Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Library

Options
  • 17-02-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

WOW.

Well done Fingal C.C on a fantastic piece of work. There was an open eveing there last Thursday and the place was just stunning.

The history of the building is just amazing also and they managed to maintain so much of it. State of the art blending in with the 1750s structure.

Now any chance we could have some staff so it can open?

I know about the issue of the employment embargo but after spending €3million its a shame to see it not open due to staff shortages/cutbacks/embargos

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I can't believe it's lying idle - I'm in Swords but I'd definitely go up when it's open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I can't believe it's lying idle - I'm in Swords but I'd definitely go up when it's open.

Watch out for next open night. If I see an open night I will post here. In the meantime the lobby begins/continues.

Its a wonderful building and a great asset to the whole community

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

The library is open and it is stunning! Fingal really did a great job on this one. All mod cons and good stock selection. The marrying of the ancient church and a contemporary interior was beautifully done. This website has pictures of the project prior to the stock going in if anyone is interested. http://www.roskavanagh.com/library/search/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

imokyrok wrote: »
    The library is open and it is stunning! Fingal really did a great job on this one. All mod cons and good stock selection. The marrying of the ancient church and a contemporary interior was beautifully done. This website has pictures of the project prior to the stock going in if anyone is interested. http://www.roskavanagh.com/library/search/

Beautiful Images Ros. What camera - Lens, Settings did you use. Its a stunning building ok.

Advertisement