interactions to resolve them. Once again, I would be happy to try manage your complaint, but I need you to contact me directly to do so.

Regards

Jason

Why should those of us who were misled and lied to by the phone staff not get the voucher?

Also my friend isn't on boards and opted today to go with another provider given that he felt trusting UPC who lied to him twice on the phone was a little stupid. They also told him of 100 minutes of mobile calls as part of his package

Darko.

Unfortunately, unless your friend advises me of his number and time he called I cannot track this call, and listen to it to decide if any wrong advice was given. I would be very happy to try locate it, and if anything was advised that was incorrect, I can ensure corrective action is taken.

I have also asked you to provide me with your own details to try track down your issue that you have made a lot of posts about, and you have not provided me with them. Without these details I, nor none of my colleagues can track these interactions to resolve them. Once again, I would be happy to try manage your complaint, but I need you to contact me directly to do so.

Regards

Jason

Am I supposed to have a record of every call made, surely UPC log all accounts and have a way of connecting them to the respective account. I have tried multiple times to get something done but to no avail, either there are no records of calls or they can't be found. In this thread I was told that no matter what I was advised, there was no way I could get the voucher as I did not sign up through the link. Why would I put myself out if there is nothing in it for me.

UPC have a funny habit of not being able to find calls when it suits them, how many people requested them under the data protection laws and found that the calls they were looking for were not there

Darko

No. If you give me your phone number of the phone you called in to us on. I can try track the call. If I locate it and it confirms that you were given the incorrect advice by an agent, which in turn your were impacted as a result, I will ensure you get your voucher. I cannot however sanction that result unless I have the call records to refer to.

All you need to do is send me the details.(if you want my help)

Regards

Jason
    Am I supposed to have a record of every call made, surely UPC log all accounts and have a way of connecting them to the respective account. I have tried multiple times to get something done but to no avail, either there are no records of calls or they can't be found. In this thread I was told that no matter what I was advised, there was no way I could get the voucher as I did not sign up through the link. Why would I put myself out if there is nothing in it for me.

Q: What is this offer?
    A: This is a bargain alerts offer, for non UPC customers that want to order products from UPC

Q: What do I get?
    A: You get the same offers that you can get on our website, like reduced price bundles and free connection, but you also get a €50 voucher from either DID Electrical or Carphone Warehouse

Q: When do I get the voucher?
    A: Carphone place the e-voucher credit on account for you 30 days after you get installed. DID post it out 30 days after you get installed.

Q: How do I order and qualify?
    A: You can only order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and not by any other means. If you call our call centre you will not qualify, as this offer is restricted to boards users only.

Please read the terms & conditions of the offer on the web page you link to

Thanks

Jason

Darko

No. If you give me your phone number of the phone you called in to us on. I can try track the call. If I locate it and it confirms that you were given the incorrect advice by an agent, which in turn your were impacted as a result, I will ensure you get your voucher. I cannot however sanction that result unless I have the call records to refer to.

All you need to do is send me the details.(if you want my help)

Regards

Jason

All that information has been given twice in the past and nothing was "found". At this stage we have accepted that nothing is going to be done about it or any of the many issues affecting the Horizion box which we have made known on boards. There are thousands of people reporting similar issues and thus far all we have heard is "our engineers are working on it but we have no time frame for a firmware update".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Q: What is this offer?
    A: This is a bargain alerts offer, for non UPC customers that want to order products from UPC

Q: What do I get?
    A: You get the same offers that you can get on our website, like reduced price bundles and free connection, but you also get a €50 voucher from either DID Electrical or Carphone Warehouse

Q: When do I get the voucher?
    A: Carphone place the e-voucher credit on account for you 30 days after you get installed. DID post it out 30 days after you get installed.

Q: How do I order and qualify?
    A: You can only order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and not by any other means. If you call our call centre you will not qualify, as this offer is restricted to boards users only.

Please read the terms & conditions of the offer on the web page you link to

Thanks

Jason

Does this mean the Carphone Warehouse €50 is only valid for 30 days after installation? Wouldn't have signed up if I'd known that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I signed up for this yesterday evening, when should I expect an email confirming that I have signed up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Could anyone please advise on a good supplier of broadband and phone as I have had my fill of UPC and for my own sanity feel obliged to move from them. If anyone has had any positive dealings with ANY of the other suppliers I would be most grateful - cheers

Hi there

No, it means the voucher isnt available until 30 days after you get installed. Their voucher is valid for 12 months

Thanks

Jason
    Does this mean the Carphone Warehouse €50 is only valid for 30 days after installation? Wouldn't have signed up if I'd known that!

Hi there Dr.Rieux

You should have had a sms within 24 hours of signing up to confirm your order or else asking you to contact us is there was an issue. If this hasn't happened, please either call my team on 1890940635 or PM me and I will chase it up for you

Thanks

Jason
    Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I signed up for this yesterday evening, when should I expect an email confirming that I have signed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭midship

Hi is the online orading form down? i tried ordered both this morning and last night but the form wont submit. Thanks

Hi Jason

The form is back up and i tried to place an order

My customer service experience ordering throught his boards offer:

Been a customer for the last 4 year, initially got an introductory offer. Happy with the quality of service albeit I never had the need to contact UPC for anything customer service related currently being overcharged- 43 per month for 30mb and phone when UPC offer new customers double the speed 60mb for 30e and 6 months half price

I am currently moving house so cancelled by UPC subscription outright at my current address.

In the house I will be moving to I will be living there with others (family), no UPC subscription ( currently eircom broadband)

Being happy with UPC so far I convinced them to change from eircom, I ordered UPC initially in my name for this house, apparently I can’t do so and be consider a “new customer” given I had a subscription within 60 days, my order cancelled!

Ok fair enoguh, Anyway, family member then put through another order instead they ARE a new customer all UPC bills etc in her name, paid from her bank account, baring in mind this is a TOTALLY NEW ADDRESS without UPC. Again order cancelled…

The reason for this was that I would be "living in the house" i wasnt going to lie about that!!!

Kindly share with us the reason for such ridiculous terms and conditions, if that acctually is an offical term or condition?

I find this absolutely rediculas and would appreciate it if you could escalate this complaint.

Happy to share all detail including who i was dealing with with PM

Regards,

Over a week and no response...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

midship wrote: »
    Over a week and no response...
    Could be on holiday?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    Could be on holiday?

There are 4 or 5 UPC reps on the forums so I doubt they all are away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

There are 4 or 5 UPC reps on the forums so I doubt they all are away.
    I have only seen one in this thread, though.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    I have only seen one in this thread, though.

I would assume that they all are aware of it and as such someone has seen the post. Though this is UPC we are talking about and they've shown themselves and their staff to be useless on more than one ocassions

When UPC called to cancel the second order we questioned why it was happening, silence on the phone, followed by some vague mention that he was told to ring up and just cancel the order.

To that- the reply was OK no problem, i have no problem playing by the rules but please email me where it says that someone who has never had a UPC subscription in their lives before at an address that doesn't current have UPC inst consider a new customer. No email so far

Also didn't want to take too much of an issue with the person delivering the message, no point in shooting the messenger but did ask for it to be escalated to management.

So in short if this rep is on holidays and no one else whats to respond on boards, OK but where is my email and why hasn't anyone got back to me about the complaint by phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I signed up for this offer a month ago using the internet form. Haven't heard anything back since. I chose the carphonewarehouse offer...Is there some way you can look into this for me?

Hi midship

Sorry, just returned today from annual leave. Please feel free to PM me with all details

Thanks

Jason
    midship wrote: »

Happy to share all detail including who i was dealing with with PM

Regards,

• Advertisement

Hi messinkiapina

No problem at all, please pm me your details and we can check

Thanks

Jason
    I signed up for this offer a month ago using the internet form. Haven't heard anything back since. I chose the carphonewarehouse offer...Is there some way you can look into this for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

@UPC: Jason - I presume it's confidential information, but any chance of TV/Internet bundle for a reduced price for 6 months in near future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Hi messinkiapina

No problem at all, please pm me your details and we can check

Thanks

Jason

Sent you a PM. Did you get a chance to look it up yet?

Hi there

Yes I sent you a PM

Thanks

Jason
    Sent you a PM. Did you get a chance to look it up yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Beans_On

Any chance you can also check thsi out for me Jason please (i sent you a PM last week)

• Advertisement

Hi Beans_On

Yes, replied to your PM.

DID have a batch of vouchers going out in this Wednesdays post

Thanks

Jason
    Beans_On wrote: »
    Any chance you can also check thsi out for me Jason please (i sent you a PM last week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Beans_On

Still no sign of voucher
    Hi Beans_On

Yes, replied to your PM.

DID have a batch of vouchers going out in this Wednesdays post

Thanks

Jason

Hi

Can you give my team a call on 1890940635 with your details and they can get an update off the retailer for you regarding delivery

Thanks

Jason
    Beans_On wrote: »
    Still no sign of voucher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭brophs

Hi Jason,

Quick q. We just signed up the UPC boards offer. We're moving into a new house and there may or may not be a UPC box on the wall. It has been suggested that if there isn't do we have to pay an €80 install fee? What does the free activation refer to if so?

Thanks.

Hi there

No. If we accept your order (and service is available at your property), then if there is no box on the wall in your main viewing location, we will install one (if possible) free of charge.

Any subsequent points required in any other rooms (for example for extra tv's) would result in a €60 cabling charge.

Free activation refers to the waiving of the normally €45 charge to activate the main box supplied.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Jason

brophs wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Quick q. We just signed up the UPC boards offer. We're moving into a new house and there may or may not be a UPC box on the wall. It has been suggested that if there isn't do we have to pay an €80 install fee? What does the free activation refer to if so?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

Any chance you are able to get the Anywhere 150 instead of free time world while on the fibre power unlimited or 120 bundle?

Is this offer going to run for much longer / is there anything else in the pipeline?

Cheers,
    Dan

Hi there

Yes, no problem at all. Just place your order then call my team on 1890940635 and ask them to swap you from feetime world to Anywhere 150.

Thanks

Jason
    dcollins wrote: »
    Any chance you are able to get the Anywhere 150 instead of free time world while on the fibre power unlimited or 120 bundle?

Is this offer going to run for much longer / is there anything else in the pipeline?

Cheers,
    Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Hello Jason, i am looking to get the Horizon Complete bundle and the sky sports for 1 euro for 6 months, but i can't see any option to add the sky sports for 6 months for a euro on the boardsoffer page. Can you help me? Would love to get the 50 euro carphone warehouse voucher.

Hi united2k11

No worirries at all.

Just order the Horizon Complete bundle, and add Sky Sports. My team will apply it to your account for €1 (assuming you are a new customer)
    - Please be advised, the Sky Sports offer for €1 will end very soon.

www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    united2k11 wrote: »
    Hello Jason, i am looking to get the Horizon Complete bundle and the sky sports for 1 euro for 6 months, but i can't see any option to add the sky sports for 6 months for a euro on the boardsoffer page. Can you help me? Would love to get the 50 euro carphone warehouse voucher.

Check out our new prices and bundles here http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Look out for our new bundles that include unlimited Mobile calls as well as landline calls. For example, our 120Mb Broadband and anytime mobile, costing just €25 per month for 4 months, installed free, and you get a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical.

Also worth a massive look are our Horizon Bundles that now come with Free TV for 4 months.

Order here: www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Multi room viewing now €11 a month per additional box and 18 month contracts. Not impressed!

HI franman

There are plenty of bundles that carry a 12 month contract. It is only bundles with a significant reduced price for a period of time incur a 18 month contract.

Multiroom viewing at €11 has been the case for a long time, and still represents excellent value over SKY, who charge €15 per box

Thanks

Jason
    franman wrote: »
    Multi room viewing now €11 a month per additional box and 18 month contracts. Not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Vaioer

Check out our new prices and bundles here http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Look out for our new bundles that include unlimited Mobile calls as well as landline calls. For example, our 120Mb Broadband and anytime mobile, costing just €25 per month for 4 months, installed free, and you get a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical.

Also worth a massive look are our Horizon Bundles that now come with Free TV for 4 months.

Order here: www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

Any offer for those of us where the infrastructure is so poor that we can't get any of these bundles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

@Jason - Sent you a PM

Hi dcollins

Please give my team a call on 1890940635, and they can chase the status of you order immediately for you.(as I am remote today)
    Thanks

Jason
    dcollins wrote: »
    @Jason - Sent you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Tried to place an order, on submit I got this error...

7hR7zP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alanindublin

I received the same "500 error". Tried to sign up for Value 60 bundle.
    Can you please send me a PM.

Thanks.

J o e wrote: »
    Tried to place an order, on submit I got this error...

Jason I just sent you a PM with my order details. The form is still giving a 500 error (like Alanindublin, a Value 60 bundle order).

I received the same "500 error". Tried to sign up for Value 60 bundle.
    Can you please send me a PM.

Thanks.

You might want to try again this evening, the form seemed to work for me just now. Hopefully someone from UPC will come on here and confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Alanindublin

J o e wrote: »
    You might want to try again this evening, the form seemed to work for me just now. Hopefully someone from UPC will come on here and confirm.

It seems to work now - thanks for the heads up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement