If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 17th Feb - Projector Screen Deal

Options
  • 17-02-2010 8:31pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies - I have a Boardie exclusive deal for you guys.

I have just bought a small deal of excellent quality Harkness 16:9 projector screens in mixed sizes:

203*114 - Spring Theatre - I have about 3 of these.

WMP77 77" Diagonal screens - I have about 4 of these.

244 * 138 Spring Theatre - only 2 of these.

These are all all brand new boxed - unopened - these are manual pull-down screens but really excellent quality.

Unfortunately I don't have any details or web sites to point you to - but trust me they are a serious deal...

I will take £79.95 / €89.99.

Keep me posted - 1st come 1st served!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PETERDGRIFFIN

Hi John,

Have you any info or links? I am not familiar with these screens - what type of mounting, usage, surface etc

Thanks

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

John, I may be interested also with a little more detail.
    Are they powered?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

apologies for this I should made that offer a bit clearer - I have edited the original post now and I've just had one away myself for my own home - installing over the weekend!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks, I can see the second one is 77", what sizes are the others? Are they wall mountable or just ceiling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Hi John,

Long time no hear...............

The Spring Theatre ones if I am correct can be found at this link. The only difference I see if the big sized spring theatre seems to be a different size that you listed as on this website. Is your one bigger than the ones listed on that site?

About a year ago I got the OPTOMA DS9092PM I think thats that one anyway from you guys.

How much better quality and bigger would the Spring Theatre (234x132) 244 * 138 and if you think it would be a huge improvement on the one I have.
    If its alot better can you put my name down for the big one please John.

Thanks
    Bazual

• Advertisement

Baz,

thanks for that! (at least someone is doing some work ;))

To be honest I bought these screens as part of a huge job lot of stands and brackets (more of this soon..;);)) and they are not regular stock for us so I'm not 100% familiar with this kit - however I'll open each them when I'm back in the store (Monday probably) and give a full report!

In the meantime if anyone needs one - I'm happy to do it on a sale or return basis - if you are not happy - just get it back to us and we will do a full refund.

ATB,

John Mc & the Cold Crew (they tell me it's freezing again in Belfast!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

hi john, ill take one of the larger ones

244 * 138 Spring Theatre

are they in belfast or dublin... if belfast how big is the box, im sure it will fit in a hatchback...

If not how much for delivery..

Aidan

aidankkk wrote: »
    hi john, ill take one of the larger ones

244 * 138 Spring Theatre

are they in belfast or dublin... if belfast how big is the box, im sure it will fit in a hatchback...

If not how much for delivery..

Aidan

Aidan,

no problem, thanks for the order - they are currently in Belfast - and they are looooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg so I'm not sure if our courier will take the biggest - But we could get them to The Philips Shop for you if you wanted to collect for next week no problem (or of course you could collect in Richer Belfast) - keep me posted and we will do our best for you.

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Hi John,

Did you manage to take a look at the screens over the past few days. The biggest one is the one I am interested in. I basically need to know if if it has clips on the back for hanging or slots for screws and the distance between them. I have a custom fitting set up on the vaulted ceiling and if the distance between screws is too big I wont be able to mount.
    Also if ya can let me know if the courier will take it.

Thanks
    Bazual.

John, I may still be interested - what's the width of the screens, and wall mounted or ceiling?
    I could position a screen in front of my proposed TV position, but I would need to hang it off brackets from the wall.
    Also -recommended distance to projector? Mine would be 4.5m away - ceiling mounted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 brendan84

Hi John,

I'll take one of these....

244 * 138 Spring Theatre

I'd need courier delivery.

Thanks
    Brendan

Aidan,

no problem, thanks for the order - they are currently in Belfast - and they are looooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg so I'm not sure if our courier will take the biggest - But we could get them to The Philips Shop for you if you wanted to collect for next week no problem (or of course you could collect in Richer Belfast) - keep me posted and we will do our best for you.

ATB,

John Mc

Hi john, can you get it to the phillips shop and ill collect it from there at any stage in the next week..

Aidan

Any news on these screens?

Bump.

brendan84 wrote: »
    Any news on these screens?

Brendan,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I cannot answer your queries as I bought these screens on a complete whim and I don't have access to any online info on them - However I am in Belfast next Monday and I'll grab them and take them back to Dublin and get a good loook at them all to answer all your queries,

Apologies again for the delay and keep me posted if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

I'll take one of these....

244 * 138 Spring Theatre

I'd need courier delivery.

Thanks
    Brendan
    Brendan,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I cannot answer your queries as I bought these screens on a complete whim and I don't have access to any online info on them - However I am in Belfast next Monday and I'll grab them and take them back to Dublin and get a good loook at them all to answer all your queries,

Apologies again for the delay and keep me posted if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

I'm happy to take one as is,are you able to courier them?

Bump.

Hi John,

What's the position with these screens, could do with knowing soon.

Thanks
    Brendan

Hi John,

What's the position with these screens, could do with knowing soon.

Thanks
    Brendan

Brendan,

Once again apologies for the delay - some of the screens have now arrived in Dublin - however typical - I'm away until Friday - as soon as I get back I'll photograph and post them for you and post them up here.

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you (again) :o

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

I'm happy to take one as is,are you able to courier them?

Are you able to courier them?

• Advertisement

Are you able to courier them?

Bren,

I'll check it out for you - where are you based?

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks, I'm in Tipperary town.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

244 * 138 Spring Theatre - only 2 of these.

Hi John

Do you still have these two available? If so I will take both can collect from Phillips store.

Thanks,
    Clayton

Any news John?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Brendan.

I have just checked with our couriers and they will ship these, but they charge extra as they are an outsized parcel. Delivery per screen would be £18.99.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'll give you a call to arrange things.

Hi john, can you get it to the phillips shop and ill collect it from there at any stage in the next week..

Aidan

Are these screens still in stock, i really could do with the larger one...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Hi guys, thanks again for the tv working a treat!, just wondering have you any screens in stock at the moment also. :D

Aidan & FGalway,

OK I have had a root around - I have the following available:

All manual - brand new boxed:

Harkness 77" * 2
    Harkness 92" * 1
    Harkness 106" * 1
    Optoma 84" * 1
    Harkness 203cm *114 * 1
    Harkness 70cm * 96cm * 1

£49.95 each collection only!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Aidan & FGalway,

OK I have had a root around - I have the following available:

All manual - brand new boxed:

Harkness 77" * 2
    Harkness 92" * 1
    Harkness 106" * 1
    Optoma 84" * 1
    Harkness 203cm *114 * 1
    Harkness 70cm * 96cm * 1

£49.95 each collection only!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.