Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

byrnes world of wonder

Options
  • 17-02-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

just seen on kilkenny people byrnes up in retail park is having a relocation sale, where are they relocating too does anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

no idea, but they have a ps3 for only €150 . . . .which i still can't afford :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Byrne's World of Wonder where they're off to...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

......i wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

They are closing the springhill shop and 7 other stores across the country

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Do you know where the other 7 are?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Iamhere wrote: »

one in Waterford anyway near Superquinn

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Not surprised. They are very expensive and not a patch on Ken Blacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

mfitzy wrote: »
    Not surprised. They are very expensive and not a patch on Ken Blacks.

That's right kick'em when they down!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Dymo wrote: »

Sometimes, truth hurts! No harm in telling it like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Thats not kicking them while they are down, obviously we were being ripped off if people use else where. Beleive me they know exactly what they are doing they wouldn't have got to the size they are if they didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

femur61 wrote: »
    Thats not kicking them while they are down, obviously we were being ripped off if people use else where. Beleive me they know exactly what they are doing they wouldn't have got to the size they are if they didn't

What I hate is the glee factor people show when a company closes, If people thought they were being ripped off they shouldn't of bought there (Which obviously happened) Every time a shop closes it effects a number of workers which has an effect on a number of other people.

well its not too surprising if they go as they have another shop in kilkenny and they opened the new shop not long before the recession sh!t started . . .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Dymo wrote: »

They had a high manager & staff turnover rate which would suggest they didn't pay too well or had much respect for their staff, they were also expensive. They were also over-priced. I don't believe mfitzy is kicking when they're down, it's a fact (not speaking for mfitzy but they're my sentiments). I feel sorry for those that lost their jobs, I was unemployed for six months last year and I'm in a crap job at the moment just to stay off the dole.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

They had a high manager & staff turnover rate which would suggest they didn't pay too well or had much respect for their staff.

I can vouch for that. I worked at the High St. one for Christmas one year. Pay was ok but the manager at the time and the Byrne's kids and the regional manager really made life hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Iamhere wrote: »

I dont sorry
    JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I can vouch for that. I worked at the High St. one for Christmas one year. Pay was ok but the manager at the time and the Byrne's kids and the regional manager really made life hell.

You wouldn happen to be from canada or america would you

kkhornet wrote: »

You wouldn happen to be from canada or america would you

Depends on who I'm talking too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

Yeah I worked there for a summer and oh my god the manager you couldnt stand still but he was watching everything that was going on and got the monies worth of you,

mousehouse wrote: »
    Yeah I worked there for a summer and oh my god the manager you couldnt stand still but he was watching everything that was going on and got the monies worth of you,

I have a feeling I know who you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

hi all,be delighted to know if the one in high street is still open as i am thinking of bringing the kids for a spin to kilkenny at the weekend might pop in regards brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

hi all,be delighted to know if the one in high street is still open as i am thinking of bringing the kids for a spin to kilkenny at the weekend might pop in regards brian
    Yeah, it's still open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭nhg

Does'nt have very much in it though, better off taking a spin to Ken Black in Carlow or Smyths in Waterford

nhg wrote: »
    Does'nt have very much in it though, better off taking a spin to Ken Black in Carlow or Smyths in Waterford

Promote the local economy!! And as far as i know you can spend your marbles there this weekend, 10% discount!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I wanted to give them my business but they didn't have the Lego I needed. When I rang to ask the girl who answered said that they only had a few bits and pieces and this was before the sale began. It didn't entice to me to go in and check it out as it sounded like a get rid of all the shite to make way for Christmas stock sale. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭nhg

They never had much of a stock of the real lego, they had a few pieces of a cheaper brand, not much good when kids are collecting a particular collection. Now that they are back in the small shop there is very little choice of toys as the place is so small, also they are dearer than Smyths etc.

The shop on the high street (i think it is called crotty's) has a much better selection of toys and are great for lego, they have a whole area dedicated to it.

Toy shops in Kilkenny are not very child friendly, crottys hard enough to walk around with the amount of toys let alone try to get a buggy in and Byrnes are not much better with the toy shop upstairs!

Advertisement