Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Unirea Venue: Anfield Date: Thursday 18 February Kick-off: 2005 GMT

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sure if he doesnt rise to the challenge then take him off, i think he's worth the risk.

And what would taking him off do to his confidence? This is our biggest game of the season, let him start on the bench and come on if we are comfortable (ha!) or the game needs changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sure if he doesnt rise to the challenge then take him off, i think he's worth the risk.

so you want what formation to start?

Gerrard----Pacheco
    Babel
    Kuyt

??

i like the idea of Gerrard v Bridge.

Even Kuyt versus their centre halves.

I don't think Pacheco should start, but this formation wouldn't unduly horrify me; given their current form.

I just think N'Gog has offered enough not to be dropped, along with Kuyt, out of all our front players who've been playing regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

SlickRic wrote: »
    whose he trying to fool?

wats wrong with wat he said there? we did start well. couple of good opportunities in the first couple of mins. and we did pass the ball around alot looking to break them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wats wrong with wat he said there? we did start well. couple of good opportunities in the first couple of mins. and we did pass the ball around alot looking to break them down.

we didn't really.

and we passed the ball well, but all in front of the opposition.

there was no player movement at all.

i just don't like this 'passed the ball looking for opportunities', when we're not probing or people aren't moving. our 'probing' is effectively a hoof from the back more often than not, especially when Lucas isn't on the pitch.

i suppose there's not a lot wrong with what he actually said, but it fails to highlight the problems we have that players aren't looking to get in behind, aren't moving etc. it's this attitude that 'if we pass the ball well' we deserve to score, no matter where the passing is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mr Alan wrote: »

We started well for about the first 3 or 4 minutes. We then proceeded to pass the ball around at a snails pace, going backwards more often than not. I thought the performance lacked so much ambition. Before Babel came on I didnt see anyone running at players (successfully) or any creativity or skill.

I have a feeling the Europa league is going to be horrible to watch. Its gonna be like watching us play Stoke every week, and we are crap against teams like that. We are much better as the underdogs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Not a great game by any stretch of the imagination but we got the result in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Who would you play instead?

I think I would play Aurelio or Riera ahead of Babel on the left come Sunday. I just feel that If City play Richards at right back and one of Wright Philips/Johnson/Tevez as the attacking right of their front three, then Babel would not be the ideal starter on the left hand side in my eyes.

Would prefer to see him come on against weary legs if he is on the left.

If it were a case that there was a chance of Babel starting on the right, then I would be more likely to agree as although City could have one of Petrov/Johnson/Bellamy (depending on his injury) as their wide left of the attacking three, I feel that Babel could force Bridge back far better than he could with Richards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

anyway to close good to see Pacheco getting assist for goal.

Advertisement