Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Hi Jason,

Are there any Sky Sports offers on at the moment for existing customers? Ryder Cup time!

Cheers,
    TC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi Base

To avail of the sky sports offer, you must have signed up at the start, the part number is not available for existing tv subscribers unfortunately. (as it is a subscription, so as such is not automatically applied to your account when you sign up)

Sorry about that.

Regards

Jason
    Base wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I recently signed up through this boards offer but I couldn't remember for certain if it was this offer that also included the 2 months free Sky Sports/Sky Movies with the option to downgrade after that. I don't have access to Sky Sports or Sky Movies - is there still a way for me to avail of the 2 free months offer?

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation - No activation charges) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions)

http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Base

Hi Jason,

I believed that I had signed up at the start, I assumed I was mistaken that it was part of the boards offer when it didn't appear in my channel selection. I've also just received a DID Electrical voucher instead of the Woodies one I requested but I guess a voucher's a voucher. Thanks anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Is this deal over? Thinking of getting UPC (student)

Hi there tar.aldarion

No, this is still live, just sign up via this boards link and when you get a call to confirm just request the student offer for your 4 months free subscription and a €50 voucher..

Regards

Jason
    Is this deal over? Thinking of getting UPC (student)

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation - No activation charges) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Hi Jason,

Only saw this offer today but rang yesterday to order the Fiber Sport pack from UPC. I was supposed to hear back from the rep this afternoon. If i mention this to her when she calls me back will i still be able to receive the no installation/connection fee and a voucher?

Regards,

Arctic

Hi Arctic89

It depends if your order has been loaded into our system by the telesales agent you called yet. If it has you will not qualify as you need to order via this link. Please call 1890940635 and my team will check your order. If not loaded they can do it for you there and then and you will qualify

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Arctic89 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Only saw this offer today but rang yesterday to order the Fiber Sport pack from UPC. I was supposed to hear back from the rep this afternoon. If i mention this to her when she calls me back will i still be able to receive the no installation/connection fee and a voucher?

Regards,

Arctic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Thinking of getting broadband for our apartment here, have checked the coverage and we're in an excellent position of receiving all the services.

However, we're just looking for the Student Fibre Power Broadband 30Mb package, is this Boards offer valid for a new customer purchasing that broadband package?
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

Doocey

No bother, you can order any of the broadband tiers as a student (8mb, 15mb or 30mb)

Just order via the boards link and when my team call you to confirm, just request the student version.

Regards

Jason

Doocey wrote: »
    Thinking of getting broadband for our apartment here, have checked the coverage and we're in an excellent position of receiving all the services.

However, we're just looking for the Student Fibre Power Broadband 30Mb package, is this Boards offer valid for a new customer purchasing that broadband package?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

Hi Jason

Maybe you could help me clear up some confusion?

I was talking to a sales representative last week to see what services were available in my area and was told that I could avail of them all.

So today I decided to use the boards offer but when I got the callback i was told that there is only analogue in my estate and that only 1 house was enabled for the digital service.

Also the UPC website indicates that I should be able to receive all services.

Regards
    Farreca

EDIT: Just did some checking and the house number that i was told was the only one enabled, doesn't even exist!

ANOTHER EDIT: it's ok i got through to another sales person today who confirmed that all services are availble to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

Hi Jason,

Any update on that Digital + order?

Hi farreca

Sorry for your confusion. If our website said our service are available in your area that means they are, however, it does not guarantee availability in each house unfortunately as several factors can prevent us supplying service in each home ( no permission given by some property owners property to upgrade cable etc).

So if my team have come back and confirmed unavilability at your home then that means we cannot supply them to you at this stage. Sorry about that. (we may still be working in the area, and if so, once you have been upgraded we will drop a card in your door to advise you.)

Regards

Jason

TE=farreca;68252775]Hi Jason

Maybe you could help me clear up some confusion?

I was talking to a sales representative last week to see what services were available in my area and was told that I could avail of them all.

So today I decided to use the boards offer but when I got the callback i was told that there is only analogue in my estate and that only 1 house was enabled for the digital service.

Also the UPC website indicates that I should be able to receive all services.

Regards
    Farreca

EDIT: Just did some checking and the house number that i was told was the only one enabled, doesn't even exist![/QUOTE]

Hi Anto, yes it was added yesterday and Lisa was trying to get you without success on the phone. She will try again this morning or you can give her a call yourself on 1890940635 and she can arrange your upgrade there and then for you.

Enjoy your new Digital Plus Box.

Regards

Jason
    antomack wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Any update on that Digital + order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

After days on trying to sign up to this offer, I have to advise people to be very wary of it and dealing with Jason's department.

After up to 20PLUS phone calls I was:

* Constantly told conflicting information.
    * Fobbed off
    * Told by Jason's department that I couldn't avail of the offer as I couldn't get the service at my address - even though I had numerous letters from UPC confirming that I could get digital TV there
    * Eveytime I asked to speak to a manager, supervisor and at times Jason - no one was available as they apparently weren't there.
    * Jason was emailed by a member of the other UPC sales department - this was to no avail
    * When asked to be put through to customer service I was put back onto another sales advisor and so the story went on and on and on...and on
    * The UPC sales department on their website is not the same one dealing with this offer - which leads to believe that this could be an external telesales company and not actually UPC (perhaps Jason would like to confirm if he and his team are actually employees of UPC or an external company working for them ?)
    * The UPC sales department kept telling me I could get the service and to contact Jason's department and it would be all ok - whenever I contacted Jason's department I was then told the opposite.
    * I finally - after much automated phone answers - got through to the UPC head office and a customer service advisor put me through to someone else who told me I definitely could get the service at my address and signed me up to it, two hours later I had a phone call from Jason's department and was told that they had looked into it and unfortunately I catergorically couldn't get the service at my address and they couldn't give me the offer.

I don't know what the story is with this but it is certainly suspect and as I said I'd be very wary of it.

Never in my life had I met such brutal customer service or sales teams that apprently don't want you to give them your money.

I'd also ask the Mods to investigate this offer... as it is not all that it seems and I'm clearly not the only one to have been fed rubbish when I tried to avail of the offer about the UPC service not being available in my area when it clearly is as confirmed by UPC head office.

FALSE ADVERTISNG AT ITS WORST.

• Advertisement

Hi Snow Ghost

Really sorry you feel you have been let down. We have had many very happy boardies come through this offer, (over 200) who have receive product from UPC and a voucher, and have had many of them post very positive comments on this offer and also on my team.

We do of course want to win you as a customer, and will do whatever we can to do so. Without having your details from your note I cannot help you which I really want to do.

Can you pm me your details so I can investigate your complaint straight away?

Thanks a million

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd also ask the Mods to investigate this offer

OTT?
    One problem account (may be others) out of a few hundred happier ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Moving away from the melodrama. :p

@ UPC:Jason, any (hopefully) current plans to provide broadband service to more areas in Meath, or is it still way off in the distant future?

Cheers ;)

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Snow Ghost

Really sorry you feel you have been let down. We have had many very happy boardies come through this offer, (over 200) who have receive product from UPC and a voucher, and have had many of them post very positive comments on this offer and also on my team.

We do of course want to win you as a customer, and will do whatever we can to do so. Without having your details from your note I cannot help you which I really want to do.

Can you pm me your details so I can investigate your complaint straight away?

Thanks a million

Jason

Jason pm'd.

Could you confirm whether or not your team are employees of UPC or an outside company doing sales for them please?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    OTT?
    One problem account (may be others) out of a few hundred happier ones?

Care to elaborate on how communicating my experience of trying in vain to avail of an offer here may be OTT as you imply?

The head office of UPC who did eventually process this for me didn't think it OTT that this other 'department' kept telling me wrong information and wouldn't sign me up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The OTT was on the back of your above request.
    Going back over the other posts, there have been very few "problems" with the offer.
    I've no dealings with UPC so can't comment on their customer care.

okidoki987 wrote: »

The OTT was on the back of your above request.
    Going back over the other posts, there have been very few "problems" with the offer.
    I've no dealings with UPC so can't comment on their customer care.

I see nothing OTT about it - for example, for all I know (and I'm not suggesting this is the case) this offer is through a telesales agency that are only interested in signing up more profitable packages in terms of their commission. See how that works?

I don't know that but there is definitely something not right about it when I am told different information by UPC head office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

snow ghost,

Thanks for the notification but like Jason has said, there were many happy boardsies as a result of this offer.

Because of this, any indication that the offer is using misleading information is a little hard to believe. It's more than likely a result of miscommunication in your circumstance.

Let Jason help you out anyways.

basquille wrote: »
    snow ghost,

Thanks for the notification but like Jason has said, there were many happy boardsies as a result of this offer.

Because of this, any indication that the offer is using misleading information is a little hard to believe. It's more than likely a result of miscommunication in your circumstance.

Let Jason help you out anyways.

basquille,

'Miscommunication' on this level was misleading in the extreme.

Jason has kindly agreed to look into it.

Hey Norbert

PM me your address and I will check it out for you. As it happens, yes, we are actually working on upgrading some areas in Meath at the moment (Close to Dublin) and are available in Navan too for Triple Play. Lets hope you don't have to wait too long.

Regards

Jason
    norbert64 wrote: »
    Moving away from the melodrama. :p

@ UPC:Jason, any (hopefully) current plans to provide broadband service to more areas in Meath, or is it still way off in the distant future?

Cheers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

snow ghost wrote: »
    basquille,

'Miscommunication' on this level was misleading in the extreme.

Jason has kindly agreed to look into it.

Just as an FYI, both snow ghost and Jason (who I spoke to today) were in touch with me here in the office about this offer.

Jason is looking into it and I have no hesitancy in saying that this offer ISN'T false advertising, has been availed of (including myself) and should have been properly dealt with by UPC in their dealings with you. If it wasn't, Jason will find out why. If it was, he'll also sort that to try ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

Darragh

Darragh wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, both snow ghost and Jason (who I spoke to today) were in touch with me here in the office about this offer.

Jason is looking into it and I have no hesitancy in saying that this offer ISN'T false advertising, has been availed of (including myself) and should have been properly dealt with by UPC in their dealings with you. If it wasn't, Jason will find out why. If it was, he'll also sort that to try ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

Darragh

Darragh,

As I'm sure you'll appreciate, I came here and sent off my personal details to an offer that was advertised - I was denied on multiple occassions access to that offer by Jason's team and I have a recorded voice message from them to prove it. In my case - that was undoubtedly false advertising.

I would like to know - as Jason has failed to answer me here - who exactly I sent my personal details to when trying to avail of this offer? Is Jason and his team direct employees of UPC or are they contracted externally to do sales for UPC. I have a right to know where my details are being sent to and what they are being used for.

I am disappointed that I still haven't received a response from Jason and I also note that he thanked someone that implied I was being OTT???

As such I'm copying these details to the managing director of UPC and am disappointed at what I sense to be a bias from certain quarters here in essentially dismissing my personal experience - that reflects poorly on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

disappointed at what I sense to be a bias from certain quarters here in essentially dismissing my personal experience - that reflects poorly on you.
    Dismissing and putting in context are completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wally9

I had the misfortune once due to lack of choice to sign up with this company,a decision I later regretted eg,I was once short 6€ on my bill and was disconnected.If you do not pay your bill on time they continually add interest !!! Are people aware of this ?

Snow Ghost

I was going to send on my findings personally, however, you have chosen to keep this public and have requested I answer you in public:

I have investigated your complaint in full and the reason my team denied you the offer is because you CANNOT get service from UPC at your home. All UPC services and offers are subject to availability.

At all times my team behaved correctly, I do not permit them to sell a product if we cannot install it.

To answer your question on who I am, I am happy to confirm that I am the Retail & Dealer Sales Manager in UPC. My team and the people who you sent your details to are the Retail & Dealer Support team, based in our Waterford call centre where we have approximately 50 people based, and for the record, my team loading theses sales for this boards offer do not get paid commission.

Your address was showing as Non servicible when you ordered via boards, my team sent a request for it to added for TV. You then went direct to our telesales department in Limerick, who loaded an order, as it was briefly added to our system. Subsequently our addressing department have removed it as servicible after a survey and your order is being cancelled because there is no signal at your address.

Where UPC have fallen down is here, your address should not have been shown in our system at this brief stage as servicible, If that did not happen our telesales agent would not have been able to take your order. I am staill awaiting word internally why this happenned, so I am sorry about that.

I am genuinely saddened it hasn't worked out for you, unfortunately we cannot provide service in every home out there yet, however you will find that in our terms & conditions, it is very clearly stated that orders are subject to availability, and to qualify for this boards offer you must have ordered via this link and product must have been installed.

If after this full explaination you are still unhappy and would like to escalate this as a formal complaint to our MD, then I would be happy to furnish you the contact details of our complaints team.

Regards

Jason
    Darragh,

As I'm sure you'll appreciate, I came here and sent off my personal details to an offer that was advertised - I was denied on multiple occassions access to that offer by Jason's team and I have a recorded voice message from them to prove it. In my case - that was undoubtedly false advertising.

I would like to know - as Jason has failed to answer me here - who exactly I sent my personal details to when trying to avail of this offer? Is Jason and his team direct employees of UPC or are they contracted externally to do sales for UPC. I have a right to know where my details are being sent to and what they are being used for.

I am disappointed that I still haven't received a response from Jason and I also note that he thanked someone that implied I was being OTT???

As such I'm copying these details to the managing director of UPC and am disappointed at what I sense to be a bias from certain quarters here in essentially dismissing my personal experience - that reflects poorly on you.

• Advertisement

Snow Ghost

I was going to send on my findings personally, however, you have chosen to keep this public and have requested I answer you in public:

I have investigated your complaint in full and the reason my team denied you the offer is because you CANNOT get service from UPC at your home. All UPC services and offers are subject to availability.

At all times my team behaved correctly, I do not permit them to sell a product if we cannot install it.

To answer your question on who I am, I am happy to confirm that I am the Retail & Dealer Sales Manager in UPC. My team and the people who you sent your details to are the Retail & Dealer Support team, based in our Waterford call centre where we have approximately 50 people based, and for the record, my team loading theses sales for this boards offer do not get paid commission.

Your address was showing as Non servicible when you ordered via boards, my team sent a request for it to added for TV. You then went direct to our telesales department in Limerick, who loaded an order, as it was briefly added to our system. Subsequently our addressing department have removed it as servicible after a survey and your order is being cancelled because there is no signal at your address.

Where UPC have fallen down is here, your address should not have been shown in our system at this brief stage as servicible, If that did not happen our telesales agent would not have been able to take your order. I am staill awaiting word internally why this happenned, so I am sorry about that.

I am genuinely saddened it hasn't worked out for you, unfortunately we cannot provide service in every home out there yet, however you will find that in our terms & conditions, it is very clearly stated that orders are subject to availability, and to qualify for this boards offer you must have ordered via this link and product must have been installed.

If after this full explaination you are still unhappy and would like to escalate this as a formal complaint to our MD, then I would be happy to furnish you the contact details of our complaints team.

Regards

Jason

Thanks for your reply Jason - btw I requested no such thing that it be in public, but so be it.

So you are now saying that when I contacted your head office Mark Coen's - your sales and marketing directors office, who sends me regular letters from UPC about the services available to me - to be precise and was put through to someone else as he wasn't available that what they signed me up to was all nonsense and that there is no service available?

The contract UPC entered into yesterday to install the service and the date provided is now all nonsense? The person who catergorically informed me that I could get the service and didn't understand what nonsense your department were on about was making it all up?

This farce gets more ridiculous by the day.

Do you or UPC have any idea what you are doing???

I have no axe to grind about UPC and the last few days is my only experience with you.

I have never in all my days been met with such gross incompetence or unhelpfullness.

Consider the complaint to your managing director already done and to the consumer association.

To paraphrase Wylde: If this is how you treat your customers you don't deserve any.

Btw Jason, I have good reason not to believe the results of your investigation about my address being put on the system, etc.

I have letters going back 12 months from your sales and marketing director with reference to the serices available to me and a reference on those letters that confirms this.

Perhaps you could kindly explain that?

Whoops, girlfriend ordered this without the boards link, anyway to add it on? They supposed to be installing next week I think, not sure exactly.
    What if it was cancelled and done again etc?

Hi Tar

Contact my team on retailsales@upc.ie and if you are happy to wait a few days, we can cancel the original order and you can reorder via this boards link. (original order will stay live in our system for a week after cancelling)

Or if you prefer, you can call them directly on 1890940635 and they will talk you through the process.

Best of luck

Regards

Jason

Whoops, girlfriend ordered this without the boards link, anyway to add it on? They supposed to be installing next week I think, not sure exactly.
    What if it was cancelled and done again etc?

Thanks again Jason!

Hi Snow Ghost

Once again, I am very sorry you were advised you could get UPC service when it is unfortunately unavailable at your home. I have investigated this incident fully and have briefed the relevant departments with a view to this type of incident not happenning again.

I would also like to thank you for your interest in the offer and for taking the time to try and get service from us via this boards offer.

As a once off gesture, following your experience I would like to extend the offer of a €50 one for all voucher to you. Please PM me your full contact details and I will get that out to you in Mondays post.

Regards

Jason
    Btw Jason, I have good reason not to believe the results of your investigation about my address being put on the system, etc.

I have letters going back 12 months from your sales and marketing director with reference to the serices available to me and a reference on those letters that confirms this.

Perhaps you could kindly explain that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As a once off gesture, following your experience I would like to extend the offer of a €50 one for all voucher to you. Please PM me your full contact details and I will get that out to you in Mondays post.
    Very decent of ye, Jason!

Girlfriend won't wait the week to reorder and get the voucher, but thanks anyway. Women! :mad: :D

Nice thing to do for Snow Ghost there too!

Hi Snow Ghost

Once again, I am very sorry you were advised you could get UPC service when it is unfortunately unavailable at your home. I have investigated this incident fully and have briefed the relevant departments with a view to this type of incident not happenning again.

I would also like to thank you for your interest in the offer and for taking the time to try and get service from us via this boards offer.

Regards

Jason

Right Jason - apology accepted - if you could send the voucher to your nearest Vincent de Paul society they may be able to use it.

I was particularly aggravated by the fact that I have received letters detailing service available to me over the last 12 months, if they are not available, I shouldn't be getting post about them saying they are.

Anyway enough said about the matter, apology accepted, good luck.

• Advertisement

No problem will do.

Regards

Jason
    if you could send the voucher to your nearest Vincent de Paul society they may be able to use it.

QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dermatrov

Hi my parents have upc tv at the moment and want to order the broadband and phone. Can I order it for them with this offer, and will they get a voucher and free connection as they are already a upc customer? ;)

Hi dermatrov

Yes, the broadband and phone can be ordered via this boards offer, and yes, your parents will get free activation and a €50 voucher after they get installed.

(we see them as a new broadband and phone customer so they will qualify)

Enjoy

Regards

Jason
    dermatrov wrote: »
    Hi my parents have upc tv at the moment and want to order the broadband and phone. Can I order it for them with this offer, and will they get a voucher and free connection as they are already a upc customer? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Hey there, would this deal be available for new tenants of a house to re-connect the UPC Digital TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Sonz

Anyone know if UPC is in Clare yet?

Hi Johanneskraw

Yes absolutely, all they will need to do is send us their ID and proof off address, order via the boards link and my team will arrange it for them.

Regards

Jason
    Hey there, would this deal be available for new tenants of a house to re-connect the UPC Digital TV?

• Advertisement

Hi Sonz

Yes you can order Digital TV from UPC in Clare. If you live in Shannon we can provide triple play services.

Regards

Jason
    Sonz wrote: »
    Anyone know if UPC is in Clare yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Sonz

Ah so no Broadband in Clare then with UPC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks UPC,

Finally got an install date after a lot of trouble with my Proof of address (my fault!)

Looking forward to it :)

Hi Sonz

If you live in Shannon Co Clare then you may be able to get Broadband from UPC, if you live in any other part of the county I am afraid it is unavailable at this time, we can however offer digital tv to many parts of the county.

Regards

Jason
    Sonz wrote: »
    Ah so no Broadband in Clare then with UPC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Jason, is it possible to sign up for 9 months with UPC broadband (and get this offer) or do you only do 12 month contracts?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement