Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99 Ford Focus

Options
  • 17-02-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I bought a 99 Ford Focus recently and being the naive young man that I am, I never even thought of checking the water on the windscreen wipers. The wipers are working fine but there's no water being sprayed up, and maybe more worryingly I don't hear any sound.... could it be as easy as a fuse? or maybe the pump?

Also there was no manual with the car, anybody know where to download a pdf maybe? Thanks Guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

check the fuse first, should be listed on fuse box cover, if it's not the fuse, put a multimeter or 12v lamp tester on the pump connectors and get a buddy to squirt the washer to see if it's getting power, if it is, then your pump is knackered. You can buy cheap replacement ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭madarekrap

I don't even know where the water pump would be, any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

I think its on the passenger side .. Jack it up and take off the passenger side front wheel...Take out the passenger side wheel arch liner and you will see the tank. There will be 2 pumps if its a hatch and one if its a saloon.

Simples

I have the diagrams and stuff on a CD but its for a 04 TDDi - A good friend works for Ford and they dont like giving out the info.. I think the Haynes manual gives you a general idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Had similar but different problem with an '00 focus. the tank is located in the front wing just behind the passenger front wheel. Screwdriver to remove some panels under the wheel arch and (13/14/15mm spanner????) to dismount the tank is all it takes after jacking up and taking wheel off.

I had the motor working but what looked like tar clogging the filter. Took the tank off and ran fresh water through it and flushed the tar/gunk out. The motor just pops out and is small so not expensive to replace.

With no sound it sounds more like a fuse or the motor is gone. Haynes manual is a godsend. Think I got one for €10 on ebay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭madarekrap

Hi again guys,

Pulled apart the Focus with one of the lads today, spent a few hours taking off the panel and that and got to the pump anyway, it was dead alright. My last car was a Fiesta and it's sitting in the driveway waiting to be scrapped, so I took the pump off that and it's working perfectly now!!! Thanks fr all your help again!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement