Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipped Disc - Electromagnetic Therapy

Options
  • 17-02-2010 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I've been suffering with a slipped disc since October last year. I've tried anti-inflams, phsio, pain relief, exercise, laying on a hard surface for weeks and yet I'm still in constant agony. I've recently been offered Electro magnetic Therapy and was hoping someone on here could advise me about it. All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

I have a disc problem too - my sympathies.

Never heard of electro-magnetic therapy and I have been through the conventional medical methods except surgery. If it comes from the "alternative" school of medicine I would forget it as it sounds like one of those excellent ways of separating money and wallet and leaving you no better off physically !!

If you are still as symptomatic as you describe at this time I would strongly suggest that you get your G.P. to refer you to an orthopaedic surgeon or a neurosurgeon or an anaesthetist dealing with pain relief as there may be something that they can offer.

This is not medical advice just a suggestion from someone who was in a similar position once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 starman1

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually just off the phone and made that appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. The electromagnetic therapy comes highly recommended from a friend that had the same problem a few years ago. I've tried everything else and can't go on with this sort of pain everyday. I think I'll try both and pray one works. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

I had a terrible back problems, still have the odd twinge and like yourself, went from a to b to c - Physio, anti-inflamms, I saw three different surgeons and had 2 MRIs and was referred to a pain clinic in the end. I don't like masking pain, so I went for alternative therapy, which worked wonders, so one should not shrug if off just like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PrettyP

Hi Starman,

I only joined this forum today and I've already said the same thing to 3 previous posts. Have a look a www.chronicpainireland.org where you can join the forum if you wish and talk to other people who have chronic pain (long term pain lasting more than 3 months).

I am nothing to do with the organisation just somebody who suffered agonising back pain for years with no real help from many doctors. Eventually got referred to a pain management clinic and found the above website and it just helped to talk to other people in the same boat.

Advertisement