Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi baza210

Yes you can if you are a student. Students can sign up now for 4 months free next summer, May, June, July and August for broadband and Tv. (And if you want to walk away in May you can)

If you are not a student then you will have to pay us for a full 12 months.

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation - No activation charges) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions)

http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/
    Baza210 wrote: »
    Jason, is it possible to sign up for 9 months with UPC broadband (and get this offer) or do you only do 12 month contracts?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Thanks for the help! I am a student so that works out perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

hi jason..i rang up last week and the girl said she would put my address on the list and that someone would ring me back this week....if i mention the offer from boards will i get it also ?

thanks

Hi cmurph

If your address is only being added and the order has not been placed yet, then you can still order via this boards link and when my team (the retail & dealer support team) call you to confirm your details and to place your order, it will be loaded as a boards offer.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation - No activation charges) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions)

cmurph wrote: »
    hi jason..i rang up last week and the girl said she would put my address on the list and that someone would ring me back this week....if i mention the offer from boards will i get it also ?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Jason,

I signed up for the offer during the week beginning 20/9,got an email to re-confirm my address (Fri 24/9) as it couldn't be found on the system and received a reply to say that I'd be contacted in due course.However,despite emailing for an update,I haven't yet received a return call nor email.The name is Husnain Ali.

Cheers!

Hi el drago

Just checked the system, your address has yet to be added.

We are hoing this will be updated today and once that happens my team will try calling you again. (Also feel free to call them direct yourself on 1890940635 this evening if that suits you better, they work to 6pm)

Regards

Jason
    El_Drago wrote: »
    Jason,

I signed up for the offer during the week beginning 20/9,got an email to re-confirm my address (Fri 24/9) as it couldn't be found on the system and received a reply to say that I'd be contacted in due course.However,despite emailing for an update,I haven't yet received a return call nor email.The name is Husnain Ali.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi jason!

I just spotted this thread now. . I'm raging. I signed up sat, gettin installed tomorrow.
    I've ordered digital+ value and 8m broadband.
    I wasn't aware of this offer. . can you do anything for me?
    Thanking you!

Foundry

Sorry as your installation has been scheduled there is nothing I can do, sorry about that. If it wasn't scheduled the only way I could have helped would have been to cancel the original order and wait a few days. (so it resets in our system) - Got to order via this boards link to be sure of qualifying.

Best of luck with your instalation and enjoy the products.

Regards

Jason
    foundry wrote: »
    Hi jason!

I just spotted this thread now. . I'm raging. I signed up sat, gettin installed tomorrow.
    I've ordered digital+ value and 8m broadband.
    I wasn't aware of this offer. . can you do anything for me?
    Thanking you!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Just like to thank Jason and his team on superb job, had a couple of questions re my bill and they were dealt with within a day. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Eebs

Can you get the student deal (4 months free) in conjunction with this offer?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Eebs

Yes, you can order Any Digital Plus TV tier + and any broadband tier as a student and get next May, June, July & August free of charge, and get free activation and a €50 voucher (after you get installed) if you order via boards. Bargain.

Just click here:

Enjoy

Jason
    Eebs wrote: »
    Can you get the student deal (4 months free) in conjunction with this offer?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

hi,Jason.

got some problem with offer. placed the order through the website for broadband, and also had a quick chat with one of your sales to confirm that offers. everything seemed fine to me. but the first bill came in this week with 30 euro of activation charge. and also have not received voucher from your company. :mad::confused:

Hi flyandrain

Please call my team on 1890940635 and they will talk you through your bill. The activation charge will be applied but will be subsequently credited to your account meaning you do not have to pay it. This offer gives you free activation. It may be the credit wasnt applied on time prior to you bill getting sent out but is on your account now, one way or another it will be sorted for you.

In relation to your voucher. The terms state that the retailer will post you your voucher within 30 days after your products get installed, not from when you ordered, again, when you call my team they will give you an ETA for delivery of your voucher.

Regards

Jason
    flyandrain wrote: »
    hi,Jason.

got some problem with offer. placed the order through the website for broadband, and also had a quick chat with one of your sales to confirm that offers. everything seemed fine to me. but the first bill came in this week with 30 euro of activation charge. and also have not received voucher from your company. :mad::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Why i didnt see it 3wk ago :-(
    Ohh well now its too late and i ordered UPC normaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kamhaysin

hi Jason,
    Would like to take up the 4 month free student offer + 50 euro voucher + free installation. However I dont see the link. Please post the link.

Thanks

Hi Kamhaysin

Here you go
    kamhaysin wrote: »
    hi Jason,
    Would like to take up the 4 month free student offer + 50 euro voucher + free installation. However I dont see the link. Please post the link.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Hi there I've UPC installed a month now and signed up and used the link but never got my voucher.

Hi there centre15

Sorry about that, without your acount number I cant check for you.

We notify the retailers after you get installed and it can take 30 days from then for them to post it out etc. Please email my team on retailsales@upc.ie with your account number and they will chase it up straight away with whoever your chosen retailer was to get you an ETA.

Regards

Jason

center15 wrote: »
    Hi there I've UPC installed a month now and signed up and used the link but never got my voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    Can I get the 3d tv with upc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

My service was installed quickly and everything is working perfectly! Thanks UPC me and my room mates are actually delighted we went with you! :D

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your quick reply. However I can only see "here we go" but there is no link.
    I tried my luck to type "studentoffer" after your website... then bingo!
    Is this the correct link? www.upc.ie/studentoffer

pls confirm
    Thanks

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your quick reply. However I can only see "here we go" but there is no link.

pls confirm
    Thanks
    Hi Jason,
    One more question

Can I add a telephone to it?

Thanks
    Kam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Hi Jason,

pls confirm
    Thanks

It's the boardsoffer link in his signature.
    I think you just mention it when they call you that you're a student too.

wait for Jason to confirm though.

Correct

To order and get the boards bargain alert €50 voucher you have got to order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Once you do that my team will call you and if you want the student offer also, just mention it to them then. (for 4 months free next summer in May, June, July & August.) Enjoy

Regards

Jason
    /\/ollog wrote: »
    It's the boardsoffer link in his signature.
    I think you just mention it when they call you that you're a student too.

wait for Jason to confirm though.

Hi kamhaysin

Home phone or HD are not part of the student offer, sorry.

The student offer allows you to subscribe to any Digital TV (with digital plus) and broadband (8, 15 or 30mb) and if you do this before November 14th you will get the summer months free of charge.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,
    One more question

Can I add a telephone to it?

Thanks
    Kam

• Advertisement

Hi Carpenter

The UPC HD box that we ship now is 3D ready. Currently there is very little commercial content available in 3D. Once that content is made available to us we may look at introducing it if there is a demand from our customers.

Regards

Jason
    Carpenter wrote: »
    Hi
    Can I get the 3d tv with upc

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Hi Jason, I got UPC installed today (HD ESPN pack). I thought the Sky Sports 2 month free offer for new TV customers would mean I would have Sky Sports, but not so. Can I just call customer service for them to switch it on?
    Thanks,
    Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Whats the situation if you get UPC installed then move before the 12 month contract has completed? Can you just get it switched over to the new address or do you have to cancel the initial contract, and presumably pay the cancellation fee, and then on top of that get a new contract from scratch for the new address?

Hi Markx

The free sky sports offer ended on October 1st. When did you order it? Did you actually subscribe to sky sports? If not and you ordered your Select extra pack before October 1st you would not automatically get sky sports free for 2 months, it is a subscription. PM me your account number and I can check for you.

Please advise

Thanks

Jason

Markx wrote: »
    Hi Jason, I got UPC installed today (HD ESPN pack). I thought the Sky Sports 2 month free offer for new TV customers would mean I would have Sky Sports, but not so. Can I just call customer service for them to switch it on?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Hi Johnk

We have a dedicated house move team in Limerick, you just call 1908, tell them you are moving, give them your new address and if the same service are available at your new address they will just transfer your account there free of charge. o hassle at all.

Regards

Jason
    JohnK wrote: »
    Whats the situation if you get UPC installed then move before the 12 month contract has completed? Can you just get it switched over to the new address or do you have to cancel the initial contract, and presumably pay the cancellation fee, and then on top of that get a new contract from scratch for the new address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Hi Jason,

I was wondering if you could look into my account re the 50 euro voucher for the carphone warehouse. I signed up through the offer almost 3 months ago and still have no voucher.

I asked the carphone warehouse directly and they said they knew nothing about it.

I'll pm you with my address,and ac no, but I'd like if you replied here so people see if you do actually get vouchers.

Frustrated,
    Corglass

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dermatrov

It is ok, I got voucher, my friend and family friends get voucher. Did you contact upc it is thier offer? why did you wait 3 months to say anything? you should call them to ask

Lots of people here say they get the voucher
    corglass wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I was wondering if you could look into my account re the 50 euro voucher for the carphone warehouse. I signed up through the offer almost 3 months ago and still have no voucher.

I asked the carphone warehouse directly and they said they knew nothing about it.

I'll pm you with my address,and ac no, but I'd like if you replied here so people see if you do actually get vouchers.

Frustrated,
    Corglass

Hi Corglass, got your PM, will pass to carphone tomorrow for an update.

Regards

Jason
    corglass wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Frustrated,
    Corglass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

can you get multi room with the student offer?

Hi Chatbox

You can indeed, however, Multiroom is not covered in the last 4 months free of charge so you will need to either downgrade your service at that stage to remove multiroom (€15 downgrade charge) or pay the €5 for multiroom on its own for the last 4 months.

Regards

Jason

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    can you get multi room with the student offer?

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Chatbox

You can indeed, however, Multiroom is not covered in the last 4 months free of charge so you will need to either downgrade your service at that stage to remove multiroom (?15 downgrade charge) or pay the ?5 for multiroom on its own for the last 4 months.

Regards

Jason

that's great , thank you for your quick reply jason . May i ask how many rooms is it possible to get multiroom in? And in the case it 5 euro for each room , can they all get cancelled in the downgrade charge ? Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Im sure this has been asked before but im not reading a 30 page thread. How does this compare to the offer of 250 voucher for Dixons, I just saw a poster in their window the other day so im not sure of the Ts and Cs....

Just I hear my are just went live for UPC BB so im planing on switching over real soon.

Hi Spooky Donkey

If you are not a UPC customer, and sign up to any of our current Triple play bundles (from just €60 p/m) in any PC World, Currys, D.I.D Electrical or Carphone Warehouse store, then once installed, you will be sent a voucher worth €250 for that store to spend, you will also be charged €30 activation fee per box installed. (If you are a UPC TV customer and sign up to a triple play bundle you will get a €125 voucher)

With the boards offer we will give you a €50 voucher and free activation, which saves you €30 per box installed.

To get the retail offer, you also need to sign up to a triple play bundle, with this boards offer you can just sign up for 1 new product to get the voucher.

It is really up to you to decide which offer works best for you.

Both are great bargains.

Retail offer: http://www.upc.ie/retailoffer/

Boards: www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

I hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Im sure this has been asked before but im not reading a 30 page thread. How does this compare to the offer of 250 voucher for Dixons, I just saw a poster in their window the other day so im not sure of the Ts and Cs....

Just I hear my are just went live for UPC BB so im planing on switching over real soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

Hi Jason,

I signed up and was connected in August and am still waiting on the voucher from Woodies.

Thanks

P

Hi pelemcg

Have you contacted my support team and reported it? Woodies are normally brilliant about sending them out within the 30 days. Some get lost but they can track them and cancel the originals and reissue once we are told about them. Can you call my team on 1890940635 and they will chase it up for you straight away?

Thanks

Jason
    pelemcg wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I signed up and was connected in August and am still waiting on the voucher from Woodies.

Thanks

P

• Advertisement

that's great , thank you for your quick reply jason . May i ask how many rooms is it possible to get multiroom in? And in the case it 5 euro for each room , can they all get cancelled in the downgrade charge ? Thank you
    just in case you missed this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jxbourke

Hi Jason,

I just got connected to UPC 8Mb and phone in Galway, but I hadn't seen the boards.ie voucher - am I too late??

Regards,
    john.

Hi chatbox

You can have maximum 4 Set Top boxes in each home.

Regards

Jason
    just in case you missed this :)

Hi jxbourke

Yes, sorry about that, terms are clear, order needed to come in via the boards link to qualify. Best of luck with your products.

Regards

Jason
    jxbourke wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I just got connected to UPC 8Mb and phone in Galway, but I hadn't seen the boards.ie voucher - am I too late??

Regards,
    john.

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi chatbox

You can have maximum 4 Set Top boxes in each home.

Regards

Jason
    Thank you, that's perfect . Have a nice day .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

HI jason

Looking to sign up to the fibre ultimate tv broadband and phone, and get the 2 months free sky sports subscription. Just wondering what is the best way to go about this to get the 250 euro voucher.

Hi plonk

The only way to get that voucher offer is to call into a participating UPC retail partner and order in there. See details here: www.upc.ie/retailoffer.

I have to advise that the Free Sky Sports for 2 months offer expired on September 30th.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    plonk wrote: »
    HI jason

Looking to sign up to the fibre ultimate tv broadband and phone, and get the 2 months free sky sports subscription. Just wondering what is the best way to go about this to get the 250 euro voucher.

Hi Jason, any sign of UPC broadband coming to Dundalk ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

thanks for that jason. Not sure if i want the 3 way pack or just a 2 way. Need to check out how the phone deal works first.

• Advertisement

No worries Spooky Donkey.

If you want us to talk you through it, just call 1890 940635. :)

regards

Jason
    thanks for that jason. Not sure if i want the 3 way pack or just a 2 way. Need to check out how the phone deal works first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement