Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silly question

• 17-02-2010 8:32pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

mods not sure if this is the right place - if not moved away :)

my gas boiler appears to have died - the pilot light is not igniting.

who do i contact to get it fixed - a plumber ? electrician ? or is there any a special gas boiler fixer person?

finally can anyone recommended one? i am in dublin 11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am guessing you live in meakstown. Have you tried resetting the boiler before you call a plumber. Turn the dial to R and hol it on R for 5 seconds then tern it back to the heat mode.

if I am wrong contact rgii as above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 adzar

im in dublin 11,plumber.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

adzar wrote: »
    im in dublin 11,plumber.

i have someone coming around today but if he doesnt show - i will keep you in mind
    I am guessing you live in meakstown. Have you tried resetting the boiler before you call a plumber. Turn the dial to R and hol it on R for 5 seconds then tern it back to the heat mode.

if I am wrong contact rgii as above

Nope, not in Meakstown :) i dont have an "R" or a heat mode on the boilder. just an on/off button. i think the boiler is about 10 years old approx. not sure how old, it was there when i moved in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Update:

need a new boiler - getting it put in on Monday and received my SEI Grant.

Have to say i am impressed at how easy it was to apply and get the Grant. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement