Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Imagine Broadband

• 17-02-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

ive had imagine 3mb since just after christmas and since having it around 2 or 3 days its beeen terrible. its grand when using the pc but on xbox live its terrible , it was ok for a few days recently but mostly only gives me a two bar connection at most in MW2. Whats up with it and please give me a simple or not too complex solution like running tests or ringing them up.

Thanks in advance :).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Can you hard wire it? (i.e. plug in the lan cable from your modem to your Xbox)? Even temporarily to check the speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

yes , what will that accomplish?

oh, your broadband on your PC runs fast, but on XBL it's slow? I assume you're using wireless....Could you plug your LAN into your Xbox and see if XBL runs faster?

If it does, it means your wireless reception/signal in your house is weak. Mine's really weak, even though they're close enough together. Hopefully the solution is a long LAN cable and not one of those really expensive Xbox wireless adapters with the two prongs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

by LAN do you mean an ethernet cable?..also (not sure if it matters) but i used to have eircom and the distance from the router to xbox was twice as far as where the router is now so what would that mean?

i mean the thick gray cable with the ends that look like a telephone connector input

Ethernet10-100LANCable15m_1.jpg

Ha lol found a pic. Plug that into your Xbox and see if XBL runs faster?

My apartment is like a concrete block, wireless is pretty crappy in it. So the farther away a computer is to my modem (by wireless) the worse the signal. I hardwire (i.e. connect via cables) the comp and XBL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement