Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deftones - Rocket Skates

Options
  • 17-02-2010 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Check it ouuuuut, Deftones preview for their first single, free download available soon :) New albums on the way, its called 'Diamond Eyes' and it'll be out 18/5.. more info through the linky :)

http://www.myspace.com/deftones

over_11-1.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be sure to give this a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

My pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Whoops, meant to post this yesterday. Sounds awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Eh, is that all we get? 30 seconds of what sounded like a wrestling intro? Not long enough dammit! :pac:

Not sure why but I gave up on Deftones after White Pony. Morenos' vocals do my head in sometimes though. Too whiny.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Not sure why but I gave up on Deftones after White Pony. Morenos' vocals do my head in sometimes though. Too whiny.
    Their recent albums have been a bit hit-and-miss but their first three (Around The Fur and White Pony especially) were so good that I'll always check out their new releases. A bit like Metallica really :p

• Advertisement

Yo, ChinGrin, at the end of the vid in your post, theres a related vid of 'Rocket Skates' being played live.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking foward to this album,hope they do a show over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

i thought saturday night wrist was savage. really enjoyed the gigs too tho i got a bit too drunk. what i do remember was great.

I can't wait till Rocket Skates is released on Tuesday. Has it really been nearly 3 and 1/2 years since we had new Deftones?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought it was'nt out till may :confused:,2006 was the last one.time flies.

• Advertisement

No, the album is out in May. Rocket Skates is being released as a free download next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

New Deftones songs, sounds awesome

Free Download here:

http://www.myspace.com/deftones

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

That's not bad at all - although it will be difficult for the band to play live without Chi - I have to wonder whether his material is on here, as I understand it, they've held out on releasing a lot of stuff until now since before the accident

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's not bad at all - although it will be difficult for the band to play live without Chi - I have to wonder whether his material is on here, as I understand it, they've held out on releasing a lot of stuff until now since before the accident

Its very repetitive, unfortunately if/when I see them this year, it'll be so distorted, the riff will just be a big sound blur:mad:

Didn't they have an album written with Che, and wrote new stuff with the new bassist after the accident?

I've merged Bazmaiden's thread with the existing Deftones one. Not much point having two active threads on the same topic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

hmmm, I'm not sure where I stand with the Deftones tbh. I consider White Pony to be one of the greatest albums ever released - there's something there for every mood and occasion. I was quite hit and miss with what came afterwards, but it wasn't without merrit.

I like the riffage of this tune though and the vocals and pace of it work for me. I shall give it more listenings, but I think I'm in favour of it.

Im liking this song alot roll on the album.

Loving this song! Chino's voice is awesome, HATING the download though.

Gave up after so many attempts and even a search for a torrent.. ripping it off youtube as I type this, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Sounds pretty good! Hope they play a Dublin gig! can't seem to download it though. Just sends me tp a page that says I don't have the right promotion code!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

yes yes oh yes!!

Good to have them (most of them) back!!

Great track. Cant wait to hear the album. Guitar sound/speed kinda reminds be of some of the riffs from first album for some reason.

frAg

• Advertisement

Malice_ wrote: »
    I've merged Bazmaiden's thread with the existing Deftones one. Not much point having two active threads on the same topic.

Thanks man, sorry I didn't realise there was a similar thread

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Thanks man, sorry I didn't realise there was a similar thread
    No worries. It was good practice for me as I'd never merged a thread before ;).

Malice_ wrote: »
    No worries. It was good practice for me as I'd never merged a thread before ;).

Well I have to say its a much more friendly modding option, usually the thread just gets locked with the link to the corresponding thread so thanks

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Well I have to say its a much more friendly modding option, usually the thread just gets locked with the link to the corresponding thread so thanks
    Posts get merged chronologically so you could end up in a situation where people are wondering what just happened to their thread when a whole bunch of other posts suddenly appear so I can imagine that simply locking one of them would be a far easier option for a mod. For shorter threads though a merge should be fine.

As for the song itself, it sounds pretty good so far. Admittedly I've only listened to it on laptop speakers so far but I have high hopes for the album if the rest of it is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

I like it, good solid riffs and am looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. I liked Saturday night wrist but it didn't come close to anything before it

On another note... Chino's lost alot of weight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Im liking this tune, however its veering right away from the direction of white pony/deftones/sat night wrist which were my favorite 3 Deftones albums by far.

The last few albums were a lot more ambitious and out there sounding. This seems more straightforward and a return to the adrenaline/around the fur days, this isnt a bad thing however as I love those albums also.

My only gripe is that its a bit repetitive but il be delighted to hear what the rest of the album has to offer, Deftones are my favorite band and they havent let me down yet. Even there B sides album was fantastic. Looking forward to diamond eyes...roll on may!

Caco wrote: »
    Chino's lost alot of weight :P

Good spot.

Ya think musicians ever get curious, and youtube their own name? Imagine being Chino and seeing all the "Chino got fu.ckin fat yo!," comments on youtube. Couldnt have been nice :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Official download of the song here http://www.gunsrazorsknives.com/

128k Booooooooooooooo

Not sure what i think of it tbh, im a fan of all their stuff to date, irks me a little when people constantly refer to 10 year old stuff, of course they are going to change. This one seem to be different but the same ? Hole in the earth came to mind with that riff throughout. da da, da da da, da daaaaa ?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Got to see them at Pukklepop last year and have to say without Che they were still amazing. I think the whole gig pro shot is available to download.
    Its all on you tube anyhow

Was 34c and then rained so heavy during their set, was worth missing Them Crooked Vultures for....

Looking forward to seen them again this summer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭KevArno

Yeah this is quite repetitive, but f*ck me I am excited to hear something new from Deftones! GUNS.KNIVES.RAZORS.F*CK WITH ME!! Childish alright, but I'm loving it. Makes me feel like I'm 18 again. :D

Advertisement