Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today FM early mornings

• 17-02-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭

I hope this hasn't been mentioned elsewhere, but I normally wake up to Today FM early in the morning, around 5.30 and I'm still wondering if I imagined it, but someone might be able to confirm Tim Kelly said he or his show was going within a few weeks.

Anyone else know anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

well alison curtis is taking over at the start of march. i miss am kelly at that time im not a huge fan of tim kellys humour. also kc from red fm cork is starting a new show from 10 pm on the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

vince wrote: »
    well alison curtis is taking over at the start of march. i miss am kelly at that time im not a huge fan of tim kellys humour. also kc from red fm cork is starting a new show from 10 pm on the same day

Now that you mention it, whatever happened to AM Kelly? Actually really enjoyed her on radio too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

After her Maternity Leave she returned to Midlands 103 to do the breakfast show there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

am kelly was great i use to listen to all her show. i have to tune around now. maybe alison will be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I used to enjoy AMK as well (on the rare occasions that I was up - or still up - at that hour)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I've only recently started hearing bits of Tim Kelly and he is ridiculously awful. He has the worst sense of humour in Ireland, possibly the planet. Total cringefest. Feel really sorry for Sinead Spain who is subjected to his humour after she reads the news about 6.20.

Each morning he tries to engage Spain in "irreverant and zany" banter and each morning he falls flat on his arse and is faced with a deafening silence followed by a nervous fake laugh from poor old Sinead.

Take this morning for instance. Sinead comes on, does her usual top notch professional job reading the news. You can hear the fear in her voice as the news report draws to a close. "Why can't this bulletin last forever" she wonders. As soon as she wraps it up Kelly bulldozes his way into her path and hits her with his "joke"

Tim: You know the way women sometimes go bald Sinead? Do you know what they call that?

Sinead: Ehrm.....no, not really. (Kill me)

Tim: They call that shedding.

Sinead: Eh, ok. That's lovely. (Please for the love of God, kill me)

Tim: Well if a lady was shedding beside me, I'd put out my hands and catch the falling hair and hold it. Do you know what that situation would be called Sinead, huh, eh? I've been up all night thinking about this by the way because I'm bat crazy. OOhh, oooh, aaahhh, ahahh!

Sinead: Put me out of my misery Tim

Tim: That situation would be called "Shed and holders"

* Deathly silence (Has Sinead just ended it all, I wondered)
    Tim: You know like Head and Shoulders. Ahahahahahahaha. Head and shoulders, shed and holders.

The silence is just about broken with the faint sound of tumbleweed gently drifting across the airwaves and a young woman weeping quietly whilst rocking back and forth in her once comfortable newsreaders chair.

Advertisement