Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Sorry guys, was a gremlin, all sorted now.

Regards

Jason

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, (Plus Free Installation and a reduced price on new customer bundles) then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

How long does it take to receive the DID Electrical voucher? Order placed on 1st December.

Hi there

30 days following your installation.

As it falls over the Xmas break, expect it first week of January

Thanks

Jason
    J o e wrote: »
    How long does it take to receive the DID Electrical voucher? Order placed on 1st December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Would have been nice to be told when signing up there were €50 vouchers going..

Hi Into The Blue

Sorry you missed out. This offer has been running on boards now for almost 5 years for bargain alert users via the dedicated link from boards only.

Cheers

Jason

Would have been nice to be told when signing up there were €50 vouchers going..

If you would like a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, (Plus Free Installation and a reduced price on new customer bundles) then just click through here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

Are there any broadband deals with 12 month contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Is the offer only for new customers?

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Into The Blue

Sorry you missed out. This offer has been running on boards now for almost 5 years for bargain alert users via the dedicated link from boards only.

Cheers

Jason
    Thanks for the info. I just got a mail less than 3 weeks after signing up for 120mB to say once my intro offer is over, my bill will be higher than agreed and the option to pull out of the contract.

Can I do so and then sign back up on the 240mb plan (now same price) and get my 50 voucher?

Or is it only for first time customers?

Cheers.

Thanks for the info. I just got a mail less than 3 weeks after signing up for 120mB to say once my intro offer is over, my bill will be higher than agreed and the option to pull out of the contract.

Can I do so and then sign back up on the 240mb plan (now same price) and get my 50 voucher?

Or is it only for first time customers?

Cheers.
    Rang to cancel and resign.. The lad said I had to be out of contact 2 months before I could sign up again.. Asked could my wife sign up from the same address, he said not to go to all that bother, and upped my package to the 240mb, with half price for four months!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Hi Jason.

My sister and partner signed up through the deal link but never heard back. They contacted UPC by phone afterwards and forgot to mention the deal but felt they didn't need to. Can you please let me know how they go about getting their DID voucher? They got connected on 29/12/14.

• Advertisement

Hi Wizweb

Please have one of them contact me by PM here and I will investigate. I will check their order via boards and will assist where I can. If they ordered via the boards link they will qualify. If they ordered via telesales they do not.

Thanks

Jason
    WIZWEB wrote: »
    Hi Jason.

My sister and partner signed up through the deal link but never heard back. They contacted UPC by phone afterwards and forgot to mention the deal but felt they didn't need to. Can you please let me know how they go about getting their DID voucher? They got connected on 29/12/14.

Hi All

Just to summarise this offer again.

If you want to order a new customer bundle with UPC, do so via this bargain alerts link, www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get a €50 voucher for either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical, plus 4 months discount, and free connection of your bundle.

Please note: This offer is for new customers, existing customers upgrading will not qualify for the €50 voucher, but if you do not have Horizon yet (maybe you have broadband and phone from us) you can get the €60 installation charge waived (no new customer discount) if you upgrade to a new Horizon bundle via this link (Just select the bundle you want)

Thanks

Jason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi there

30 days following your installation.

As it falls over the Xmas break, expect it first week of January

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

I still haven't received this voucher. Can you follow up? I'll PM account number.

There was a mess up on the UPC end where we didn't receive any bills and nearly got cut off. The new account was reopened on an account number for an old NTL account that was in my name for a rented property back in 2009.... and our bills were getting sent there! I don't think UPC should even have my personal details on file for an old NTL account from 6 years ago (data protection)?? Do you think they sent the voucher to that address too?

I'll PM account number. Faulty box, personal bills sent to different address, no voucher.... starting to regret not sticking with Sky!

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alanindublin

Hi Jason,

I have sent you a PM with 4 issues I have been having.

1. I have not received the voucher after signing up 6 weeks ago.
    2. I cannot find details of the Value 60 bundle on your link. I believe I am being overcharged.
    3. There have been a lot of problems with the TV box.
    4. The internet speed and range is very poor.

Thanks.
    Alan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Hi Jason,

2. I cannot find details of the Value 60 bundle on your link. I believe I am being overcharged.

Thanks.
    Alan

Try the Talk to...UPC forum, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Hi Jason

Im thinking of going with UPC.
    Im looking for Broadband and tv.(not horizon) with multi room. Ive clicked the link but cant seem to choose the package I want.
    Do I have to sign up for 18months as a usual contract with Sky was only 12 months?

Hi Jason,

I still haven't received this voucher. Can you follow up? I'll PM account number.

There was a mess up on the UPC end where we didn't receive any bills and nearly got cut off. The new account was reopened on an account number for an old NTL account that was in my name for a rented property back in 2009.... and our bills were getting sent there! I don't think UPC should even have my personal details on file for an old NTL account from 6 years ago (data protection)?? Do you think they sent the voucher to that address too?

I'll PM account number. Faulty box, personal bills sent to different address, no voucher.... starting to regret not sticking with Sky!

Joe

Hi there

Please call my team on 1890940635 and they can chase up your issues for you directly in the system

Thanks

Jason

Hi

Hi there

Please call my team on 1890940635 and they can chase up your voucher for you directly in the system. Please call 1908 with regard to your billing query, and technical support issue

Thanks

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Thanks.
    Alan

Hello Umpalumpa

Please call my team on 1890940635, explain the bundle you want via the boards deal, and they will look after you. If you take a bundle with an initial discount, it is a 18 month contract. If you chose one with no discount it is a 12 month discount. The choice is yours.

Thanks

Jason
    Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Hi Jason

Im thinking of going with UPC.
    Im looking for Broadband and tv.(not horizon) with multi room. Ive clicked the link but cant seem to choose the package I want.
    Do I have to sign up for 18months as a usual contract with Sky was only 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yamin

hi Jason, I've just signed up !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Hi Jason how long does it normally take to get the voucher? Signed up over 6 months ago and haven't received anything? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

traineeacc wrote: »
    Hi Jason how long does it normally take to get the voucher? Signed up over 6 months ago and haven't received anything? Thanks

I don't know about the Carphone Warehouse vouchers but the DID vouchers do not seem to exist. I've been waiting around 10 months and sent over a dozen emails and spoken to several different reps and still no sign of the voucher.

It's the DID one actually. That is really bad form. To be advertising it as an offer and not following through. Be interesting to see from this thread who actually received one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

I got the DID one, waited around two months after I place the broadband order & had heard nothing so contacted them about it, waited 4 weeks, sent a reminder & the voucher finally showed up around 4 weeks after that.

Hi traineeacc

It is meant to be sent 30 days after you get installed. DID post these out once advised by us to send them. They are generally excellent, however, as they are sent via the postal service, & some do get missed/lost. Can you PM me your details and I will chase this up for you straight away with DID? (if lost we can get the old one cancelled and a new one sent out to you)

This offer is running since 2010, and I can assure you many hundreds of people have received their vouchers.

Thanks

Jason

Thanks Jason just sent you pm with my details

Hi traineeacc

Never received your PM, can you please resend?

Thanks

Jason
    Thanks Jason just sent you pm with my details

Hi Jason just resent thanks

Hi Jason just checking you got the pm and wondering if you had and luck chasing up voucher thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks Jason voucher received

Great stuff, glad you got sorted

Thanks again

Regards

Jason
    Thanks Jason voucher received

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭metroburgers

Hi UPC: Jason,

I signed up to his and am waiting on the voucher, will pm you!

No worries, I'll get one of my team to chase it for you

Thanks

Jason
    Hi UPC: Jason,

I signed up to his and am waiting on the voucher, will pm you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Hello I'm missing my Carphone Warehouse voucher. Was never delivered to my knowledge, the order was last year.

My order number is #BOARDS15772

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi there

Carphone do not post out vouchers, (as per t&c's) they place a €50 credit voucher in your name, which can be spent instore.

Thanks

Jason

Hello I'm missing my Carphone Warehouse voucher. Was never delivered to my knowledge, the order was last year.

My order number is #BOARDS15772

Please advise.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Hi Jason
    I'm looking to get this deal but i have a old broken ntl point wire in the house does the deal come with free technician to install it?

Hi wardy2

Its free self install, but a technician will only cost €20 and they will sort out the box, install, and show you everything working. Hope that helps. If you want to go ahead with this, just call my team on 1890940635 and tell them you want the boards offer and are happy to go with a technician.

Thanks

Jason
    wardy2 wrote: »
    Hi Jason
    I'm looking to get this deal but i have a old broken ntl point wire in the house does the deal come with free technician to install it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Got this myself. Self installation is just plugging it in, you can't advertise that as free installation and then in the same sentence say it will cost 20 euro to actually install something...

That said there is no charge if there's no wall unit (little white box) in the house. So it didn't cost me anything anyway just had to wait an extra few days after the stuff arriving as I didn't realise all online orders are self install only.

Oh and I haven't heard anything about the voucher since signing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Is this a 12 month or 18 month contract?

Hi Thelomen Toblackai

Was it a Carphone voucher? If so you must redeem that instore yourself.

If not then please call my team, on 1890940635 and they can investigate for you

Thanks

Jason

Oh and I haven't heard anything about the voucher since signing up.

• Advertisement

Hi there The Ayatolla

If you chose a bundle with a discount, then it is an 18 month contract. If you select a bundle with no discounted period, then it is a 12 month contract

Thanks

Jason
    Is this a 12 month or 18 month contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How does one select a bundle without the discounted rate?

I just want 120mb broadband on a 12 month contract.

Thanks.

Hi there

Best call my team on 1890940635 and they will look after it for you. Just advise you want the boards offer with the 12 month contract

Thanks

Jason
    How does one select a bundle without the discounted rate?

I just want 120mb broadband on a 12 month contract.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sth_safal

Hi Jason, I signed up a while ago but still haven't received the voucher yet. Can you please have a look into it.

My orders number is: Boards26419

Thanks.

Hi there

I can see you got installed about a month ago. The report goes to DID a month after you got installed. I will have my team chase DID now for an ETA for you.

Thanks

Jason
    sth_safal wrote: »
    Hi Jason, I signed up a while ago but still haven't received the voucher yet. Can you please have a look into it.

My orders number is: Boards26419

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sth_safal

Thanks very much Jason. Just wondering is it possible now to go for a carphone warehouse voucher rather than DID?

Hi there

If your details have not yet been sent to the retailer then thats no problem. Please call my team on 1890940635 to check.

Thanks

Jason
    sth_safal wrote: »
    Thanks very much Jason. Just wondering is it possible now to go for a carphone warehouse voucher rather than DID?

Hi all

The boards offer page has been updated to now include the Free TV for 12 months, and the introductory offer price of €20 off broadband has been extended to 12 months for a very limited time only.

These bundles still come with free installation and a €50 voucher from either Carphone Warehouse or DID Electrical.

Existing tv customers that add Broadband and Phone, will also get €20 off for 6 months.
    Existing Broadband and Phone customers that add TV, will also get €20 off for 6 months.

Upgrades to Horizon are free.

To avail of these offers, please order here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/
    If you want to order something not listed on this page, like list price bundles with a 12 month contract then you can call my team on 1890940635

Many thanks

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mayer2380

Hi Jason, my name is Mayerling Marquez and I am interested in subscribing UPC but the deals on the URL ending in boardsoffer are not up to date.

I would like to order the one on the UPC website "240Mb Anytime World and Horizon Max TV" with the 50 euros voucher for DID.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards;

Mayerling Marquez

Hi mayer2380

The page was updated earlier this week, so please free to go ahead and order here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason
    mayer2380 wrote: »
    Hi Jason, my name is Mayerling Marquez and I am interested in subscribing UPC but the deals on the URL ending in boardsoffer are not up to date.

I would like to order the one on the UPC website "240Mb Anytime World and Horizon Max TV" with the 50 euros voucher for DID.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards;

Mayerling Marquez

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement